• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silex

Just a quick question as the Bethesda Bundle keys finally arrived. You can still sell a key even if you revealed it on GamersGate as long as you never actually redeemed it on Steam, right? I know there's a gifting option, but wasn't sure if that would be needed to transfer a key.

Yes, the keys are entirely separate from GamersGate and are handled by Steam only.
So as long as you didn't redeem it, you can sell it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I have a number of PS2 JRPGs and some guides to sell together as a lot to a collector. I have no idea what these games fetch on the market and am not going to ship out to multiple people so just make me an offer for everything. I'm in the Memphis area if anyone interested is local. If not we can figure out the best shipping method.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will send a pic.

FF 12 Collector's edition (with guide)
Grim Grimoire
Xenosaga III (sealed, thanks to the thread about how terrible it is) (with guide)
DQ 8 (and guide, though the guide is pretty worn b/c I got my money's worth out of it)
Rogue Galaxy (sealed) (with guide)
Tales of the Abyss (with guide)
Front Mission 4
FF X-2 (with guide)
Persona 3 (w/artbook and DoubleJump guide)

Astra

Looking to buy Steam keys for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate and Skyrim.
$5 for New Vegas, and I don't want to pay TOO much for Skyrim since I played it on consoles already. PM me your price for that.

Positive feedback for ta9qi.
Great transaction, sent the Steam keys immediately, and great prices. Superb seller.

bigace33

Looking for Fallout NV Ultimate Edition for around $5. I already have the vanilla version on my steam account, but want the version with all the DLC.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Another quick question: I'm guessing most people use PayPal for all this, but I thought I remember someone saying something about using a gift option, otherwise the seller would get charged transaction fees. How does that all work?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Another quick question: I'm guessing most people use PayPal for all this, but I thought I remember someone saying something about using a gift option, otherwise the seller would get charged transaction fees. How does that all work?
If you don't send it as a gift, it'll count as a payment for goods/services by default. This takes a certain percentage out of what the seller receives, but gives you a limited amount of "insurance", letting you make a claim with paypal if things go south. Not entirely sure if you're covered for private sales like here though.

Sending it as a gift removes the transaction fees and the seller receives the full amount, but you waive the right to make any claims or try and get a refund through paypal.

If you're incredibly paranoid you can still send the payment as a non-gift, but pay a certain percentage more so that after paypal takes out the transaction fee, it'll still come to what the seller was originally asking for. There's paypal calculators online for this.

If payment is sent as a gift through Paypal there's no fees collected by Paypal. The downside is that there's nothing to be done for the buyer if they never receive the item and wish to dispute it through Paypal. And I also always wonder if Paypal ever questions when someone receives a ton of gift payments. Do they ever actually inspect it or go off of trust? I honestly don't know.

Anyhow, there's around a 3% fee from Paypal if not marked as a gift. You can choose to demand people cover the fee with their payment or add it into the price of the item. Or just request people pay by marking it as a gift. I didn't specify with all of my sales and payments were probably around 70-30 with people selecting gift payments more often. I simply ate the cost of most of the other payments, which was fairly minimal, though a couple people chipped in an extra dollar or two to cover the fees without me asking.

Honestly, if you're not selling much you really have little to worry about. If you sell $100 worth of stuff you're looking at roughly $3 taken out of it. And most people tend to mark as gifts anyhow without asking so even less to worry about then. Just make sure you get their name and address through a PM or added to a Paypal payment note because a gift payment doesn't give you shipping information.

Edit: And beaten! Figured I might be.

SmokeMaxX

If you don't send it as a gift, it'll count as a payment for goods/services by default. This takes a certain percentage out of what the seller receives, but gives you a limited amount of "insurance", letting you make a claim with paypal if things go south. Not entirely sure if you're covered for private sales like here though.

Sending it as a gift removes the transaction fees and the seller receives the full amount, but you waive the right to make any claims or try and get a refund through paypal.

If you're incredibly paranoid you can still send the payment as a non-gift, but pay a certain percentage more so that after paypal takes out the transaction fee, it'll still come to what the seller was originally asking for. There's paypal calculators online for this.
Basically this post answers most of the question. A little more info though:
1) You should be covered for pretty much all goods/services on here if you use the non-gift route.
2) Gifting it doesn't completely remove your right to dispute. It's a little trickier, but still possible. Most sellers obviously prefer gifting it because the buyer pays less and/or the seller receives more.
3) Most good buyers will pay the extra paypal transaction fee (like perorist mentioned) but I don't think most sellers require them to. Some eat the loss. I usually give my buyers the choice although I tell them that I prefer gifting it if they want to pay via Paypal.
4) Amazon Payments is another (and IMO, better) choice to send money. You aren't charged fees and I believe you still have rights to dispute if the transaction goes south (not positive though). Either way, Amazon treats its customers far better than Paypal does and I would definitely encourage people to support them.

EDIT: Well since I've very LTTP, I'll just bold the most important differences between my post and above ones.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Thanks for the responses. Since I don't really see people ask for it all that often, can I take it that in most cases it's either getting arranged in the PMs afterward or the seller just eats the fee?

Edit: Didn't see the response just before this one, that about answers everything.

SmokeMaxX

Thanks for the responses. Since I don't really see people ask for it all that often, can I take it that in most cases it's either getting arranged in the PMs afterward or the seller just eats the fee?

Usually it's settled via PMs. Most sellers know what they want in terms of money per item. Sometimes they'll eat the fee, but usually they tell the buyer what to do when they give them their paypal address.

NeoGAF Gold! All prices are shipped within the US. All items are mint/complete unless otherwise noted. PayPal only.

Magna Carta 2 - $23
ZombiU - $28
Halo 4 - $33

Looking for Ni No Kuni and 800 Microsoft Points.

zkylon

zkylewd
Positive Feedback for zkylon. Promptly paid and is patiently awaiting delivery (until we're both on steam at the same time, lol)
hah, hadn't read this.

I'm only patient because I don't want to have to try Sleepy Dogs, get hooked and drop The Cave mid-way through :p

ta9qi

Steam keys for sell :

Brink Complete Pack (4$)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the year (4$)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the year (4$)
Fallout 3: Game of the year (4$)
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™ (4$)
RAGE (4$)
Rogue Warrior (2$)
Hotline Miami (2$)

some discounts for most of the games :)

Arla

Games are complete. l Prices are shipped and negotiable. l US & PayPal only.

[DS] From the Abyss - NEW - $15

[3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising - Used - $25. Comes with stand and extra AR cards.

[XBOX 360] Project Gotham Racing 4 - Used - $10

[XBOX 360] Otomedeius Excellent - Used - $8

[Wii] Disney Epic Mickey - Used $10.

[PS2] Person 3 FES - Used - $15

[PS2] GrimGrimoire - NEW - $20

PLEASE TAKE THESE OFF MY HANDS! TRYING TO SCRAP SOME CASH TOGETHER FOR FIRE EMBLEM. I'LL SHIP ASAP.

axy2MvP.jpg

zychi

Banned
I have DLC for Ni No Kuni I want to sell. I figured I'd see if GAF wants it before I throw it on ebay. These prices are based on what I see is selling on ebay.

I have one Gold Hurly Familiar($15) and one Griffy Familiar(SOLD!) code.

I'm looking for paypal only. PM me if there's any interest.

Astra

More positive feedback for ta9qi.
Such a good seller, I just had to buy some more stuff from him.

Not sure if it's proper to give more feedback for transactions so close together between the same people, so disregard if not.

Want to Sell

Blu-Ray
Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray - $50
- In great condition, only viewed once, comes with sexy gold box packaging

DS
Layton: Unwound Future - $10 shipped, no box or manual

Layton: Last Specter - $20 shipped, complete

-> Get both for $25!

PM me, GAF Gold, normally take Paypal.

A couple of digital items:

Game of Thrones Season 1 Digital Copy- $12

I also bought this: Serious Sam- Most Serious Bundle Ever

But never got around to activating the keys, and I doubt I ever will. Not really sure what it is worth, and I didn't pay anything close to the current price. But I thought I would ask for offers for the lot or piecemeal. Basically I would just copy/paste the Amazon code to you to unlock the games on your Steam account.

derExperte

Bought a graphics card and now have a spare Assassin's Creed 3 uPlay key. Don't really know for how much this goes, would 22$ via PayPal be okay? Also I'm not 100% sure if my European code works in the US store.

Wtb

Dishonored steam key for $20.

PM sent.

xaosslug

WTB/TF

Super Princess Peach
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Yoshi's Island DS

i need them all by Feb. 5th, so please PM me with trades or prices, thanks!

Sulik2

Ok I have a bunch of steam keys from the THQ Medley on Amazon I don't want or need. Anyone interested in buying these? I would take amazon or steam credit too. Borderlands 2 DLC on steam for trade too if you wanted a couple of games.

Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes - GOTY - NOTE NOT STEAM
Darksiders
Homefront
MX vs. ATV Reflex
Metro 2033
Nexuiz
Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row 2
Saints Row The Third
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Titan Quest Gold
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II: Gold Edition
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Gold

alba

Little is the new Big
WTS: (All digital downloads redeemable on steam)

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
- Psychonauts
- Hitman: Blood Money
[SOLD] Just Cause 2
[SOLD] The Last Remnant

I'm looking for cheap Sleeping Dogs or Dark Souls (on steam) or just make me an offer, I suppose ;)

WTS - Halo Reach Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with Extras

Alrighty, so I am trying to figure out what this thing is actually worth as I have seen very mixed results. If people could PM what they think is fair that would be wonderful!

Limited Edition Halo Reach 250GB Xbox 360 Console.
Limited Edition Copy of the game, Halo Reach. It is unused, as are the DLC codes since I bought it just to read Halsey's Journal.
One LE Halo Reach controller.
One monochrome Xbox 360 Controller with Transforming DPAD
AV Cables
Power Cable
HDMI Cable

jediyoshi

Selling, pm for deets

Steam redeemable codes
Red Faction Guerrilla - $4
Bioshock - $3
Bioshock 2 - $3
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - $2
RAGE - $4
Rogue Warrior - $3
Fallout 3 GOTY - $4
Morrowind GOTY - $4
Oblivion GOTY - $4
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $15

Still looking to sell the Never Settle bundle as a whole:
It has:
  • Far Cry 3
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Hitman Absolution
$60
Just let me know!
(btw, I have never traded on gaf before, so I'm not sure about payment methods. I would greatly appreciate any guidance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom