• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTB

Any of the Mario & Luigi games for DS
Chrono Trigger DS
The World Ends With You
Any of the DS Final Fantasy games

As you can see, I'm in the mood for some DS RPGs. :)

beanman25

Want to buy GBA games. Just bought a GB Micro and would like to restock my library.

RPGs preferred, but I'll buy anything.

I've got Mother 3, FFIV, and Sword of Mana for RPGs.

I just realized you can buy ms points on amazon in 400 point increments. If anyone is in the market for the WWE 13 online pass pm me. Ill part with it for 400 ms points. Ill even throw in mike Tyson DLC code.

WTB:

Playstation Vita Sleeve - I have a big sturdy case which is great for holding games and when I go somewhere for a while but not so great when I'm just running around. I'm looking for one of the sleeves that came with the early vitas and are part of the official starter kit. If you're not using it let me know.

SMT: Devil Summoner case and manual. I have a loose copy of the game, but no case or manual. If by some odd chance you happen to have those sans game, I am interested in picking them up.

SMT: Devil Summoner 2 - With plushie. One of the few games I need to finish off my SMT collection.

SMT: Persona 2 PSP collector's edition. - I have the digital version, but I'd like to have the UMD or at least all the stuff that came with it. Not a very high priority but if you are looking to get rid of yours I'll bite for the right price.

Steam games:
Dishonored
Far Cry
Metro 2033
Kingdoms of Amalur

AZ Greg

Unopened/Brand new Kinect for 360 (Includes Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja, and Gun Stringer) - $77 Shipped
Downloadable token for full Skyrim (360) - $23
Street Fighter X Tekken (360) - $15 Shipped

PM if interested. Looking for Amazon payment.

Snaku

Banned
Vkk2X.png

Prices reduced, and feel free to make your best offer. Gotta get rid of some of this stuff before the Spring semester.

Nintendo Entertainment System Model NES-101 Bundle $270 shipped

System and games in fantastic working condition. Absolutely not willing to break bundle up.

Includes AC adaptor, RF plug, 1 official controller new in bag, and the following games:
The Adventure of Link
Friday the 13th
Punchout!
StarTropics
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Commando
Batman
Dragon Warrior
Rescue
Terminator 2
Paperboy 2
Godzilla
Kirby's Adventure
Castlevania
RoboCop
Section Z
Nintendo World Cup
Pro Wrestling
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game

Nickelodeon TMNT Action Figure Lot $70 shipped

Includes:
SDCC Exclusive Night Shadow Leonardo (pictured above) New & Sealed
Michelangelo Mint on Card
Raphael Mint on Card
Donatello Mint on Card
Shredder Mint on Card

One Piece World Collectable Figure Lot $199 shipped

Each figure comes with original box, and is in like new condition. Very rare out of print figures. Absolutely not willing to break the lot up.

All Masters of the Universe and Godzilla figure Buy Two Get One! Or $100 shipped for the whole lot.

2004 Mattel Exclusive She-ra (mint in box) $30 shipped
Masters of the Universe Classics Optik (mint on card) $27 shipped
Masters of the Universe Teela (mint on card) $28 shipped
Masters of the Universe Mer-Man (mint on card) $27 shipped
Masters of the Universe Skeletor 1st edition (mint on card) $30 shipped
CCP Hedo-Goji (like new) $30 shipped
CCP Jirass (like new) $30 shipped
Unless noted all games are original releases, non-player's choice/greatest/platinum hits.

All games Buy Two Get One!

PS3
Resident Evil 6 (Mint, Like New) $29 shipped
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Mint, Like New) $17 shipped

PS2
Final Fantasy XII (Mint, Like New) $8 shipped
Transformers (New & Sealed) $9 shipped
God of War II (Mint, Like New) $8 shipped

Xbox
Genma Onimusha (Mint, Never Played) $8 shipped

Gamecube
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Mint, Like New) $8 shipped
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Mint, Never Played) $8 shipped
Resident Evil Player's Choice (Mint, Like New) $8 shipped
Ultimate Spider-Man (Mint, Like New) $8 shipped

I'm super OCD about my gaming collection, rest assured everything I've listed is in fantastic if not pristine condition.

Amazon Payments only. Domestic buyers only. Willing to offer discounts if buying multiple items. Plus status yay!

Sora_N

I'm shipping from Canada, so shipping prices reflect this.

Have:
Red Dead Redemption GOTY PS3 (Sealed) $25 shipped to US/Canada
Fate/Extra PSP JP Version (Sealed) $17 shipped to US/Canada
Zelda Skyward Sword Steelbook (not mint, arrived damaged to me but never used) $15 shipped
Call of Duty MW Collection Steelbook (Great condition, never used) $12 shipped
Punch Out Wii (not Player's Choice) $20 shipped

Megaman X (Armored) and Zero (V2) D-Arts Action Figures both complete with box and in great shape. $50 shipped each.

Also my collection of One Piece action figures.

SH Figuarts Luffy $30 shipped
SH Figuarts Ace $30 shipped
SH Figuarts Nami $30 shipped
SH Figuarts Sanji $30 shipped
SH Figuarts Zero Chopper $20 shipped
SH Figuarts Zero Boa Hancock (First Ver) $30 shipped
SH Figuarts Zero Perona (New World) $45 shipped

Want:
PayPal

Feedback is: NeoGAF Plus [+++] so please buy with confidence!

Question for y'all on trade etiquette/behavior. This scenario does not directly relate to a trade on this forum, but I think it's still relevant to trades that can come up here...

Person A regularly posts on a video game forum discussing video game pickups. They mention a recent garage sale where they saw video game items, however the system and price did not interest them. Multiple people respond that they would have purchased the items. 10 days or so pass. Person B contacts person A about said items. Person B offers person A a "finders fee" if they will go back to pick up the items. Person A declines the finders fee, but the two work out a deal to cover the price, shipping, and a trade of a few good SNES games for Person A's time/effort. Person A was not planning to return to the garage sale apart from this transaction. Neither person knows each other apart from online PMs.

Person A picks up the video games. They call person B and tell them, and the terms of the deal are verified orally. Person B sends person A the requested amount via Paypal. The SNES games are not yet mailed, as it is a weekend. Person A proceeds to post pictures of the pickup within the same forum. Person A is flooded with offers for the items, which are indeed quite valuable (much more than was paid at the garage sale).

The dilemma: What is Person A's responsibility? Is it still an open market as Person A has not yet relinquished the games (e.g. refund the paypal)? Are the games "spoken for" and Person A should ignore the better offers? Should Person A ask more from Person B but still give them the ability to buy over others?

Curious to hear responses.

Blastoise

Banned
$10 off Assassin' Creed III for PS3 or XBOX (Amazon Only)
3 Months of PSN Plus (US Credit card holders only)

Asking $15 (Paypal or Amazon credit.)

vgachi57

Question for y'all on trade etiquette/behavior. This scenario does not directly relate to a trade on this forum, but I think it's still relevant to trades that can come up here...

Person A regularly posts on a video game forum discussing video game pickups. They mention a recent garage sale where they saw video game items, however the system and price did not interest them. Multiple people respond that they would have purchased the items. 10 days or so pass. Person B contacts person A about said items. Person A offers person B a "finders fee" if they will go back to pick up the items. Person A declines the finders fee, but the two work out a deal to cover the price, shipping, and a trade of a few good SNES games for Person A's time/effort. Person A was not planning to return to the garage sale apart from this transaction. Neither person knows each other apart from online PMs.

Person A picks up the video games. They call person B and tell them, and the terms of the deal are verified orally. Person B sends person A the requested amount via Paypal. The SNES games are not yet mailed, as it is a weekend. Person A proceeds to post pictures of the pickup within the same forum. Person A is flooded with offers for the items, which are indeed quite valuable (much more than was paid at the garage sale).

The dilemma: What is Person A's responsibility? Is it still an open market as Person A has not yet relinquished the games (e.g. refund the paypal)? Are the games "spoken for" and Person A should ignore the better offers? Should Person A ask more from Person B but still give them the ability to buy over others?

sounds like person A already made an agreement to person B and received payment regardless of the realization that said games are valued higher. simple as that.

if person A had offered to go see if the games were still available and then price it accordingly, then money would not have switched hands yet and there'd be some grey area. still a jerk-move to raise the price at that point but even worse to refund the money already received just to sell it to a higher bidder.

i don't know the value of said games (could be a sealed mint copy of earthbound), but if we're talking ethics, the right thing to do is to honor the original agreement and person A should consider it lesson learned for either not researching earlier or just a plain ol' good deed for a fellow gamer.

Looking to sell a variety of things. All prices include shipping in the US, and all items are mint and complete unless otherwise noted.

DS:
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns - $15

3DS:
Kid Icarus - $20

Gamecube:
Zelda Ocarina of Time (Decent shape, marks on the case and disc but plays fine) - $15

The following are $5 each, but to not lose out too much on shipping they need to be purchased with something else.
PS2 Shadow of the Colossus (Black label)

Good evening fellow gaffers!

I have a strange request that I doubt many people will be able to find, but it is and has been my white whale when it comes to adding games to my personal collection.

I am in search of a boxed copy of the original Neverwinter Nights for the PC from the days of AOL.

Neverwinter_Nights_%281991%29_Coverart.png

I have searched Ebay and the internet but to no avail. I would appreciate any tips as to if someone perhaps had a copy on hand or knew of where I could procure one. I am wishing to purchase it.

Thanks!

NoRéN

Person A regularly posts on a video game forum discussing video game pickups. They mention a recent garage sale where they saw video game items, however the system and price did not interest them. Multiple people respond that they would have purchased the items. 10 days or so pass. Person B contacts person A about said items. Person B offers person A a "finders fee" if they will go back to pick up the items. Person A declines the finders fee, but the two work out a deal to cover the price, shipping, and a trade of a few good SNES games for Person A's time/effort. Person A was not planning to return to the garage sale apart from this transaction. Neither person knows each other apart from online PMs.

if person A wants to be a decent, responsible person, they should honor their agreement.

If they like money more than being a decent person, they'll sell at a higher price. They should refund Person Bs money.

Le_Darck

Banned
WTB!

Anyone got two USB or wireless microphones for xbox 360 laying around somewhere? The Karaoke app just got out today and I would like to play with real mics with the family instead of the headsets.

Kind of weird on MS part to release a Karaoke game while there's no microphones being sold anywhere. I'm in Canada.

Thanks!

goldenpp72

This scenario is a bit interesting but unusual to me. If I made a trade already i'd not go through the hassle of putting the stuff up, so to me it comes off as some kind of stipulation may have been in place prior. If not, the honorable thing to do would be to go through with the deal, but as long as the person refunded the other, they wouldn't really be so much wrong as much as they would be kind of short sighted and dickish maybe. Reading the post above, if someone told me I could be making 800 instead of 80, i'd probably consider canceling the deal myself, but I educate myself before selling anything too. That kind of money is enough to cover a mortgage payment or something. I'm sure some white knights here would of course claim to piss away almost 1k for someone they have never met and never will, especially when it's for videogames and not charity :p

NoRéN;45339391 said:
You're person A, aren't you?

I'm Person B, unfortunately.

I should clarify that the telephone call was well before posting. "I know you're getting a good deal, but it's cool because I'm getting some great SNES games too." The paypal payment was made shortly after the posting (immediately after Person A provided their paypal address).

I think the purpose of the posting was to show others who had said that they would have bought it that person A did eventually go back. However, it opened the floodgates.

I can give an update on how things go, but glad to hear more opinions.

TriAceJP

Yo guys my desktop is down and I probably won't get around to fixing it until tomorrow night at the earliest.

I will update the feedback once that is all set and done. If any of the extra editing staff is around feel free to do a little catch-up for me in the mean time ;)

WTB!

Anyone got two USB or wireless microphones for xbox 360 laying around somewhere? The Karaoke app just got out today and I would like to play with real mics with the family instead of the headsets.

Kind of weird on MS part to release a Karaoke game while there's no microphones being sold anywhere. I'm in Canada.

Thanks!

Didn't MadCatz release stand-alone mics during the peak of the Rock Band craze? I'd go for one of those instead since they have the Xbox controller's buttons on them too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom