• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Can someone please tell me how to defeat the first strikeforce mission? Playing on hardened and I have no idea how to beat this. About to put the game down.

Also what are the consequences of blowing through my teams, or losing men, or losing objectives? The game does such a shit job of explaining it to you, I have no idea if I should care or not how I play these missions.

Take out the heavy shit first, take control of an infantryman when you're defending the plant and always have your heavy equipment attack the biggest baddest thing they have at the point first.

You know what? I am jealous of AlienShogun. Not because of his supposed skill or whatever, but that video showed a game where three guys had their back turned and his connection allowed him to actually land shots on his opponents instead of aiming correctly but oddly missing completely, shooting between all of them, and having them return fire immediately. That magical connection that allows him to do magic things like shoot bullets. I'm pretty jealous of that.

Oh sorry, weird brain fart. I should up my game, lol.

It doesnt happen. Stop making excuses and UP YOUR GAME!

You guys are so full of mad it's hilarious. Keep it up, I go online, beast some, then come back and drink up your rage tears. It fuels me.

Fantasmo

You guys are so full of mad it's hilarious. Keep it up, I go online, beast some, then come back and drink up your rage tears. It fuels me.

I couldn't care less if it makes you happy or not. I already traded my broken copy in. You're a total douche to people who have a legitimate issue with the game. You're repeatedly insulting nice people who are playing a game that is broken. You're given proof and you continue to insult people anyway. I feel great about myself because I'm doing the entire thread a favor. Your contributions consists of little more than insults.

We really do need a thread just for the lag complainers at this point.

Also, I explained what's happening on the previous page, but they just ignore it and complain some more. lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I couldn't care less if it makes you happy or not. I already traded my broken copy in. You're a total douche to people who have a legitimate issue with the game. You're repeatedly insulting nice people who are playing a game that is broken. You're given proof and you continue to insult people anyway. I feel great about myself because I'm doing the entire thread a favor.

1. No "proof" was ever given that the game is "broken." The only "proof" given were some videos showing lag. To which anyone can post videos showing no lag. It's purely anecdotal for both sides.

2. You are posting in a thread for which you don't even own the game for. You can't even tell if the same issue exists today as it did when you sold your game. So your complaining holds even less weight.

3. The only people I'm "insulting" are the people complaining like children posting in absolutes and looking for confirmation bias like it's the third coming of Jesus. Referring to the people I'm directly talking to as "nice people" is hilarious given how this thread has gone.

4. This entire thing "reared back up" because you and your co-hort decided to try to attack the videos I posted in relation to posts earlier in the thread. Attacks that you cannot back up because evidence is not even on your side. Killcams/theater do not 100% correctly depict what occurred in the game. But you refuse to understand/acknowledge that. You don't know exactly what was happening in the games of the videos I posted. You're simply looking at them through biased eyes seeking any grain of salvation you can find to confirm that bias. Even if it's completely bullshit.

5. If I'm acting like a "douche" it's only because I'm trying to communicate in kind with those I'm addressing so that they might better understand.

And 6. I really am done with the back and forth with you and your buddy(ies). I've wasted enough of my time with this bickering.

Game runs great for me most of the time. Sucks to be you "expert."

David said they never had matchmaking based on skills on his twitter

I don't think regular mode ever was skill based, but League is.

I'll once again reiterate why I think the lag complaints are stronger with this game.

I think the lag issues are pretty similar at the launch of each COD.

However, with this game Treyarch did something different, which made people very irritated. They were matchmaking based on skill first, connection second. This meant that not only would you be in matches with less than ideal connections, but you'd be competing against people of a very similar skill level. That is a recipe for frustration. Very competitive opponents + less than ideal connections = bad idea.

With yesterday's patch a big part of this has been fixed though. They are now matching you based on connection first, skill second. This is going to bring the frustration levels down dramatically.

I do think some of the complaints are hilarious. Particularly the ones who believed that they're the ones being singled out by the lag. lol

Every host is going to change that dynamic, and even within a match your proximity to the host will vary from opponent to opponent, match to match. It is not a constant, for anyone.

Regardless, it should be better for everyone now.

Fantasmo

1. No "proof" was ever given that the game is "broken." The only thing "proof" given were some videos showing lag. To which anyone can post videos showing no lag. It's purely anecdotal for both sides.

2. You are posting in a thread for which you don't even own the game for. You can't even tell if the same issue exists today as it did when you sold your game. So your complaining holds even less weight.

3. The only people I'm "insulting" are the people complaining like children posting in absolutes and looking for confirmation bias like it's the third coming of Jesus. Referring to the people I'm directly talking to as "nice people" is hilarious given how this thread has gone.

4. This entire thing "reared back up" because you and your co-hort decided to try to attack the videos I posted in relation to posts earlier in the thread. Attacks that you cannot back up because evidence is not even on your side. Killcams/theater do not 100% correctly depict what occurred in the game. But you refuse to understand/acknowledge that.

5. If I'm acting like a "douche" it's only because I'm trying to communicate in kind with those I'm addressing so that they might better understand.

1) Yes there was. Plenty of it.

2) I had issue with the way you're REPEATEDLY INSULTING NICE POSTERS WITH GAME PROBLEMS.

3) WRONG. I've done my testing and all you contribute is calling me a liar, when it's you who is twisting everything because YOU DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM.

4) They reared back up because you continue to INSULT PEOPLE and I'm not gonna let the show be run by someone who doesn't experience the problem, because if they actually get fixed I might actually get the game again.

5) You are not communicating anything because the game has TREMENDOUS TECHNICAL ISSUES. Even if SOME of the issues are resolved, OTHERS MAY STILL HAVE TECHNICAL ISSUES. You though, are telling them they suck.

So:

You attacked me for several days
I don't like your attitude of other insulting people
The game has technical issues and they need to be fixed

If the newest patch fixes that, fuck yeah. I'll be watching the forums closely. But don't go claiming you were always Mr. Right when clearly the entire time you've been crapping on people with actual problems. YOUR lag issues are NORMAL gaming lag issues. We've repeatedly told you that OUR lag issues are NOWHERE NEAR every other game on the planets' normal lag issues. Yet you continue.. your attitude and insulting fucking sucks.

Care package kill cam! Except even better. It dropped from the sky as normal, but when I touched it it glitched and flew high in the air and hit a random person when it came back down.

He's either lying or he wasn't given good information by his team.

I am 110% sure they were matchmaking based on skill first, prior to this patch.

I began noting the k/d ratio of the lobbies I got into when playing solo in TDM. I had a k/d around 1.4 and 90% of the people in my games would a have k/d near mine. I observed this for the past few weeks now.

After yesterday's patch I immediately noticed a difference. Every lobby I get into is a complete mishmash of k/d ratios, and my k/d has increased rapidly along with this change, because there are now actual bad players in the mix.

Fantasmo

He's either lying or he wasn't given good information by his team.

I am 110% sure they were matchmaking based on skill first, prior to this patch.

I began noting the k/d ratio of the lobbies I got into when playing solo in TDM. I had a k/d around 1.4 and 90% of the people in my games would a have k/d near mine. I observed this for the past few weeks now.

After yesterday's patch I immediately noticed a difference. Every lobby I get into is a complete mishmash of k/d ratios, and my k/d has increased rapidly along with this change, because there are now actual bad players in the mix.
THIS is good news AND believable. And for the record, I saw your post, but I was too busy with someone else. Things gets fixed when you say they're broken. They continue to deteriorate when you nothing is said.

So you and AlienShogun actually owe us a thanks and an apology.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They need to hurry up and get the UAV patch onto PC!

8255935449_1450affa15_b.jpg

Had a blast with the pump shotgun today. Excellent with long barrel and laser sight. Very consistent 1-shot kills. My recommended perks are Lightweight, Engineer, and Dexterity.

Also today I got a Lightning Strike which filled the killfeed like twice. Destroyed a random Guardian too, got like 300 points from it...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Had a blast with the pump shotgun today. Excellent with long barrel and laser sight. Very consistent 1-shot kills. My recommended perks are Lightweight, Engineer, and Dexterity.

Also today I got a Lightning Strike which filled the killfeed like twice. Destroyed a random Guardian too, got like 300 points from it...

UAV Air Force. I've yet to touch shotguns or SMGs. Ill need to give them a look later.

Funny how you questioned my age earlier but you're on here acting like the 15 year olds that I hear on XBL every day.

Do you have any more worn out internet expressions you can throw at me? "Full of mad" "beast" "rage tears"

Card Boy

Banned

Sadly making the UAV 425 points wont do jack shit to get rid of the spam.

4 solutions for fixing the UAV spam

1) Get rid of UAVs altogether
2) Raise the score to like 500 to 600
3) Unnerf Ghost (this brings back more campers though)
4) Change UAV so it covers only a portion of the map and you have to dot it like Lightning Strike. But once only (instead of 3) with a 20M radius.

1350667428_8833_11.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

3 solutions for fixing the UAV spam

3) Change UAV so it covers only a portion of the map and you have to dot it like Lightning Strike. But once only (instead of 3) with a 20M radius.

1350667428_8833_11.jpg

1. Never going to happen.

2. Too high there needs to be low hanging fruit for "bad" players to get a self benefiting killstreak like the UAV

3. Sensor grenade already does that.

Someone got mad at me for playing the objective in Domination..
:(

What could they possibly have complained about. I'm curious what they said.

3 solutions for fixing the UAV spam

3) Change UAV so it covers only a portion of the map and you have to dot it like Lightning Strike. But once only (instead of 3) with a 20M radius.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/62/bf/1350667428_8833_11.jpg[/mg][/quote]
I've noticed much less UAV spam in my games.

THIS is good news AND believable. And for the record, I saw your post, but I was too busy with someone else. Things gets fixed when you say they're broken. They continue to deteriorate when you nothing is said.

So you and AlienShogun actually owe us a thanks and an apology.

I too complained about lag earlier in this thread. The difference is that I didn't feel the need to make up conspiracy theory nonsense to explain how it's only affecting a select number of us in some sort of Call of Duty lottery created by the universe to screw me over.

You will be receiving no such thanks, or apology from me. It's funny that you felt entitled to both though.

Having put several hours into the game today, you are wrong. Making the UAV cost more means you'll see it less. Quite a bit less.

I think the UAV should go back and forth like a Strafe Run, at least that way you can avoid it.

Or you can take 5 seconds to shoot it down, and then you avoid it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why don't people just shoot the UAVs down? I know I do.

I prefer to leave them up to provide the enemy with a false sense of safety, same reason I run right through shock charges and bouncing betties only to slaughter the people hiding behind them.

I too complained about lag earlier in this thread. The difference is that I didn't feel the need to make up conspiracy theory nonsense to explain how it's only affecting a select number of us in some sort of Call of Duty lottery created by the universe to screw me over.

You will be receiving no such thanks, or apology from me. It's funny that you felt entitled to both though.

The entitlement personality of kids like this shouldn't shock you. Neither should the fact that "they" think they actually caused "change."

Fantasmo

There's no conspiracy theory. The game has (had?) over half second lag for 90% of matches for many people. That people would downplay that is mind boggling especially when presented with proof, including from CoD veterans. That a few people made it your personal mission to crush any dissenters from that is disgusting behavior. Most of us aren't children on GAF and weren't acting as such. The opposite did a fine job showing their childish ways however.

Oh I just said it, I didn't actually expect it lol. Just a little reminder to myself whose viewpoints I can disregard in the future.

The entitlement personality of kids like this shouldn't shock you. Neither should the fact that "they" think they actually caused "change."

You resort to insulting again? Amazing. This type of behavior is a red flag gents. Definitely ignore comments from people that act like this. Things get accomplished when you ignore these guys.

I am 100% convinced Alienshogun is David Vonderhaar. There's no other reason for someone to be defending this shitty game so passionately.

eek5

Every CoD game has had UAV spam since it's the lowest streak. What makes it so bad in BLOPS2?

Getting enough points in objective game modes was probably a bit too easy. The way spawns are now, it is much more rare to get high pointstreaks so a lot of people are running lower pointstreak rewards which leads to more UAV spam. Nerfed ghost also means UAV is more powerful than before since you pick someone running ghost on your radar if they slip for even a second lol

You know, Alien, I was agreeing with you, but you're acting like a complete fucking asshole.

Anyways. Anyone want a little spot on Nuketown for Demo? Tell me how to get to my uploaded + rendered videos and I'll share it here. Wasn't going to, but after being called gay twice, accused of having a wallhack 3 times and having someone threaten to "find me" and "slit my throat", I've decided to share with GAF.

Card Boy

Banned
Every CoD game has had UAV spam since it's the lowest streak. What makes it so bad in BLOPS2?

Because nerfed Ghost, and with Hard Line being one of the better Perk 1 slots.

Right now i can que UAV, RC-XD and Hunter Kill Drone, because of the new scorestreak system i can keep on spamming UAVs in Objective modes because you are rewarded more points in those modes. The diffrence between UAV to Hunter Killer Drone is 425 to 550 points, so i can keep getting UAVs over and over again because it keeps ticking over once you get that Hunter Killer Drone.

It's actually less prevalent in TDM which i imagine the people saying its 'fine' mostly play. Play Kill Confirmed and its a whole new kettle of fish.

Thats also one bad thing about Black Ops 2, it lets you pick any 3 Scorestreaks unlike the other CODs where it was tiered. I remember in MW2 for example you couldn't choose both UAV and Care package out of that same group, it had to be one or the other.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Just picked this game up tonight. Somewhat confused by everything at first, but warming up to it.

Really glad I don't need more than one flash/concussion grenade anymore, and i can use that to add an additional attachment or whatever else I want.

Any recommendations on weapons? LMGs seem good, ARs are cool, SMGs seem OP as fuck yet again, Snipers seem balanced for the first time ever.

Also striving for the Gold Plated Diamond Encrusting. Ho-Lee-Shit!

Victrix

*beard*
Comedy option: Tactical Insertion, Fast Hands, and the Saiga 12 in Hardpoint.

Jack in the box, and he has a really spammy shotgun.

Xux

Comedy option: Tactical Insertion, Fast Hands, and the Saiga 12 in Hardpoint.

Jack in the box, and he has a really spammy shotgun.
S12 feels so ridiculously inconsistent when I use it and I rarely kill people in less than four five shots. Feels like I should just run the Five-seven which is a three shot kill out farther than most shotgun pellets reach and has double the ammo.

Victrix

*beard*
S12 feels so ridiculously inconsistent when I use it and I rarely kill people in less than four five shots. Feels like I should just run the Five-seven which is a three shot kill out farther than most shotgun pellets reach and has double the ammo.

I made a half joking post awhile back that I thought Shotguns were outclassed by Pistols.

... I'm not entirely sure that's half joke anymore.

The 870 will usually get 1sks if you ads, the KSG will as well but only if your connection is flawless. The S12 and 1216 are joke weapons.

The FN and the Tac? They'll kill your ass in 2 shots up close every time, have a faster refire, and are more consistent. The Tac will kill you in 2 out to a decent distance.

That's ignoring the raffica which can 1 burst you more reliably than the fucking burst ARs, and the Kap40 which is a better smg than the smgs (seriously, go look at its stats, it only lacks ammo capacity!)

We played a comedy round of all pistols in a six man party in headquarters and we handily crushed the other team o_O

Xux

It's like they were so scared by how the BO SPAS-12 was almost competitive with the ARs and SMGs out to a tiny range that they just had to make these automatic shotguns so weak. Or, since these are the weakest ARs, SMGs, and LMGs in the series they figured they should nerf shotguns to maintain COD4/BO's "perfect" balance, lol. They need to buff them to be at least on par with the COD4/BO archetypes if not higher.

Shotguns are too easy to use, if you make them more powerful you need to make it so that they are somehow balanced by a slow RoF or something. Automatic shotguns just dont belong in the game simply because anyone can walk into a room, hold the trigger and spray everywhere to clear the room out.

Xux

Shotguns are too easy to use, if you make them more powerful you need to make it so that they are somehow balanced by a slow RoF or something. Automatic shotguns just dont belong in the game simply because anyone can walk into a room, hold the trigger and spray everywhere to clear the room out.
They already have a slow rate of fire. If it takes more than two shots to kill with them, the S12, M1216, and Executioner are outclassed in every situation.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Played 3 hours straight of Sticks and Stones with a couple friends last night since we want to focus on getting platinum specials.

I regret nothing. One of the best play sessions I have had so far.

I've used the KSG, 870, and the S12 and like each of them. They all seem very, very effective in the roles I wanted to use them for without being overpowered or too versatile. My favorite is the S12; I'm able to clear out rooms or take out players moving about in a group with ease while using the s12, and it has plenty of ammo in the magazine so I don't have to worry about reloading mid firefight. Plus, since the sidearms in this game are actually good, I don't have to feel shy about making a shotgun class now. I'm gonna give the last shotgun a try this prestige and I can't wait. One of the biggest pluses about Black Ops two is how diverse most of the weapons are; alot of these guns have a unique characteristic that separates them from the other guns, and that makes each one exciting to use.

Top Bottom