• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

I'm Person B, unfortunately.

I should clarify that the telephone call was well before posting. "I know you're getting a good deal, but it's cool because I'm getting some great SNES games too." The paypal payment was made shortly after the posting (immediately after Person A provided their paypal address).

I think the purpose of the posting was to show others who had said that they would have bought it that person A did eventually go back. However, it opened the floodgates.

I can give an update on how things go, but glad to hear more opinions.

Sucks to hear that. Did this happen here in this thread?

I'm not about to act all high and mighty and say that I would pass up the opportunity to earn 10x the amount I was originally going to make. However, it's a shitty move.

So, the dude told you he wants more money now?

IrishNinja

yeah, they should honor the deal, but if you're fully refunded when the guy realizes he can easily get ten times as much, i don't think i could stay mad at that, especially around the holidays.

NoRéN;45341471 said:
Sucks to hear that. Did this happen here in this thread?

Nope not here... He sent me the money back.

Just a huge headache - everything would have stayed buried if I didn't ask him to go back.

Reclaimer

Really need an EZ Flash IV!

If someone has one for sale or knows where I can buy one please PM me!

Thanks! :)

Got mine on eBay a couple months ago for around $60. They still pop up there every now and then for $50-150 depending on the crazy fluctuation in demand for em. Works great!

Edit: also check Craigslist. I've seen them pop up there too.

mannerbot

Photo album, tagged with my eBay name: http://imgur.com/a/67IUn
Prices include shipping in the US.

Dreamcast:
Rez (Import) - Excellent condition. - $45
Bangai-O (US) - Excellent condition. - $30
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (US) - Excellent condition. - $25
Console - Great condition, plays imports without bootdisc.
Naki VGA Box - Excellent condition. - $45
Innovation PS2/Saturn to DC Adapter - Excellent condition, supports both PS2 -> DC and Saturn -> DC as well as a VMU. - $45

Saturn:
Batsugun (Import) - Excellent condition with spine and reg cards. - $90
Strikers 1945 (Import) - Excellent condition. - $40
Darius Gaiden (Import) - Excellent condition. - $25
Layer Section (Import) - Excellent condition. - $25

N64:
Sin and Punishment (Import) - Great condition. - $50
Jet Force Gemini (US) - Excellent condition, shrinkwrap still intact except for small slit to open game.

GameCube:
Metroid Prime (US) - Brand New. - $20

NDS:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin with Sealed Pre-order Bonuses (US) - Game in excellent condition, pre-order bonuses (soundtrack CD, a 48-page art book with slipcover, Castlevania branded stylus and DS game card case) brand new. - $60

PS2:
Disgaea (US) - Brand new. - $15

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles (US) - Brand new. - $20
Demon's Souls (US) - Brand new. - $20

Xbox:
Gunvalkyrie (US) - Great condition. - $10
Phantom Dust (US) - Brand new, but shrinkwrap in bad shape. - $10
Panzer Dragoon Orta (US) - Excellent condition. - $10

Genesis:
Lightening Force (US) - Good condition, cartridge only, has stickers on it.
Steel Empire (US) - Good condition, cartridge only.

Super Famicom:
Area 88 (Import) - Good condition, cartridge only.

Books:
Bayonetta Limited Edition Guide by Future Press (English) - Brand new. - $175
The Art of Yasushi Suzuki - Brand new.

Other:
Transformers Toys R US Commemorative Edition Soundwave - Brand new. - $75

The smaller items will be cheaper if bought with other items, as shipping may then be combined. For the items that don't have a price listed, I'm either expecting not much interest or have no idea what to list it at so send me an offer.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the items (Obi strips, more pictures, etc.). For references, I have the same handle with lots of positive feedback on shmups forum, Neo-Geo forums, and 100% positive feedback on eBay as well. PayPal gift preferred, PM if interested. Willing to ship worldwide.

EGM92

Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver GAF I need a HUGE favor!

If you live near or go by a store called 'MemoryExpress' and are willing to purchase something within the store and ship it to Ontario please contact me via PM.

Calgary GAF I need a HUGE favor!

If you live near or go by a store called 'MemoryExpress' and are willing to purchase something within the store and ship it to Ontario please contact me via PM.

I think they have locations in Winnipeg and Edmonton too, unless you're looking at a specific item that is only at a specific store.

C-Drive

Still a junior member, but I can point you in the direction of my ebay account via PM if anyone needs it. I've also done a few trades on reddit under this same username so that can be checked as well. I'm kind of sick of the way ebay rips you apart in fees anymore, so I'd rather just sell the items at a decent price direct to actual people.

Skylanders Giants Starter Set (Xbox 360) - $55.00 shipped
I purchased the Wii U version of this to play instead. So, what you'll receive is the three figures from a Wii U starter (brand new and unused), with the rest of the kit being the 360 portal and game, both in great condition. Figures work fine across consoles. Also, the portal is the 360 version of the Wal-Mart "glow in the dark" portal, but I really don't see a difference myself.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Wii U) - $45.00 shipped
Sealed and new.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360) - $25.00 shipped
Sealed and new.

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) - $32.00 shipped
Sealed and new.

I prefer PayPal via Gift option and will only ship within the U.S. Just shoot me a PM if something interests you or you'd like to make an offer.

EGM92

I think they have locations in Winnipeg and Edmonton too, unless you're looking at a specific item that is only at a specific store.

oh so they do! The website has never properly loaded the store locater before. I'm looking to get a processor price matched and then beaten by 25%.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Still have a Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Vita download code, which I'll happily exchange for a $15 amazon gift card :)

Dunan

Calling all JRPG (particularly Square Enix) strategy guide lovers!

(Edit: See post #13456 -- either the next page, or the one after that -- for an updated list with a ton of photos. Don't want to clutter up two pages with these heavy images!)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Nope not here... He sent me the money back.

Just a huge headache - everything would have stayed buried if I didn't ask him to go back.

Well at least he gave you the money back. It sucks but I believe it's within his right to refund your money and sell to a higher bidder, since it was just an oral agreement. I could be wrong obviously (I'm not a lawyer or anything), but it would seem to me that it's within his right to cancel the transaction.

I'm Person B, unfortunately.

I should clarify that the telephone call was well before posting. "I know you're getting a good deal, but it's cool because I'm getting some great SNES games too." The paypal payment was made shortly after the posting (immediately after Person A provided their paypal address).

I think the purpose of the posting was to show others who had said that they would have bought it that person A did eventually go back. However, it opened the floodgates.

I can give an update on how things go, but glad to hear more opinions.

I had a similar experience: PM'ed a dude about an item , we agreed on a price and I was about to pay him but he found it was worth more and then he decided to change his price and when I asked him if I could trade for it, the amount he wanted was far more than what he wanted. It went from $35 to $90, and he wanted to trade it for $150 worth of stuff.

Ridiculous

Well at least he gave you the money back. It sucks but I believe it's within his right to refund your money and sell to a higher bidder, since it was just an oral agreement. I could be wrong obviously (I'm not a lawyer or anything), but it would seem to me that it's within his right to cancel the transaction.

If you put yourself in Person A's shoes maybe he thought that Person B was ripping him off.

The fact that Person B sent the money ASAP might have had something to do with it.

plc268

If you put yourself in Person A's shoes maybe he thought that Person B was ripping him off.

The fact that Person B sent the money ASAP might have had something to do with it.

Person A could've done his homework before agreeing to and receiving payment.

I was recently in person a's shoes. I had recently sold a bunch of blurays on another forum, with a set price of 3 for $20. I happened to have one of the Bond movies that's apparently rare (never say never again... look it up on amazon), and it was one of the first one's requested.

I only looked it up after having multiple inquiries about it, and still haven't shipped it. But, I still shipped it anyway, and the buyer got a hell of a deal. More money would've been nice, but since we agreed to that original deal, I felt obligated to stick to the terms.

knee

Question for y'all on trade etiquette/behavior. This scenario does not directly relate to a trade on this forum, but I think it's still relevant to trades that can come up here...

Person A regularly posts on a video game forum discussing video game pickups. They mention a recent garage sale where they saw video game items, however the system and price did not interest them. Multiple people respond that they would have purchased the items. 10 days or so pass. Person B contacts person A about said items. Person B offers person A a "finders fee" if they will go back to pick up the items. Person A declines the finders fee, but the two work out a deal to cover the price, shipping, and a trade of a few good SNES games for Person A's time/effort. Person A was not planning to return to the garage sale apart from this transaction. Neither person knows each other apart from online PMs.

Person A picks up the video games. They call person B and tell them, and the terms of the deal are verified orally. Person B sends person A the requested amount via Paypal. The SNES games are not yet mailed, as it is a weekend. Person A proceeds to post pictures of the pickup within the same forum. Person A is flooded with offers for the items, which are indeed quite valuable (much more than was paid at the garage sale).

The dilemma: What is Person A's responsibility? Is it still an open market as Person A has not yet relinquished the games (e.g. refund the paypal)? Are the games "spoken for" and Person A should ignore the better offers? Should Person A ask more from Person B but still give them the ability to buy over others?

Curious to hear responses.

Meanwhile, people don't give two shits about Person Z, the original owner at the garage sale. It's toooooootally okay to pull the wool over that guy's eyes, haha.

There's a gentlemanly way to rescind a deal. As long as someone doesn't suddenly decide to maintain radio silence, I don't see any problems with any price adjustments after receiving new information.

Even if there's a deal in place, the person receiving probably knows what they're getting for the price and was trying to slide in under market value. Can't win 'em all.

Selling Borderlands 2 (Steam Gift - ROW) ---> $25 Paypal

I've sold here before and have some gaffers who can vouch for me.
Feel free to add me on Steam for a quick business.

Still have a PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (VITA) downloadable code for sale:

$15 with 1 month of PlayStation Plus. I'm assuming the code is for US residents only.

PayPal gift payment if possible. PM me. :)

Sold!

I think the quirk here is that Person A is the middle man. He wouldn't have the games if Person B hadn't asked him to go back. If they were his from the start, then I feel like it's a different story...

goldenpp72

I think the quirk here is that Person A is the middle man. He wouldn't have the games if Person B hadn't asked him to go back. If they were his from the start, then I feel like it's a different story...

Unfortunately, I see both your side and person As side, and it's one of those things where I feel bad for ya, but also understand why he did that. People shouldn't be so ignorant to what their selling, when I have garage sales, the stuff I sell is competitively priced with what it would be worth on ebay, so while I might not push it all out, I don't get totally ripped off. I don't feel bad for the ignorant, but it sucks to lose out on a good deal while the guy who wasn't wise to it made out like a bandit.

NoRéN

Unfortunately, I see both your side and person As side, and it's one of those things where I feel bad for ya, but also understand why he did that. People shouldn't be so ignorant to what their selling, when I have garage sales, the stuff I sell is competitively priced with what it would be worth on ebay, so while I might not push it all out, I don't get totally ripped off. I don't feel bad for the ignorant, but it sucks to lose out on a good deal while the guy who wasn't wise to it made out like a bandit.

I agree. I would also add that although it does suck that person B decided to go for more money after payment had been received, if person A wanted to be a good person they would have paid a little more. Person A never mentioned the item's worth and it seems that this was on purpose to keep the price of the item low.

The tricky part here is that payment was sent.

NoRéN;45359700 said:
I agree. I would also add that although it does suck that person B decided to go for more money after payment had been received, if person A wanted to be a good person they would have paid a little more. Person A never mentioned the item's worth and it seems that this was on purpose to keep the price of the item low.

The burden of finding out how much an item costs isn't on the buyer though; it's on the seller. If a seller quotes a price, the buyer assumes that they've done their research.

NoRéN;45359700 said:

Person B (me, the buyer) initially offered more money as a finder fee, but Person A declined. A messy situation.

NoRéN

Person B (me, the buyer) initially offered more money as a finder fee, but Person A declined. A messy situation.

I see. Yeah, it seems weird. Maybe the person felt like you were trying to cheat them after they found out the item's true worth.

Ultimately, it sucks but at least you got your money back.

Arla

ALL GAMES COME WITH ORIGINAL BOX/MANUAL. PRICES ARE SHIPPED. PICS UPON REQUEST. PAYPAL ONLY. USA ONLY

Nintendo 3DS (Flame Red) Used/Good - $90 SHIPPED!: It's heavily used but everything works. I sent it twice to Nintendo to get it repaired and unfortunately when I got it back it the last time the system started self-scratching. I was gonna send it again but they stopped covering the self-scratching issue online. I could've called and made a fuss but I never did. The biggest issues with the system is a 1cm scratch on the touch screen you can feel when using the stylus, the self scratching and a few small scratches on the corner of the system. The actual system/OS/touchscreen and all that work perfectly. It comes with all the original packaging and items (AR cards, cradle, etc) except the the original stylus. I bought a pack of replacement so the one I'd send you isn't an original but it still telescopes. I've already formatted the 3DS.

Pending sale on Craigslist. You missed out Gaffers.

DS
From the Abyss - New/Sealed - Make me an offer or trade.

Knights in the Nightmare - Used/Good - $30 or trade - It comes with Symphony of Souls per-order CD.

GBA:
Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone - Used/Good - $25 or trade

Other:
Logitech: Dual Action Gamepad - Used/Good - $15 or trade - The wires are slightly coming out at the top but everything works perfectly and the controller itself is great condition. I rarely used it since no game I owned supported the damn thing.

Capcom Visual Book 2009 - Used/Good - $20 or trade - Prints of promotional art from Lost Planet 2, Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles, Okamiden, Sengoku Basara 3, Last Ranker, Megaman EX, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Monster Hunter Tri. PM for pictures. It's not really "used" as much as it is opened and been sitting on my shelf for close to two years.

Club Nintendo The Legend of Zelda Posters - Used/Good - Make an offer or trade - Selling two Skyward Sword posters that came with the 25th anniversary set and the Wind Waker poster that came with the original set.

Want (via trade only)
Fable II (Platinum Hits ver. only), TheatRhythm: Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Fire Emblem (GBA), XBL Gold Subscriptions, Microsoft Points.
Feel free to make me an offer for a game on any of the following systems. (Wii, DS/3DS, PS2/PS3, Xbox 360)

Playstation Vita for Sale

20121211_182947.jpg

Includes-
Vita with 3G (MINT) (3G trial codes unused, AR cards unused)
Little Big Planet Vita (case has a few marks on it, left it on the ground and the doggie found it. Game hasn't left the system though. Pictured.)
8gb Memory Card
Unlock code for Digital Copy of Uncharted
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale online pass (use to get vita copy)
Carry Case
Box, Cords, Etc.

Want: $200 or best (similar) offer. Need to sell, so I will put on ebay if I don't get any interest today. Thanks!

~~Gaf Gold Seller~~

I'm [++++++]

Includes Shipping within US.

Virtual Boy $120

Creative Zen Vision M 30GB $50
Battery life is good. Comes with a few thousand songs. Screen is scratch free, body has minor nicks in the side seam.

Super Mario Collection (Mario All-Stars) Super Famicom version *saves still on cart* $15

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo $15
Light scratches on disc.

WTB:
PS2 - Persona 3 Limited Edition (or box & contents)
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition (or box & contents)
PSP - Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Limited Edition (or box & contents)

WTS:
*Located in Canada but will ship worldwide (PM zip/postal code for shipping pricing)
*All games are complete unless otherwise noted
*Minimum purchases of $10 outside of Canada
*Buyer covers paypal fees
*I'm NeoGaf Plus, so buy with confidence!

XBOX - $3 - Doom 3
XBOX - $3 - Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
XBOX - $3 - Half-life 2
PS1 - $8 - Spyro The Dragon
PS2 - $3 - Devil May Cry 2
PS2 - $3 - Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
PS2 - $2 - Hot Shots Tennis
PS2 - $5 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
PS2 - $5 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
PS2 - $5 - Star Ocean: Till the end of Time (Missing slip cover)
PS3 - $20 - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Sealed)
GBA - $2 - Crash Bandicoot n-Tranced (Cart & Manual)
GBA - $2 - Spyro: Season of Ice (Cart & Manual)

bumpkin

Positive feedback for JasonMCG! He gave me an excellent deal on something I very much wanted, and even threw in a few little bonuses with it; a sweet drawing too.

IMG_0904.jpg

Much thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom