• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive Feedback for those listed below:

• lilralphie
  • ilnadmy
  • Lambtron
  • lolmark
  • Yes Boss!
  • battousai11

All of them have been great - fast payment, quick replies, etc.!

saelz8

How much do you guys think all of this would go for?

YETD4.jpg

JudgmentZefhyr

Neo Member
Anyone have a copy of the soundtrack for Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 for sale? It was a pre-order bonus for the game.

And looking for a 3DS XL.

Also, Positive feedback for da_stabbah, all games arrived fine and packaged well.

Anyone have a copy of the soundtrack for Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 for sale? It was a pre-order bonus for the game.

And looking for a 3DS XL.

Also, Positive feedback for da_stabbah, all games arrived fine and packaged well.

Positive feedback for JudgmentZefhyr, prompt payment and all that jazz, good guy to sell to

Payment is to be primarily handled either through Amazon Payments or PayPal.

Alternatively, I do take certain brands of gift card credit (ex. Amazon, Best Buy & Newegg) as a form of payment. In addition, trades consisting of products I wishlisted off Steam (Link) are viable as well.

How does one transfer a b.net account? You can't change the names on them I don't think.

Istaerion

How does one transfer a b.net account? You can't change the names on them I don't think.

That's correct, you cannot change the name registered on an account without going through some extreme hoops.

Despite this small fact, any and all access information can be changed to accommodate a transfer given the buyer is comfortable having the previous owner's name present in account details.

It's for this precise reason why I'm listing the account for such a low price as the game time attached alone exceeds the sale cost.

That's correct, you cannot change the name registered on an account without going through some extreme hoops.

Despite this small fact, any and all access information can be changed to accommodate a transfer given the buyer is comfortable having the previous owner's name present in account details.

It's for this precise reason why I'm listing the account for such a low price as the game time attached alone exceeds the sale cost.

I'm really not trying to thread crap, but you are aware that this is against Blizzard's terms of use that you accepted when you installed the game.

From the TOU http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of your Account.

And the reasoning behind this is that, (and believe me I'm not saying YOU would do it) all it takes is a call to Blizzard's customer service deparment to reclaim said account. What some individuals will do is "sell" their account, wait for the person who buys this account to build on gear/gold/experience, and then 6 months later "reclaim" the account to see all the free work that was done for them. Screws the buyer out of their money -AND- time.

I'd offer up advice to anyone buying an account, that the only person you would ever do this with would be someone you can and will see again in real life.

kodt

Banned
I'm really not trying to thread crap, but you are aware that this is against Blizzard's terms of use that you accepted when you installed the game.

And the reasoning behind this is that, (and believe me I'm not saying YOU would do it) all it takes is a call to Blizzard's customer service deparment to reclaim said account. What some individuals will do is "sell" their account, wait for the person who buys this account to build on gear/gold/experience, and then 6 months later "reclaim" the account to see all the free work that was done for them. Screws the buyer out of their money -AND- time.

I'd offer up advice to anyone buying an account, that the only person you would ever do this with would be someone you can and will see again in real life.

Agreed. Also, the account "could" be locked at any time as well if Blizz found out.

Istaerion

I'm aware that this action is against the Terms of Use, however, sales of this nature - on this very thread even - have been done before. Furthermore, a violation of the ToU is hardly a major offense considering something as simple as shared access between family and associates is grounds for termination as well.

As for your second bit of information: I am also aware of this fact, but I like to think that this community doesn't just assume everyone is out to make a quick buck through malicious transactions.

In the end, I believe it's up to the buyer to determine whether or not they find the risks worth the cost sellers are offering. If you don't agree with a particular transaction or listing, please be respectful enough to keep your opinion to yourself.

Agreed. Also, the account "could" be locked at any time as well if Blizz found out.

Blizzard would only be capable of discovering such information if the buyer made it a point to advertise his/her purchase on a public level. This, frankly, is a very poor reason to discourage a proper transaction between a buyer and seller.

mclaren777

This stand has a clever folding design and it has barely been used. Buy from me and save $50 over buying from Fanatec. Compatible with almost all Fanatec, Logitech, Thrustmaster, and Microsoft wheels. Includes original packaging.

Fanatec Website

ib0uz9MGTQIO8z.jpg

I'm aware that this is in fact against the ToS.

As for your second bit: I am aware of this fact as well, however, I would like to think that this community wouldn't just assume everyone is out to make a quick buck through the scamming of individuals.

In the end, it's up to the buyer to determine whether or not they find the risks worth the cost sellers are offering. If you don't agree with a particular transaction or listing, please be respectful enough to keep your opinion to yourself.

I too consider this a community and I clearly said I didn't suspect YOU would consider doing this, but then again I don't know you on any level, and you are a Junior Member. The reason I posted this, and I didn't do it just to be Mr. Police-on-the-forums man, was to make others aware of the risks associated with a purchase like this, because you didn't.

Blizzard would only be capable of discovering such information if the buyer made it a point to advertise his/her purchase on a public level. This, frankly, is a very poor reason to discourage a proper transaction between a buyer and seller.

If your account is compromised in any way, and you have to prove ownership, you can't because you aren't the name on the account. It's risky. People in this community unfamiliar with Blizzard's handling of Battle.net accounts and ownership deserve to know that. That's all I am saying. I'm not suggesting you stop trying to sell the item, but I wouldn't mind if a moderator considered banning these types of sales in the future.

Keep calm and carry on.

woodypop

In the end, it's up to the buyer to determine whether or not they find the risks worth the cost sellers are offering. If you don't agree with a particular transaction or listing, please be respectful enough to keep your opinion to yourself.
I believe he was respectful in his post and am glad he didn't keep it to himself.

The reason I posted this, and I didn't do it just to be Mr. Police-on-the-forums man, was to make others aware of the risks associated with a purchase like this, because you didn't.
I appreciated the info.

WTB:
Gameboy Advance sp OR Gameboy advance micro.
Nintendo DS Phat or Lite.

I don't know how much these things are worth, so please pm me and we can work something out.

Here's my story. I need to get my original Pokemon line up from my very first play through from a copy of yellow version to soul silver. As some of you know, this requires a certain hardware set. I have a 2x 3ds, a dsi and dsixl, but because they don't have GBA ports the process is convoluted. Any seggustions are welcome as well as tips. I just don't want Pokemon I spent the most hours on being lost to time and stuck on a cart, as weird as it sounds. It's part of my childhood.

Sora_N

WTB:

I don't know how much these things are worth, so please pm me and we can work something out.

Here's my story. I need to get my original Pokemon line up from my very first play through from a copy of yellow version to soul silver. As some of you know, this requires a certain hardware set. I have a 2x 3ds, a dsi and dsixl, but because they don't have GBA ports the process is convoluted. Any seggustions are welcome as well as tips. I just don't want Pokemon I spent the most hours on being lost to time and stuck on a cart, as weird as it sounds. It's part of my childhood.

Hmm how does that work out? I actually always wanted a GBA so I can play Yellow again myself. Don't know where my GBC went.

So I assume you're using GBA to transfer GBC pokemon over, then GBA to one of the DS games ?

Balb

WTB:

You can't transfer Pokemon from Yellow (or any other pre-GBA Pokemon game) to any of the GBA or DS games.

Istaerion

I too consider this a community and I clearly said I didn't suspect YOU would consider doing this, but then again I don't know you on any level, and you are a Junior Member. The reason I posted this, and I didn't do it just to be Mr. Police-on-the-forums man, was to make others aware of the risks associated with a purchase like this, because you didn't.

If your account is compromised in any way, and you have to prove ownership, you can't because you aren't the name on the account. It's risky. People in this community unfamiliar with Blizzard's handling of Battle.net accounts and ownership deserve to know that. That's all I am saying. I'm not suggesting you stop trying to sell the item, but I wouldn't mind if a moderator considered banning these types of sales in the future.

Keep calm and carry on.

While I understand that there are certain risks when purchasing from members of my particular status, I would like to point out that I've established a more than adequate sale history which includes two previous account transfers. You may not have directly accused me of such activity, but it was certainly implied I could very well be the sort of person that would cause such a situation.

Anyone in this thread can instigate a scam, and this fact has been demonstrated in the past few weeks. This is why I believe this situation is not something that needed to be pointed out under such scrutiny as everyone should be mindful of the fact that bad things can happen when involving the transfer of funds and goods.

As for my particular post, I did not list the risks as I acted under the assumption that anyone interested in the said account would have probably done their research and be aware of the possible issues. Nonetheless, I try to make it a point to mention the terms of the transaction when dealing with an interested party through private messages regardless of their prior knowledge or lack thereof. Should the buyer need information related to me or my services due to account issues after the fact, I am more than willing to work with them to make things right as I don't consider the transfer of funds & goods the final step of a transaction.

That said, I will agree that I could have been more forthcoming of information outright rather than operate by assumption, however, I do not appreciate having my listing discouraged due to mere suspicion.

thaOwner

For people in the know with my ongoing situation with Tank, The case was escalated on Wednesday. Paypal are just waiting for his response. I will advice anyone to halt any dealings with him because he's a fraud.

NoRéN

For people in the know with my ongoing situation with Tank, The case was escalated on Wednesday. Paypal are just waiting for his response. I will advice anyone to halt any dealings with him because he's a fraud.

Hopefully this turns out well in your favor. There is someone else in a similar situation, right?

Hmm how does that work out? I actually always wanted a GBA so I can play Yellow again myself. Don't know where my GBC went.

So I assume you're using GBA to transfer GBC pokemon over, then GBA to one of the DS games ?

That was the plan, but I am hearing that it is not possible.

You can't transfer Pokemon from Yellow (or any other pre-GBA Pokemon game) to any of the GBA or DS games.

Really? You can't go from GSRBY to RSE?

Well..thats lame. I have a copy of FireRed I could use to recreate these pokemon, but its just not the same.

I had two GBASP at one point, but they were both stolen. I got a lead on a DS phat and a DSlite so I guess I am just looking for a GBASP or Gameboy micro now.

So revised WTB:

GBA SP and/or GB Micro

I just picked up my third 360 and I really want to get my hands on a copy of Skyrim. If anyone is selling their copy or otherwise wants to get rid of it PM me.

fenners

NoRéN;42896048 said:
Positive Feedback for fenners.

Quick payment and quick communication.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Positive feedback for NoRéN - great to haggle with & rock solid communication.

Tattooth

To Sell: PAL Aqua Blue 3DS £90 OBO (I am not sure if that is too much, so open to offers)

Complete in box with charger, cradle, 2GB SD card and AR Cards. Comes with a Hori Soft Aqua Blue case. It is in the background of the pictures, but I can provide a better one if needed.

The 3DS is in really good condition, I have barely used it, and has been in a case for about 6 months.

Moonkeis

WTS/WTT:

• The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under Blu-ray (Sealed)
  • The Tigger Movie Blu-ray (Sealed)

$18 for each, or $28 for both. (Shipped pricing with tracking)

I accept Paypal or Amazon payments.

For those looking to trade, shoot me a PM or reply with what you have in mind.

3DS/DS Games
PS3: Sleeping Dogs
PC: Borderlands 2, Sleeping Dogs

Positive Feedback for Glennct, Metroid Prime 2 got here quickly and in great condition!

Also, is anyone selling Resident Evil 2 for Gamecube for $20? PM me!

Chris R

WTB

LA Noire - PS3 (used)
Resistance 3 - PS3 (used)
Let me know if you have either of these, looking to get each for under $10 shipped if possible...

Been 150 posts so I thought I'd try again one more time.

Up again with some price change. The GAF community so far has only been great to me.

Steam Keys

Borderlands 2 - $30

Sleeping Dogs - $21

Dark Souls - $28

PM me. Paypal or Amazon payment preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom