• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwRy108

WTB/WTT:

New Little King's Story (Vita, Asian/European version w/ English text).

I refuse to pay Konami $40 for the PSN version, and don't want to pay full price for a physical copy, either.

PM me if you want to sell/trade. Thanks!

I have one more copy of LittleBigPlanet Vita for $30 shipped in the US if anyone is interested. Had two from a buy-one-get-one-free sale but I want the digital version.

Chairhome

COMICS
I finally updated my comics list. Most are going to be like $1 an issue or less if you buy a bunch. Shipping will be calculated, but I'll try to ship either media mail or try to fit it into a flat rate box. Local sales in Orlando. I'm not trying to profit, I just need to get rid of some, so please make offers.

Mostly DC comics, but also have Buffy Season 8, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Men, and a few more. Please check out my list! thanks.

Risible

Positive feedback for TheWesker. Hooked a brother up with a Starcraft 2 code at a fair price, now I only need one more.

Got two copies of Assassin's Creed Revelations from the Toys R' Us sale. $12 each if anyone is interested (enough to cover tax and a little gas). I'll just PM the code.

COkce.png

icespide

Banned
Want to sell: kindle touch wifi with special offers + amazon kindle sleeve

just upgraded to a kindle paper white so I'm looking to sell my kindle touch to a new owner. wifi only with special offers. it's in great shape no scratches or marks on the screen. includes the grey amazon sleeve that's green on the inside.

$90 including shipping or best offer. PM me if interested. USA only please.

kindlegroup.jpg

kindlefront.jpg

kindleback.jpg

kindlecase.jpg

Guy's got a point - rushing to TRU and snapping up all the copies to sell at a 150% markup here on GAF is pretty scummy.

Yeah, I see GAF as a community.

You guys in here throw a fit when someone links to an offsite auction or re-lists something without waiting the requisite amount of posts. But conveniently ignore the other "rules" in the OP.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2012

3. No need to whine

Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade something. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, whether it is worth that amount of money will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling things they got for free, or making a big fuss out of perceived overcharging. It's a free market.

NoRéN

Guy's got a point - rushing to TRU and snapping up all the copies to sell at a 150% markup here on GAF is pretty scummy.

Guy's also selling a sealed Kid Icarus.

May not be that much of a markup but should we presume that it's from the Best Buy $15 sale and point it out?

Chris R

WTB

LA Noire - PS3 (used)

Let me know if you have this, looking to get it for under $10 shipped if possible...

edit: Add Resistance 3 as well. If you have both that would be perfect!

mdsfx

NoRéN;42823251 said:

May not be that much of a markup but should we presume that it's from the Best Buy $15 sale and point it out?

WHO CARES? So every time someone sells something we have a right to know how much they paid for it and where they bought it from?

People can list (almost) whatever they want for the price that they see fit. If it doesn't interest you, just MOVE ON

toneroni

yep - market value determines if an item will sell or not.
If someone happened to get a deal on it, good for them.

Anyway the bigger issue on BST GAF right now is - is Tank a scammer or no?

yep - market value determines if an item will sell or not.
If someone happened to get a deal on it, good for them.

Anyway the bigger issue on BST GAF right now is - is Tank a scammer or no?

Well, he bought stuff from me and I never had a problem with him. Also he has a few positive feedback.
If he gave the guy a tracking number and actually didn't realize he was messaged then I chalk it up to him just making a mistake.

SNIKT!

I've never sold anything in this thread, but I've bought a few items. I've got 100% positive feedback on ebay. Here's the link.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/boogeyman!

I'm thinking about selling the Borderlands 2 code that came with my 660ti. Didn't like the first one, although I have heard this one is better. Anyway, $35 OBO sounds about right. PM me and let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Selling: Eternal Darkness (Gamecube) in very good (not quite mint because of the manual being a bit wrinkled/bent), complete with case, manual, and disc (which works great, by the way) for $13 shipped or an iTunes or Amazon giftcard of a similar value (the 13-15 buck range).

It's a great game to play during the Halloween season!

I also will trade it for a copy of Wind Waker with or without its case.

I have very positive feedback in this thread and on CAG using the same screenname.

All I'll say about the matter is people who flip stuff here are kinda lame, and there seems to be a fair amount of it happening. For 5-10% of the posts in this thread (but most likely more), I could probably link to the CAG thread where the seller bought the item.

That being said, if people are willing to buy stuff that people are flipping, then whatever, I guess. I just don't really like the practice.

Corto

Just wanted to give highly positive feedback for Skel1ingt0n. Just bought Starcraft 2 from him quick and simple. Recommended +++

All I'll say about the matter is people who flip stuff here are kinda lame, and there seems to be a fair amount of it happening. For 5-10% of the posts in this thread (but most likely more), I could probably link to the CAG thread where the seller bought the item.

That being said, if people are willing to buy stuff that people are flipping, then whatever, I guess. I just don't really like the practice.

image.php

Alright. I've got a large Sega lot I'm looking to sell. It includes a Model 3 Genesis in the box. There is a 3rd Party JVC controller and a first party Sega controller. The power brick is included and there is a Madcatz RF video cable that has multiple cables for multiple devices like the NES as well. The next console is the Sega Saturn. The Power Cord and video cable are included. The entire CD, 32X, and Model 2 Hookup is also included. The only thing missing from that is the cable that connects the 32x to the Model 2. Also included are all of the games shown. The lid release on the Sega CD is sort of wonky but will latch after pushing down really hard. Everything works. Looking for $225 shipped via Paypal. Hit me up via PM.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-1-copy.jpg

photo-2-copy.jpg

photo-3-copy.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just wanted to give highly positive feedback for Skel1ingt0n. Just bought Starcraft 2 from him quick and simple. Recommended +++

Positive feedback for Skel1ingt0n from me too.
Paypaled him and got my SC2 key promptly.

Thanks, guys!

Positive feedback for both SquiddyBiscuit and Corto, too! Prompt payment and great communication.

Tess3ract

Banned
Link to lenovo's page:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD015362

i7-2630QM(2GHz) (turbo goes to 2.9GHz, quad core with hyperthreading)
4GB RAM (ddr3, 9-9-9-24)
320GB 7200rpm HD
15.6in 1600x900 LCD
2GB Nvidia Quadro 1000M
CDRW/DVDRW
Intel 802.11agn
WWAN option
Bluetooth
Modem
1Gb Ethernet
UltraNav
Secure Chip
FPR
Camera
9c Li-Ion
Win7 Home Premium 32 I installed win 7 ultimate 64bit on it.

No complaints. Has a workstation graphics card, and also has an intel HD3000 integrated in the cpu if you want to go the "use as little battery life as possible"

On high performance just dicking around I get like 3 hours. On battery life settings using the "optimus" thing in the BIOS you can get like 6 hours but I didn't like that very much. I think it's because it's got a fatass battery thing on it. It's also got a :siren: fingerprint scanner :siren:

$900 OBO shipped (unless you live internationally then I don't know, I hear that's expensive.)

Also willing to trade or bump the price down if you've got a recent CPU or GPU you wanna toss my way (since I'll likely put it towards a new cpu/gpu thing anyways)

if1yCTEo2FYco.jpg

iOZyDv8wNHZha.jpg

iFfGvIkwbBYZK.jpg

AwRy108

NoRéN;42823251 said:

Ah, well done on using the search function. You can presume whatever you want, but that doesn't make it right. In fact, I bought that Kid Icarus brand new at Best Buy, and am selling it b/c trying to play it on the 3DS XL sucks.

I wasn't whining, applying guilt, or even making "a big fuss" in either of my posts--I was just asking the sellers a question, which neither of them answered. Next time I'll just PM them.

I'll edit my posts so nobody else gets their panties in a bunch; and sorry if I offended anyone else in the thread.

I agree with this, but I'll do a better job next time of ignoring the issue when I see it.

Glennct

Positive Feedback for xaosslug Bought a few games from me and is an awesome person to deal with!

Positive Feedback for Balb Paid quick and comunicates very well!

Positive Feedback for PhoenixSFT Paid quick and bought a great game from me!

Thanks for all of you guys!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Hey Guys,

All the drama that's going on, please smash it.
Lets get back to what we do best here. I am sure people are aware of the hustling people are doing, I would hope. If they do not I appreciate the people who stick their necks out and point out the "hustling" or some people say "scamming". 1 time is all that is needed in the thread. I too have accepted this as a community and would love if people kept their eBay shenanigans out of here. So on that note, everyone stay on task and lets be civil here :)

AwRy108

Hey Guys,

All the drama that's going on, please smash it.
Lets get back to what we do best here. I am sure people are aware of the hustling people are doing, I would hope. If they do not I appreciate the people who stick their necks out and point out the "hustling" or some people say "scamming". 1 time is all that is needed in the thread. I too have accepted this as a community and would love if people kept their eBay shenanigans out of here. So on that note, everyone stay on task and lets be civil here :)

Considering the number of people in this thread who are against any obvious "hustling" or "scamming" in order to foster the feeling of community, maybe the "Basic Ground Rules" in the OP need to be updated in a manner that discourages said behavior? Just a thought.

TriAceJP

Pretty boring feedback update, although Skel1ingt0n did hit Plus (congrats!).

I still need more info about this Tank situation so I can feedback accordingly.

mdsfx

Considering the number of people in this thread who are against any obvious "hustling" or "scamming" in order to foster the feeling of community, maybe the "Basic Ground Rules" in the OP need to be updated in a manner that discourages said behavior? Just a thought.

This stuff shouldn't even be pointed out. There's no way to even enforce it. Let people sell what they want for whatever price they choose. Either BUY or IGNORE. It's an easy choice.

vgachi57

If rules were created to discourage price gouging, the backlash would be even more immense than the "150 post limit" because everyone has their own opinion on how much something is worth.

In the spirit of free market, let people charge whatever they want. If you're not interested, move on. If you know of a current deal through a reputable seller (not ebay or personal links, but amazon, newegg, etc) that could benefit the community, then I say we can share those. Take for instance, the recent Best Buy Kid Icarus $15 deal. I happened to miss it. So when someone posted it for $20+ (which may or may not have been from that deal), I jumped at it because to me, that was still a good deal. If you didn't think so, then you ignored that post. Simple enough. No point to jump on someone who is selling NSMB2 for $500. Unless that person specifically asked for advice on pricing, if they want to sell it for that much, let them go ahead. Maybe someone will buy it.

I understand people who complain just want to help the rest of the community from being swindled, but being antagonistic is not helpful either.

NoRéN

WHO CARES? So every time someone sells something we have a right to know how much they paid for it and where they bought it from?

People can list (almost) whatever they want for the price that they see fit. If it doesn't interest you, just MOVE ON

EXACTLY. My point was why sit and point out all that. People can buy something at a price or not, up to them.
Ah, well done on using the search function. You can presume whatever you want, but that doesn't make it right. In fact, I bought that Kid Icarus brand new at Best Buy, and am selling it b/c trying to play it on the 3DS XL sucks.

I wasn't whining, applying guilt, or even making "a big fuss" in either of my posts--I was just asking the sellers a question, which neither of them answered. Next time I'll just PM them.

I'll edit my posts so nobody else gets their panties in a bunch; and sorry if I offended anyone else in the thread.
Exactly. If someone's trying to make a profit, good for them. Don't like it, don't give them your money.

rbanke

PC
Borderlands 2 Steam key (includes the vault hunter edition bonus content) $35

PS2
Killzone
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus (Greatest Hits)
Metal Gear Solid The Essential Collection

Xbox
Simpsons Road Rage

Asura's Wrath
Saints Row Double Pack