• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Launches April 7, 2017 on PS4, XB1 and PC

Dabanton

Best, most fun FPS of last gen. Deserves to be a success and get a sequel.

The ending of the first one was ultimate blue balls

I've heard a lot of good things about this game, but I never got around to buying or playing it.

Now that it's getting rereleased, I will have to pick it up on Steam and finally give it a go. After having a lot of fun with Doom this year, I'd be interested in finally playing this.

EBE

I thought the game was rather boring. Duke voiceover sounds like an amusing novelty... For about five minutes.

Justinh

The game had technical issues beyond just GFWL.
Does it? After using the Bulletstorm Ini Editor tool thingy, I've been able to run it north of 60, around the 80-90ish+ FPS territory (at its lowest) on just one 970 and a 2500K.. It doesn't run that well for me in 4K DSR though, but I expected that.

I was just dicking around with this game last night, as I never finished it the first time I played it, and really... I don't think the remaster, judging from the trailer, looks really look any better than the PC version. Not enough to rebuy at least. I guess maybe if the console version is good. I don't care about the Duke stuff. I feel like the only person that loved Duke3d and played it to death back in the 90s, and it was one of the first games I played often online that feels like Duke should just stay in the 90s. Good for people who like him though, I guess.

That can't be a real name...
Yeah, that's the dude's name. I don't think he's related to Alex St. Jon though, so good for him I guess...

PSOreo

Fantastic news, loved this game when it originally came out! Hopefully it still holds up and that it's potential successes may mean a sequel.

Man, I've just seen this is $50, or £30 on Steam, which will probably end up bring more than £30 on PSN. No fucking thank you. I'll wait until it has at least half off.

LewieP

Does it? After using the Bulletstorm Ini Editor tool thingy, I've been able to run it north of 60, around the 80-90ish+ FPS territory (at its lowest) on just one 970 and a 2500K. I was just dicking around with it last night. It doesn't run that well for me in 4K DSR though, but I expected that.

My complaints are not related to performance. It has a bug that triggers quite commonly, preventing progress beyond Act 3 Chapter 2. It's why I could never finish the game.

danowat

Banned
Great news.

It's a fantastic game, I've just started playing DOOM (2016) and the combat has a similar feel to Bulletstorm, the whole, getting up close in the enemies faces, and mixing up combat to get a better score.

Really stylish game, will get the remaster for sure because I have very fond memories of playing through the original on my 360.

laxu

I've played the original thru a few times and love it but probably won't bother getting this one. I just hope that it sells well enough to warrant greenlighting a sequel. :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder if it's going to be 60fps on consoles this time around ...

it ran on a toaster, i think that would be hard to mess up, then again i said the same for other games that had lower requirements

ChryZ

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition? Full Clip Edition?

More like Full Price Edition, am right?

They never cleaned up the GFWL filth, at least throw your fans a bone and offer a 90% off upgrade for existing owners of the previous release.

Not being a fan of remasters Im still looking forward to this. The original had a lot of awesome moments and the new voice-over shows that the devs know what makes this a standout product.
does anyone know the relation of early announcements of remasters and it's pricetag?

I just don't get it. Why add Duke instead of a meaningful upgrade like say, co-op?

I have never played the original before so feel free to correct me here but judging by that trailer there is a Co-Op mode? Not the story by the looks of it, but seems to be a 4 player horde mode?

abracadaver

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition? Full Clip Edition?

More like Full Price Edition, am right?

They never cleaned up the GFWL filth, at least throw your fans a bone and offer a 90% off upgrade for existing owners of the previous release.

They did the same thing with their Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary Edition lol

20€ for a 20 year old game and no loyality discount. Bulletstorm at least has a pre-order discount

Tapejara

I agree they should have a loyalty discount for previous owners. Especially coming off how well companies like Nordic and Deep Silver are handling their remasters, not offering a loyalty discount really sucks.

That said, it's Bulletstorm. I'm there day one - especially if it means the series has hope of continuing.

They really could not have picked a better character than motherfucking Duke Nukem. Totally suits the puerile, dickjoke fest that is Bulletstorm.

Also, is this all Gearbox is gonna do now? Since their own games that aren't Borderlands flop hard as hell, just do remasters in between borderlands releases?

Indelible

Just finished this a few years ago on 360, really glad to see it on current consoles. I thought it looked incredible on 360, can't even imagine how great it will look in 4K.

danowat

Banned
I never played the DLC on 360, but on reading about it, it appears that it's pretty much multiplayer stuff, is that right?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll probably wait for a sale (or even not buy this remaster at all) and the reason for this is that for the last 4 years I've reinstalled the original game like 5 or 6 times to play to the game from start to finish the 3rd time but I never go beyond the first 30 min.

It's not like this game is bad, far from it, it's awesome, it's just.... I don't know, after playing and finishing original game 2 times and after unlocking every single player achivement I... I just don't care all that much about this game, characters, humor and I don't feel like I need to play it one more time (not to mention finish it) even in 4K, new textures etc.

Bulletstorm at least for me is not one of those game to which you can come back to at some point in your like and say - yeah, I really want to play this game again. It just doesn't have a huge replay value and there's really no reason to play it again.

But hey, if someone still haven't played this game for some reason, go for it.

Card Boy

Banned
As we were developing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, we wanted to provide the ultimate Bulletstorm experience for fans.

• No free upgrade to existing owners stuck with a shitty GFWL version
  • No loyalty discount to existing owners

Easy day 1 purchase. I loved the original release and will support this one as well so that Mr. Tallylicker's name shall live on.

Top Bottom