• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Bumblebee" spinoff gains a lead and HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

sphagnum

Banned
how does it take place in 1987? don't the autobots land on Earth right before the events of the first movie?

Optimus, Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet came to Earth in 2007. Bumblebee had been there for at the very least decades and other Transformers had been around basically forever.

The movies got real weird.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
John Cena's WWE career is officially

giphy.gif

Which adds irony to his kayfabe feud with The Rock years back

He's not part time, he's all time. Recognize.

jstripes

Banned
Retconned in The Last Knight. Now
the Transformers have been on Earth for a long, long time and Bumblebee was in World War II.

Part of me wants to watch the rest of these movies just to know what the hell is going on, but I couldn't possibly do that to myself.

LycanXIII

Who's Cena playing? Bumblebee before he loses his voice?

Also, I like the director choice, but looking at the writer's work, I'm not too confident.

Jezan

How exactly does the lore in the Transformers franchise work? Because they never really mention Sam Witwicky anymore do they? Wasn't he the first human Bee encountered on earth? This messes with everything right?
I don't know why they don't mention him at all, there was a little mention of him in The Last Knight though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Cena is about to star in the Bayformers Cinematic Universe.
Batista is in 2 Guardians of the Galaxy movies and is about to star in a Denis Villeneuve-directed Blade Runner.

I think we all know who won after all these years.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I can't wait to see his return from this where he will claim yet again that he is no part timer and how he goes out there "every night" 2 months out of the year.

mreddie

Batista is in 2 Guardians of the Galaxy movies and is about to star in a Denis Villeneuve-directed Blade Runner.

The Rock for starting it all?

Bumblebee could be a hit for all we know.

All 3 had better Hollywood runs than Hogan though.

CM Punk is on an MTV reality show. Game, set, match.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't know why they don't mention him at all, there was a little mention of him in The Last Knight though.

Sam was an unwitting member of the Witwiccan clan, and Hopkins' character said he himself was the last of the clan (or maybe it was the British lady, I don't remember) which implies Sam is dead.

oddj0b

Banned
Damn makes me wish for a GI JOE (the rock) and Transformers (Cena) crossover even more. Good to know and I'm seeing this

Don't forget a bond villian
bautista-large.jpg
lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman's had the best feud in the company this year. It's been long overdue to put the title on him honestly.

And Rock should definitely be the villain in this movie

Roman getting thrown into the Brock/Joe feud doesn't mean he's part of it

and Miz/Bryan was the other best feud

zeemumu

Remember Cena went Hollywood within his first years as the main WWE guy, it's just it hit a wall but then Trainwreck happened and everyone likes him more.

Did I mention he's rumored to be the WWE Champion again post Summerslam?

He was in 12 Rounds too, wasn't he?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I love that these movie studios don't understand what a "cinematic universe" actually is.

No, putting Bumblebee into his own movie does not make a cinematic universe.

Yes, having GI Joe in the same world would make a cinematic universe.

ryan299

Same day as Aquaman. Don't know why they'd put it on that date, especially with Transformers diminishing at the NA box office.

Mesoian

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

I MEAN SERIOUSLY!?!? WH-

Travis Knight, who directed the stop-motion movie Kubo and the Two Strings, is helming the new film from a script by Christina Hodson (Shut In).

I'm listening...

Auctopus

Travis Knight, who directed the stop-motion movie Kubo and the Two Strings, is helming the new film from a script by Christina Hodson (Shut In).

Please be stop-motion with Transformers toys and a John Cena action-figure.

Ithil

Good for Cena, he's proven a better leading man than expected.

Though, this spin-off seems ill advised to continue with given how much the fifth film flopped.

Top Bottom