• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Don't know if you'll find this as humorous as me, but Avenged Sevenfold frontman and David Vonderhaar (Black Ops 2 dev) are doing an AMA on reddit and this was a comment and response from both of them.

nc0he.png

Jack_AG

Banned
Why am I the only asshole planting the bomb in this game? I got 5 plants joining late when only 1 objective was left. My entire team thought it best to just hang where A was the rest of the match. Needless to say I died repeatedly.

Aside from the usual misfits not playing the objective, map design is utter shit. I feel like I wasted 60 bones on this garbage. At least Zombie shooting is fun.

At least once or twice in every match I have spawned taken one or two steps and then died.

That never ever happened in Blops 1.

Really?

I'm about to be lvl 20 and this never happened to me even once. I always get to run for at least a good 6 seconds or so before I encounter any threat.

I'm not saying this isn't possible but considering my experience you seem to exaggerate this out of proportion...

Then again I didn't experience any server crash, kick out or anything of the sort. The game has been very good to me.

FStop7

Banned
I'm playing BO2 on Veteran on my first run. It's honestly not that bad (as in cheap deaths).

I died a bunch of times because (early mission)

The sequence where the helicopter rescues us at the water's edge wouldn't trigger.

Linkhero1

Really?

I'm about to be lvl 20 and this never happened to me <b>once</b>. I always get to run for at least a good 6 seconds or so before I encounter any threat.

I'm not saying this isn't possible but considering my experience you seem to exaggerate this out of proportion...

It's not an exaggeration as many people have dealt with this problem. It's been mentioned that it depends on which game mode you're playing and the map. I've had it happen to me a numerous amount of times and it's getting pretty annoying.

At least once or twice in every match I have spawned taken one or two steps and then died.

That never ever happened in Blops 1.[/QUOTE

Really?

I'm about to be lvl 20 and this never happened to me <b>once</b>. I always get to run for at least a good 6 seconds or so before I encounter any threat.

I've definitely had spawns where I died less than five seconds later and it was somebody who was close bye.

It's not an exaggeration as many people have dealt with this problem. It's been mentioned that it depends on which game mode you're playing and the map. I've had it happen to me a numerous amount of times and it's getting pretty annoying.

Which mode are you playing?

To be honest the only mode I've tried so far is team deathmatch.

the servers must be getting hammered today, got into several matches where we were rubber banding over the place, others with massive lag, and a shitload of dropped matches.

Pardon me but this issue does not feel like it's a "given" in every TDM matches.

Still, due to the nature of the game, it's inevitable that it can happen from time to time. I mean, small maps, peoples everywhere...It happened to me back in the days with Q3A and UT.

Pardon me but this issue does not feel like it's a "given" in every TDM matches.

Its not awful, but its definitely noticeable especially when I had just played Halo 4 a few hours ago and I never just spawn next to somebody. I'd also sight BF3 as not having the problem, but that doesn't count since those maps are fucking huge and have fixed spawns.

Still, due to the nature of the game, it's inevitable that it can happen from time to time. I mean, small maps, peoples everywhere...It happened to me back in the days with Q3A and UT.

It cant be that complicated. Fuck, this never happens to me in Halo for example. When i get shot in the back in that game its cause the guy usually flanked me, he didn't just spawn right fokin back of me. God damn.

Linkhero1

Liquidsnake said it happens to him at least 2 times in every match, which is why I replied in the first place...

He said it's happened to him specifically but never said it was a given for everyone to experience the same issues if that's where you're getting at. I'd believe him since I went through some of the same problems he did in a majority of the TDM I've played so far.

It cant be that complicated. Fuck, this never happens to me in Halo for example. When i get shot in the back in that game its cause the guy usually flanked me, he didn't just spawn right fokin back of me. God damn.

I'm not into Halo but I did notice that spawning was never an issue in the series from what I've played.

Its not awful, but its definitely noticeable especially when I had just played Halo 4 a few hours ago and I never just spawn next to somebody. I'd also sight BF3 as not having the problem, but that doesn't count those message are fucking huge.

I should definitely try Halo 4 multiplayer, but I want to finish the campaign first! And yeah, BF3 obviously doesn't have this problem. Huge ass maps, gold rush mode and you're set :)

He said it's happened to him specifically but never said it was a given for everyone to experience the same issues if that's where you're getting at. I'd believe him since I went through some of the same problems he did in a majority of the TDM I've played so far.

I'm not into Halo but I did notice that spawning was never an issue in the series from what I've played.

There were issues where some people would "know" where people would spawn at times (in Halo3), but it wasnt this rampant and frustrating when playing in MM. If they can do it, these guys surely can too.

From time to time =/= all the freaking time. Hell, like I said, it never happened to me so far!

It seems to be an issue on very specific maps. It stands out on Yemen, Hijack, and one other whose name I can't bring to mind. Oh and Nuketown, but you know what you're getting into when you step in that playlist.

You know, id be very curious to see a stat in this game that tells me where on my body that im getting shot at. Im willing to bet that close to 50% (if not more) of my deaths in this game are bullets to the back.

Realyn

Oh come on ... My last match before I would have gotten my first prestige. And what happened?

I started 20-0 on Hardcore FFA, getting a choper and stuff. Then Kaspersky was all "Oh, let's suddenly fuck up the mouse driver so he can't shoot anymore". Was only able to use my Keyboard and plant 2 Claymore's everytime I respawned. Sadly didn't win the match and didn't get enough EXP.

Fuck antivir!

Oh come on ... My last match before I would have gotten my first prestige. And what happened?

I started 20-0 on Hardcore FFA, getting a choper and stuff. Then Kaspersky was all "Oh, let's suddenly fuck up the mouse driver so he can't shoot anymore". Was only able to use my Keyboard and plant 2 Claymore's everytime I respawned. Sadly didn't win the match and didn't get enough EXP.

Fuck antivir!

Antivir: It works TOO well.

It seems to be an issue on very specific maps. It stands out on Yemen, Hijack, and one other whose name I can't bring to mind. Oh and Nuketown, but you know what you're getting into when you step in that playlist.

I don't know... I guess I'm just very lucky. Even on Hijack, which is arguably the smallest map, it never happened to me. But doesn't hijack have like 2 main spawn points? Like one on each side of the ship?

About Nuketown: I didn't bother to use my code yet. It's my first CoD game, yet I am fully aware of the cluster fuck that is this map. Peoples were successful into making me scared of it.

Hmm. Trying to decide if I should open the shrink wrap on this. Halo 4 caught me off guard and I think I actually prefer the multiplayer in that to MW3, and finals & the holidays will be coming soon.

Ah fuck it. lol

Pingoreous

Well it appears ACTIVISION servers have banned alot of players on PS3 by mistake. When i log in to on my brother's account i can play online but not mine. I get a connection error on my account.

Here is the latest Update from Vahn:
We are chasing an issue with Sony right now. It's not just Black Ops 2 users who get dropped, we are seeing it across all PSN titles that Activision supports.At one point, we dropped 100,000 users. I was one of them.I'm not saying it's not happening to you. I'm sure it's happening to you. My point is that we are not down. 367,210 people are online right now (PS3 MP). For those who still can't connect on PS3, you are not forgotten. I'd like you to be part of the people making that number go up.

Vahn

Top Bottom