• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Gorillaz

Well it appears ACTIVISION server have banned alot of players on PS3 by mistake. When i log in to on my brother's account i can play online but not mine. I get a connection error on m account.

This is all I have been getting all day, every time I try to play online.
My friend told me about getting banned too.

This entire thing has gotten funnier and funnier by the minute for all the wrong reasons.

I feel bad for all you PS3 guys having problems. I remember the shit fest that was Blops 1 on PS3. I just ended up selling the thing after like a couple weeks of no fixes. I vowed never to buy COD on PS3 again.

Halcyon

For the people complaining about not hearing footsteps there is a later perk 2 I believe called awareness that increases enemy sounds.

So its in there you just have to use a perk to get the benefit

Goomba64

Banned
if you're having connection issues on ps3, try league play. that seems to be working fine.

has treyarch commented on PS3s freezing?

Linkhero1

For the people complaining about not hearing footsteps there is a later perk 2 I believe called awareness that increases enemy sounds.

I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at all perks but if this is true then it's the dumbest thing ever.

You shouldn't need that to hear footsteps. It's always been noisy in every COD. They need to fix it.

Kyoufu

if you're having connection issues on ps3, try league play. that seems to be working fine.

has treyarch commented on PS3s freezing?

I'm still a noob so I don't want to play like one in league mode.

I'm so pissed at Treyarch for not testing their shit.

Kapow

i didnt get an answer in the steam thread so im gonna ask here: Is there a way to get rid of the analog stick acceleration when playing on pc with a controller(360 or ps3)?

Linkhero1

Probably a dumb question, but does my NAT being moderate have anything to do with potential lag? It usually was open, but my router reset and all my port forwarding settings were wiped.

Shadybiz

Probably a dumb question, but does my NAT being moderate have anything to do with potential lag? It usually was open, but my router reset and all my port forwarding settings were wiped.

I am no expert, but possibly. I think what it has most to do with, though, is your ability to find games and to communicate with people by voice. However, a "moderate" NAT is supposed to be fairly comparable to "Open." It is when it is strict that you'll usually start to have problems.

I'm still a noob so I don't want to play like one in league mode.

I'm so pissed at Treyarch for not testing their shit.

It's a trial ladder currently, it'll reset Dec 1st, so no worries. I had that Error all last night and just did league ladder instead, had no issues there strangely.

I'm on I believe the 5th mission, in a flooded city trying to get past some drones. What the hell am I doing wrong? I get spotted and instakilled over and over. I don't even know how I'm getting spotted.

Edit: never mind I got past it

I don't think this is as good as the first black ops because COD at a slower pace is much better, but I'm still having fun in the objective modes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why waste a perk slot when u can turn up the sound to supercrunch or whatever in options lol

I'm really struggling with multiplayer-it's frustrating. As a COD vet, I'm finding that no techniques are actually working for me. If I play it safe, and move slowly from cover to cover-I get shot in the back. If I run and gun, I always lose one on one gunfights.

And then the ONE time I do have a great game-and I get the game winning kill-the host dashboards.

Also on Aftermath in Domination-if you lose that B flag-you're fucked. It's nearly impossible to take that back.

Pingoreous

Well i was able to play a game on ps3 by joining a friend's game already in session. When it ended i was kicked out with the connection error. 1 game all day. Thanks Treyatch

Xamdou

Xbox 360 version here, game works flawlessly! Wasn't a fan of Treyarch before but my initial impressions have been so far positive.

Some of the issues will get addressed eventually.

I remember in BOs1 the adjusted things like footsteps and spawn points soon after launch, I remember my brother (who uses those fancy gamer headphones to be a pro) cheering after they adjusted it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I... whaat...

I don't understand how can anticipate where the other players will be so perfectly. Even when they're not showing up on the minimap he's one step ahead. Does he see 2 seconds into the future or something???
Better understanding of map flow and player routes.

Top Bottom