• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanders

ok. I bought something from someone here on the 20th. I have been waiting very patiently, PM'd them, and they just responded about 10 minutes ago that they have shipped the item since last we spoke (2 days ago).

They mention the item should arrive by this coming Monday.

Is this a red flag ? I payed via paypal.

I have been very patient, and communication has been very lackluster on their part.

You dont seem patient

isual

You dont seem patient

you are not in a position to make such a claim about myself, nor are you in any way able to understand what I am going through .

I payed good money for the items I purchased. The seller first mistakenly gave me the wrong email to send the money to via paypal. Then I waited a day and a half for paypal to return the money to my account so I can pay them to the right email that the seller eventually gave me. During the period when the seller gave me the wrong email for payment, he/she was frantically sending me PM after PM saying sorry and whatnot about the mistake - which is understandable.

However, when I asked for the item's condition, and if it had been shipped at all after I had sent the payment to the second and correct email, it took several days before they responded, and this time it was a whole paragraph constituting how they work from 8 to 10 (which is understandable) and that adam sandler's movie familyville or whatever was done filming in the town and that because of the movie production, the postal service there was taken aback and left in disarray, but still, as a seller, it would be prudent and appreciative to me the buyer if the item's delivery status would have been mentioned, and not just left in limbo.

When the seller responded in the initial PM about the items I was interested in, said that they were 'almost' neogaf gold in the initial PM, I looked them up, and there was only 1, and only 1 positive feedback on their sell column.

When they finally responded just the day before (8.28), they somehow said that they were Ebay gold, and that the item was just shipped last time we had spoken and that it should arrive on Monday...

Cheska

Want To Sell

yQaYwyV.jpg

Mass Effect Lithographs 18x24 numbered and signed.
I have: Thane, Grunt, Legion, Aria and Cerberus. PM me for more pictures!

Bioshock 2 Limited Edition for the PS3 NIB, Sealed. $65 shipped

Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition Contents only. $45 shipped

Fallout 3 Collectors Edition NIB, sealed, two small tears in wrapping : $ 75 shipped

Radiant Historia NIB, first print edition with soundtrack: $60 shipped

Shin Megami Tensei Collection
: Everything is complete though the CN codes have been used.Strange Journey is actually "Gamestop new", the outerbox is in really bad shape but the game itself is still sealed in shrinkwrap. Would prefer to sell this as a lot. $130 shipped

Animal Crossing 3DS XL Limited Edition brand new: Send me some offers!

PHAT Atelier Meruru 1/8 Scale PVC

Displayed in a glass DETOLF case, need to make room for upcoming figures though. $60 shipped

Shipping only in the US. PM me any questions folks!

chrono01

I have a Splinter Cell Blacklist PC code that I'd be willing to trade for a Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PC code. I received the former code when I purchased my new video card and, since I have no interest in the series, I was thinking of trading it for FFXIV and gifting the code to my sister [I already have an account for myself].

I know I don't have feedback here [when it comes to buying/selling/trading] so it might be worrisome to trust me. That's why I would be willing to give up/trade my code first and then, once you activate it and confirm its authenticity, you can give me the code for FFXIV.

Lemstar

All prices include shipping within the United States. If you buy more than one item, you'll save around $1.50-$2 per item; contact for an exact quote.

PayPal's 3% cut is not included in prices.

Physical games:
Persona 4 Arena (PS3) like new - $22
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (360) brand new (includes all extras in original shrink wrap) - $21
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (360) brand new - $20
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) very good (one visible scratch on disc, manual a little creased) - $15
Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition (360) like new, foil cover version - $23
Persona 4 Golden (PSV) like new - $22
Dragon's Crown (PSV) brand new, sealed with artbook - $50
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) like new - $30
Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) like new (cartridge in case) - $32
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (Wii) brand new - $20

PC:
Skullgirls (Steam key) - $11
Sega Ultimate Dreamcast Pack (Steam keys) - $10
Hitman: Blood Money (Steam key) - $2
Supreme Commander 2 (Steam key) - $2
Toy Soldiers (Steam key) - $2
Iron Brigade (Steam key) - $2

PS3:
PlayStation Plus 3 Months - $13
PlayStation Plus 12 Months - $40
Saints Row 2 (included with Saints Row 3 Online Pass) - $4
The Last of Us Online Pass - $4
Far Cry 3 Online Pass - $2
Mass Effect 3 CE Pack
Prototype 2 RADNET Access Code + Prototype 2 Hardened Steel Vehicle Armor - $0.50
Saints Row 3 Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary (Funtime) Pack - $0.25
Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC - $3

XBox 360:
Xbox Live Gold 12 Months - $39
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $5
Street Fighter x Tekken Swap Costumes $3
Street Fighter x Tekken Additional Character Swap Costumes $3
Justice League: Doom Movie Download $2
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Download $3
Halo 4 Circuit Armor $4
Halo 4 Specializations
Halo Reach Recon Helmet $1
Darksiders 2 Shadow of Death $1
Darksiders 2 Crucible Pass $1
Fable 3 Bonus Game Content $1
Far Cry 3 Online Pass $2
Gears of War: Judgment Emergence Era Marcus/Lambent Skin $2
Black Ops 2 Zombie Avatar Costume (Male) $1
Black Ops 2 Zombie Avatar Costume (Female) $1
Black Ops 2 CLAW Avatar Prop $1
Assassin's Creed 3 Online Pass $2
Soul Calibur V Dampierre Character DLC $1
Prototype 2 RADNET Access Code + Hardened Steel Vehicle Armor $0.50
Tomb Raider Aviatrix Skin + Shanty Town Multiplayer Map $0.50
Tomb Raider Hitman Absolution Weapons Pack $1
UFC Undisputed 3 Ultimate Fights: Knockout Pack $2

Physical stuff:
Injustice: Gods Among Us CE Statue - $35 shipped
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) case + cover + instructional insert
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) case + cover + instructional insert
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers (3DS) case + cover + instructional insert
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) case + cover + instructional insert
Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS) case + cover + instructional insert

Sorry for the late feedback:

Postive feedback for goldenpp72 as a seller!
Postive feedback for Birbo as a seller!
Postive feedback for FreakyFink as a seller!

All items came as described, thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you are not in a position to make such a claim about myself, nor are you in any way able to understand what I am going through .

I payed good money for the items I purchased. The seller first mistakenly gave me the wrong email to send the money to via paypal. Then I waited a day and a half for paypal to return the money to my account so I can pay them to the right email that the seller eventually gave me. During the period when the seller gave me the wrong email for payment, he/she was frantically sending me PM after PM saying sorry and whatnot about the mistake - which is understandable.

However, when I asked for the item's condition, and if it had been shipped at all after I had sent the payment to the second and correct email, it took several days before they responded, and this time it was a whole paragraph constituting how they work from 8 to 10 (which is understandable) and that adam sandler's movie familyville or whatever was done filming in the town and that because of the movie production, the postal service there was taken aback and left in disarray, but still, as a seller, it would be prudent and appreciative to me the buyer if the item's delivery status would have been mentioned, and not just left in limbo.

When the seller responded in the initial PM about the items I was interested in, said that they were 'almost' neogaf gold in the initial PM, I looked them up, and there was only 1, and only 1 positive feedback on their sell column.

When they finally responded just the day before (8.28), they somehow said that they were Ebay gold, and that the item was just shipped last time we had spoken and that it should arrive on Monday...

Settle down and wait until Tuesday, then inquire on Wednesday.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you are happy with results. Positive feedback for AwRy108 as well, great collector of my stuff and pays fast and is patient with my busy schedule.

SUPER POSITIVE FEEDBACK for seller da_stabbah: sold me a PSX bundle with some games and stuff, all of which arrived fast and in perfectly safe condition. My second console purchase from this seller, and once again I am incredibly please with the results.

Bungie's

Ask for a tracking number. If he doesn't pm you tracking number then I would just file a claim with paypal.

I have a black Kyurem Pokemon Rumble U NFC figure that I would like to trade for a white Kyurem figure. These were only available at Gamestop for pre-ordering the game.

(Actual figure for trade is still in it's original plastic bag unopened. I received 2.)
Mubrc6pl.jpg

dgco86

Plus Buyer here with an urgent plea for help. For God knows whatever reason, Gamestop is unable to verify any of my payment information (I have tried 3 different credit cards) and refuses to accept any of my orders. I was hoping someone would be able to help me order 2 copies of Zelda Wind Waker HD (with the Ganondorf figure) and have them shipped to me in Singapore. I can pay with Paypal. According to Gamestop this would cost me around $150 so I would be happy to pay for the Paypal fees and any other charges you may deem necessary (within reason of course). Thanks!

GatorBait

I was about to put this on ebay, but then I thought to myself that I should give my fellow GAFers a shot first. I'm selling a very lightly used Nexus 7 (2013 version, 32GB) that I received as a gift. It works perfectly and the only reason I'm selling it is because I already own another Nexus 7. This version retails for $269.00 currently and is sold out in some places right now (including Amazon).

I'll accept reasonable offers in the U.S. (don't want to get killed on shipping charges) and prefer Paypal for payment. Feel free to PM me if interested or if you have questions.

Pics below:

Aselith

isual please appropriate feedback about what a nightmare this was even after you get your stuff. People need to know about this kind of annoying nonsense.

Positive feedback for The English Conquistador. Once again, proving to be an excellent, trustworthy buyer! He's a very nice guy to boot.

This sounds pretty sketchy... I hope you receive your items.

isual

Guys, to everyone who responded, thanks.

I just woke up and I got a PM from member lambtron saying that they are in the same situation as I am from seller veronica:

"Hey. I am pretty positive I am having an issue with the same seller. Veronica? I don't think you're being impatient.

In my case it's been dragging on for over a month. My package got lost they say. They have said they will refund me + $50 after the package didn't arrive when they said it would, one week ago today. Still though, no refund yet. Long PMs every couple days is what I get. I am giving them until Monday to refund me before I file dispute. I will let you know if they pull through though seeing someone else getting the same run around isn't exactly raising my confidence level you know?

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone."

This is the final nail in the coffin for me. From anecdotal experience, the multiple red flags that I saw, and Lambtron's long month delay, I have no choice but to file a claim - I really don't want to wait until I am in the same situation as lambtron. I really have been patient and understanding, and the seller just wasn't communicating anything at all about the delays and whether the item was shipped at all. Lambtron has been far more considerate about all this, but it has been a MONTH in his case, and MORE THAN A WEEK since the supposed refund and reimbursement for troubles caused towards him - I don't tolerate this at all.

NeOak

Guys, to everyone who responded, thanks.

I just woke up and I got a PM from member lambtron saying that they are in the same situation as I am from seller veronica:

"Hey. I am pretty positive I am having an issue with the same seller. Veronica? I don't think you're being impatient.

In my case it's been dragging on for over a month. My package got lost they say. They have said they will refund me + $50 after the package didn't arrive when they said it would, one week ago today. Still though, no refund yet. Long PMs every couple days is what I get. I am giving them until Monday to refund me before I file dispute. I will let you know if they pull through though seeing someone else getting the same run around isn't exactly raising my confidence level you know?

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone."

This is the final nail in the coffin for me. From anecdotal experience, and the multiple red flags already, I have no choice but to file a claim. I really have been patient and understanding, and the seller just wasn't communicating anything at all about the delays and whether the item was shipped at all. Lambtron has been far more considerate about all this, but it has been a MONTH, and MORE THAN A WEEK since the supposed refund and reimbursement for troubles caused - I don't tolerate this at all.

I will not tolerate this at all.

That is weird. I bought stuff from them and got it on time as it was stated.

isual

That is weird. I bought stuff from them and got it on time as it was stated.

well, that's good. But as a buyer, I am very much concerned, and since another member PM'd me about their status, it was already the last straw.

Anecdotal experience on ebay; a seller usually sells a couple of items and ships them to the buyers in a timely fashion, and as described...then it all goes downhill from that for everyone else later on who buys an item from them, in which the seller (allegedly) tries to scam them by getting good feedback initially.

NeOak

well, that's good. But as a buyer, I am very much concerned, and since another member PM'd me about their status, it was already the last straw.

Anecdotal experience on ebay; a seller usually sells a couple of items and ships them to the buyers in a timely fashion, and as described...then it all goes downhill from that for everyone else later on who buys an item from them, in which the seller (allegedly) tries to scam them by getting good feedback initially.

Hm, indeed.

As for eBay, I got scammed like that too a long time ago.

isual

If I had to guess, I'd say the seller probably took the money and used it without setting some aside for shipping. So you're probably waiting on a paycheck to come to them.

I had a situation like this once (with someone who is now a notable indie game developer, actually) and I'm pretty sure that's what was going on there, too. It took months to get a couple games I traded for. The person made up for it by sending me a few extra games, which were pirated GBA carts with bad save batteries, but, meh, at least it got resolved.

If the seller veronica said that this was the issue, I would be reasonable and understand. However, once more, with the lack of communication and previous experiences, I must come to this conclusion.

The latter bolded part is fine, yet it took them MONTHS (i'm assuming 2 to 3 since it's plural), and that is just unacceptable behavior. If it was a week delay, and they were in constant communique with you regarding the items, then it would probably be ok. I still would not tolerate it at all.

I accept PayPal and will definitely listen to trades if it's something that I'm interested in (Action-Adventure, RPG's, Nintendo Titles, etc...).

Shipping will depend on what you want, and how many titles you want. If you want one game at $4-$5 expect to help pay a little on shipping.

Details and Condition: ALL Titles are complete original releases (Greatest Hits, Nintendo Selects, etc... will be marked) unless marked. Feel free to PM me for pics and details.

Have:

PS3
Blades of Time $12
FEAR: First Encounter Assault Recon $11

Xbox 360 (All original releases)
Assassin’s Creed II $8
Blazblue Calamity Trigger $10
Dante’s Inferno $9
Mass Effect $8
Ninja Gaiden II (includes Slipcover) $7
Soul Calibur IV $8
Super Street Fighter IV (Missing Manual) $9
Rumble Roses XX $24

Xbox:
Deus Ex Invisible War $5
Jade Empire Limited Edition 2 Disc (Missing Manual) $7
Legacy of Kain Defiance $5

PS2:
Grand Theft Auto III $4
MX vs ATV Unleashed $5
Resident Evil Code Veronica X $6
Resident Evil Outbreak $7
Samurai Warriors $5
Silent Hill 3 (Missing Manual) $18
Sonic Mega Collection (Greatest Hits) $5
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $18
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $4

Nintendo 64: Cart Only
Pokemon Stadium (Sticker is scratched/peeling/rough)-$8
NFL Blitz 2001-$4
Pokemon Snap -$8
Diddy Kong's Racing -$10

Wii:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Sealed) $5
Chicken Shoot -$5
Game Party -$5
Sim Animals -$6
Thrillville Off The Rails -$5
Tornado Outbreak (Sealed) $8

Want:
Culdcept Saga
The Last Remnant X360 (Sealed)
Tales of Legendia PS2 (CIB or sealed)
Tons of other stuff I'd be willing to trade for

Will listen to offers, especially on multiple titles.

NoRéN

If the seller veronica said that this was the issue, I would be reasonable and understand. However, once more, with the lack of communication and previous experiences, I must come to this conclusion.

The latter bolded part is fine, yet it took them MONTHS (i'm assuming 2 to 3 since it's plural), and that is just unacceptable behavior. If it was a week delay, and they were in constant communique with you regarding the items, then it would probably be ok. I still would not tolerate it at all.

What was the method of payment?

I have Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition for sale or trade. All items are brand new, including the game which has never been used. HOWEVER, the game case itself has been opened and the Club Nintendo code is USED. I also have the Amazon Preorder DLC code unused to go with it.

I am ideally looking for PayPal, but I would be up for a trade for something of similar value. PM me if interested.

NoRéN

Positive feedback for blazenumb1

Great seller. Friendly, easy to deal with, communication was excellent. Highly recommended.

isual

NoRéN;79021073 said:
So, you were able to file your claim no problems? How long before you get resolution?

I just did the filing today. May take several days. The seller needs to make a counterclaim or this could be resolved peacefully.

NoRéN

I just did the filing today. May take several days. The seller needs to make a counterclaim or this could be resolved peacefully.

Good to hear. Hopefully you get your money back soon without any problems. Also, hopefully this doesn't sour you on the thread as a whole.

PS3 Madden 25 Anniversary Edition without Sunday Ticket Code. 50 Shipped. Unplayed, manual, disc, and 17 weeks of team packs. I can also include the used Sunday Ticket Code if you are a completionist.

Dragon's Crown PS3 new/sealed. $40 shipped.

And still trying to sell all of this:

K-on Complete Series and movie on Blu Ray
Discs 1 and 2 are open, the rest are not. Picked up on impulse, good show, but not for me. Asking $150 shipped.

Cowboy Bebop Remix Sealed
Good show, full disclosure- selling this because I will be purchasing Blu-rays likely on day 1. Asking $50 Shipped.

Initial D, near complete Tokyopop run. (Missing volume 14 only, which I believe is a side story anyways). $45 shipped.

Dragon Ball Z (near) Complete Series (Orange Boxes). 1-7 (missing 8 & 9) All include booklets. $110 shipped

And since I never got around to moving them otherwise:
WTS Shin Megami Tensei IV, Club Nintendo Code used, so no Promo eligibility. Complete first print in great shape. $37 shipped.

Fast and the Furious Digital Copies for movies 1-5. $15 for the lot. This is Digital Copies AND Ultraviolet, so no worries if you don't do Ultraviolet.. Insert mentions multiple providers, but doesn't specify exactly which. Does mention iTunes specifically.

Gundam Perfect Grades From the Gundam Thread:
So I have several perfect grades I picked up second hand that I was actually planning to paint and really put together, but I am now realizing I will never get around to it. Anybody have any interest in picking these up from me? Because they are second hand, they aren't perfect. Some have panel lining, some might have a couple of pieces missing. I can also throw in some of the paints I was going to be working with (just spray cans, I never got around to the airbrush stage).

I've got 2 Titans Colors Mark II, one in pieces (disassembled for painting, not on sprues), and one box with manuals.
1 AEUG Mark II, with box.
Between the three of them, I've got one good condition backpack, one okay condition, and one in pretty rough shape.
1 Wing Zero, no box, and I believe complete with the exception of a missing pinky manipulator, and some of the character figures. His digits are actually smaller than the other Gundams, as I did see if I could use a manipulator from one of the MK-IIs in its place.
1 Zeta Gundam. Missing a pinky finger as well, and a piece of shoulder armor. With manuals, no box.
Anyways, I'll hit B/S/T and eBay eventually, just wanted to see if anyone was interested. If you are let me know and I'll look into a figure to tell you if it is panel lined, anything might be missing, pictures, etc.

Mark II Titans disassembled with box and instruction manuals- $100 shipped
I believe this is missing two small pieces to complete the shield, but is otherwise complete as far as I can tell. Backpack is not in good shape.
Wing Zero- $90 Shipped
Complete as far as I can tell. Only problem is that the pinky finger is missing the midfinger joint, so he is basically down a finger.

Mark II AEUG assembled with box- $100 shipped
Complete as far as I can tell. Backpack has been broken and repaired before, broke again.
Mark II Titans- Complete no box- $90 shipped
Looks complete as far as I can tell. May not have all of the figures that came with it initially.
Zeta Gundam- No Box- $90 shipped
Missing a pinky finger and a piece of shoulder armor, and one piece of the leg armor on the back of the knee seems to be broken.
Very open to offers on these. Can include paints if you are interested in them (most are unused). Prices are flexible to begin with, even more flexible if you want to take multiples. Ones with boxes are more because they will be expensive to ship. As an overall disclaimer, I am giving the best information I have, and these are largely in good condition, but none of them are perfect.

Most accessories were in other boxes when pictures were taken. If you have a serious interest ask and I can send you what else I have.

I feel my prices are reasonable based on market value, but offers won't hurt my feelings. I'll PM you back if I don't want to accept your offer, so if I don't get back to you, I may not have gotten it.

Amazon Payments- best, Paypal Gift/Paypal Fees covered- perfectly acceptable.

Friggz

Veronica is usually very responsive. SO im surpsied by what im reading here, good luck to you however, hopefully you can get everything straightened out.

NoRéN;78998705 said:
Positive feedback for blazenumb1

Great seller. Friendly, easy to deal with, communication was excellent. Highly recommended.

Positive feedback for NoRéN.

Great guy, pleasure to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom