• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Bumblebee" spinoff gains a lead and HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

Fevaweva

Mark-Wahlberg-John-Cena-470.gif
This deserves infinite amount of love

Dryk

I think Bumblebee was already on Earth when the movie started. Everyone else came later. And I think Bumblebee is the only 'Bot in this one? That may not be confirmed though.

Edit: I saw TLK like a month ago and completely forgot they retconned the Transformers to have been here all along. Wtf
In the first movie Megatron has been stuck in the ice for centuries or millenia and apart from Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Optimus they don't go into how long the others have been around. In Revenge of the Fallen they'd been on Earth in the distant past and left, but Seekers like Jetfire had been on Earth at least 100 years (one of them was a Model T). In Dark of the Moon they revealed that Soundwave has been working with human collaborators since at least the 1960s.

Basically the concept of them always being here has always been here, but with each movie they reveal more and more random Transformers stuff from the past.

How exactly does the lore in the Transformers franchise work? Because they never really mention Sam Witwicky anymore do they? Wasn't he the first human Bee encountered on earth? This messes with everything right?

Each consecutive film in the series has fucked up the mythos even more.

At this point, it's like they are actively trying to retcon the prior film's timeline.

Top Bottom