• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European GSD September 2024: PS5 #1 (-17%), NSW #2 (+1.5%), XBS #3 (-58%) | EA FC 25 #1, The Crew 2 #2, Space Marine 2 #3, Astro Bot #4

iamvin22

Industry Verified
None of their recent internal studios trailers mention platforms.

I made a post about it yesterday
That doesn't change the original deal that was made. Hell, even go look at the tgs photo of Phil and bond. The black ops 6 banner they are posing for only displays PS4/ PS5.

Reactions: XXL
OK? The Crew 2 was practically given away for free, since it was sold for €1, while the cheapest Space Marine 2 SKU was €60; plus a bunch of people paid for the more expensive editions, which are €90 and €100, to play it early.

Don't understand 1) the laugh emojis 2) you downplaying Space Marine 2 when all the evidence points to game selling very well.

Again from the OP which you clearly didn't bother to read:
I mean, you've been around long enough to know my guy. It is your fault for taking him seriously.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Don't understand 1) the laugh emojis 2) you downplaying Space Marine 2 when all the evidence points to game selling very well.
I think you take a lot of this waaaaaaay too seriously...

And it's not done either. It'll be a chart topper when Season 2 comes out. And so will TLOU P1.

True, the game seems to have longer legs then many seem to believe.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I think you take a lot of this waaaaaaay too seriously...

True, the game seems to have longer legs then many seem to believe.

There are so many people who haven't watched the show who will tune in because of the buzz for season 2 and they'll buy the game as a result. People will be out there binging it.

The one mistake Sony made was partnering with HBO instead of Amazon or Netflix though. All things being equal, it would have sold significantly better on those other streaming services.

If I'm Sony I'd want HBO to put season one on Amazon and Netflix and that might be a good deal for HBO too.

There are so many people who haven't watched the show who will tune in because of the buzz for season 2 and they'll buy the game as a result. People will be out there binging it.

The one mistake Sony made was partnering with HBO instead of Amazon or Netflix though. All things being equal, it would have sold significantly better on those other streaming services.

If I'm Sony I'd want HBO to put season one on Amazon and Netflix and that might be a good deal for HBO too.

I agree about Netflix not Amazon though. I just don't feel Amazon is nearly as popular and is probably right in line with HBO. Netflix is bigger than both IMO and can really blow a show up even bigger than it is on it's own. Who knows though maybe HBO just offered something Netflix wasn't willing to. Also like you said they can still go to Netflix after and make a bit of money that way to.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

No way!!! LOL!!! TLOU TV show wouldn't have been what it was without HBO. You can see the quality. Now.......putting Season 1 on Netflix might be a good idea.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Yeah, I should have known better. Won't repeat the same mistake again. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ah okay, so all you were doing here was low effort baiting. Cool....

lol I don't even know if I can call it that, merely joking as clearly the game is on sale.
I mean, you've been around long enough to know my guy. It is your fault for taking him seriously.
The deepest of lolz

You know me well. I rarely take much seriously. 99.9% of the time, if I'm posting a gif like that, i"m joking, i'm not doing it to be serious or baiting or anything odd like that, merely find it funny an old game is above a new one. Context be damned lol

We'll probably see those numbers reflected on the 3rd game as the install base grows of fans of the IP. I think Sony could have done better getting a contract with Netflix or Amazon as their budget would have been WILD, Netflix seems to be willing to ok and fund some wild shit, but all the stars aligned with HBO and i think for them, at the time, it was the right call. They have contracts with Netflix and Amazon and maybe this deal with HBO made sense for what they agreed upon.

No way!!! LOL!!! TLOU TV show wouldn't have been what it was without HBO. You can see the quality.
Well Sony has their own production studio assisting, for all we know it could have looked better with that Netflix budget

Who knows though maybe HBO just offered something Netflix wasn't willing to
This is what I believe it came down to.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
No way!!! LOL!!! TLOU TV show wouldn't have been what it was without HBO. You can see the quality. Now.......putting Season 1 on Netflix might be a good idea.

You could have used the same production companies. It still would have been the same show, just a much bigger audience.

HBO is tiny compared to Amazon and Netflix. God of War has huge potential, which is why I'm surprised to see the rumors of a remaster instead of a remake.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I agree about Netflix not Amazon though. I just don't feel Amazon is nearly as popular and is probably right in line with HBO. Netflix is bigger than both IMO and can really blow a show up even bigger than it is on it's own. Who knows though maybe HBO just offered something Netflix wasn't willing to. Also like you said they can still go to Netflix after and make a bit of money that way to.

Fallout numbers are ridiculous, especially with TLOU being a better show.

Sony took a major blow when Horizon was canceled at Netflix. They were banking on it.

HBO has to be willing to stream it for no additional cost on those other networks. Hopefully we'll get there. It would help their season 2 numbers for sure.

Top Bottom