• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I don't even know how to feel about this, the challenge is gone and I keep playing against complete morons who stand there now, on the other hand I've never had a better streak of good games.

Jak140

Haha, I was trying to find a good class to get a gold tac 45 camo (just needed the bloodthirsty medals) and figured out an awesome setup: flak jacket, ghost, scavenger, and tactical mask; 1 concussion grenade; and the tac 45 with long barrel and tactical knife. Immediately went 30/8 in Free For All and got 3 bloodthirsty medals in that same game on Slums. Later, went 35/12 in Team Deathmatch on Drone. Throwing a concussion grenade into a room and the knifing the whole team or waiting in a stairwell and knifing the team as they walk by one by one is way too funny.

LowParry

I'm just not feeling any differences with gun types after the patch. Shotgun still feels like it was before. Hipfire on SMGs feels the same. Though Assault Rifles do feel more accurate while aimed so...I dunno. However games tonight have all been really well. Nice 4 bar connections.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
fucking kidding me cunt game kicks me out constantly then puts me on probabtion for quitting too much fuck you!@!@!##!@#@!@!

Pretty funny tripple kill with hunter/killer on this one. Was nearly a 5 kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnE2wRJz6ik

I saw you earlier in the thread talking about how you dont think the lag comp is that bad and that people are - paraphrashing - "just looking for a reason to blame their loss or bad play on"

Well....at 1:05 you are pretty much on the opposite end of the lag comp spectrum. I dont even think you even really legitimately hit the 2nd guy once and yet you still get one hitmarker and get a kill. Theres a few other kills I noticed where it looks like you might get one actual bullet or two in a guy and poof he dies. On core? Hah.

Some of us have to empty an entire clip into somebody and still get turned on by the ole' 2 or 3 bullets trick - you are benefitting from the lag comp. Maybe you dont even realize it because you seem to be on the good end of it but by watching your clip there, your game looks like nothing like the way mine does. And I'm not bitching about it or hating on you. Seriously, good for you. Actually I'm a little jealous. I wish I could play the game and have it work that way. I'm just sayin'.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I saw you earlier in the thread talking about how you dont think the lag comp is that bad and that people are - paraphrashing - "just looking for a reason to blame their loss or bad play on"

Well....at 1:05 you are pretty much on the opposite end of the lag comp spectrum. I dont even think you even really legitimately hit the 2nd guy once and yet you still get one hitmarker and get a kill. Theres a few other kills I noticed where it looks like you might get one actual bullet or two in a guy and poof he dies. On core? Hah.

Some of us have to empty an entire clip into somebody and still get turned on by the ole' 2 or 3 bullets trick - you are benefitting from the lag comp. Maybe you dont even realize it because you seem to be on the good end of it but by watching your clip there, your game looks like nothing like the way mine does. And I'm not bitching about it or hating on you. Seriously, good for you. Actually I'm a little jealous. I wish I could play the game and have it work that way. I'm just sayin'.

You don't appear to know how killcam/theater works. It's never directly representative of what happened in game. Also I have 35down 4 up cable internet.

Again, quit looking for excuses and up your game.

Damn I wish my game played like that. I have to empty almost an entire clip into people to get the kill.

Bout to show the one I just did where I got a 6 kill medal and went 43-13, lol.

Fantasmo

You don't appear to know how killcam/theater works. It's never directly representative of what happened in game. Also I have 35down 4 up cable internet.

Again, quit looking for excuses and up your game.

That little upload proves you're on the opposite of what I see. I NEVER get games like that. Nothing you showed was "good". Especially that long distance kill. That never happens on my screen, I'm too busy shooting 27 blanks with three hits. Oh wait, it does, but only pre Black Ops 1.

You DON'T know what you're talking about. Up your game? You've got issues dude, stop talking down to people, it really shows what kind of person you are.

zychi

Banned
this game is pissing me off. play a game, host quits. everyone is back in the lobby. i get put on probation after every fucking match because of this. "finish matches to avoid probation."

how about you fix your shitty netcode and bullshit host setups treyarch?

fuck.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That little upload proves you're on the opposite of what I see. I NEVER get games like that. Nothing you showed was "good". Especially that long distance kill. That never happens on my screen, I'm too busy shooting 27 blanks with three hits. Oh wait, it does, but only pre Black Ops 1.

You DON'T know what you're talking about. Up your game? You've got issues dude, stop talking down to people, it really shows what kind of person you are.

The only thing that's being proved is your ignorance and absurdity. You're seeing what you want to see. Kill cams have always been "off" even in your beloved "pre-black ops" CODs.

You guys are hilarious. Keep wrapping yourself in that "lag comp" security blanket fellas.

Seriously, wow. I've been pretty decent at every other COD game I've ever played. I'm so sick of people like this saying stuff like that. I guess he cant possibly wrap his thick head around the fact that the problem isnt a problem for EVERYONE. Because he doesnt experience this, nobody else could possibly, right? It's all of our "games". We need to UP THEM. I seriously just lol'd reading that. Unless of course by upping my game he means that I need to see into the future, then I agree.

And the videos show me that he's on the other end of this problem, making him think he's better than he actually is, bahahah. I wish I could have people like him over my house and we'll see how much he'd need to UP HIS OWN GAME hahaha

Kill cams have always been "off" even in your beloved "pre-black ops" CODs.

That wasnt a kill cam, but it's true they've always been a little off. I, however, was never close to being this "off". Quit being so closed minded. I've never seen this much complaint about a COD game. Sure, you always see someone bitching about something but never like this. And you still cant wrap your head around the idea that maybe there's a real issue? You know why? Because you dont experience it. You benefit from it.

this game is pissing me off. play a game, host quits. everyone is back in the lobby. i get put on probation after every fucking match because of this. "finish matches to avoid probation."

how about you fix your shitty netcode and bullshit host setups treyarch?

fuck.

UP YOUR GAME BRO

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seriously, wow. I've been pretty decent at every other COD game I've ever played. I'm so sick of people like this saying stuff like that. I guess he cant possibly wrap his thick head around the fact that the problem isnt a problem for EVERYONE. Because he doesnt experience this, nobody else could possibly, right? It's all of our "games". We need to UP THEM. I seriously just lol'd reading that. Unless of course by upping my game he means that I need to see into the future, then I agree.

And the videos show me that he's on the other end of this problem, making him think he's better than he actually is, bahahah. I wish I could have people like him over my house and we'll see how much he'd need to UP HIS OWN GAME hahaha

You're assuming it's a problem for everyone, all the time. That's your first mistake. When you resort to absolutes you've already made a fool of yourself. You're simply seeking confirmation bias to support your own claim that something else is making you "bad."

Lag exists in the game, it does in all games and we've all experienced it. Also, this is a "montage" of a good game I had. It's not indicative of every game I've ever played.

But please, keep posting crybaby posts like this. It's great entertainment.

Edit 1:
That wasnt a kill cam, but it's true they've always been a little off. I, however, was never close to being this "off". Quit being so closed minded. I've never seen this much complaint about a COD game. Sure, you always see someone bitching about something but never like this. And you still cant wrap your head around the idea that maybe there's a real issue? You know why? Because you dont experience it. You benefit from it.

Theater works the same way stud. Also, if you've never seen this much complaining about a COD you've never experienced a COD game. Which makes me wonder how old you are. Every game people bitch about lag, kill cams and other shit that gets them killed. This is no different. The only thing different are the buzz words.

Edit 2: Also, nice triple rage post, lol.

LowParry

To be fair, every first couple of months of a new COD game is full of the same complaints. Be it guns, lag, quick scoping or camping.

To be fair, every first couple of months of a new COD game is full of the same complaints. Be it guns, lag, quick scoping or camping.
These complaints are absolutely on another level though, I've never seen so many youtube commentators complain about the same lag symptoms happening, unloading clips and dying instantly. This doesn't happen to me often though.

LowParry

These complaints are absolutely on another level though, I've never seen so many youtube commentators complain about the same lag symptoms happening, unloading clips and dying instantly. This doesn't happen to me often though.

True. Though I haven't really been paying attention to the complaints because of your typical known types. We still haven't had a lag fix patch yet so who knows. Hopefully we'll see it happen this month.

The only thing that's being proved is your ignorance and absurdity. You're seeing what you want to see. Kill cams have always been "off" even in your beloved "pre-black ops" CODs.

You guys are hilarious. Keep wrapping yourself in that "lag comp" security blanket fellas.

Latency plays a huge role in who kills who on most console shooters, it's not an excuse it's a truth, and in a game with so much close combat like Black ops 2 you're gonna see it's effects a lot more, and when the netcode is bad even more so. I'm doing really well here in Black Ops 2, but I know a lot of it is due to me being on the good end of things, because I've been on the bad end of things too before I managed to fix *some* of my issues with lag. Maybe you're not getting the same ill effects of lag as other people here, that's fine, there could be any number reasons as to why you're not being affected the same as someone else because these issues are pretty complex(or at least not as simple as most of us here are making it out to be for sure) but can you at least try and give other people the benefit of the doubt?

Yea theres some crazy good ones out there.

Edit: is it just me or does this game have soooo many places where stuff just "hangs" in a loading bit. The theater now syncs in the loading screen forever, and i can't seem to delete emblems anymore... Stupid 3arch symbol just taunting me.

I saw dude do one with eminem that looked pretty good. It's insane what guys are doing with just 32 layers, it's inspiring me to try something like it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Latency plays a huge role in who kills who on most console shooters, it's not an excuse it's a truth, and in a game with so much close combat like Black ops 2 you're gonna see it's effects a lot more, and when the netcode is bad even more so. I'm doing really well here in Black Ops 2, but I know a lot of it is due to me being on the good end of things, because I've been on the bad end of things too before I managed to fix *some* of my issues with lag. Maybe you're not getting the same ill effects of lag as other people here, that's fine, there could be any number reasons as to why you're not being affected the same as someone else because these issues are pretty complex(or at least not as simple as most of us here are making it out to be for sure) but can you at least try and give other people the benefit of the doubt?

1. I back out of games with lag.
2. I set my preferences to "best."
3. Static IP open ports/dmz
4. I have a really, really good connection.

As for giving people the benefit of the doubt. I know people experience lag, I experience it too. The people I'm not "giving a break" to are the people being absurd about it and speaking in absolutes.

As for giving people the benefit of the doubt. I know people experience lag, I experience it too. The people I'm not "giving a break" to are the people being absurd about it and speaking in absolutes.

Fair enough, nice gameplay btw.

redhot_

Hell yea, I do the same. Friends i play with get upset when i do and are to stubborn to join back up.

I dont see the fun in trying to shoot enemies when their legs dont even move as they flash around the screen.

There's hard core kill confirmed! Instant respawn time, no killcam and fast action. Now just bring on Drop Zone and I will be head over boots.

You're assuming it's a problem for everyone, all the time. That's your first mistake. When you resort to absolutes you've already made a fool of yourself. You're simply seeking confirmation bias to support your own claim that something else is making you "bad."

Lag exists in the game, it does in all games and we've all experienced it. Also, this is a "montage" of a good game I had. It's not indicative of every game I've ever played.

But please, keep posting crybaby posts like this. It's great entertainment.

Theater works the same way stud. Also, if you've never seen this much complaining about a COD you've never experienced a COD game. Which makes me wonder how old you are. Every game people bitch about lag, kill cams and other shit that gets them killed. This is no different. The only thing different are the buzz words.

I've never assumed its a problem for everyone, all the time. Putting words into my mouth doesnt make your argument any better. In fact, in one of my recent posts that you responded to I clearly said it doesnt seem to be an issue for you.

No, I havent seen this many complaints about lag compensation and plenty of others have backed that claim. And there are no "crybaby" posts. Nobody is crying over here, I have no idea what youre talking about but youre coming off like a real douchebag if you'd like to start an immature internet insult war. And now youre gonna tell me what Ive experienced and how old I am? Hahaha, you're really something else man. Enjoy your positive side of the lag compensation and think youre BEASTING when you have a great game. You keep telling yourself that, "stud".

I'll once again reiterate why I think the lag complaints are stronger with this game.

I think the lag issues are pretty similar at the launch of each COD.

However, with this game Treyarch did something different, which made people very irritated. They were matchmaking based on skill first, connection second. This meant that not only would you be in matches with less than ideal connections, but you'd be competing against people of a very similar skill level. That is a recipe for frustration. Very competitive opponents + less than ideal connections = bad idea.

With yesterday's patch a big part of this has been fixed though. They are now matching you based on connection first, skill second. This is going to bring the frustration levels down dramatically.

I do think some of the complaints are hilarious. Particularly the ones who believed that they're the ones being singled out by the lag. lol

Every host is going to change that dynamic, and even within a match your proximity to the host will vary from opponent to opponent, match to match. It is not a constant, for anyone.

Regardless, it should be better for everyone now.

True. Though I haven't really been paying attention to the complaints because of your typical known types. We still haven't had a lag fix patch yet so who knows. Hopefully we'll see it happen this month.

I know you dont know me but I'm a pretty down to earth, reasonable guy. I dont complain about a whole lot. I dont complain about quick scoping, smgs, boucning bettys, shotguns, etc. etc.

Trust me when I say this game is fucked up for me and I can absolutely tell I'm "behind" other players most of the time and it's noticably worse than any other COD I've ever played. I like the game itself, I like most of the maps, guns, perks, etc. Its just so frustrating trying to play it like this. I come in here to see if anyone else has any issues like I do (looks like a lot) or maybe find some type of solution or whatever and vent once in awhile and there's idiots like that guy telling me that it's me and I need to UP MY GAME. Yeahhhhh, ok. Starting to think he's trolling. It's too funny to be serious. Then again I've come across people like that in real life so maybe not.

I do think some of the complaints are hilarious. Particularly the ones who believed that they're the ones being singled out by the lag. lol

Every host is going to change that dynamic, and even within a match your proximity to the host will vary from opponent to opponent, match to match. It is not a constant, for anyone.

Regardless, it should be better for everyone now.

I havent gotten a chance to play post-patch. I will when I get off work here in a few hours, looking forward to the HC KC. I hope its better. I dont like to bitch too much.

Fantasmo

The people I'm not "giving a break" to are the people being absurd about it and speaking in absolutes.

Then you should talk shit to yourself because the game is unplayable 80-90% of the time for a percentage of people. After 4 years of CoD and a decade of online gaming, I think I know the difference between when I suck and need to switch up tactics or something is wrong. If you were talking about any other game I might agree. And I think I'm more knowledgeable about my situation than you are, internet mystery man. No, the only person in this thread who is absurd is you. You are factually wrong and you're repeatedly intentionally berating people, meanwhile the only person who is completely ignorant, blind, condescending and nasty, over and over and over again, is you.

LowParry

I know you dont know me but I'm a pretty down to earth, reasonable guy. I dont complain about a whole lot. I dont complain about quick scoping, smgs, boucning bettys, shotguns, etc. etc.

Trust me when I say this game is fucked up for me and I can absolutely tell I'm "behind" other players most of the time and it's noticably worse than any other COD I've ever played. I like the game itself, I like most of the maps, guns, perks, etc. Its just so frustrating trying to play it like this. I come in here to see if anyone else has any issues like I do (looks like a lot) or maybe find some type of solution or whatever and vent once in awhile and there's idiots like that guy telling me that it's me and I need to UP MY GAME. Yeahhhhh, ok. Starting to think he's trolling. It's too funny to be serious. Then again I've come across people like that in real life so maybe not.

Well, Alien is pretty vocal about his opinions. Guess you weren't around when Gears 3 started up. Good times. :D

But for solutions, I take it you've done the whole thing with routers, port forward, blah blah blah right?

Fantasmo

Well, Alien is pretty vocal about his opinions. Guess you weren't around when Gears 3 started up. Good times. :D

But for solutions, I take it you've done the whole thing with routers, port forward, blah blah blah right?

I'm a systems engineer.

And let me say this again, once and for all. Making network adjustments according to their guide makes the problem exponentially worse.

LowParry

I'm a systems engineer.

C'mon now. This is GAF. I don't know everyone's professions. lol

Edit: I haven't seen their guide. Only thing I've done is set up a static ip and did the whole port thing for Xbox Live in general. If there are specific ports that are needed for BLOPS2, I haven't used them because I haven't had much of any issues with online.

Fantasmo

C'mon now. This is GAF. I don't know everyone's professions. lol

I'm not expecting you to. In the past I've said I follow the guides and not you, but others keep bringing up following the guides or my network is fucked up.

At this point, I'm exposing my profession so I don't get "called out" on fucking up my network. There it is. I'm a systems engineer. My network is perfect.

Yup. I've tried any and everything I've read and nothing seems to have made a difference. Sure, I'll have games where it doesnt seem to be an issue but way more often than not, I can "feel" it. I'm not an idiot. Like Junkster said, I know when I'm getting outplayed, it happens to the best of players and I'm not anywhere near the best. But I also can tell when I'm getting the cheap lag bullshit kills on either end. Sometimes I know I go onto the better side of it, not often but I can also feel it when it's on my side. I dont complain about that lol but it still doesnt feel right. I honestly feel bad for the other people because I am the other people most of the time. I just want a fair shot for everyone!

LowParry

Hmm. Well for the record here, I'm not calling out anyone of being dumb with their connection settings, setups, etc.. If I knew of a real proper way of getting this fixed for people, I'd be all up to helping. For me, this is my general setup. Static IP set for my Xbox. Open ports for Xbox Live and configured specific to that static IP (as with my PS3). I have cable. 40MB downlaod. 4 - 6MB upload speeds. (I'm only saying these things for comparison, not to flex some epeen of justice here).

So if people have similar set ups (aside from connection speeds), what more can these people do? What's so different from those who have crappy games to those who have really good games? I mean if those who are having bad games can play others games well, why just this game? Some of it just doesn't add up to be honest. That's why I say not to give up yet until they do an actual update with whatever it is they need to do with the netcode or something server side.

Can someone please tell me how to defeat the first strikeforce mission? Playing on hardened and I have no idea how to beat this. About to put the game down.

Also what are the consequences of blowing through my teams, or losing men, or losing objectives? The game does such a shit job of explaining it to you, I have no idea if I should care or not how I play these missions.

Fantasmo

You know what? I am jealous of AlienShogun. Not because of his supposed skill or whatever, but that video showed a game where three guys had their back turned and his connection allowed him to actually land shots on his opponents instead of aiming correctly but oddly missing completely, shooting between all of them, and having them return fire immediately. That magical connection that allows him to do magic things like shoot bullets. I'm pretty jealous of that.

Oh sorry, weird brain fart. I should up my game, lol.

eek5

Looks like they broke league TDM. You just get dropped into "regular" TDM w/ your regular classses. lol

also no ladder points :(

edit: nm working for me now. that was weird

Top Bottom