• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
It's up to you, mrklaw. If you list something that doesn't have a price, and you are taking offers from others, then it's basically open season.

Which is why I will never entertain GAFfers that say "make an offer." If I wanted to get into a bidding war, I'd go to eBay.

If you state a price but also add "or best offer" or "PM me with offers," it's simply to let buyers know that you might entertain a lower price.

Thanks. My sale posts are 'make an offer' because I have no idea of the worth. Is there a good resource to get an idea of what a good price would be?

pricecharting.com is pretty good for this

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hate "make an offer." As the seller, that's your job. When a buyer makes an offer, some sellers are going to start crying "lowball." If you had an idea of a price enough to call someone out for lowballing, then post that idea of a price. Otherwise, you're wasting others' time.

You can use Amazon's used listings as an idea of how to price things.

Ultimadrago

I hate "make an offer." As the seller, that's your job. When a buyer makes an offer, some sellers are going to start crying "lowball." If you had an idea of a price enough to call someone out for lowballing, then post that idea of a price. Otherwise, you're wasting others' time.

While fully acknowledging that a seller can insert what they want, I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

- Unless the item is rare, unique enough where there's not really an agreed market price/standard (which in itself is rarely the case).

Completely agree. When I see make an offer I just keep moving. eBay is frustrating enough and I don't like dealing with that shit here.

maxcriden

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't mind making an offer generally. I tend to make a sub-eBay/Amazon used offer because that's what I tend to sell items for, unless trading for an equal value item. I figure this thread is a place to give each other good deals and make a little money, and that if a seller doesn't know how much they want to sell something for, the worst they can do is say no to my offer. I actually love negotiating on here and I've had a lot of fun haggling with various sellers to reach a mutually agreeable transaction.

(This message brought to you by Rusty Slugger. Stop in at Rusty's Real Deal Baseball today and get 25% off your first purchase!*)

(*Offer may be subject to 22% mark-up.)

boeso

WTS

Destiny Expansion Pass for PS4 - £25 through Paypal.

Originally from the Limited (lol) Edition, bought from Amazon UK.

Gives access to The Dark Below and upcoming House of Wolves.

I'll PM with the code once the payment is complete.

My first sale on GAF but I have an active ebay account I've been using from 2006 to verify if necessary. Thanks!

EDIT: Just realised I'll be out until around 11pm UK time and won't be able to edit the listing until then, so first come first served.

wiibomb

I have to agree with this, but usually when someone does that I PM about an expected offer, to see just how much he/she wants, I also respect the seller and its items and never want to make an offer because of a potentally offensive offer

Afro

pending

wts:

Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller | Lightly used. Very clean.

Blacked out w/ red LED and fresh joysticks. Still tons of life left (tight sticks, no drifting).

Just want $20 shipped. U.S. only.

1kmVATH.jpg

People are going to make offers regardless, Ronin. I say i want $70 for item, someone PMs me and negotiates $55 and vice versa. A "no" can be extended in either situation

when someone says "make an offer" you don't even have a ballpark range of what they're looking for. it's great the for seller. horrible for the buyer.

Petrie

Banned
Completely agree. When I see make an offer I just keep moving. eBay is frustrating enough and I don't like dealing with that shit here.

I list my items for trade, so when someone PMs me for a price my answer is always to make an offer and an explanation of why I prefer to trade.

Want

WiiU titles. The New super Mario/Luigi combo. Mario 3D World. Windwaker HD. Pikmon 3. Other stuff you might want to trade that;s exclusive to the system! Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil PS4. Will consider all offers.

Have:

An HP Touchpad with case, in very good condition though it did suffer the crack issue near the speakers that they were notorious for. Has Android loaded and has been gently used its entire life. Includes charger and case. I simply don't use it enough and it deserves a good home!

3DS:

Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario 3D Land (cart only)
Pokemon X
Pilotwings Resort
Star Fox 64
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart
Fire Emblem Awakening

PS4:
Destiny
Killzone Shadowfall
Need for Speed Rivals

Iphone 4S (Verizon) includes accessories of: car charger, bluetooth headset, vehicle mount, leather case, and various others.

PS3:

Sly HD Collection like new
God of War Collection sealed
Resistance: FoM

Handhelds:

Blue DSi with accesories

Steam Gifts:

Forge
Just Cause
Hero Academy
Faerie Solitaire
Worms
Civilization 4

Steam codes for: Titan Quest, Puzzle Agent 2, Zen Bound 2, Dawn of War II, Humble Klei Bundle Games, Humble Bundle 8

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls for PC, new sealed

Misc:

Diablo 3 Collector's Edition: code used but everything else pristine condition

Persona 3 FES for PS2

2 copies of Lord of the Rings trilogy on Bluray new and sealed (non-extended)

2 sets of the Cards Against Humanity Limited release Xmas Expansion

A sealed copy of the Summoner Wars Master Set

Scoobert

Positive feedback for WarpathDC and Rrang129.

Everything was fast and super smooth. Would definitely buy from again! Thank you guys.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
WTS:

x3 Amazon Fire TVs (complete) $45 each
x1 Amazon Fire game controller $20
x1 Sony Gold Wireless headset (complete w/ dongle) $45

Please add $5 for shipping, I am GAF GOLD.
Please PM me if interested

mjc

WTS:

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/Mini Strategy Guide, Artbook, and Soundtrack - Open but in very good condition. $50 shipped.

Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition - Open but in very very good condition. The spell book, art cards, soundtrack, plush, and coin are included along with the game and storage box. Also throwing in the limited edition hardcover strategy guide. $230 shipped.

Dragon Quest IV DS - Sealed, in perfect condition. $50 shipped.

Mondo Studio Ghibli Record (Spirited Away version) - Sealed in very good condition $75 shipped.

I have very good feedback from selling here, if you'd like pictures of any items please let me know. PM if interested, US buyers only please.

Prezhulio

Have: call of duty advanced warfare for Xbox one (physical)
Want: call of duty advanced warfare for ps4 (digital or physical)

Pm me if interested!

I know it's an odd trade, but a bunch of friends got ps4s recently and are playing COD together.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Want To Buy - Borderlands 2 Vita Digital Code -- Willing to pay $15

$15 XBL Credit. Willing to pay $12.50

Thank you :)

SmokeMaxX

If you PM me and I don't respond within 24-48 hours, I did not receive your PM. Please PM me again! Gaf's messaging system screws up occasionally.

Selling:

US/North American Digital Credit/Subscriptions:

XBox Live Gold Subscription - (AFAIK, XBox Live Gold subs aren't region locked)
Four months: $16
Eight months: $30
Twelve months: $40
Xbox_Live_Logo.png

US XBL Credit (10% Off) - Any denomination that is a multiple of $10, $15, or $25.
0c5125b8-8bec-4fc5-9089-c4213b775fa6.jpg

PSN 1 Year Card - $40
psn.png

US Playstation PSN Credit: 10% Off - Any denomination that is a multiple of $10 or $75.
psn-card_1.png

3DS/WiiU eShop Credit: -
I sell US 3DS/WiiU eShop Credit at face value for anyone needing it (including the international users who aren't able to get it themselves). Increments of $10, $20, $35, or $50. If international, please use ppfeecalc.com with the "International" setting to calculate fees. If from the US, thefeecalculator is usually accurate. I usually have codes on me, but sometimes need to run to the store to pick more up.
Remember, Wii U Digitial Deluxe Promo ends at the end of the Month!

Buying:
Discounted Best Buy/Amazon.com/GameStop/Target/WalMart Gift Cards

I take Paypal and, upon request, other payment options. If you choose Paypal, please gift or pay fees.
NeoGAF PLATINUM! (339+ Total Positive Feedback!)

Now a neogaf platinum trader. As a thanks to the community, I will take $5 off the next 5 people who pre-order a game through me.

*20% OFF ALL NEW GAMES (including, but not limited to, pre-orders & CE's) @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com
*10% OFF ALL USED GAMES @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com
*FREE SHIPPING
*NO CATCHES[/B]

DETAILS:
>Purchased items will be mailed directly to buyer's provided address
>Non-packaged DLC/pre-order bonuses will be forwarded to buyers whenever available
>Final prices based on the inclusion of Sales Tax per Buyer's location--I PM the final purchase price immediately after Buyer provides their address
>I accept PayPal (Gift preferred, or buyer pays fees)
>I gain nothing from this program other than Reward Zone Points for each purchase.

Notable new releases this week include:
Nothing really of note

DOTD(pre-tax prices):

WEEKLY DEALS (pre-tax prices):
Sale on Vita games, the following are $11.99 before tax
The Wolf Among Us
Freedom Wars
The Walking Dead Season Two
God of War Collection
Borderlands 2
Sly Cooper Collection
Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
MLB 14 The Show

WTS:

I recent bought a vita on here from an awesome gafer but some of the games are just not for me, the following are for sale, if interested please let me know. Prices aren't set in stone, send me an offer if you think they are too high.

Earth Defense Force 3 Portable $25
Professional Baseball Spirits vita $15
Soul Sacrifice
$15

Game: Tabletop Simulator
Price: $2.50

Game: Mount Your Friends
Price: $0.80

Game: Project Zomboid Out of Stock
Price: $3

Game: Toybox Turbos Out of Stock
Price: $2.50

Accepting Paypal sent as a personal transaction (gift)
Limited quantity, first come first served.

I can see it from both sides.

As a buyer, if I see "make an offer" I assume the seller is either too lazy to research the value of the item or that the seller is trying to hide its true value from potential buyers (which is usually more than I'm willing to pay).

As a seller, I put "make an offer" so my prices don't scare off potential buyers. I also don't know how much a buyer is willing to pay: if I list it too high they likely won't bother haggling it down, and if it's too low I'm not maximizing my return on the item.

Make an Offer is great, because it puts the initial offer in the buyer's hands, and that initial offer is really where all the power lies since that person dictates the product's worth. If I were to contact a Make an Offer seller, I would absolutely low ball him (not drastically so, but definitely on the lower end of what I should be paying). That either a) might work out and be acceptable to the seller, or b) hinder his counteroffer options, since you generally don't counter with a drastically higher price. The person could also just outright refuse, which is fine, but depending on how much traffic the product is getting, and how much he wants some money, it's usually safe to assume thy'll stick around to haggle a bit.

Every time I see a seller do Make an Offer I assume they either just want to get rid of the thing, or don't know what they're doing. The only reason you should ever not attach a dollar value to something you're selling is because you really don't care that much about what you get for it.

gerudoman

WTS: the European download code for any of this 3DS games:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Yoshi’s New Island
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party: Island Tour
Pokémon Art Academy

I'm asking 18€ via PayPal gift for it. I would also trade it for a Shovel Knight (3DS version) download code. Please shoot me a PM with your offer in case I miss it.
Bump.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
WTS:

Limited Edition Halo 4 Doritos/Mountain Dew Box (signed by members of 343 and "For Display Purposes Only") - $250 SOLD

Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit Trilogy Edition
(used, in great condition. Includes all pieces) - $8 + shipping

Foodie Fight: A Trivia Game for Serious Food Lovers
(used, in great condition. Includes all pieces) - $6 + shipping

Tangoes Puzzle Game
(used, in good condition. Box/sheath is worn. Includes all pieces) - $4 + shipping

Sahara (Fullscreen) DVD - $1 + shipping
Hidalgo (Fullscreen) DVD - $1 + shipping
Transformers Two Disc Special Edition DVD - $2 + shipping
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Widescreen) DVD - $2 + shipping
Heroes Season One DVD (great condition) - $5 + shipping
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Four-Disc Special Extended Edition) DVD - $10 + shipping

Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball (mass market paperback) - $1.50 + shipping

Sam & Max: Season One for Wii (used but in great condition) - $9 + shipping
Wii Fit with Balance Board (used but in great condition) - $40 + shipping

1 leather (?) Hollister men's belt - $10 + shipping
1 cloth American Eagle men's double holed belt - $10 + shipping

Bionicle: Orkham (Includes all pieces) - $2 + shipping
Bionicle: Tehutti (Includes all pieces) - $2 + shipping
Bionicle: Bomonga (Includes all pieces) - $2 + shipping
Bionicle: Nidhiki (Missing a few small pieces) - $8 + shipping

I can show pictures for any of these items upon request.

~

The Sims: Vacation expansion pack for PC
The Sims: Unleashed expansion pack for PC
The Sims: Hot Date expansion pack for PC
Bicycle Games Board for PC
IBM Crayola Magic 3D Coloring Book for PC
Carnivores 2 for PC
Carnivores Ice Age for PC
Tomb Raider III for PC
Tomb Raider The Lost Artifact for PC
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace for PC
MotoGP 06 for Xbox 360

Pictures

Any/all of the games are free, you just pay the shipping!

Salex_

I have a $10 off a purchase of $50 or more Amazon promotion code that expires at 12/22/2014, 11:59 p.m. PST.

If someone was planning on buying something from Amazon today, can we trade the code for a $5 e-gift card from Best Buy? Or $5 via PayPal.

Friendly suggestion or comments should say.

Why would I buy a code for $10 off for $10 when I can just pay for it normally?

Wanted to see if no one minded taking a second to switch codes. I'll just ask for $5.

I got some digital movie codes for sale. Asking $3.50 each (unless noted). All are UltraViolet codes unless noted:

007 Skyfall
American Pie*
Batman Begins*
Casper
Cloud Atlas
Djando Unchained
Dragon Tattoo*
Dredd*
Horrible Bosses*
Inception (iTunes) - $2.50
Last Stand (iTunes + UV)
Lawless
Looper
Man of Steel
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol*
Pacific Rim
Prometheus*
Rick & Morty: Season 1 - $15
The Amazing Spiderman*
The Big Lebowski*
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight*
The Fast and the Furious
The Great Gatsby
The Raid (Unrated + R edition)
The Wolverine
Total Recall
Transformers: Age of Extinction

*Code is past expiration date but I was able to verify that they are still valid and working.

Also Steam gifts:

7 Days to Die - $10
TF2 Mann Co. Supply Crate Key x5 - $2.40 each (or trade me a game :eek:)

Asking for PayPal (family/friends payment or you pay fees)

WANTS:
PayPal
Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX (JPN) for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom