• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone looking to get rid of a Kinect? Not looking to pay a lot, but am a human alternative to Gamestop for those looking for a little extra Wii U cash...PM me please.

Vitacat

For sale:

Lumines Electronic Symphony - PS Vita
Complete like new in box. Selling because I'm going all digital.
$24 shipped priority in USA

DSC02121.jpg

Madcatz MLG Arcade Stick (all Sanwa parts) - XB360
Complete like new in box. Selling because I have more sticks than I need.
$90 shipped priority in USA

DSC02111.jpg

Seanbob11

Looking to buy a borderlands 2 season pass code that was given at pax. I'm pretty broke just of buying the game so I can offer $20. I'll pay with PayPal

Is there something special about the pax version? I have steam season passes for sale on the previous page :)

NoRéN

No offense, but that's a bad attitude to have NoRen. If we don't all act to keep the thread in order it turns into a cesspool.

How is it a bad attitude to have? It's fine that we try to avoid this thread becoming a "cesspool". But, how is all this proud finger pointing any better. It serves no purpose other than allowing those who have taken it upon themselves to feel proud about themselves.

A simple PM would suffice. Kindly worded and linking to the 1st post or quoting the exact paragraph stating the information relevant.

All that the "Oh noes, we have rules here, 150 posts blablablah, K thanks" do is take up posts. They're almost as bad as that "OMG, I wish I could buy that" posts.

Keep them to PMs. But, everyone is allowed to voice their opinions.

Carry one, everyone. Don't let my bad attitude ruin your day.

catabarez

NoRéN;42273821 said:
How is it a bad attitude to have? It's fine that we try to avoid this thread becoming a "cesspool". But, how is all this proud finger pointing any better. It serves no purpose other than allowing those who have taken it upon themselves to feel proud about themselves.

A simple PM would suffice. Kindly worded and linking to the 1st post or quoting the exact paragraph stating the information relevant.

All that the "Oh noes, we have rules here, 150 posts blablablah, K thanks" do is take up posts. They're almost as bad as that "OMG, I wish I could buy that" posts.

Keep them to PMs. But, everyone is allowed to voice their opinions.

Carry one, everyone. Don't let my bad attitude ruin your day.

I just wanted to let the person know something about this thread that he did not. My bad for not meeting up to your standards.

Positive feedback for KoreanBarbecue.

Super fast shipping and the games arrived in mint condition.

Positive feedback for KoreanBarbecue

Super fast shipping and perfect as told. I highly recommend buying from KoreanBarbecue.

WTB: $15 Torchlight 2 Pre-Order. HOOK A BROTHER UP! :) GAF Gold and all that.

Positive feedback for KoreanBarbeque. Fast shipper and a great kisser.

Positive feedback for flashbandit16, ZROCOOL, and Risible. And yes, I am a great kisser.

looking to sell a 3g vita ASAP. Paypal accepted. I have positive feedback and will post pics later in the day. The Vita comes with an 8 gig card and pristine copies of Mortal Kombat and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Asking for $250 as I need to pay some bills :/ machine is in beautiful condition and rarely played.

Le-mo

wts
64gb iPhone 4s in very good condition. Includes box and headphones. $550 shipped. Phone is jailbroken and unlocked.

Leaving Super Positive Feedback for TM24. He sold me a 460 GTX for a hell of a price and he shipped it out quick, and packed it great. Also, he was a pleasure to communicate with. Thanks again buddy. You are awesome.

Well, quick update on my situation with Costcosaurus...I contacted PayPal and they said he just needs to go into his account to resolve the chargeback claim. He's apologized for it and said he hopes I will forgive him - but he has yet to take the simple step of working with PayPal (I contacted him on Saturday, 9/15 with the info). So I gave him a deadline of 5PM Central time today to resolve things or I am launching two websites outlining the facts surrounding the chargeback fraud. One related to his online handle and the other with his full name.

http://www.costcosaurus.com/ and I won't post the other one since it's his real name. The content will be updated after 5PM Central if I am not restored to whole.

I was being pretty reasonable...now all bets are off. I'm prepared to host these sites indefinitely.

So, what's going on here with this package? Are you just taking the card back?

NoRéN;42282052 said:
I saw the update on the site. Hope fully it's the card and not an angry note from his parents or something.

He offered before to take it back for what the card is worth now since it's obviously dropped in value the three months the guy has had it. The guy wanted more so he refused. I'm hoping he didn't wind up giving him the full value from three months ago since that's pretty shitty.

NoRéN

He offered before to take it back for what the card is worth now since it's obviously dropped in value the three months the guy has had it. The guy wanted more so he refused. I'm hoping he didn't wind up giving him the full value from three months ago since that's pretty shitty.

The dude already has his money back since he did the chargeback. This is more like he got a 3 month high end video card rental for free.

sk3tch

NoRéN;42283247 said:
The dude already has his money back since he did the chargeback. This is more like he got a 3 month high end video card rental for free.

Basically this. I've shown him a preview of the site if it were to launch. So that's my only real leverage now (and the fact that I'll run it for years if necessary so future employers will see it when they do background checks). I'm just going to wait this out until the card arrives. Not sure if I will accept it or refuse the package. At this point I guess I just need to accept it and recognize that I've pretty much been hosed. The funny thing is he did the charge back last week and the only time any action occurred on his side was when I started posting on NeoGAF. So basically the public shaming has been all that has worked and it moved him to ship the card back. It'd be one thing if he offered to ship it back first - but no...he tried to do the charge back so he could get his money and keep the card too. That's what's the bummer. He would have ran off had I not tried to contact him and post on GAF about it.

He said I can sell it and get the money blah blah but I informed him of the depreciation, etc. and also the simple logic failure that if it's so easy to sell to get the money then why did he not do this?

It's just a real painful situation. Dude is young and made a dumb mistake and is screwing someone over. He's apologetic but then the next moment he's like "there's nothing you can do about it." My bro needs cash so I'm selling stuff for him on eBay but he won't get any of that money because my account is locked at -$450. I contacted PayPal and they said it will take at least 30 days for a verdict.

Just bums me out because at the time it was a great deal for all. $450 shipped for a like new GTX 680 when they were hard to find. Cost me $20 to ship because I sent it with insurance maxed and signature required. Today, if I sold it, I'd be lucky to get $400 shipped for it. Not to mention the time wasted in dealing with this. He states his parents have been involved but I am pretty sure he hasn't roped them into this at all. Because if he did, they would have at least called me or talked to me about the situation and understood that they need to make things right and make this kid of theirs pay them back or something.

Seriously, what a piece of shit. I can't believe the credit card company would just reverse the payment like that months later. Why can't paypal step in and tell them it was a legit transaction that the buyer is now trying to reverse? Fucked up.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I have a $20 NewEgg Gift Card, selling it for $15. I've sold lots o stuff in this thread.

PM me if interested.

Basically this. I've shown him a preview of the site if it were to launch. So that's my only real leverage now (and the fact that I'll run it for years if necessary so future employers will see it when they do background checks). I'm just going to wait this out until the card arrives. Not sure if I will accept it or refuse the package. At this point I guess I just need to accept it and recognize that I've pretty much been hosed. The funny thing is he did the charge back last week and the only time any action occurred on his side was when I started posting on NeoGAF. So basically the public shaming has been all that has worked and it moved him to ship the card back. It'd be one thing if he offered to ship it back first - but no...he tried to do the charge back so he could get his money and keep the card too. That's what's the bummer. He would have ran off had I not tried to contact him and post on GAF about it.

He said I can sell it and get the money blah blah but I informed him of the depreciation, etc. and also the simple logic failure that if it's so easy to sell to get the money then why did he not do this?

It's just a real painful situation. Dude is young and made a dumb mistake and is screwing someone over. He's apologetic but then the next moment he's like "there's nothing you can do about it." My bro needs cash so I'm selling stuff for him on eBay but he won't get any of that money because my account is locked at -$450. I contacted PayPal and they said it will take at least 30 days for a verdict.

Just bums me out because at the time it was a great deal for all. $450 shipped for a like new GTX 680 when they were hard to find. Cost me $20 to ship because I sent it with insurance maxed and signature required. Today, if I sold it, I'd be lucky to get $400 shipped for it. Not to mention the time wasted in dealing with this. He states his parents have been involved but I am pretty sure he hasn't roped them into this at all. Because if he did, they would have at least called me or talked to me about the situation and understood that they need to make things right and make this kid of theirs pay them back or something.

Screw him, host both websites anyway. I don't care if it makes me sound vindictive, but he screwed you over in many, many ways. It's not just the money, but the time, effort, stress, and so forth that he has taken from you, none of which he has done anything to try and alleviate. Steal some time/make him use effort/give him some stress to let him know that what he did is not acceptable and his "there's nothing you can do about it attitude" will bite him in the ass. Be sure to emphasize on the websites that he essentially has stolen from you and is not trustworthy.

sk3tch

He is apparently reading this and asked me to tell you guys that he did offer to give me $44 from his account to "make up for it" - the only problem with that is I sold the card for $450 and I only offered him $350 for the card back. I don't need a GTX 680. I told him to sell it himself. I either want $450 back or $100 for the "rental." He's trying. I give him some credit.

Cheska

Honestly I would refuse the package and tell the kid tough luck. There has to be a way to get the hold off, especially when there is so much evidence that he is in the wrong.

He is apparently reading this and asked me to tell you guys that he did offer to give me $44 from his account to "make up for it" - the only problem with that is I sold the card for $450 and I only offered him $350 for the card back. I don't need a GTX 680. I told him to sell it himself. I either want $450 back or $100 for the "rental." He's trying. I give him some credit.

Yeah, $100 seems about right to me. I figure you can sell it on amazon for $400, minus shipping, and their fee. So $100 would pretty much cover your losses. Then I would give him credit for actually trying to make things right.

Also, if you are reading this, get rid of your credit card if you can't handle it without mommy and daddy watching how you spend your money.

PayPal will fuck him over if he does this I'm sure.

It's not paypal, he reversed the charge with his credit card company. Paypal has copies of his emails where he admits he only did it because his parents got pissed when they found out he spent that kind of money on a graphics card.

But, paypal doesn't seem to be able/willing to deal with the card company, so I don't know what else you could do other than take the card.

EDIT: Also, LOL at his last twitter post being him asking someone named Tim to get him un-banned on here.

Neverfade

Additional gooooodies!

EVGA GTX 470 graphics card: Shoot me an offer, I'll be pretty fair about this, need to move it. Just upgraded and have no where else to put it.

PSVita + First Edition Case + Hot Shots Golf + Virtua Tennis. 240?

Also, still looking to trade Borderlands 2 PS3 Loot Chest for a 360 Loot Chest. Alternatively (and preferably) we can just swap steelbooks inside to save on shipping.

iPhone 4 8GB. Well used, light scratching, nothing really noticeable during use. Rear camera quality is shot. Other than that, works like a charm. Wouldn't recommend to someone looking for a shiny new phone, but great tide-me-over til an upgrade or something. Make an offer, must go.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm selling my 2011 Mac Mini (latest model):

-Store-bought condition
-2.3ghz
-Upgraded ram to 4gb DDR3
-500gb HD
-New Apple keyboard included
-Razr Deathadder mouse added (love it!)

I'm asking $500 shipped. PM me if interested.

Also still selling my Vita as a package here, I'll list the details:

- 3G Vita system, fantastic shape, free At&t month of service/free game unredeemed
- 4gb memory card
- Everything included in the original box (AR cards, connectors)
- Touch My Katamari
- Little Deviants

I'm looking to get $200 shipped for everything, PM Me if you'd like it.

Have these games for sale, too:

Xenoblade PAL : $33
Zelda - Ocarina 3DS : $24
Dragon Quest V DS sealed: $24
Uncharted 2: $14

NoRéN

It's not paypal, he reversed the charge with his credit card company. Paypal has copies of his emails where he admits he only did it because his parents got pissed when they found out he spent that kind of money on a graphics card.

But, paypal doesn't seem to be able/willing to deal with the card company, so I don't know what else you could do other than take the card.

EDIT: Also, LOL at his last twitter post being him asking someone named Tim to get him un-banned on here.

True, but paypal then took the $450 from sketch's account. This should have been paypal dealing with the CC company. Put a hold on the man's account until this is settled. taking the money out, come on.

Point is I hope that site goes live.

Could any of this have been avoided had you used Amazon Payments? I know the big hook here was Paypal Gift was used. And since Amazon Payments has no such option, I was wondering if it still provided the same protection as normal Paypal.

sk3tch

Could any of this have been avoided had you used Amazon Payments? I know the big hook here was Paypal Gift was used. And since Amazon Payments has no such option, I was wondering if it still provided the same protection as normal Paypal.

I am not sure there. I would think that the fact that it's gift versus standard PayPal has something to do with it, but not sure if it's entirely at fault. PayPal seems to screw the seller first (as they should, most times) and then resolve it later (after 30-90 days). I've had this happen 1-2x before but it was eBay-related stuff (read: PayPal has their claws in everything so they can see all) and that was pretty quick.

Anyway, good news: it seems he is going to pay me $100 to solve this. Hopefully he does soon. Also, the card should show up on Thursday (although I will be traveling and can't sign for it). I hope that is all good. It'd be nice if it were in the condition I sold it (complete, in box, etc.) but we shall see. :)

I am thinking there will be a happy ending here. Hopeful!

tm24

Leaving Super Positive Feedback for TM24. He sold me a 460 GTX for a hell of a price and he shipped it out quick, and packed it great. Also, he was a pleasure to communicate with. Thanks again buddy. You are awesome.
Postive feedback for chaderbox77. Easy to communicate with, payed when he said he would and just a great guy

malfcn

I am not sure there. I would think that the fact that it's gift versus standard PayPal has something to do with it, but not sure if it's entirely at fault. PayPal seems to screw the seller first (as they should, most times) and then resolve it later (after 30-90 days). I've had this happen 1-2x before but it was eBay-related stuff (read: PayPal has their claws in everything so they can see all) and that was pretty quick.

Anyway, good news: it seems he is going to pay me $100 to solve this. Hopefully he does soon. Also, the card should show up on Thursday (although I will be traveling and can't sign for it). I hope that is all good. It'd be nice if it were in the condition I sold it (complete, in box, etc.) but we shall see. :)

I am thinking there will be a happy ending here. Hopeful!

What a slime ball.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/370318-33-which-graphics-card

I would like to buy a new video card for my system. I currently own a Radeon HD 3850 and it is time for an upgrade.

Here are the games I play nowadays:

Borderlands 2 (Will be playing this in a couple days.)
Guild Wars 2
Super MNC
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 3

I basically need a new graphics card that can at least handle Battlefield 3 with no problems at all. Suggestions?
Which graphics card performs better overall?

My situation is, I own a 680, but my brother wants to get rid of his 670, so I was thinking we could swap cards and he could sell the 680 elsewhere.

What do you guys think?

WTS

heres the picture for what i was offering earlier. It's a mint condition 3G PSvita with an 8 gig memory card and Metal Gear HD & Mortal Kombat for $250 OBO. I have good feedback and feel free to PM me with any questions. Paypal only.

x-posting from the KI thread, kinda

This is a total longshot, but I'm collecting Kid Icarus cards and I found out there was a special prerelease set with the black backs that I don't have. They say 2011 GameStop Conference Las Vegas, NV on the back, and there was one ebay seller selling them up until a couple weeks ago.

If anyone knows a gamestop manager who went to the conference last year and happened to pick up a set, please let me know...

AwRy108

Screw him, host both websites anyway. I don't care if it makes me sound vindictive, but he screwed you over in many, many ways. It's not just the money, but the time, effort, stress, and so forth that he has taken from you, none of which he has done anything to try and alleviate. Steal some time/make him use effort/give him some stress to let him know that what he did is not acceptable and his "there's nothing you can do about it attitude" will bite him in the ass. Be sure to emphasize on the websites that he essentially has stolen from you and is not trustworthy.

Being vindictive won't solve a thing--our nature to seek revenge only leads to further destruction. Two wrongs don't make a right.

EDIT: just saw malfcn's post. Man, that kid really needs to get off of the internet...

Yuripaw

Banned
Does anyone have any PSN $ codes for sale? usually i buy them off best buy if I wanna use paypal, but they're sold out. I'm looking to get at least $60 worth

NeOak

WTS:

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia: $20
Tetris Axis: $15
Metal Gear Solid 3D: $25
Starfox 64 3D: $25

Okamiden DS Stylus (sealed): $15

Skyrim CE Steam code: $40 (i have the physical CE but I'm not gonna play the game anyway)

Prices are shipped. I take paypal.

AwRy108

WTS:

3DS:
Kid Icarus Uprising bundle w/ stand & AR cards (like new, complete) - $25 shipped

PS2:
Devil May Cry 3 (original Black label, like new) - $8 shipped

PSP:
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Portable (like new) - $8 shipped

CD AUDIO:
The King of Fighters 4-disc "The King of Soundtracks" (discs are mint, slight wear on folio) - $10 SHIPPED

I accept PayPal or Amazon payment, and I'm NeoGAF Plus.

I welcome all reasonable offers, and ship shortly after payment is received.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wtb: iphone 4/4s. Looking to pay around $200(4)/$300-400(4s) shipped, depending on size and condition. US only. Pm me so we can talk price.

I have paypal and amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom