• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

By the way, I looked through Day 4 and I couldn't find any evidence that somebody had been turned insane. I seem to recall everyone posting at least once, so I'm guessing we might be looking at a different reason for the no-town-kill.

Anyway, give everyone else time, it's only been 3 hours since we started again!

I think LoC tried to block me. Getting rid of the cult kill seems somewhat okay as a consequence.

That, or we had a roleblocker

nin1000

Banned
Well, came now home from work to see this huge post from hyper even though i wanted to reveal myself before that so here we go.

I am a Insane Drunk
i can visit one person every night in order to role block them.
its the same role Lord of Castamere had with the only difference that i am sided with the village. Even though its kind of dumb since i dont know who mafia or who town is, so in the end i can be more harmful for town :(

Here is my list on who i visited each night.

N1:Darryll
N2:Timeasis
N3:Flame_AC
N4:Ultron87
N5:Jonnyquicknives

As you might have guessed right now i had the book but never used it as i was already insane and did not want to risk my life in order to just role block someone or send messages.

RetroMG

I think I missed your reasoning for this. Why would LoC blocking you end up with him dead?

LoC's role mentioned consequences if he tried to block certain players. Hyper's role is that he falls asleep and watches people while he dreams. LoC's role put people to sleep. Stands to reason that those two would collide.

Well, came now home from work to see this huge post from hyper even though i wanted to reveal myself before that so here we go.

I am a Insane Drunk
i can visit one person every night in order to role block them.
its the same role Lord of Castamere had with the only difference that i am sided with the village. Even though its kind of dumb since i dont know who mafia or who town is, so in the end i can be more harmful for town :(

Here is my list on who i visited each night.

N1:Darryll
N2:Timeasis
N3:Flame_AC
N4:Ultron87
N5:Jonnyquicknives

As you might have guessed right now i had the book but never used it as i was already insane and did not want to risk my life in order to just role block someone or send messages.

So you're saying you can be recruited?

What's the drunk part have to do with it?

And you're saying yu role block by putting people to sleep?

Good morning, everyone. I trust everyone slept well last night?

Regarding the unfortunate passing of Mr. Ultron last night, I have a theory that may end up being quite prescient. While it's now apparent to us that the deceased deceived us about his role in order to secure the element of surprise on a prospective target, it's possible that whoever offed him was paranoid that he still had more kill moves left and thus moved to eliminate their potential assailant posthaste. Was there anyone who seemed to get aggressive after the departed revealed his role? If I were the killer, I would have attempted to raise dissent about Mr. Ultron's role, in order to get him either to divulge the truth or even start a lynch to get rid of the problem while keeping the night kill for someone else.

I think I missed your reasoning for this. Why would LoC blocking you end up with him dead?

No, I'm saying I think the consequences mentioned in LoC's role might have been that the cult lost their kill that night. It seems unlikely, but it's a possibility

Ultron probably killed LoC himself

nin1000

Banned
So you're saying you can be recruited?

What's the drunk part have to do with it?

And you're saying yu role block by putting people to sleep?

Yes, i can be recruited since i was insane from the getgo
and yes since i am a drunk i get to visit someone at night and drink with them.
Its more of a cosmetic thing to say that you can block someone.

Good morning, everyone. I trust everyone slept well last night?

Regarding the unfortunate passing of Mr. Ultron last night, I have a theory that may end up being quite prescient. While it's now apparent to us that the deceased deceived us about his role in order to secure the element of surprise on a prospective target, it's possible that whoever offed him was paranoid that he still had more kill moves left and thus moved to eliminate their potential assailant posthaste. Was there anyone who seemed to get aggressive after the departed revealed his role? If I were the killer, I would have attempted to raise dissent about Mr. Ultron's role, in order to get him either to divulge the truth or even start a lynch to get rid of the problem while keeping the night kill for someone else.

People brought questions up, me included, but everything was shut down when he mentioned he had no real reason to lie (except he did, and it helped us)

Cult ended up paranoid that their might be some other killer, maybe thought he had more bullets than he did, and wasted a kill on him

It is an interesting avenue to go down though, I'll look into it

Yes, i can be recruited since i was insane from the getgo
and yes since i am a drunk i get to visit someone at night and drink with them.
Its more of a cosmetic thing to say that you can block someone.

How would a drunkard know how to get to people? That seems like it would be more of a random thing

What happens if you role block a cultist?

Also, do we know who, if anyone, was turned insane on the second or third days? It would be rather beneficial if we could establish a pattern for this kind of thing.

nin1000

Banned
How would a drunkard know how to get to people? That seems like it would be more of a random thing

What happens if you role block a cultist?

I get to block people , it does not matter if they are town or cult.
I wont die by blocking a cult member if you are referring to that.
If i target someone it does not matter if this person is cult or town.
That what makes this role almost Anti-Town since i dont know who i block

It may be beneficial to town for anybody I missed to reveal themselves or after I'm dead and my role has been confirmed (I'm so dead tonight, I'm sorry to say that these are probably my last days with you all)

Also, do we know who, if anyone, was turned insane on the second or third days? It would be rather beneficial if we could establish a pattern for this kind of thing.

Cult had no kill 2nd day

Droplet

I should probably mention that Rats hasn't answered a single one of my questions about being insane, so I imagine insane people can't talk about their own insanity. It's possible that previously insane people can't talk about it either.

So then who did you block?

nin1000

Banned
The thing is i dont think i will survive this day after all since even if you dont lynch me , the cult knows that i am recruitable and will either kill or recruit me now.

Droplet

Wait I don't get it, are you saying you randomly visit someone each night and block them? And then you get a notification as to who you blocked?

Do you mean you don't choose who to block?

Nah, I was asking, since you can be recruited by cultists, if you block an action that would recruit you, what happens?

In any case, since you're at the very least insane and therefore recruitable, I think that it's best to lynch you today, because the cult, if you're not the cultist, now knows this (I now doubt you're cult. A possible cult recruit is the worst possible thing a cult member could claim)

nin1000

Banned
Wait I don't get it, are you saying you randomly visit someone each night and block them? And then you get a notification as to who you blocked?

I get to chose who to block, even though i am a Drunk i am still able to chose who i visit each night.

I call bs on this role call. Why in the world would a moderator make a role aligned with the Tourists but be more anti-town than pro? That doesn't make sense. At all.

Also, I thought you could visit without having to block is what you made it sound like to me. That's why I asked who you actually blocked.

Insane Drunk. Huh.

Why are you guys stating you're insane? If there is someone who can still recruit than you just made this so much easier for them...ugh.

nin1000

Banned
Do you mean you don't choose who to block?

Nah, I was asking, since you can be recruited by cultists, if you block an action that would recruit you, what happens?

I dont know , since i am still not with the cult i guess that means either that
1. I never was targetet by the cult to be recruited
or
2. I can block someone from recruiting me

And what i mean by this role being almost anti town is that since we dont know who is who at the beginning i can also by mistake block a doctor or a cop from doing their work.

nin1000

Banned
I call bs on this role call. Why in the world would a moderator make a role aligned with the Tourists but be more anti-town than pro? That doesn't make sense. At all.
Welcome to Cthulu world

Also, I thought you could visit without having to block is what you made it sound like to me. That's why I asked who you actually blocked.
I dont know who i succesfully blocked since i dont get a message for that

Insane Drunk. Huh.

Why are you guys stating you're insane? If there is someone who can still recruit than you just made this so much easier for them...ugh.

That's just the nature of a role blocker in general. This isn't what I'm concerned about

Whether nin1000 is lying or telling the truth, we need to lynch him today. He's at the very least an insane person who told us he was insane (which is a good thing, I'm glad he did it) and at worst a cultist

Lynching him today is a win win

Although don't majority him,let's use every single one of these next days to get information out of people

nin why did you tell us you were recruitable? Now we have to kill you. You could have just said you were a drunk. :|

Presumably because he's still town

It helps town AND he probably (and is right on this note, SCUM) thinks town is winning right now and that he wants to be on the winning side

Now that we know who we're lynching today, we might as well look to the future

Retro, I know you said revealing yourself would derail today, but, given that I'm likely going to die tonight, will you reveal yourself tomorrow?

RetroMG

Now that we know who we're lynching today, we might as well look to the future

Retro, I know you said revealing yourself would derail today, but, given that I'm likely going to die tonight, will you reveal yourself tomorrow?

I am not going to promise that. Has nothing to do with you being dead or alive, since I don't have a night action. We are so close to the end, and I don't want to derail the group further, especially now that we HAVE to lynch Nin tonight.

I'm going to ask you all to trust me when I say that I am one of you. If the group as a whole wants to lynch me rather than trust me, I'll reveal before I go. TBH, the only reason I said as much as I did was because I thought Flame had the means to lead a vote against me.

I am not going to promise that. Has nothing to do with you being dead or alive, since I don't have a night action. We are so close to the end, and I don't want to derail the group further, especially now that we HAVE to lynch Nin tonight.

I'm going to ask you all to trust me when I say that I am one of you. If the group as a whole wants to lynch me rather than trust me, I'll reveal before I go. TBH, the only reason I said as much as I did was because I thought Flame had the means to lead a vote against me.

No, I'm glad you did

Especially with the revelation that ROTY and Droplet were lovers, me following ROTY and then making my big claim wouldn't have been enough. I wouldn't have felt like there was enough ifnormation
Especially once Flame_AC was revealed to only be an ordinary tourist

Droplet

Oh yeah, and now you guys know why Rats and I spent the last day phase trying to get on Flame's good side. I mean, as good a side as we could.

How

We're eliminating a possible cult member

This is pretty great

Vs having the cult gain a roleblocker

We're being forced to waste our lynch on someone that cult probably wasn't going to go after at night anyway.

All the more reason to investigate Day 3, then. Obviously the cult couldn't target their own, so it's likely that whoever was picked that day got affected by the mind blight and is therefore definitely not a memeber of the cult.

Wouldn't really help.

Cthulhu called the shots then.

We have a new Cult.

Oh yeah, and now you guys know why Rats and I spent the last day phase trying to get on Flame's good side. I mean, as good a side as we could.

We're being forced to waste our lynch on someone that cult probably wasn't going to go after at night anyway.

How

It helps so much. We're eliminating something that could've made the cult much stronger

I'm assuming the lovers have their own forum to talk in, right?

Would it hurt us for the book holder to reveal themselves? Because I'd like to hear from them

Droplet

How

It helps so much. We're eliminating something that could've made the cult much stronger

Because I don't think given a choice, the killer would actually go after nin, unless they were that afraid he would manage to guess them. We'd also have had a better chance of hitting the killer today if they weren't able to hide behind the fact that we're inevitably going to kill nin. Now we can only speculate, but whoever's left has no pressure on them. We're effectively being forced to cut our own ranks, and we probably won't get any new information off of it.

Anyway, whatever, that's neither here nor there. I don't really know what to do for the rest of the day, so somebody can think of something.

And yes, we have our own forum to talk in. No, it probably wouldn't hurt for book holders to reveal themselves, since they didn't target me last night.

Top Bottom