• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

Ok, that's like four or five really obvious things I've missed in the last half hour. I'm going to go lie down and feel stupid.

Totally on board with a WorthyEdge lynch, though.

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

Droplet

Hyper hypothesized that Neuro killed Sorian with the book because Neuro was an investigator who found out that Sorian was cult. What if Sorian was the recruiter? That would explain why the recruit info is crossed out.

Sorry I keep going after the easy answers, but I think it's important we have all the information clear: nin was able to recruit by using the sacrifice command on any insane tourist. It stands to reason that if there was no death on one night that somebody might have been recruited instead.

RetroMG

Sorry I keep going after the easy answers, but I think it's important we have all the information clear: nin was able to recruit by using the sacrifice command on any insane tourist. It stands to reason that if there was no death on one night that somebody might have been recruited instead.

Fair enough. (I'm feeling like a Phoenix Wright character today. Possibly Detective Gumshoe.)

Any thoughts, then on why it's crossed out in Nin's info?

Fair enough. (I'm feeling like a Phoenix Wright character today. Possibly Detective Gumshoe.)

A while ago I theorized in our private thread that they lost the ability to recruit when the Cult of Cthulhu died off. Not based on much, besides an understanding of game design. Worthy said the same thing publicly, in a "gee, i dunno" kinda way. It find it curious that his guess was so close.

Droplet

My two theories:

1) CoSN lost their recruitment ability after CoC was killed off.
2) Following the mirror cult theory, CoSN started off with their Timeasis-like role, and was able to recruit two new members to fill the roleblocker and vanilla cultist spots. Once they reached three members, they were unable to recruit.

No, I was misremembering. Worthy theorized about the CoSN gaining a kill after Time died. He didn't say anything about them losing recruitment.

Though, that would be a part that a Shub-Niggurath Cultist would want to leave out.

Hyper hypothesized that Neuro killed Sorian with the book because Neuro was an investigator who found out that Sorian was cult. What if Sorian was the recruiter? That would explain why the recruit info is crossed out.

The crossed out bit in Nins role explains that the recruiting is done when they sacrifice an insane tourist.

I don't think they wanted it to go that far. Shit was moving fast yesterday. nin tried telling us to go after Scrafty instead, but nobody took him up on it. Then it probably took them a bit to settle on their next move. And that move was for nin to cause chaos and get himself lynched. I don't think anything nin did in the latter part of the day was well thought out, because they just didn't have the time.

This makes the most sense. I was kind of forgetting how stupidly fast everything was going down. In those circumstances I guess I can see them making some silly impulse choices. Everything was just such a mess and if worthy is the last cultist, which seems likely, we would have won today.

Anyway worthy has to go. We were ready to lynch him yesterday, and he's in a much, much worse position today. I don't see much point in drawing it out for info today.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

mJJsCkk.png

So, it really seems, the game is over, after all come, you are all of these players and many others, who are no longer with us, of course, at the end I was mostly a useless asset but an almost constant in this game utterly refused to die. TheWorthyEdge, you have any words to defend itself against these claims your alignment with the cult or accept defeat and fall into despair as one of the donors of this? Please, let me hear your words, it will fill me with such joy.

I'll be departing on business shortly so here's my vote for posterity's sake.

Hopefully this nightmare will be over before I return.

Okay. I'm gonna die.

So. I just want to say.

GG guys! It was fun. I don't see myself coming out of this alive and there is no way I can defend myself. I had a feeling it was coming to a close soon. I just wanted to say this was hilarious.

I told Nin to go crazy and he did. I've never laughed that hard in forever lol.

GG guys. I don't like being Mafia...haha!

See ya next game. :D

I know I can't do that. I love being a regular town and having that tensity of not knowing who is what. Great game setup Zatoth I loved the flair!

Droplet

You're not even at majority yo! (I don't think you can vote for yourself)

Ok now you are.

GG dude, you played the clueless tourist really well. Rats and I kept glossing over you because you sounded so out of it.

You're not even at majority yo! (I don't think you can vote for yourself)

Ok now you are.

GG dude, you played the clueless tourist really well. Rats and I kept glossing over you because you sounded so out of it.

Haha. Thanks! I played badly this game imo. I just wish I hadn't come into the game late...

Droplet

Well now you know? I mean, aside from the part where you'll be near dead last on the returning list.

I definitely think a mafia coming into the game late would be difficult. It's been done before, and some people were great at it, but it's definitely a disadvantage as opposed to just stepping into a tourist role. Unless the person before you was a terrible tourist, that is. It does provide a decent cover for your early days though because you had no control over it, and you likely took over for someone who posted next to nothing.

Is that it? GG Town! I just got to work, so I won't be back until much later. I'll enjoy the debriefing of this game.

If we're done, that is. You never fucking know.

Droplet

Is that it? GG Town! I just got to work, so I won't be back until much later. I'll enjoy the debriefing of this game.

If we're done, that is. You never fucking know.

Seriously, I want to post some final message for you but I don't want Sorian to come laugh at me when it turns out that every other player is part of a different cult of outer gods.

So wait, wanna clear up some things before you go? Like when you lost recruitment, how long you've been able to kill?

I was the recruiter. I could still recruit but I chose not to last night. I should've gotten Retro so then I wouldve died and he was still alive but idk how that all works.

Sorry Nin! Didn't mean to be a nuisance to you just wanted for an interesting game of Mafia. *shrug* I feel we got that, and thanks to Zatoths flavor it really elevated the air of surprise.

RetroMG

Wow, I leave to go do dishes and it all goes crazy. Glad to know I was right about TWE, even if I was wrong about everything else today. ;)

If TWE flips town, we are all going to lose our shit.

Also, how the hell did I survive this game?

If it really is over, then I must say it was a pleasure working with you all, even if I almost died.

Drinks're on me when we get back t' th' mainland, aight?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've also prodded Zatoth. We may need a repllacement moderator.

Or for Crab to supermodkill Zatoth.

And then this game will be modless.

And madness shall reign forevermore.

Sorian

Banned

:O

Does crab have a supermodkill command? Is that written in his contract?

Leave it for Zatoth. This his game and his final Day ends after all.

Even if if he runs on euro time.

Top Bottom