• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bush promotes $1.5 billion dollar marriage plan to fix welfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaptruder

Banned
Congratulations America!

Your leader sucks and everybody hates you!

But at least your families will be more huggy kissey.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
akascream said:
Point taken. But considering the alternative, it was kinda lose-lose.

This whole term really makes me question that "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know" line of reasoning...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ShadowRed said:
Or voted for Nader.

Yes, because everybody who voted for Nader clearly would have voted for Gore if Nader weren't there. They couldn't possibly have been people who have no interest in voting for democrats or republicans anyway. No, of course not. Let's blame Nader because Gore ran an incompetent campaign!

Well, it's not that bad of plan, but it should be limited to families that have children and be extended to provide counseling to single parents and to homosexual couples who have children. Basically, it should be a program that counsel parents on raising children and financial planning for families.

element

Evolution VIII said:
Well, it's not that bad of plan, but it should be limited to families that have children and be extended to provide counseling to single parents and to homosexual couples who have children. Basically, it should be a program that counsel parents on raising children and financial planning for families.
what about job education? job placement? I can understand financial planning, if someone makes enough money to save money.

Wolfy

Banned
Pat Buchanan was an anti Iraq-war conservative. If only the republican douchebags hadn't excommunicated people like him.

element said:
what about job education? job placement? I can understand financial planning, if someone makes enough money to save money.

The beauty of this plan is if you teach parents about the virtues of parenting and financial planning, it could lead them to seek higher education and assistance with job placement in better career fields.

element

Evolution VIII said:
The beauty of this plan is if you teach parents about the virtues of parenting and financial planning, it could lead them to seek higher education and assistance with job placement in better career fields.
so being a good parent equal getting a good job?

sorry doesn't work.

element said:
so being a good parent equal getting a good job?

sorry doesn't work.

No, being a good parent raises the likelihood that the child will get an education who will in turn get a higher paying job. However, the program COULD lead them to get an education to get into a career to help their families. Could is the magic word because it may or may not happend as a result. It all depends on the parents' motivation.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Gek54 said:
I thought it was just that people prefer retards over liars.

Wait, what did Gore lie about? Creating the Internet? I mean, seriously, that's a quote that was quite simply just stupidly taken out of context and spread around the very same Internet by idiots in the first place.

And secondly, I seriously question the mental stability of a person who considers George W. "sincere" and Clinton a "liar".

Stele

Holds a little red book
Wolfy said:
Pat Buchanan was an anti Iraq-war conservative. If only the republican douchebags hadn't excommunicated people like him.
Buchanan is also a white supremacist, so it's not all bad.

G4life98

Its funny that the guy doesnt even try and hide his "religious - kook" nature anymore...its like he thinks he already has the election won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom