• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Pingoreous

Both Infinity Ward and Treyarch have produced some shit maps, but Black Ops had some of the best. Firing Range, Summit, WMD were all instant classics. (I won't include Nuke Town because that is a severe love/hate with some people)

Yeah those are some classic maps and i would like to add GRID to those. But, SUMMIT is my favorite map in all COD. It doesn't hurt my decision that i usually do great in that map.

Nabs

Anyone know the cheapest option for the PC version?

I think you missed all the early deals (amazon/gamefly/newegg). You might have to wait a little bit until some more deals appear. You can get a $20 e-gift card from Dell.com if you buy from them.

Lulubop

I'm sorta excited for this, I was a big CoD guy a few years back but I've been worn out on the series. I've never played on PC, but I'm eager to what they've done with the PC version in terms of the dx11 features they promised and cheat prevention.

Looks like somebody didn't play World at War
I did and agree with him. even the bad maps are classics.

Ambush · Backlot · Bloc · Bog · Countdown · Crash · Crossfire · District · Downpour · Overgrown · Pipeline · Strike · Vacant

Showdown, Shipment and Wet Work only meh maps imo

Terminal favorite map from MW2
Seatown only likeable map from MW3

well fuck isn't that just absurd?

Companies often say the same thing when it comes to pre-order bonuses. Activision wants to be able to say that they have the most pre-ordered game of all time. So they put it out there that you need to pre-order if you want Nuketown 2025. They know that the original was the most popular map in Black Ops, so it's a huge incentive. But they'll eventually sell it separately or include it in a future map pack.

Fantasmo

Jesus quit the shit with Treyarch and IW. I like Blops as much as the next guy but MW2 was the most fun I've ever had with a game. And I hope Blops2 succeeds in bringing back some of that magic and by the looks of it their production values went up. Why would anyone blow smoke up a company's ass and shit on another before the game releases when they've both had stinkers. Wait and see.

Jesus quit the shit with Treyarch and IW. I like Blops as much as the next guy but MW2 was the most fun I've ever had with a game. And I hope Blops2 succeeds in bringing back some of that magic. Why would anyone blow smoke up a company's ass and shit on another before the game releases when they've both had stinkers. Wait and see.

NW2 was terrible and the beginning of the games not being that great.

Pingoreous

Jesus quit the shit with Treyarch and IW. I like Blops as much as the next guy but MW2 was the most fun I've ever had with a game. And I hope Blops2 succeeds in bringing back some of that magic and by the looks of it their production values went up. Why would anyone blow smoke up a company's ass and shit on another before the game releases when they've both had stinkers. Wait and see.

The Competition between Treyarch and what's left of IW is what gives us a better product. They don't acknowledge each other during their launch. They wanna beat each other.

Man, I'd love a mode where you can pick up weapons like in Halo (Old School mode).

I just feel like this is the one issue with COD, and it'd be so good if they would have a mode where everyone starts out with the same loadout and has to find weapons and perks for a different style MP. Instead we have games like Halo borrowing from COD instead.

I didnt like MW2 and I hated MW3, but I love COD4, enjoyed Blops, and am hoping Blops 2 is up to par for the PS3 version

Anyone know if we can FINALLY do second player sign in on PSN?

kuYuri

Another don't discuss anything on the a discussion thread comment.

Everyone is clearly never going to come to an agreement. Best to just say why you prefer CoD1/CoD2/CoD4/BO etc. instead of trying to convince someone to accept that your preferred CoD is superior. If anything, I'd rather see more discussion on BOII.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I forgot that it's not worth subscribing to COD threads until 3 months later when all the shitty posting is finished and it's just regular players.

EDarkness

Will the Wii U community post here or start it's own thread like with the Wii version?

I got a feeling they'll still get their own thread. Just seems so strange to me to post in this thread about the Wii U, when most of the people playing are probably on the 360. I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts up a specific Wii U thread. That's probably the one I'd post in, honestly.

Nostalgia blinds. It's the first modern COD experience everyone had, so you hold it in high regard. So two Developers just went to sleep after the very first Modern COD. Hard to believe.

I loved most parts about Blops, I really did. It's still the 2nd best game in a series, just a little behind CoD4. Disastrous PC port hugely disappointed me.

Will Zombies have matchmaking?

Read the OP.

Top Bottom