• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California Funds First Prisoner Sex-Reassignment Surgery and Move to Women's Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

You keep on belittling our essential care as a luxury/elective/cosmetic despite us constantly pointing out the facts to you. And you keep on purposefully misgenering despite being corrected. It couldn't be anymore obvious how transphobic you're being here.

Quite the opposite pal, but whatever makes you sleep at night. As I have stated, I have nothing against free people getting a surgery that will make their lives better. If I am misgenering it's because I am speaking in generalizations because that free person could be a he or a she. Last time I looked there are operations for both.

MUnited83

For you.
They had basic human rights before they killed someone in cold blood. They deserve 3 hot meals, a cot and a clean living environment and medical necessary care.
You still don't fucking u derstand what human rights means I see.

Mind you that your shitty ass bloodthirsty revenge wet dream you like to spout about is well known, with actual fucking facts, to be a overall blight in society. It's attitudes like your that makes the prisonal system in the us a shitty fucking system, with overcrowded prisons, crime still high as shitty, high as hell reoffending rates.

Yet countries that treat prisoners like actual humans have a lot less of a reoffending rate, much lower crime, and can rehabilitate people to be productive members of society again.

But you don't care about facts.

rambis

Banned
I'm not trying to do anything of the sort, I just don't understand why you draw the line at this procedure. I want a system that treats every inmates medical needs properly, not just some.

And it's not matter of offence, it's a matter of fact. SRS is a vital medical procedure that is supported by science and medical consensus. It doesn't matter what your feelings are on it.

Even if its "vital", it doesn't represent the same level of complication as say heart issues or cancer treatment for instance. Again there's no line being drawn. If every other prisoner that had more serious medical complications were treated properly you wouldnt see a post from me. But thats not the case....

If the story was Prisoners all being given iphone 7s to facetime people you would see similar complaints . Stop trying to make this a trans which. This story just happens to involve someone getting a surgery related to transhealth.

WipedOut

You still don't fucking u derstand what human rights means I see.

Mind you that your shitty ass bloodthirsty revenge wet dream you like to spout about is well known, with actual fucking facts, to be a overall blight in society. It's attitudes like your that makes the prisonal system in the us a shitty fucking system, with overcrowded prisons, crime still high as shitty, high as hell reoffending rates.

Yet countries that treat prisoners like actual humans have a lot less of a reoffending rate, much lower crime, and can rehabilitate people to be productive members of society again.

But you don't care about facts.

Or it could be you know the several horrible people in this world committing crimes that create the overcrowding. Here is a novel Idea, don't commit a crime.

I think it is quite hypocritcal the amount of hate you have for someone who shares a different opinion that yourself. You don't see me blasting you for defending the person or saying you're a shitty person for defending them.

MUnited83

For you.
Or it could be you know the several horrible people in this world committing crimes that create the overcrowding. Here is a novel Idea, don't commit a crime.
Here is a novel idea: do some motherfucking research before you spout absolute bullshit.

You also don't "have a different opinion". You are factually 100% wrong, I'm only correcting you. You don't get to tell me 2+2=67 and justify it with "well it's my opinion, pls respect it hurr Durr"

Ms.Galaxy

Even if its "vital", it doesn't represent the same level of complication as say heart issues or cancer treatment for instance. Again there's no line being drawn. If every other prisoner that had more serious medical complications were treated properly you wouldnt see a post from me. But thats not the case....

Jane Doe v. Diana M. Bonta (Writ of Mandate in Superior Court of the State of California – 2001) held that Medi-Cal (state insurance for low income people) cannot categorically deny treatment to transgender people, must treat each individual case on a case by case basis, and cannot deny medically necessary procedures, which include sex reassignment surgery (SRS) and hormone treatment. Thus Medi-Cal is now covering SRS. Further, J.D. v. Lackner (80 Cal. App. 3d 90, 1978) and J.D v. Lackner (80 Cal. App. 3d 64, 1978) hold that SRS is medically necessary.

In the state of California, it's considered medically necessary, or "vital" as you would put it. Whether you like it or not, it is inhumane and against her rights as a prisoner to be denied medical treatment such as SRS.

Beefy

Things will be different when mental health is seen as being important, until then you will get overcrowding. Not everyone in prison is pure evil.

Ekai

Quite the opposite pal, but whatever makes you sleep at night. As I have stated, I have nothing against free people getting a surgery that will make their lives better. If I am misgenering it's because I am speaking in generalizations because that free person could be a he or a she. Last time I looked there are operations for both.

Your own fucking words, you neanderthal:

So real talk, Why does he need elective surgery again?

It's not the fucking opposite. It's the cold hard fucking truth. You keep on insulting us and calling our essential care elective. And you keep on misgendering. I see what you fucking did. You capitalized the He in this post long after the fact as though that somehow fucking changes anything. We saw your original post. Hell, changing the he to a capitalized He doesn't fucking change that you continually call our essential healthcare an elective and unnecessary procedure. It is so damn obvious you are doing that on purpose as you have been continually corrected on the matter time and time again.

You're an intellectually disingenuous pos (not that that wasn't already obvious since you claim we support murderers) , I'm surprised you haven't been banned already.

MsVirion

Banned
I'm just curious why, despite medical science disagreeing, and trans individuals explaining that - that so many opposed to this keep suggesting this isn't necessary care. Going so far as in some cases to describe it as merely cosmetic.

This is where many of us are seeing a transphobic undercurrent, even if it isn't meant.

Heroman

Banned

I think it is quite hypocritcal the amount of hate you have for someone who shares a different opinion that yourself. You don't see me blasting you for defending the person or saying you're a shitty person for defending them.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Chococat

You want to raise the healthcare standards for prisoners? raise the healthcare standards for everyone else first, then we can pay for this murderer's surgery

It won't happen, raising healthcare standard that is. Did you not pay attention to the election? Free people don't want better healthcare for everyone. They only want it for themselves on the cheap.

You don't want a cent of your taxpayer money going to this surgery? Guess what, nobody wants to lend a cent to your having health care either. People have already judged that you are not worth helping. Money in their pocket not going to taxes is worth more to them than your life.

Prisoner get basic human rights cause they legally have to provide it. Free people don't get those same right because American truly do not care about each other. It is everyone for themselves.

Attacking prisons who do human right correctly will do absolutely nothing to get the rest of us health care. You need to go after your fellow citizens, your Statesmen, your Governors, your Congress critters, and your President. They are the one's who are stopping all of us from having affordable and comprehensive healthcare.

How? please elaborate how we are going to allow a Murderer who is serving a life sentence for klilling someone in cold blood from soaking up tax payer money that could be going to more productive resources.

Because the money comes from the California Department of Corrections healthcare budget. It's not coming from anywhere else

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm just curious why, despite medical science disagreeing, and trans individuals explaining that - that so many opposed to this keep suggesting this isn't necessary care. Going so far as in some cases to describe it as merely cosmetic.

This is where many of us are seeing a transphobic undercurrent, even if it isn't meant.
This.

WipedOut

Your own fucking words, you neanderthal:

It's not the fucking opposite. It's the cold hard fucking truth. You keep on insulting us and calling our essential care elective. And you keep on misgendering. I see what you fucking did. You capitalized the He in this post long after the fact as though that somehow fucking changes anything. We saw your original post. Hell, changing the he to a capitalized He doesn't fucking change that you continually call our essential healthcare an elective and unnecessary procedure. It is so damn obvious you are doing that on purpose as you have been continually corrected on the matter time and time again.

You're an intellectually disingenuous pos (not that that wasn't already obvious since you claim we support murderers) , I'm surprised you haven't been banned already.

Probably because I'm sitting here trying to have a civilized discussion and not lambasting someone becasue they differ in opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Big Blue

Because the money comes from the California Department of Corrections healthcare budget. It's not coming from anywhere else

I don't know if you know how taxes work, but where do you think that revenue is coming from? How do you think budgets are increased or decreased?

But that makes no sense, so because prisoner X isn't getting proper treatment then neither should prisoner Y? So you should just not treat anybody until everything is running completely fine? That's nonsense.

If the story was Prisoners all being given iphone 7s to facetime people you would see similar complaints . Stop trying to make this a trans which. This story just happens to involve someone getting a surgery related to transhealth.[/QUOTE]Did you seriously compare SRS to getting a fucking iPhone?

I don't know if you know how taxes work, but where do you think that revenue is coming from?

So how do you want it to work? Every time a trans inmate requests GRS we transfer 20k out of the California Department of Corrections healthcare budget and put it somewhere else?

Nepenthe

Probably because I'm sitting here trying to have a civilized discussion and not lambasting someone becasue they differ in opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

You're not getting lambasted because you have a different opinion. You're getting lambasted because you have a harmful opinion predicated on an ignorance of the legal system, and keep throwing misgendering on top of it. Don't try to position yourself as the "civilized" party here.

Heroman

Banned
Cause when you say stuff like this

It is incredibly hard to take you seriously

Surprised he's allowed to insult you like that. I thought hateful attacks like that were a big no no here?

Ekai

You aren't trying to have a civilized discussion. You quite literally have purposefully insulted us and continually called our essential healthcare trivial/an elective/a luxury/etc. etc. etc. in the face of the facts that we present/medical professional opinion.

That you don't even respond to proof that you're such a disingenuous slimeball immediately after you arrogantly had the nerve to say you aren't doing what you quite literally are doing and dare have the gal to say that you "merely want discussion" is just further proof of how intellectually dishonest you are. You don't want discussion.You don't want to engage. That is obvious. If you did, you would have engaged with the facts that contradict your transphobic arguments oh so long ago. Rather than continue to insult our essential health care and then deny you did while you actually fucking did.

MUnited83

For you.
You are factually wrong. How do you expect people to engage with you in a proper discussion when you try to argue time and time again that 2+2=67? All we can say is that you're shitty at math.

rambis

Banned
Jane Doe v. Diana M. Bonta (Writ of Mandate in Superior Court of the State of California – 2001) held that Medi-Cal (state insurance for low income people) cannot categorically deny treatment to transgender people, must treat each individual case on a case by case basis, and cannot deny medically necessary procedures, which include sex reassignment surgery (SRS) and hormone treatment. Thus Medi-Cal is now covering SRS. Further, J.D. v. Lackner (80 Cal. App. 3d 90, 1978) and J.D v. Lackner (80 Cal. App. 3d 64, 1978) hold that SRS is medically necessary.

In the state of California, it's considered medically necessary, or "vital" as you would put it. Whether you like it or not, it is inhumane and against her rights as a prisoner to be denied medical treatment such as SRS.
I've already acknowledged that it may be vital. Did you read what you quoted?
But that makes no sense, so because prisoner X isn't getting proper treatment then neither should prisoner Y? So you should just not treat anybody until everything is running completely fine? That's nonsense.

If the story was Prisoners all being given iphone 7s to facetime people you would see similar complaints . Stop trying to make this a trans which. This story just happens to involve someone getting a surgery related to transhealth.
Did you seriously compare SRS to getting a fucking iPhone?[/QUOTE]

You are trying way too hard here. I've said nothing like this. I think im done with you. Ciao.

The question I quoted was "how does this affect me at all?" That's how it affects people, taxes, because It's state funded.

Stanley.gif

So..you're touched. The fuck does me PERSONALLY have to do with your fucking taxpayers? You quoted me and are gonna tell me what I meant? Geezuz..don't answer..done with this game..

WipedOut

You aren't trying to have a civilized discussion. You quite literally have purposefully insulted us and continually called our essential healthcare trivial/an elective/a luxury/etc. etc. etc. in the face of the facts that we present/medical professional opinion.

That you don't even respond to proof that you're such a disingenuous slimeball immediately after you arrogantly had the nerve to say you aren't doing what you quite literally are doing and dare have the gal to say that you "merely want discussion" is just further proof of how intellectually dishonest you are. You don't want discussion.You don't want to engage. That is obvious. If you did, you would have engaged with the facts that contradict your transphobic arguments oh so long ago. Rather than continue to insult our essential health care and then deny you did while you actually fucking did.

I will take this as a personal attack thank you.

Again, sitting here voicing my opinion, yet you still feel the need to call me a slimeball.

Ms.Galaxy

I've already acknowledged that it may be vital. Did you read what you quoted?

Yes, but my head is killing me and I'm under some heavy sedatives, so please forgive me for not reading it correctly. Still, I'd also like to bring it up for others to see.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

They're not defending the person. You know this. So your argument is in bad faith and dishonest.

Ekai

Oh get out of here you troll. How you haven't been banned yet is so fascinating to me.

You aren't voicing an opinion. You know exactly what you're doing and you constantly repeat your intellectually devoid transphobic nonsense in the face of facts.

Par Score

No, you're sitting there trying to tart up your transphobia in pretty words and suggesting what you are saying is in any way a valid, useful, or legitimate opinion worth listening to.

The first thing you posted in this thread was:

026b694bcc6de5a97bb79bc24d205022.jpg

Save the tax payers some money and hire this guy.

The second, third, fourth and fifth things you posted were all insisting this was an elective procedure while misgendering, and no matter how many times you are corrected you persist.

Let me be very clear: You are sharing your uninformed transphobic opinions repeatedly, and being corrected with facts repeatedly. There is no meeting of the minds here, there is an attempt to educate your transphobic ass by people with the patience of saints.

I don't know why people are even bothering with you.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The fuck does me PERSONALLY have to do with your fucking taxpayers?

They're not my taxpayers, they're me and you and the people in this thread.

You quoted me and are gonna tell me what I meant?

Just using reading comprehension. I guess I can quote a post you make that says "I have a cat" and you actually mean "dragons aren't real"

And I agree, this is dumb.

Ekai

No, you're sitting their trying to tart up your transphobia in pretty words and suggesting what you are saying is in any way a valid, useful, or legitimate opinion worth listening to.

The first thing you posted in this thread was:

The second, third, fourth and fifth things you posted were all insisting this was an elective procedure, and no matter how many times you are corrected you persist.

Let me be very clear: You are sharing your uninformed transphobic opinions repeatedly, and being corrected with facts repeatedly. There is no meeting of the minds here, there is an attempt to educate your transphobic ass by people with the patience of saints.

I don't know why people are even bothering with you.

They're going to say that you are insulting them personally, I am sure. Facts be damned about their posting habits. It's so obvious what WipedOut is doing here.

Nepenthe

Again, sitting here voicing my opinion, yet you still feel the need to call me a slimeball.

"I think all blacks should be lynched."
"Wow, you're a slimeball."
"Why am I getting attacked for my opinion?"

You're not the good guy in this thread right now.

Big Blue

So how do you want it to work? Every time a trans inmate requests GRS we transfer 20k out of the California Department of Corrections healthcare budget and put it somewhere else?

No, have a general reallocation of funds prioritizing something else besides the exorbitant costs of healthcare for convicted murderers. That goes for trans and cis inmates. Sounds like you need to take a government class or assuming you're not American, read about it before challenging someone about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom