• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Droplet

I'm so confused.

I hope you're not cult, because we could have actually had some interesting results tonight if you were.

This hurts and blargonaut being even more spammy didn't. I don't fucking believe it

Just in case I'm voting for anyone

Unvote

Nin is easy meat, him having a partner and figuring out who it is is the hard part

I'm sort of glad nin pointed out a hole in my theories

Blarg had a method.

I know, because I saw it.

nin, just, what the fuck.

It doesn't matter if he's lying or telling the truth. This Nin-Thing needs to be dealt with tonight or else we're all going to suffer the concequences.

Yup, I'm going to bed.

VOTE: Nin1000

I think he's going to flip drunk but I also think that he's decided he'd rather just fuck with us and the odds of him deciding it would be funny to roleblock us are too high.

Droplet

Day 6 ends:
t1441998000z0.png

With 9 players remaining 6 votes are needed to end the day early.

Droplet

Sorry guys, I think I might have hit the final nail in the coffin. I really don't want us to keep cooking up scenarios in this confusion, but if I just ended up killing someone before they got to say their piece, I am so sorry.

RetroMG

Yeah, I should've taken better into account the possibility that nin would be like this

Ehh.. Nin's been off the wall before, but this is a new record. My personal theory is that he really was messing with us, then went whole hog on the Alien thing when we called him out, but there's really no way to trust him now.

Sorry guys, I think I might have hit the final nail in the coffin. I really don't want us to keep cooking up scenarios in this confusion, but if I just ended up killing someone before they got to say their piece, I am so sorry.

Nope, just counted

You were 5th, so we were way too close for comfort, but otherwise we were fine

I think we should lynch nin, otherwise we won't be able to safely narrow down who we can be sure is tourist or cultist

Here are the people I trust to be town, and, as I understand, everyone else does too

Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
Hyperactivity

Great Charleston is, for now, probably tourist, due to the book (if the book truly can only come into your hands while you're still toursit), but we can't truly be sure

I think Scrafty is more likely than not tourist, but she's on the list of people that we need to confirm

Then here are the uncertains

RetroMg
johnnyquicknives
TheWorthyEdge

And then there's nin1000

So, assuming a nin lynch while he has a partner
-Cultist kill me tonight
-Cultist kill Great Charleston tonight
-Cultist kill lovers tonight
-GreatCharleston blocks the killer, we win

Tomorrow, we will have 6-7 players and 1-2 cleared

Our goal here is to create a group of players that will always vote together, like lovers. The lovers are going to vote together in the end game, that's just how it is. We need to do the same. Make a trusted group of players.

However, we also want to get rid of as much uncertainty as possible. Swing as many votes as possible to our side. That means being smart about one more x-factor in this whole thing: the double vote. This will come down to a tourist

During a later part of the game, we may want to just no lynch to let the cultist trim down our numbers just a little more.

So tomorrow, GC, the lovers, and I (or the two that survive the night) will make a group of two trusted players, alongside the 1 or 2 players we clear that night.

Basically 3-4 trusted players out of 6/7. At this point, we can lynch someone who's not on the list, we have pretty good odds to strike true here.

This is the point where things like smart reads, analysis of certain characters play, etc. should come into play. I also think that, at this point, everyone should reveal everything. EVERYTHING. I'm mainly looking at you RetroMG. I'll leave it alone for a night or two, but you guys, if I die, can't just let him off the hook from not saying what he is tomorrow/the day after

Book user tomorrow, sorry to say, but I don't think the short message would be that useful (you might actually confuse at that point becaus you would be night active). Save that double vote, either the next or the one who posses the book after the next book user will have need of it

RetroMG

Book user tomorrow, sorry to say, but I don't think the short message would be that useful (you might actually confuse at that point becaus you would be night active). Save that double vote, either the next or the one who posses the book after the next book user will have need of it

I can see a use for the message, but it's pretty specific, and I can't play that hand yet.

If it's safe for me to reveal tomorrow, I will do so.

Mr. Retro's definitely not cult, I'm definitely not cult, and Mr. Charleston's likely not cult, so all that leaves is Misters Nin, QuicKnives and Edge as our remaining candidates. They should be the main point of contention for the moment, and if there is still doubt of my innocence then I'd suggest Mr. Hyperactivity monitor me tonight to put this silly discourse to rest once and for all.

That night, should we not lynch the cultist, the cultist will strike within that group of trusted players, either at me, to prevent me from clearing any others, or the lovers, to eliminate two at once

Although it may be different, I'm suspecting a 4 player day 8 is the most probable situation to get. I'll make a plan for a 5 player day 8 too.

B. Plan B- Do a no lynch that day. That night, the cultist will again strike within the trusted group, although by the number of it it actually doesn't make day 9 any different from day 8. The trusted player wills till have to choose between two.

Except there's something different.

This plan gambles on the idea that the book remains with town. You guys MUST conserve bits and pieces of the flavor for this. Because if the book truly does remain with tourist, the current book holder and last turn's book holder/Great Charleston will be able to recognize each other.

CONSERVE THE BITS AND PIECES YOU GUYS CAN USE TO IDENTIFY EACH OTHER HERE

BOOK USER TOMORROW, WE DO NOT NEED TO FIND YOU OR KNOW YOU

Because that means the old book user should be able to find the new book user.

Old book user on a 3 player day 9, I beg you. Don't believe either of them until they give you multiple different proofs as to why they're the current book holder. Wait till the end here. Because this could be a win scenario here.

By the nature of the game, the only way we could be sure a book user wouldn't survive this long is if they let me get that far, which is retarded on the cult's part, because I have a night action to narrow things down.If they let things get that far, then I can

A. reevaluate from there for myself
B. come up with a mix of night actions so that the book user doesn't do anything.

However, keeping me alive will definitely spell certain doom for the cult, I'll just find them out

RetroMG

Okay, hell with it. Let's put it all out there.

I'm an Insane Tourist. I have not been taken by the cult. The one fib in my original roleclaim was that the cult wouldn't like what would happen if they came after me. (Which is true, from a certain point of view. They would recruit me, and I've been playing horribly this whole game.

I actually was going to come out earlier in the day, (before Nin claimed) but I worried that with both Nin and I surviving, it would cause all kinds of confusion. Now, since we are going to kill Nin, if there is not a night kill, you can safely assume that I have been turned, and kill me. (This assumes that GC doesn't block the mafia. I don't know how we get around that.)

I've been playing low because I didn't want to be caught. This role sucks. On the first day or two I tried to hint at the cult where I was, then when I realized that there were more of us than just me, I played low and tried to keep from being recruited.

The good news is that now the cult should be reluctant to take me, because I will probably just die anyway. I was debating whether or not to tell you, but ultimately, I think the cult must have figured it out by now. (I've hardly been subtle.)

Oh, and this is why I kept badgering you about taking potential new recruits into account in your plan, Hyper. And why I didn't want to be roleblocked. I wanted to be sure that as many people who could recruit me were blocked as possible.

RetroMG

Johnny or Scrafty would be a better target. I'm telling you, I don't have a night action. Hyper can watch me if he wants.

You wanted it on the table. I've been saying for days that there was a reason that I wasn't fully roleclaiming.

Just glad you did it now

I'm missing something, there must be some super old vote for nin that's still there.

Anyways, possible parting words here

Stick to the plan

RetroMG

Just glad you did it now

I'm missing something, there must be some super old vote for nin that's still there.

Anyways, possible parting words here

Stick to the plan

Will do. This isn't insumountable.

Oh, and the old vote was TWE from the beginning of the day.

OK, Za, I'm shutting up now.

Sorian

Banned
Pretty sure this is the 6th and therefore final vote.

Results will revealed in a few hours probably.

I don't want to step on too many toes but discussion may continue. That vote was the 5th for Nin, a majority of 6 was never reached, any mod may come and verify if they'd like but the day continues.

I don't want to step on too many toes but discussion may continue. That vote was the 5th for Nin, a majority of 6 was never reached, any mod may come and verify if they'd like but the day continues.

Yup, just recounted, cause I had the same thoughts as you. TWE has voted for nin since like the 3rd page of this day, making it 6

Sorian

Banned
I see where my issue was, I thought this stray unvote took one off of Nin:

This hurts and blargonaut being even more spammy didn't. I don't fucking believe it

Just in case I'm voting for anyone

Unvote

Nin is easy meat, him having a partner and figuring out who it is is the hard part

I'm sort of glad nin pointed out a hole in my theories

It did not, carry on with the death march. Sorry Traube.

nin1000

Banned
Awwwwww come on! I go to sleep and you turbo on me? What the hell guys! : I
Well at least it was a pleasure and a lot of fun to have played with every single one of you :)

Top Bottom