• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

helium121

Banned
Help me understand how most of bst gaf thinks a used 3ds xl is worth more than the $135 factory refurb with one year warranty from Nintendo. I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk. I'm just curious. I tried buying a few systems here but they were too pricy so I got the Nintendo one. And I wouldn't value many downloaded games at $20 each, either. Again, not trying to be rude. I just bought the system and a few games, so as a new owner, I'm curious where current owners are coming from.

For me there could be a couple of reasons. First, I know Nintendo is really good with their refurb units and they look almost new when you get them but, it's still a system that had a flaw at some point. The system that I would be selling has never had an issue in the time that I've owned it. I keep all of my items in really good shape.

Second, and this is the part that I'm unsure if it has changed or not, I have a lot of downloaded games. The games I have listed are physical games. My downloaded games are eshop games like Steamworld Dig, Crashmo/Pushmo, VVVVVV, CaveStory, virtual console games, etc. I also have the Ambassador games. You used to be able to buy a Wii/DS/3ds and find these games already purchased. It was easy to include those with a system before because those games were tied to the actual system, not an ID. That's also why I'm unsure if I could include those in a sale.

To Sale:

I recently bought a N64 and almost every good game I could think of. I now realized I don't have time for it. So I'm offering it up to GAF before anywhere else. I also have a very good rep in this thread in case that helps. :)

List of items:
N64 - Grey (all cords + RAM expansion)
2 N64 Controllers (Grey & Grape)
2 Memory Cards
Gameshark

Games:

San Francisco Rush
Nascar 99
JetForce Gemini
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Goldeneye
Banjo-Kazooie
Star Wars : Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Epi. 1 Racer
Banjo-Tooie
Resident Evil 2
Turok 1
Turok 2
Turok 3
Ridge Racer 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Super Mario 64
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of thhe Empire
Castlevania
F-Zero X
Mario Party
Blast Corps
Mario Kart 64
1080 Snowboarding
International Superstar Soccer 64
Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask
Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine
Wave Race 64
Donkey Kong 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

$550 for the lot. I'm not making any money on this actually. Just looking to get back what I put into it.

Man, if I had the money, I'd be down!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still selling the following items. Most of them are used, but come complete unless specified otherwise. Codes are probably used (Prices include shipping to CONUS. No international shipping, sorry)

-Battlefield 4 (PS4) | $27.50
-Remember Me (360) new and sealed | $11
-Dead Island: Riptide (360) new and sealed | $10
-Homefront (360) | $7.50
-DMC: Devil May Cry (360) | $10 or trade for Steam version
-Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (PS3, slipcover has some wear, can take pics) | $38

Looking to buy or trade for:

-32gb Wii U

WTS(US Only)
PS3 Slim 250gb plus 29 games - $380. Paypal gift. The system is in great condition, has a small mark on top. Comes with Dualshock 3, power cable, a/v cable and usb cable. All games tested and work.
Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Socom Confrontation, Oblivion, The Shivering Isles, Infamous, Infamous 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Fallout 3 Game of the year edition, Red Dead Redemption Special Edition, God of War 3, God of War Acsension, Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Grand Theft Auto 4, Warhawk, Dragon Age Origins, Street Fighter 4, Metal Gear Rising, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Just Cause 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Ni No Kuni, Mortal Kombat, Resonance of Fate.
8tgsQhgl.jpg

ZdZeGawl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Animal Crossing New Leaf(3DS) - $25. Paypal gift. Like new condition game was barely played.
dvanzful.jpg

yqfKWjal.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Shin Megami Tensei IV - $30. Paypal gift. Case and cart is in great condition.
4xvmcP0l.jpg

CcxJo9bl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Legend of Legaia(PS1) - $30. Case has some cracks. Paypal gift only

7M235G7l.jpg
llCLJcdl.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Brave Fencer Musashi(PS1) - $40. Paypal gift only. No manual, back of case does have a crack.

IHrYjzYl.jpg

UkSbkNIl.jpg

kuu3TG1l.jpg

WTS(US Only)
Beyond Two Souls(PS2) - $23. Paypal gift. Disc and case are in perfect condition. The game didn't come with a manual.

GTFnBPul.jpg

DWzwfQPl.jpg

Leatherface

Anyone selling the Metroid Trilogy for Wii? It's one of those things I missed out on and wish I bought. /sadface

Anyway, if so for a reasonable price, please PM me. Thanks!

Positive Seller feedback for Sixfortyfive

Sold me some Megadrive/Genesis and NES games. They arrived timely and in expected condition.

Thanks a lot!!

Sami+

WTB: Dark Souls II (Steam)

If anyone has a spare code they're willing to sell, please PM me. I want to get a copy for my girlfriend so we can play together.

Prices are shipped. Games are complete unless noted. Feel free to message me about specifics regarding condition or for pics.

WTS:

Wii U
Club Nintendo Platinum Reward-$15 (Would also trade for a Physical Copy of DKCR or Game and Wario. Will pay for shipping as well)

Wii:
SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1-$16
Real Heroes: Firefighters-$12
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core-$11

Gamecube:
Phantasy Star Online I and II-$45

OG Xbox:
Phantom Dust-$28

PS3
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z-$18

Xbox360:
The Walking Dead: The Game (TellTale Games)-$15
2x $5 Xbox Live Codes-$7

I accept PayPal and may be willing to trade for a handful of games. I have positive feedback as a buyer and a seller. Thanks

Is anyone interested in buying my free game code from the Mario Kart 8 promotion for $30? I'm in Canada - choices are Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Zelda Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U, Payment by Interac E-transfer or Paypal is fine. PM me what game you want if you are interested. Thanks!

kennah

Is anyone interested in buying my free game code from the Mario Kart 8 promotion for $30? I'm in Canada - choices are Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Zelda Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U, Payment by Interac E-transfer or Paypal is fine. PM me what game you want if you are interested. Thanks!

Just FYI - you're asking double the going rate.

Anyone know how long isleofsancory's ban is? I bought a vita from him a little over a month ago and I don't think I'm going to get it. Anyone else bought anything from him?

And if I gifted the money am I pretty much SOL?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone know how long isleofsancory's ban is? I bought a vita from him a little over a month ago and I don't think I'm going to get it. Anyone else bought anything from him?

Honestly, you may have been scammed. I and a couple other people have had issues with him (never bought anything from him) and some of his posts have been a bit suspicious :/

Just a fair warning for members, Isleofsancroy@ Verizon.com is either a scammer, or a troll. He messaged me about my interest in Shenmue a while back and I asked for pictures. All he did was send a close up image of a random page in the game manual and a picture of the inside of the game case w/ 1 disc, saying "you got the important stuff anyway".

I would advise anyone not to deal with that person.

I wasn't going to post in the thread (I don't want to be reckless and harm anyone's reputation), but just to be on the safe side; I had a situation like this with that seller too. Not accusing anyone of anything but it was a little odd.

However, I had a vehicle issue pop up and I couldn't go through with the transaction anyway.

IIRC he was last in this thread trying to peddle a bunch of expensive smartphones.

SmokeMaxX

He's the guy that used to be @Verizon.com (in his name) a while back right? I think the consensus from this thread was that he was likely a troll account or scammer (although noone was really sure). Hope you get your money back or your vita. I'll see if I can dig up some posts from before (edit: nvm, Fracas already did). When you gifted, did you use a credit card or bank? If you used a credit card, do a chargeback (they will help). If you used a bank, talk to them about it being an unauthorized transaction (they might help). If you did it out of your paypal balance, it's up to IslesofSancroy to send you the Vita or you're sol.

maxcriden

WTB (or trade for)!

Kirby: Air Ride GCN
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament GBA
Mario vs. DK 1 and 2 for DS
Amazon Credit
Nintendo eShop Points or Funds

WTS or trade:

Consoles

Game Boy Advance OG model, glacier, missing back battery cover, works perfectly

DS games

Scribblenauts CIB - $7

GBA games (all cart only)

Namco Museum - $7

DVDs

Alfred Hitchcock DVD collection (sealed)

Graphic Novels/Comics

Asterios Polyp
The Sword Vol. 2-3
Son of M
Shade vol. 2-3
Asterios Polyp
A few various issues of Invicible, The Walking Dead, The Astounding Wolfman, and Superman: Secret Origin

Novels

Gods Without Men

Non-fiction

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story
Best American Science Writing

Cookbooks

Flavored Vinegars
Salty Sweets
Big Book of Juices
Baking Ilustrated
Gourmet Today
Breakfast and Brunch Book
Tofu Cookbook
The Joy of Pickling
Canal House Cooks
Savory Baking
James Beard's American Cookery
Spoon Fed
The Complete Book of Juicing
Chez Panisse

--

I'm proud to be a NeoGAF Plus seller. In USA but happy to ship internationally. I'm also happy to negotiate any prices.

He's the guy that used to be @Verizon.com (in his name) a while back right? I think the consensus from this thread was that he was likely a troll account or scammer (although noone was really sure). Hope you get your money back or your vita. I'll see if I can dig up some posts from before (edit: nvm, Fracas already did). When you gifted, did you use a credit card or bank? If you used a credit card, do a chargeback (they will help). If you used a bank, talk to them about it being an unauthorized transaction (they might help). If you did it out of your paypal balance, it's up to IslesofSancroy to send you the Vita or you're sol.
It was through my bank, wish it was through my card as that would be easier.
So just call my bank and explain the situation?

EYEL1NER

If you did get ripped off, hopefully it doesn't put you off of the B/S/T thread. But you gifted the money? You need to stop doing that. Ever since Recon stole my money back in 2010 I have almost exclusively used the 'Payment for Goods or Services' option and added the amount they will get charged in fees onto the total. Some of the sellers on BoardGameGeek seem to love it, when they are expecting me to pay via gift or are expecting to get hot up for fees and then end up receiving enough that they wind up with their asking price. I usually only try to buy things when I am getting at least a semi-good deal, so that extra couple cents or dollar never really puts an item into 'overpriced' territory.
Even though you used 'gift' and that is against the rules, PayPal might be able to do something for you. I don't know, but it seems like I have seen people say before that even after choosing gift when they were buying something, they still got PP to open an investigation. Ewan, it might just end with your account being closed for breaking their rules though.

If you did get ripped off, hopefully it doesn't put you off of the B/S/T thread. But you gifted the money? You need to stop doing that. Ever since Recon stole my money back in 2010 I have almost exclusively used the 'Payment for Goods or Services' option and added the amount they will get charged in fees onto the total. Some of the sellers on BoardGameGeek seem to love it, when they are expecting me to pay via gift or are expecting to get hot up for fees and then end up receiving enough that they wind up with their asking price. I usually only try to buy things when I am getting at least a semi-good deal, so that extra couple cents or dollar never really puts an item into 'overpriced' territory.
Even though you used 'gift' and that is against the rules, PayPal might be able to do something for you. I don't know, but it seems like I have seen people say before that even after choosing gift when they were buying something, they still got PP to open an investigation. Ewan, it might just end with your account being closed for breaking their rules though.
I'm not put off, but I guess I'll just stick to the people I've had good experiences with. I've bought and sold a lot here and it does bum me out to have this happen. I'll try emailing them first.

It has killed my interest in the Vita so I guess that's some money saved.

goldenpp72

Positive Seller Feedback for Alric, had a very large but smooth order of various games on many systems, including some other trinkets. Really for the size of the order it was surprising how fluid it ended up being, nice working with ya :)

Istaerion

Your method is generally the best way to go when dealing with tangible goods that require shipping. For digital items though, it's a toss-up between the paying for services/goods and the family & friends option due to PayPal generally not supporting transactions that can't be tracked.

I'm not put off, but I guess I'll just stick to the people I've had good experiences with. I've bought and sold a lot here and it does bum me out to have this happen. I'll try emailing them first.

It has killed my interest in the Vita so I guess that's some money saved.

In any case, you'll still receive support from PayPal when it concerns gift transactions, but you're going to have to likely approach it under a fraud basis rather than a transaction gone wrong such as not receiving the goods you paid for.

If PayPal denies you any support, turn to your bank and explain how that specific transaction was unauthorized and you would like it revoked. That should work in most cases, but some establishments demand more information which you'll have to provide.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

He was super sketch with me. Thankfully my purchase was only $30. I'll be filing a PayPal dispute now.

Alric

Positive Seller Feedback for Alric, had a very large but smooth order of various games on many systems, including some other trinkets. Really for the size of the order it was surprising how fluid it ended up being, nice working with ya :)

Positive Buyer Feedback for goldenpp72, Knew exactly what he was looking for and was a breeze setting everything up. Glad everything showed up as well as it was shipped.

fep

WTS: Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo code - $20

You redeem this to your account for points and then generate a code for New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Zelda: Windwaker HD, or WiiParty U. I know I'm a junior, but I don't post a lot and I have great ebay and pbn feedback. I have also done a few of the GAF $ Fantasy Football leagues so you know I pay my dues :)

I'll take Paypal or Amazon payments, you take care of any fees - I just want $20 sitting in my account!

Thanks.

- Free game promo ends JULY 31st.

Hey everybody! Just ordered a WiiU! If someone can still sell me a WiiU, I'm willing to consider cancelling and getting it from you!

I'm so excited!!

I know there are sales for MK8/WW/Pikmin with some digital thing going on. Anyone want to sell me something for a fair price?

I'm looking for MK8 mostly, and though I've tried some Zelda games, I'm thinking of trying Pikmin 3.

Send me any offers! Thanks!

He was super sketch with me. Thankfully my purchase was only $30. I'll be filing a PayPal dispute now.
Hey, if there's more than one maybe my odds get better.

Also fuck that guy.

Edit: So...I should lie about the situation and tell them I didn't send the money? Am I understanding this right?

Geneijin

What the fuck. The Xbox One system guy? He continued selling stuff outside the B/S/T thread?

What the fuck. The Xbox One system guy? He continued selling stuff outside the B/S/T thread?
I had no clue about it at the time, he was the first person to PM me so I jumped. Had I waited an hour I could've bought it from xaoslug who I enjoy dealing with. Live and learn.

Istaerion

Hey, if there's more than one maybe my odds get better.

Also fuck that guy.

Edit: So...I should lie about the situation and tell them I didn't send the money? Am I understanding this right?

If enough people file complaints against the chap, his account will be flagged for delinquent behavior.

I don't know if that'll necessarily help your case though due to the nature of your transaction.

I hate to advocate gaming the system, but stating that your transaction is fraud is likely the only way you'll get PayPal to even remotely consider your claim. Should they disregard your issue altogether, going to your bank and stating the transaction was unauthorized would be your last remaining option.

Geneijin

I had no clue about it at the time, he was the first person to PM me so I jumped. Had I waited an hour I could've bought it from xaoslug who I enjoy dealing with. Live and learn.
Damn, that sucks.

I even found that post by him where he hightailed it out.

AHAH. Well if idiots want to call me a scammer because they don't agree with screenshots I sent which show disc and manual in the case, and because they are too moronic to do simple math involving the price difference between a Vita and an Xbox One by itself with nothing with it (which is $200 or so at best but research isn), then clearly I have found the wrong community. When children jump to peg someone without any critical thinking and not based on any logic then usually it's the parents fault. Something I believe happens on sites like Gamestop and Gamefaaqs, never thought I would see such stupidity from here (actually I did) but I don't honestly care.
I'll just disappear and go on with my business. This does not apply to the few, more intelligent people, you know who you are.

If enough people file complaints against the chap, his account will be flagged for delinquent behavior.

I don't know if that'll necessarily help your case though due to the nature of your transaction.

I hate to advocate gaming the system, but stating that your transaction is fraud is likely the only way you'll get PayPal to even remotely consider your claim. Should they disregard your issue altogether, going to your bank and stating the transaction was unauthorized would be your last remaining option.
Okay. Thank you!

Jigolo

Not really trying to screw any of the sellers over, but those MK8 free game codes expire July 31st. Just a warning for those still buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom