• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

bush says stuff and south parks guys say stuff and all without using CAPSLOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
As reported on the Drudge Report...

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN AUG 01, 2004 20:52:25 ET XXXXX

WHITE HOUSE ANGER AT HOLLYWOOD ELECTION SURPRISE: PARAMOUNT PUPPET MOVIE TO MOCK TERROR WAR

**Exclusive**

A new film set for release from PARAMOUNT has raised the pop culture threat levels at the White House -- a film which lampoons the war on terror [and media urgency] using puppets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"I really do not think terrorism is funny, and I would suggest PARAMOUNT give respect to those fighting and sacrificing to keep America safe," a senior Bush adviser told the DRUDGE REPORT this weekend.

The new fuss film TEAM AMERICA, set for release two weeks before the November presidential election, is entering post-production with SOUTH PARK creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

A deep voice using serious tones opens the film's teaser: "We live in a time of unparalleled danger. Weapons of Mass Destruction are being offered to terrorists all over the world. Global chaos is about to consume every country on Earth. And there is only one hope for humanity."

The movie's official poster features an apparent Bush look-a-like [strings attached] with his back to the viewer.

The senior White House adviser, who asked not to be named, fumed after seeing the movie's website and trailer.

"This is just unconscionable. Not funny..."

Marionette puppets are used throughout the film to mock terror threats, and media figures who dominate the nation's airwaves. But Parker and Stone save most of the mocking for left-wing pundits and Michael Moore.

"Bush is not even in the film," Parker said Sunday night from Los Angeles during the DRUDGE REPORT radio broadcast.

"I would ask that people wait and see it, before passing a judgement."

Developing...

And a briefing of Matt and Trey's response from AICN...

Matt Stone and Trey Parker were on The Drudge Report's radio show tonight responding to how the White House is mad about their new movie about terrorism. They said, "We're maing fun of terrorists, not terrorism, we've done this on South Park since the Osama episode. This movie isn't making fun of every angle of it, not police officers or our service men. It rips on Hollywood actors. We thank the Bush admin for the the free press. I think you will think it's funny what happens to Janeane Garofalo. Our comedy is the way we think, just because we are making a comedy it doesn't mean we don't have any feelings on terrorism. This film is the fastest release Paramount has ever done. People are gonna leave this film wondering which political side we are on. We think firemen and service men will love this movie most of all. As of now there is no Bush puppet in the movie, but we might put one in. We dont want people thinking we are in on the Fahrenheit 9/11 bandwagon. Everyone should be afraid of this movie."

This are the mainpoints of the interview, not the whole thing.

You can call me: JoshtheExplorer

TEAM AMERICA -- @#$% YEAH!

Iceman

The Bush admin should have read the AICN writeup before responding.. it really does sound like most of the humor will come at the left's expense.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The movie's official poster features an apparent Bush look-a-like [strings attached] with his back to the viewer.

That's incredibly stupid. It's a white man with short dark hair. Of course, that must indicate to everyone the likeness of Bush. *rolls eyes*

I've always been surprised by Matt & Trey's kinda low-key use of Bush for fodder for South Park. Even considering "That's My Bush," they haven't been as nasty with him as they have with, say, Rob Reiner or Barbra Streisand.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Bush and Co. need to relax. It looks like this movie makes fun of both sides to me.

Like Matt and Trey said, "we're making fun of the terrorists not terrorism."
Can't wait to see it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can anyone blame them for making fun of Barbra Streisand ? ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
IAmtheFMan said:
I've always been surprised by Matt & Trey's kinda low-key use of Bush for fodder for South Park. Even considering "That's My Bush," they haven't been as nasty with him as they have with, say, Rob Reiner or Barbra Streisand.
I would hazard a guess and say it's partially because making fun of Bush is so mainstream that it'd just be repetitive for South Park to do it too. Bush is knocked nightly on every late night talk show, he's been knocked in Anchorman and Harold and Kumar, etc. I think Matt and Trey would just prefer to do something a little more fresh, unless they have something significant to satire (like in the ladder to heaven episode).

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Perhaps I'm out of the loop or something, but what the fuck does Janeane Garofalo have to do with anything?

She has her own left-wing radio talk show on Air America. My guess is they are making fun of her for her extremist views.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm pretty sure I saw Dick Cheney in the trailer, so I'm sure Matt and Trey will get their licks in.

MaddenNFL64

It looks like Matt & Trey are going to pound the left real hard.

Well, I guess it's fair play, so i'll give it a shot :).

BTW, I think they've been pretty fair-minded. Most of the recent political jabs have been against the left (That tolerance episode with the gerbil, Rob Reiner's fat ass)

Belfast

Matt and Trey have always made fun of both sides. They stick to their guns based on what they think. For instance, they're making fun of Michael Moore, but Matt Stone also had a lot to say when he was talking with Moore in Bowling for Columbine. They're both fairly reasonable people and they're just tired of the bullshit on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom