• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

sweetfish

Gold Member
Oh boy, Sunday and time for some gaming! But noooo, "The Call of Duty: Black Ops II server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit bla bla bla" :(

Dreaver

Yesterday I played Black Ops 2 all day at a friend's house. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was way more fun than I expected, plus Gun Game is awesome.

I bought all Call of Duty's since 4, I said to myself I wouldn't buy this one because it looked shit (and I honestly thought it was). Now I am in doubt...

I loved 4 (best in the series), really liked MW2 as well, Black Ops was 'ok' (but boring maps) and MW3 was boring. I am currently playing a lot of Halo 4 which I am really liking.. however sometimes I'm getting sick of the laggy games and slow matchmaking.

What do you guys think of this Call of Duty compared to previous ones? Worth buying?

Yesterday I played Black Ops 2 all day at a friend's house. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was way more fun than I expected, plus Gun Game is awesome.

I bought all Call of Duty's since 4, I said to myself I wouldn't buy this one because it looked shit (and I honestly thought it was). Now I am in doubt...

I loved 4 (best in the series), really liked MW2 as well, Black Ops was 'ok' (but boring maps) and MW3 was boring. I am currently playing a lot of Halo 4 which I am really liking.. however sometimes I'm getting sick of the laggy games and slow matchmaking.

What do you guys think of this Call of Duty compared to previous ones? Worth buying?

I like it. I have been playing MW3 and BLOPS2 recently. They are similar but to me they have a different gameplay feel. It's worth it to me, but I loved BLOPS1 as well.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You know, Alien, I was agreeing with you, but you're acting like a complete fucking asshole.

Anyways. Anyone want a little spot on Nuketown for Demo? Tell me how to get to my uploaded + rendered videos and I'll share it here. Wasn't going to, but after being called gay twice, accused of having a wallhack 3 times and having someone threaten to "find me" and "slit my throat", I've decided to share with GAF.

You had me at "I was agreeing with you." ;)

Anyway, you just need to link your youtube to your elite account. From there select a video in game, edit it. Select it from the edit menu in theater again, and click render. Depending on your speed it's gonna take a while and you're gonna need to double check youtube when you're done to make sure everything is synced up. Sometimes you need to reupload.

Nori Chan

You know, Alien, I was agreeing with you, but you're acting like a complete fucking asshole.

Anyways. Anyone want a little spot on Nuketown for Demo? Tell me how to get to my uploaded + rendered videos and I'll share it here. Wasn't going to, but after being called gay twice, accused of having a wallhack 3 times and having someone threaten to "find me" and "slit my throat", I've decided to share with GAF.
Don't you have to link your elite account on YouTube? Then go to theater mode and clip the scene you want. End it, then choose the new clip you made then render it

now you got your shit on yourube

IISANDERII

It's been 12+hrs and I'm still awaiting a placement in league after doing the requisite number of matches. How long does it usually take?

Yeah, I'm soooo disappointed with Zombies. The poor visibility and lack of enough place to run around makes me rage.

I had fun for lots of hours playing Kino Der Toten. :(
This^
Played Nuketown. Shit. Played other zombie maps. Shit. Jumped back to playing BO1 Zombies and Call of the Dead. Amazing.

What's worse is you can get trapped inside the hidden laboratory beneath a small shed.

How Treyarch ruined this makes me uneasy in future installments. I think they had limited disc space to make Zombies graphically appealing and bad design ideas like little zombie goblins attacking you within the foggy borderlines. Weapons didn't feel powerful/effective enough.

Its better to separate Zombies from COD. At least make 1 really good Zombie map within the disc and the rest DLC exclusive. Like what WaW did.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Black Ops 2 is like a fusion of Black Ops with Modern Warfare 3 with a better killstreak system, a better Create A Class system, and faster overall gameplay. And if you're on consoles, more lag. Maps are similar to Modern Warfare 3 in that there aren't many chokepoints. There's more than one entrance to just about every area in the game, hilariously including even some of the sniper perches.

Thinking of using shotgun, what's the most OP?

Remington with long barrel and Saiga with extended mag are your best options. Both also benefit greatly from laser sight.

sweetfish

Gold Member
Was the Vector nerfed in this patch or am I just sucking badly these past two days?

From patch notes:
Code:
SMGs:

All: increased hip fire recoil.
All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
All: reduced bullet penetration.
MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
From patch notes:
Code:
SMGs:

All: increased hip fire recoil.
All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
All: reduced bullet penetration.
MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.

Aaah thank you. Yeah, nerfs aren't that bad but I they are definitely affecting my performance. *shrugs*

Pingoreous

Aaah thank you. Yeah, nerfs aren't that bad but I they are definitely affecting my performance. *shrugs*

The nerf on the Vector makes it useless. I was getting it to prestige 2 and the nerf made it unbearable. Not only is the range bad by default, they basically increased it via recoil. At many instances I thought I was shooting blanks. As a silence smg you might as well just run with your hands up.

eek5

It's been 12+hrs and I'm still awaiting a placement in league after doing the requisite number of matches. How long does it usually take?

Anywhere from 10mins to a day.

The nerf on the Vector makes it useless. I was getting it to prestige 2 and the nerf made it unbearable. Not only is the range bad by default, they basically increased it via recoil. At many instances I thought I was shooting blanks. As a silence smg you might as well just run with your hands up.

This is how I felt about the vector before patch so maybe you guys are just facing reality now :lol

Sub_Level

In the 5+ years I have played Call of Duty (which comes out to at least 400 hours of multiplayer gameplay) I have never seen this in Domination until today.

8257861501_c7b7352082_b.jpg

I'm convinced that splitting Domination into two rounds was the right choice. Giving the opposing team a chance to really come back makes games so much more exciting.

Jarmel

Banned
In the 5+ years I have played Call of Duty (which comes out to at least 400 hours of multiplayer gameplay) I have never seen this in Domination until today.

8257861501_c7b7352082_b.jpg

I'm convinced that splitting Domination into two rounds was the right choice. Giving the opposing team a chance to really come back makes games so much more exciting.

I've had that happen twice before.

zeelman

Gonna prestige for the second time tonight. I carried over the AN94 last time. Which perk should I carry over, Ghost or Scavenger? I have the worst luck with Stealth perks in COD games, though. They don't seem to help as much as I think they should.

Sub_Level

Gonna prestige for the second time tonight. I carried over the AN94 last time. Which perk should I carry over, Ghost or Scavenger? I have the worst luck with Stealth perks in COD games, though. They don't seem to help as much as I think they should.

Ghost is helpful but Scavenger helps a lot with your equipment. Betties, Claymores, Black Hats, Shock Charges + Scavenger = really helpful. I spent my first with Ghost and my second on Scavenger.

This is entirely dependent on how you play.

Remember, Ghost doesn't hide you from radar in this game unless you're moving at full speed. Add in the recent increase in the cost of UAV, and you've got a perk that is a lot less important than its ever been before. It's basically only valuable for serious rushers, and even then it's not essential.

Black Ops 2 spawn logic: If you can't see the other player, they can spawn there, even if it's literally around the very next corner of where they died in the first place.

I just had a game on Plaza where the Final Killcam clearly came from someone that just spawned. The Killcam opens up and the player is standing still in an open field, indicating he just appeared.

After a split second, he starts running. An enemy bursts through an open doorway about a second after he starts running. They're both completely surprised, so they spray everywhere. The enemy dies. Final Killcam.

This is entirely dependent on how you play.

Remember, Ghost doesn't hide you from radar in this game unless you're moving at full speed. Add in the recent increase in the cost of UAV, and you've got a perk that is a lot less important than its ever been before. It's basically only valuable for serious rushers, and even then it's not essential.

Not true at all. Half speed will trigger Ghost, plus adding a stock to a weapon will allow you to ADS and keep moving while keeping Ghost up.

LowParry

Hmmm. After the change with UAVs, you don't see them as often (unless you play with me ;) ), buuuuuuut, I say go with Scavenger.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy crap at the after credits parody haha.

* Frank jumps up from wheelchair *

Menedaz: What the fuck?

Frank: What that shit? 'Just fuckin lazy. LETS KILL THIS THING!!!

I just noticed they took out the respawn time in HC TDM. Did this change come from the latest patch? Wondering cause I didn't read anything about that.

I was already a fan of HC and now I love it even more because of this (and HC KC).

I just noticed they took out the respawn time in HC TDM. Did this change come from the latest patch? Wondering cause I didn't read anything about that.

I was already a fan of HC and now I love it even more because of this (and HC KC).

Yes. Vonderhaar asked on Twitter what people would think about it. The response was overwhelmingly, "Yes, please do it."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Okay... Guess it showed up on my old account.

Oh well. Here's the link I promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Aug2wjZIg

Well, I could see why he would be mad. You're sitting there just wall banging with an LMG. Can't really expect him not to think it's bullshit.

I finally got around to gold on the SMR. Single shot slow guns make me hate playing but I got through it.

Single shot guns that kill in 2 hits though? That's some strong shit!

LowParry

Well, I could see why he would be mad. You're sitting there just wall banging with an LMG. Can't really expect him not to think it's bullshit.

I don't know what's more entertaining in terms of death mics. Killing someone with a knife repeatedly or shooting people through walls with FMJ. I love this game.

Kill Confirmed gives way too much score for collecting tags.
An orbital vsat becomes a 7 killstreak with hardline.

While in a party of 3 (One of my friends sucks though with only a 1.3 k/d)...me and my good friend got on average 3 lodestars and vtol warships a game each and we'd have to alternate who calls in what all game because there was air support 24/7 and vsat 24/7....In the end we started calling in our lodestars and vtols at the same time, cause otherwise they'd overlap or the game would end with them in our pocket.

My spreads were 48-0...42-2...64-3...54-5 and there were many others similar and those are just what i remember.

Of course theater mode only saved one game cause all the others had host migrations or they didn't save :p And the one it saved was one of the worst when combined we only had 4 vtols and 4 lodestars :/

EDIT: And we had a lvl 18 and splitscreeners on our team every time and most kills they ever got (all 3 randoms combined) was 7 in a game. These kids would get like 1 kill in a full 10 minute game lol.

Kill Confirmed gives way too much score for collecting tags.
An orbital vsat becomes a 7 killstreak with hardline.

While in a party of 3 (One of my friends sucks though with only a 1.3 k/d)...me and my good friend got on average 3 lodestars and vtol warships a game each and we'd have to alternate who calls in what all game because there was air support 24/7 and vsat 24/7....In the end we started calling in our lodestars and vtols at the same time, cause otherwise they'd overlap or the game would end with them in our pocket.

My spreads were 48-0...42-2...64-3...54-5 and there were many others similar and those are just what i remember.

Of course theater mode only saved one game cause all the others had host migrations or they didn't save :p And the one it saved was one of the worst when combined we only had 4 vtols and 4 lodestars :/

EDIT: And we had a lvl 18 and splitscreeners on our team every time and most kills they ever got (all 3 randoms combined) was 7 in a game. These kids would get like 1 kill in a full 10 minute game lol.

People with 1.3 k/d suck at this game? Okay.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't know what's more entertaining in terms of death mics. Killing someone with a knife repeatedly or shooting people through walls with FMJ. I love this game.

Eariler with a SMR kill I got "I fucking hate that gun" from a guy running around with a fucking shotgun.

Wat.

Top Bottom