• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Smg problem could be fixed by just having bigger maps! In all the maps in this game you got hip firing smgs turning every corner ALL the time..any info regarding dlc map packs yet?

Bigger maps doesn't fix it either, that would only improve the "shotgun" issue. Bigger maps create other issue, snipers, especially in this game with 1hk snipers and the plethora of places to headglitch.

Bigger maps doesn't fix it either, that would only improve the "shotgun" issue. Bigger maps create other issue, snipers, especially in this game with 1hk snipers and the plethora of places to headglitch.

The only issue with snipers is the ridiculous amount of autoaim that facilitates quickscoping. Bigger maps would help with the biggest problem right now: spawns.

impact

Banned
The only issue with snipers is the ridiculous amount of autoaim that facilitates quickscoping. Bigger maps would help with the biggest problem right now: spawns.
Spawns are nowhere near the biggest problem. The netcode is THE problem. Spawns I feel are no worse than MW3.

Of course bigger, more open maps would get rid of most of the smg spam. The only reason people pick them is because the maps facilitate mostly cqc, and if most of your encounters are gonna happen within 15 feet why pick anything else?

Boost

Banned
shit are you serious they nerfed the M8 and betties? By how much? All my classes are setup using those two! Guess we'll be seeing a lot more claymore use now.
Betties are barely noticeable. I use them too, still catch dudes. You cant really tell a 200ms delay in the game.

Boost

Banned
NPD sales show Blops2 behind both Blops 1 and MW3 in terms of sales for the month of November. The end is here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/npd...es-down-11-comparison-to-2011?cid=db_articles
beertoast.jpg

Voltron64

Looking at the patch change list I don't see anything about network fixes. That's what needs to be fixed first before any balancing issues. Without proper networking there is no balance in the first place. Treyarch...lol.

popeutlal

Why does Treyarch use one sound effect for all the explosions in the game and why did they put that annoying scream?

The sound effects are terrible in this game.

I never played a COD game. Is this one good to get if you are only into the single player modes?

If you are only into single player games, try Killzone 2/3, Resistance, Halo etc. This game is good for single player, but it isnt very long, and it goes on the assumption you played the first one.

Does anybody know how to unlock the diamond camo. I am about 10 head shots away from the 100 head shot camo and I have prestiged the FAL OSW once.

So, with the netcode, isn't lag comp always present? That's what's really turning me off from a purchase. I know it existed in other COD games, but Im really bothered by it.

Yeah concurrent players on Live are way down on last year, probably a mixture of franchise fatigue, the industry as a whole declining and some things that are specific to BO2. I think one of the problems is that they've really focussed on the competitive/esports aspect of this, I really don't know why they've gone down that road when 99% of their playerbase doesn't give two shits about it. I think Vonderhaar, during the last two years, has been influenced by the success of games like Starcraft 2 and LoL in the esports arena but hasn't realised that COD isn't that sort of game and the majority of the playerbase doesn't want that type of experience from it. Take the maps as an example, probably really balanced for MLG dom or ctf games but frankly, overall, boring as mud compared to previous games. The killstreaks are tailored to objective based game modes when by far the most popular playist, over the last five years, is TDM, Where now dogs are a 17 killstreak and a bog standard chopper is 11. Even considering assists it's a major nerf over previous years. That's not to mention the complete fucking over of FFA when it comes to killstreaks but that's a little pet peeve of mine heh.

Anyway bit of a rant, I still enjoy the game overall and the patch seems to be spot on in terms of balancing.

impact

Banned
As long as they don't nerf the B23R then I'm happy. I've averaged about a 2.8 kdr with that thing over the last few matches. Love it.

Edit:

You're....celebrating a decline in sales for a game who's thread you actively post in? I don't get it.
The game selling less means they might actually try to make a good game next time. 20 million sales every year and this atrocious netcode is what we get in return. It's bullshit.

The game selling less means they might actually try to make a good game next time. 20 million sales every year and this atrocious netcode is what we get in return. It's bullshit.

This is the exact path that most of Activision's marquee titles go down. There's a drop off, then the market disappears. Sales have absolutely nothing to do with reviews & general feedback on the game-it's because it's the 6th game in as many years with almost exactly the same multiplayer.

Folks burn out on this type of thing after a while. As others have pointed out, console sales on the whole are down year-over-year and Halo was released the week prior.

LowParry

Does anybody know how to unlock the diamond camo. I am about 10 head shots away from the 100 head shot camo and I have prestiged the FAL OSW once.

You have to gold camo every weapon type. So if you want assault rifle diamond camo? Gold camo all assault weapons.

Looking at the patch change list I don't see anything about network fixes. That's what needs to be fixed first before any balancing issues. Without proper networking there is no balance in the first place. Treyarch...lol.

Network fixes are usually done server side. May not even mentioned in patch notes. It's been talked about from the twitters I've so who knows. We'll see what happens tomorrow or if people on PS3 can give their impressions so far.

Boost

Banned
You're....celebrating a decline in sales for a game who's thread you actively post in? I don't get it.
I do enjoy the game, somewhat, BUT It just goes to show, you can't release a unfinished product and expected greatness. Granted they broke records for day 1 or week 1 sales, but word gets around how crappy your game is and nobody wants to buy it.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. So if being doing 1.5 million sales years over year in the second week, something is telling Activision that Treyarch ain't cutting it, and I'm sure it has less to do with SP, and more to do with MP.

Hopefully IW will take better steps next year with MW4 (doubt it though).

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Nerfing the Remington shows that Treyarch are a bunch of fools. First, the Remington is not all that powerful to begin with. How can it be powerful when it is inconsistent? You can get random hitmarkers from very close. A gun that is harder to use and very very situational is MAYBE slightly too powerful so you buff it? Huh? Situational weapons should be more powerful in those situations than other guns., not on par.

I would like a shotgun that kills 100% of the time within 10ft than a shotgun which can kill up to 15ft but it’s a roll of the dice if it works. The problem is, it will always be a roll of the dice due to connection or spray pattern or hit boxes or whatever. So why nerf it?

Also, side note: the Ballista is horrible compared to the DSR. It has a freaking telescope on top which is very hard to use on such small maps. Trying to get the iron sights at lvl 11 is a complete chore. I have like 170 One hit kills and I am a level 9. I was in a 1v1 sniper shootout and the guy missed because I heard it and I went to pull the trigger and I died. I got to watch on the kill cam: him miss with the dsr, no recoil, move slightly to right(crosshair still not on me), auto aim takes into effect and kills me. Seriously WTF, I miss with the KSG from 6ft by a darn millimeter and the autoaim from a sniper helps out from 100 yards?

Archpath1

so does theater work at all?
it wont let me edit videos after i've selected one
i've waited to see if it just needed to load but nope.
been trying for several days now

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh man, I've discovered using C4 and shock charges together. So good.

Game is running awesome today, not much lag issues at all. (no patch here either 360)

so does theater work at all?
it wont let me edit videos after i've selected one
i've waited to see if it just needed to load but nope.
been trying for several days now

They disabled it because people figured out a 10th prestige exploit in it. It's coming back after the next patch.

TheFatOne

Did they finally balance MP? I just tried this game for the first time last week, and it seemed to be far more balanced than any other COD I could remember. I didn't have to worry about constantly taking down other peoples choppers, etc. I think I may pick this up over the weekend.

Man the game seems infinitely better after the patch. Maybe I just had a great day being lucky that I was put against scrubs but man I dominated. Went like 64-16 on Nuketown Demolition without any spawn camping or ridiculous killstreaks. Just won most gun on gun battles. The FAL recoil increase is noticeable... if you go auto fire and leave the trigger squeezed for more than a couple seconds it really starts to jump on you. But man those 2 seconds of glorious precision seem even deadlier than normal, guys were routinely dropping in 2 hits, 3 max.

Awesome about the black hat too, I had started rolling with them just in case a teammate was griefing people. Only downside seems to be if the guy who called it in gets killed and spawns too far away to worry about the package, it still takes FOR EVER to take it via black hat so you risk death to run out and get it. But I'll take that a hundred times out of a hundred over what it was, where if I am delayed even a second or if I try to flip the contents, it's gone.

fozzy

Think I'm done with public games now. Shame I'm signed up to play a 4v4 season with my clan.

Are the steam stats accurate for this game online? 35,780 seems low.

MechDX

sigh... Target Finders...

Yeah but its not like Im running and gunnnig with a LMG as a main and a stinger as my secondary. lol I mostly play domination and that set up is great for popping off snipers from a distance. Most snipers, for some reason, do not run with cold blooded on.

When they are tucked behind obstacles they stick their head up for one second so the red square appears. Then peirce the obstacle with FMJ to find the hit marker. The rage I hear when I kill them through a wall is very satisfying.

eek5

Yeah but its not like Im running and gunnnig with a LMG as a main and a stinger as my secondary. lol I mostly play domination and that set up is great for popping off snipers from a distance. Most snipers, for some reason, do not run with cold blooded on.

When they are tucked behind obstacles they stick their head up for one second so the red square appears. Then peirce the obstacle with FMJ to find the hit marker. The rage I hear when I kill them through a wall is very satisfying.

I actually like LMG with no secondary better. You can use knife to travel long distances much faster than you normally would be able to so you can travel from "safe zone" to "safe zone" and just lock shit down w/ LMG. Being able to get to the center of the map w/ a marathon/no secondary class at the beginning of a match can be absolutely devastating as well.

I discovered the M27 owns people. I also always do dual primarys with hardline, Stregnth, and extreme conditioning....that is all you need in this game.

So, with the netcode, isn't lag comp always present? That's what's really turning me off from a purchase. I know it existed in other COD games, but Im really bothered by it.

The lag comp is fucking insanely bad in this game. Avoid a purchase at all costs unless you have shitty internets.

Top Bottom