• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise (PS3) - Online Meetups for mayhem and naked mugshots!

RotBot

I was in a freeburn last night with the camera pointed at my dog sleeping on the couch. The host apparently thought it was a picture of my dong wrapped in fur (?) and kicked me. :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Too bad we didnt go last time. I got the whole week off though and after this I'll probably only be playing Killzone, so anyone wanna do a play this week? Get some more online challenges, they're necessary for platinum trophy right?

DCX

DCX
Just got down with this and would to play online, let me know whats good for you guys.

PSN: DCXgaf

DCX

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DCX said:
Just got down with this and would to play online, let me know whats good for you guys.

PSN: DCXgaf

DCX
Sunday afternoons for sure, as Wasbi stated. Or if you add me, let me know at least a day in advance about playing.

So from what I read of this thread, some of you missed out on the Wildcats Stadium trophy? I only have one PSN friend with Burnout and he's also looking for the elusive 8-player trophy (PSN Top_Slacker). I don't have any online trophies, actually, and I'm really interested in picking up the Cops and Robbers pack. I'm hoping I can get a group formed up so we can knock out some of these things.

Ideally, in 2 weeks or after. Gotta deal with university finals. Lemme know if you're interested.

<---- PSN = AZsapphire87

Any people up for a 8 player freeburn/time car/bike challenge runthrough (with subsequent 7 and 6 player runthroughs?

PSN is same as my GAF.

nice work ben, now schedule something so I can show up ;)

BTW, I owe someone a tag from the smash the admin contest, if it's you (and don't lie or else you won't like the result!) PM me.

I have, uh.... 412 challenges to go... AWESOME

Also, missing the 1st island challenge!

Big Surf Island is all loaded up now and I'm ready to do some online challenges. I have no online play under my belt so I'm anxious to get in on it.

Just throwing this out there, we can do it sooner if desired (I don't have work or school right now).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=27&year=2009&p1=137&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37&iv=0

I was thinking maybe Saturday (6/27) around 9/10 am Pacific 4/5pm UK.

Updated list of tags (I've added you all)

GAF / PSN

Nintendo Playstation / AZsapphire87
crispyben / Grandben
ayrkain / ayrkain
edgefusion / edgefusion
r4z4 / r_4_z_4
The Skater / JackBauer07
levious / levious
Captain Knutsman / Lars_Knudsen
AnonymousNoob / AnonymousNoob
thelastword / tlword
WasabiKing / WasabiKing
Dementia / CaptMhead
Adam Prime / adam_prime
Pallaris / Hellblazer
Coldsnap / ColdsnapBryan
rhfb / rhfb
xS1TH L0RDx / LiquidLynch13
BelligerentOC / BelligerentOC

The above list represents everyone since early May who has expressed an interest in doing some online challenges and/or earning trophies such as the 8-player Wildcats meet. Now, who can host? We've got enough players here for two groups. :lol

rc213

I still play this game quite a bit. Will probably buy the Island DLC in a week. Had a great run with Noob a couple days ago.

PSN: rc213
PST

crispyben

WasabiKing said:
nice work ben, now schedule something so I can show up ;)

BTW, I owe someone a tag from the smash the admin contest, if it's you (and don't lie or else you won't like the result!) PM me.
Thanks, I was upstaged by Nintendo Playstation! I did not win that contest and earn that tag, so no worries here :D

Nintendo Playstation said:
Just throwing this out there, we can do it sooner if desired (I don't have work or school right now).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=27&year=2009&p1=137&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37&iv=0

I was thinking maybe Saturday (6/27) around 9/10 am Pacific 4/5pm UK.
Sure, I'll try to be on! I can also host a session on Wednesday June 24:

6 PM GMT
Paris (France) 8 PM CEST
London (U.K. - England) 7 PM BST
New York (U.S.A. - New York) 2 PM EDT
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) 11AM PDT

Here's the updated list of tags:

GAF / PSN

crispyben / Grandben
ayrkain / ayrkain
edgefusion / edgefusion
r4z4 / r_4_z_4
The Skater / JackBauer07
levious / levious
thelastword / tlword
WasabiKing / WasabiKing
Dementia / CaptMhead
Adam Prime / adam_prime
Pallaris / Hellblazer
Coldsnap / ColdsnapBryan
rhfb / rhfb
rc213 / rc213
magus / Magos

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Hey, add me! Of course I'm in! :D I can be there for the 24th meeting.

I don't need any (paid) DLC right?

crispyben

Teetris said:
Hey, add me! Of course I'm in! :D I can be there for the 24th meeting.

I don't need any (paid) DLC right?
Well, we might do Island challenges, but there are only ten of them, so I think you'll be OK.

GAF / PSN

crispyben / Grandben
ayrkain / ayrkain
edgefusion / edgefusion
r4z4 / r_4_z_4
The Skater / JackBauer07
levious / levious
thelastword / tlword
WasabiKing / WasabiKing
Dementia / CaptMhead
Adam Prime / adam_prime
Pallaris / Hellblazer
Coldsnap / ColdsnapBryan
rhfb / rhfb
rc213 / rc213
magus / Magos
Teetris / G-Tris

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I need all the BSI online challenges, so I'll do my best to make it out to the meetup. :D

EDIT: Knocked them all out today. Anyone need any help (it's easier just to do it with two people) let me know.

Also, I made a post in the other thread, anyone want to trade DLC I'd be more than happy to trade straight up for Party Pack, Car packs, or Cops and Robbers for my Big Surf Island.

My computer was rendering some video when I decided to smash some cars while I waited. I'm sorry I didn't have any more time, but the time we spent tripled the amount of challenges I had cleared so far - Thanks a lot :D

I really need to get a mic though - you and the other seemed a bit garbled at times but I got the part where you discussed who I was ;)

edit: Just participated for another video rendering - got to participate in the 8 player wildcats challenge WOO :D I'm so looking forward to completing my bachelor project, going to that ac/dc concert and Roskilde Festival so I can participate in more online fun ;)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh shit, I'm late! D: Was last day of school so everyone was out partying.

I really wanted that 8 player stadium trophy. Too bad. Next meeting I'm 1000% in.

rc213 said:
I still play this game quite a bit. Will probably buy the Island DLC in a week. Had a great run with Noob a couple days ago.

PSN: rc213
PST
I got a message but I was playing Buzz! with the family :/

Thanks for hosting today crispyben, 26 challenges and 5 trophies complete in 2 hours here! I'm sure Saturday will net me the 10 Timed Challenge trophy. BTW, are the bike trophies considered "additional content"? If so, I'm about 8 trophies and a webcam away from my first platinum! If not, maybe 12 away. If only I'd get started on some showtime road rules. I don't find them difficult, it just seems like each one takes so long!

Also, I made an error... Dementia's PSN has an underscore in it. Capt_Mhead

Adam Prime said:
Anyone need any help (it's easier just to do it with two people) let me know.
I need 'em. If I find you online I'll hit you up.

Teetris said:
Oh shit, I'm late! D: Was last day of school so everyone was out partying.

I really wanted that 8 player stadium trophy. Too bad. Next meeting I'm 1000% in.
I saw you online at the end. You should try for Saturday, I'm sure we'll get it done at least once if we can get 8 players in.

crispyben

Thanks for hosting today crispyben, 26 challenges and 5 trophies complete in 2 hours here! I'm sure Saturday will net me the 10 Timed Challenge trophy. BTW, are the bike trophies considered "additional content"? If so, I'm about 8 trophies and a webcam away from my first platinum! If not, maybe 12 away. If only I'd get started on some showtime road rules. I don't find them difficult, it just seems like each one takes so long!
You're welcome, it was fun for me too, I was glad we could get some of you that 8-player Wildcats Stadium Trophy :D I did a 6x barrel roll early in the session, which is my personal best, but it didn't register... I'll try to join tomorrow (June 27):

3/4 PM GMT
Paris (France) 5/6 PM CEST
London (U.K. - England) 4/5 PM BST
New York (U.S.A. - New York) 11 AM/NOON EDT
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) 8/9 AM PDT

Thanks to crispyben, I got the island challenges and 11 others done and earned 6 more trophies in the process. :)

crispyben said:
I did a 6x barrel roll early in the session, which is my personal best, but it didn't register...
I saw that! It's my personal best too, although I did mine offline at the quarry jump in the toy DeLorean/88 Special. Has it registered yet? Mine took a couple days to update that and my power parking record on the Island. Maybe you have to do it offline?

Anyone down for more freeburning Weds. July 1st?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Thanks to crispyben, I got the island challenges and 11 others done and earned 6 more trophies in the process. :)

I saw that! It's my personal best too, although I did mine offline at the quarry jump in the toy DeLorean/88 Special. Has it registered yet? Mine took a couple days to update that and my power parking record on the Island. Maybe you have to do it offline?

Yeah, I'll be there.

crispyben

I'll try to make it, one hour later, but no promises... Last Wednesday I had fun with a player I just found out was another GAFfer, I hope he doesn't mind me posting his GAF/PSN here: Dani/Hakushaku-U

crispyben said:
I'll try to make it, one hour later, but no promises... Last Wednesday I had fun with a player I just found out was another GAFfer, I hope he doesn't mind me posting his GAF/PSN here: Dani/Hakushaku-U
He/She has skills. They became my first rival and we were taking each other down left and right. I got owned quite a bit more though. Still very fun. I'll send an friend request/invite from the Players Met list and see what happens.

I'll be there for at least 2-3 hours so I'll see ya there guys!

theBishop

Banned
you guys still playing? I'm looking for something new since Uncharted 2 is over :(.

Send a fr to thebishop and put "GAF" in the message.

Gonna try to catch a few hours of sleep now. I might/might not be awake in 6-7 hours but if I'm not there try to do the challenges I've already done ;) :lol :lol :lol

I need to get online with this game more.

I tried the Island again yesterday and it's a lot of fun. Kind of easy to get lost with those stupid check points (though I guess you get better with practice?) because they sometimes put them in weird spots. Took me three tries to get the upgraded dust storm due to that...made me feel stupid after getting so proficient at navigating the city. :/

I always feel so silly as the host when picking those simple challenges like "drive in oncoming for 50 yards" or "use your boost." I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't done these when I pick them, but they've gotta be done sometime, huh? Well, I haven't had any compaints about the challenges I'm picking and I'm pretty much going in order. Guess everything's okay.

Had an impromptu freeburn today with kamorra and Number45. tlword was there for a minute but disappeared. Did all ten Island challenges twice, netting both players another trophy. Also did some online road rages which were a lot of fun, though they would've been better with more people. Then I found a different room with a full bike lobby and knocked out the 5 bike challenges and 10 mile ride trophies!

online for awhile tonight...psn is allegate. no mic because I'm still getting over a cold and don't want to cough in anyone's ear. I have 0 challenges done so I'll start anywhere.

I'll add you when I'm on later today, allegate. (My PSN: AZsapphire87)

Was really into bike freeburns yesterday, until I found a room hosted by "Greg0013." He kicked me from his room 5 times even though I was cooperating and actively participating in every challenge he chose. It must have been because I was using a female rider. Even though I'm a dude, I laugh my butt off when other players will pull up next to me because they think I'm a chick. They do wheelies and circles right in front of me like it's going to impress me. And some players will be jerks and run into me, trying to make me crash or fall off the edge of a building. I've never seen anything like it.

Top Bottom