• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2011 [Redux]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

DISCLAIMER: the NeoGAF administration has no authority over any transactions that are facilitated by this thread and cannot be held responsible for whatever results from using this thread to buy, sell, or trade goods or services. We advise caution and common sense.

This thread is for private transactions, not for advertising your company.

Basic Ground Rules

1. Re-listing sales (aka: do not spam)

Users have commented that at times, some sellers repost their sales too often, making the thread feel cluttered with spam. This is not good. I do not want to set a specific number of posts for re-listing, but I think that it is fair to say that for a user on 50 posts per page, it would be annoying to see the same listings reposted on every single page. The community here feels that 150-200 posts is a good benchmark for waiting before re-listing something. I think it is a reasonable number. I think sellers should use their own digression on this, because the idea is to keep everyone happy and satisfied.

2. No off-site sales or auctions

The Buy/Sell/Trade thread is meant for the community on this forum to buy/sell/trade within the community. It is not a thread for people to promote off-site sales or auctions. If you choose to sell or auction your stuff on a public site elsewhere, that's your decision. Do not spam those things back into this thread. There's a specific function for the thread and linking to your auctions is not that function.

3. No need to whine

Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade something. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, whether it is worth that amount of money will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling things they got for free, or making a big fuss out of perceived overcharging. It's a free market.

4. No illegal shit

I think this goes without saying, but JUST IN CASE. Do not sell stolen goods (well, first of all, don't steal :p), do not sell pirated goods, do not sell illegal products, or things that might get the forum into trouble. If we get a complain about such stuff, you will get banned, and the listing(s) will get deleted, because... duh. Oh and don't try to trade any of that shit either.

5. Normal forum rules apply

This thread isn't any different from any other thread in terms of general moderation. This means the stuff that's banned elsewhere is also banned here. There usually isn't a problem because there isn't much actual discussion in such a thread which could create the usual problems, but oh boy did it just happen! So yeah, don't do that, please.

Feedback List

Click here to view

Credit goes to KoreanBarbecue for setting up and maintaining this list.

def sim

I want to trade a Halo Reach Games on Demand code for 1600msp code directly through PM. If anyone is willing to do so, just PM me.

reach.png

edit: second and last reposting

th3dude

Thanks to Duckroll for cleaning up the mess and supporting this thread....

Now let's get back to business...

Have:
Batman: Arkham City Steam Code + Paypal

Want:
MW3 Preorder Steam gift

Interested in Batman? Let's make a deal and let us both get the games we want cheaper. You gift me MW3, I send you Batman key + Paypal. I have feedback in this thread + past threads.

I'll also sell it outright. Here's proof of my key:

Qdznml.jpg

seDeal.jpg

duckroll

I understand there was some feedback list, which well, got destroyed in the process of someone's meltdown. If someone could PM me about the exact details, I'll be happy to work out a solution.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
I understand there was some feedback list, which well, got destroyed in the process of someone's meltdown. If someone could PM me about the exact details, I'll be happy to work out a solution.
kodt has a backup list I believe.

Aselith

duckroll said:

KoreanBarbeque got the whole list from what I understand so we should still be good.

Amagon

Thanks you for posting those guidelines duckroll. Still can't believe the amount of stupid was going on in the other thread. Such a shame.

Aselith

KoreanBarbecue said:
duckroll, just PM'd you the link to the new feedback list. I'm still formatting it, but it should be current.

Not trying to be a douche here but would you mind making a post proclaiming this list not your property and that it belongs to the community at large from here going forward. I appreciate the work you're doing and of course you should get credit but seriously now I don't want this to happen again.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For the list, people should probably make multiple copies, but the one that goes in the OP should only be editable by whoever can update a lot so it doesn't get vandalized, but is also up to date.

Hey duckroll, thanks for the response. I agree and take responsibility for editing the list. However, I also plan on enlisting folks to help keep track of feedback, as well as pass the list on to multiple folks to keep it as open as possible.

OK folks, the feedback list is now live and posted in the OP.

Some information first - the list is still somewhat rough. I'm currently formatting it and trying to make it easier to read. It's going to take a bit of time, though. OK, feedback list should now be 100% accurate and current. All members who are NeoGAF Plus or Gold should be correctly labeled as such.

Also, while I maintain responsibility for maintaining the list, I'm going to need some help. Very soon, I'll be contacting a few folks to hopefully help me keep track of feedback. This will serve two purposes.

1. I want to make sure feedback doesn't fall through the cracks.
2. I want this list to be owned by the community, not me.

As this feedback is the cumulative total of all the transactions here, it's not wise nor safe to have just one person (being me) in charge of it forever and ever. I want to make this a community endeavor and I hope that it will work out that way.

The list should now be accurate, including some late feedback that got posted towards the end of the other thread. If you notice any mistakes with your current feedback status, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that promotions, for now, are on hiatus for a few days while I get this list thing 100% sorted out. Don't worry, though, as they're coming.

With those things said, let's have some fun, huh?

hmmmmm a suggestion i have is for people that take single pics of each and every item, take a group shot of all the single items you are selling, helps save space.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
friskykillface said:
hmmmmm a suggestion i have is for people that take single pics of each and every item, take a group shot of all the single items you are selling, helps save space.
Great idea too. If for some reason they wanted to see a closer shot of a certain game, they can request it in a PM. There's also an imgur extension that makes your pictures really small, but clickable so you can see them in full size. I forgot what it's called, but I've seen people use it. It's a neat way to post pictures and it won't take up huge space.

Positive feedback for RickA238. Sold me a couple SNES games at a price that was fair for just one of them. Great transaction.

Also, positive feedback for Johnny. Sold me two great games, at a great price.

Hey knee, you're not on my ignore list, fyi (although you once were...I know, I know). I think the way your images are sized is just fine.

rance said:
I want to trade a Halo Reach Games on Demand code for 1600msp code directly through PM. If anyone is willing to do so, just PM me.

edit: second and last reposting

I also have this and would like to do the same deal if another person is interested. I know it was free, but it is still a decent market value. Although I feel a little dirty asking for this.

Edit: I will also thrown in the name and full picture of my avatar. Oh yeah...

Edit2: And to make people feel better since I am a Junior (although I might regret this later), I will send my code first. And once it is confirmed to work, you can send yours.

Just wuold like to say that i support the new thread direction. The only people who were complaining last thread were the chronic offenders.

WTB

metal gear solid peace walker play arts
-Specifically Chrysalis and The Basilisk

ys seven art book, ys seven cloth map
-came with the limited edition of the game

End of Eternity art book
80038C.jpg

WTS

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic/Paralympic book
extremely hard to find due to limited printings. This picture is not mine but is indicative of quality
Looking for approximately 100 Dollars but open to trades for cool gaming memorabilia, specifically from snes, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp properties
4685799424_44e35e798a.jpg

Not 100% sure if i want to sell these or not, but i'd like to gauge interest in the complete .hack ps2 series. All CD's are in immaculate condition. All manuals are in immaculate condition. All anime ovas are included and in immaculate condition. Given that these are all in practically factory condition, it wont be cheap. And of course I would never dream of splitting the set, so i'm either looking for a substantial sum of cash or some cool shit in return

quatreDC.jpg

monami.jpg

OK, selling some stuff that I wished I didn't have to. Poo. If you're interested, send me a PM. I'm also open to trades and am mainly interested in SNES games, a NES console and NES games, or a original Game Boy and original Game Boy games. I'm also looking to buy God of War 3 - must be complete and am looking to pay around $15 shipped.

Biohazard 15th Anniversary Japanese Limited Edition - opened but everything is in absolutely pristine condition. HD Revival game has been opened and played once. All other discs have never been played. - $150 shipped.

Mass Effect Collector's Edition for Xbox 360 - complete and in great condition.- SOLD.

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for PSone - SOLD.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for PSone
- complete and in flawless condition. - $40 shipped.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSone - original black label, complete, some very light wear on disc. - $30 shipped.

Shadow Hearts Trilogy for PS2 - original Shadow Hearts in perfect condition, ditto with Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Shadow Hearts: From the New World is still sealed. - $100 shipped.

Ninja Gaiden for Xbox - signed by Tomonobu Itagaki. Had him sign this back in July of 2004 at the Team Ninja offices for a cover story I wrote around that time for a video game mag. - $50 shipped.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Bot Set
- everything in great condition and includes everything it should - both games, both soundtracks, set exclusive "sleeve" for DDS2, deluxe box. - SOLD

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition - complete and in great condition. - SOLD.

Super Mario Bros. All-Stars Limited Edition for Wii
- complete and in great condition. - $30 shipped.

Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition - complete, everything inside the box (which wasn't sealed when it was sold by Telltale) is unopened. - $30 shipped.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Limited Edition for PS3 (Japanese version) - complete and in perfect condition. Includes game, box, original spine card, starter guide book, original soundtrack, and metal accessory set (includes character keychains, etc). - $40 shipped.

Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition for PS3 (Asian version) - complete and in perfect condition. Includes game, box, bonus DVD (sealed) and chainsaw USB drive. - $40 shipped.

Castlevania Double Pack for GBA
- box and manual only. Box has some light wear, but amazingly, is still in one piece and looking pretty good. - $10 shipped.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance for GBA - cart only, great shape. - $8 shipped.

Super Ghouls N' Ghosts for GBA
- cart only, great shape. - $8 shipped.

River City Ransom for GBA - cart only, great shape. - $8 shipped.

And some books!

Refutu Rhythm - Range Murata artbook. Complete and in absolute perfect condition. - $75 shipped.

Robot Super Color Comic - a beautiful selection of artbooks featuring some of the best artists in anime from Japan. I have a mix of both Japanese and US volumes - volume 2 US, volume 5, 6, 7, 8 Japan. - $75 shipped for all of them.

Wolfe

smurfx said:
i'm not saying this should be a rule but please post prices on your items sellers!!!

Seriously, people selling this stuff know what the general value is or at least the general amount they want to receive for it, stating "make me an offer" feels more like "I'm not going to say how much I'm looking to get so that hopefully someone will offer me more" which I know isn't the case but really how hard is it to just list a price you'd like to get and then work with people from there.

For sale:

Beatles Rock Band Gretsch guitar (george harrison model) - $100 shipped (within the US, not looking to ship internationally, it's kinda big).
Controller is in perfect working order/condition, comes with box and everything included within. Feel free to make offers, worst I can say is no.

Kunohara

Selling:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for Xbox360

In very good condition. Comes from a smoke free home. No scratches on the disc, I take very good care of my games. Does not include the avatar item from Walmart.

$20 plus shipping.

I have three feedback on here. I live in Canada, and will ship the game to the US (or Internationally, although shipping will be a bit more).

I have Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for $19 shipped gifted to Paypal. I played it once and it just isn't my cup of tea. My feedback hasn't been updated yet but I just made NeoGAF Plus from the last closed thread! Woohoo!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have a question pertaining the thread. Are we still posting feedback on the thread itself?
That never became clear on the discussion thread, and that went to the toilet really fast.

Shortt Sirket said:
Edit: I will also thrown in the name and full picture of my avatar. Oh yeah...

You mean Lilly? :D

drizzle said:
I have a question pertaining the thread. Are we still posting feedback on the thread itself?
That never became clear on the discussion thread, and that went to the toilet really fast.

You mean Lilly? :D

Yes, please leave feedback in this thread. I'll make sure it gets on the feedback list.

mjc

If anyone has a copy of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (360) I'd be willing to trade some stuff for it.

The M.O.B

Glad we got a new thread with rules now. Lets keep all that nonsense out of this thread people.

WTB The Legend of Zelda:OOT 3D $20 shipped.

Update: Thank You, I found a seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom