• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Goddamn. First time getting 1st place on the winning team with 42-20 on hardpoint.

Removed my Kuda long barrel to equip some throwies. Barely used them but relearning my range with the Kuda and no LB. I don't think it needs one, tbh. I still love my Elo for the sight pic.

Stepped up my game by abusing the wall run in least-expected spots. Getting better at rounding corners but still fuck up occasionally on the slide. I think the wall game, even on short surfaces catches a lot of people off guard. Got multiple triple kills ambushing from above. Feels good. I'm not quite 100% yet on working the slide but I'm getting better.

Pred missile
Harrier
AC 130
(repeat 2-3 times in a match)

Good times

My friend, we all know the proper setup is Harrier -> Chopper Gunner -> Nuke. What was astonishing more than anything is that despite there being killstreaks in the air 24/7, absolutely no one would use launchers for some odd reason! Probably because secondaries were actually useful in MW2 and allowed you to use things like the AA-12.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
My friend, we all know the proper setup is Harrier -> Chopper Gunner -> Nuke. What was astonishing more than anything is that despite there being killstreaks in the air 24/7, absolutely no one would use launchers for some odd reason! Probably because secondaries were actually useful in MW2 and allowed you to use things like the AA-12.

Or that a stinger could take out an incoming nuke.

Bishop89

Chopper gunner was in my other killstreak setup 😉

Considering they nerfed shotguns A LOT, they should have never made them primary weapons. Especially now that there are like 6 items total listed in the secondary list, 3 pistols (lol), 2 launches, only one which can manually be shot at soldiers (double lol, where the hell is my rpg?) and now a knife takes up a slot. THATS IT!

MDRYEBn.png

1Jg5Qw1.png

One has the line and one doesn't so unsure of the difference but oh well.

Oh, right. I've seen that plenty of times, lol.

Not sure to be honest, like the other person said, it might be proximity, or it might be below or above. I'll try to keep an eye out and figure it out.

Might mean there is more than one enemy.

Dante316

From the thread so I started to use awareness with headphones but for the life of me I cannot hear the extra movement. No clue what I should be hearing?? Is there a way to know because I can't tell a difference.

Victrix

*beard*
Is it possible to shoot through any walls in MP? Or does every surface block bullets?

Is there a way to wall hang without moving, like in Titanfall?

Yes, dependent on gun penetration, same as previous cods. FMJ makes it easier. LMG or an AR with extmags/FMJ is the only really practical way to use it. Amusingly treyarch's busted ass autoaim that tracks through walls makes wallbanging pretty easy.

No.

ryseing

Shotguns being secondaries were a massive mistake.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to say I love how quick it is to use the first missile launcher, I really hope they don't nerf the ready-up, or lock-on times.

I know there's a burst first SMG you unlock later right? Can anyone who has used it let me know how it compares to the Chicom from BO2? That's my absolute favourite gun ever.

Hows the Zombie mode on the X1? I am not a big fan of CoD's MP, but I am thinking of getting this game just for for this. Is it worth getting atm?

EDIT: None of my friends have or will be getting it, so I will have to either play solo or with randoms.

Lyonaz

I wish there was a medal for getting a kill in the water against someone else who is in the water too. Unless I'm missing it, and there is one.

There is, it's a Dark Ops challenge, but you both need to be close to drowning for it to count. It grants you the Dr Lung calling card.

Randam

MW2 to this day remains my favorite game of all time. Someone here on GAF summed it up perfectly as "it was the best of time, it was the worst of time." How very true.

It was the pinnacle of the series and it's chaotic nature did not sit well with the non-hardcore player who was in it just to have fun. The complaints rolled in and the series has changed drastically as a result.

The biggest example of this is Ghosts. People bitched so much about 24/7 air support in MW2/3 that IW did the unthinkable and used the most boring killstreaks in the CoD history, further compounded by adding so many buildings that it nullified all air-based killstreaks.

I miss those days. The days where hearing "Enemy AC-130 in the air!" struck fear in the heart of players and made them scramble for cover. Even better was launching a 105mm shell into a window and killing everyone who thought they were safe inside.

if only they would have patched knifing, noob tubes and one man army, boosting and all the other bullshit.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hows the Zombie mode on the X1? I am not a big fan of CoD's MP, but I am thinking of getting this game just for for this. Is it worth getting atm?

EDIT: None of my friends have or will be getting it, so I will have to either play solo or with randoms.

Getting into a game online has been a pain in the ass. But when it works, it's still insanely fun.

MW2 to this day remains my favorite game of all time. Someone here on GAF summed it up perfectly as "it was the best of time, it was the worst of time." How very true.

Complaining effectively "ruined" CoD. MW2 was an amazing clusterfuck with amazing variety, rage, bullshit and fun. Then Black Ops removed most of what was "wrong" about MW2 and now the series has become stale in terms of variety and fastest gun always wins now. Let me Akimbo some shotguns or SMGs. Let me shoot a god damn javelin at an area.

At least I got to experience it though. Black Ops is still a great series of MP, but I do miss the highly populated and hackerless lobbies from back in the day.

Victrix

*beard*
Are you really suggesting that the Rangers should have been Primaries?

Most Shotguns in MW2 were only good with stopping power, a perk that turned many ARs and SMGs into 2HKs.

People are now and have always been allergic to shotguns that aren't complete trash in fps games. Not really sure why. SMG rushers in particular get incredibly salty if they die to a shotgun, it's kind of hilarious.

How is the 6th sense perk balanced exactly?

Is there a dedicated perk against it? I imagine a lot of people run it

Hardwired shuts Sixth Sense/Tracker down. They still work, but the range is incredibly short and the footsteps fade incredibly quick.

Holy hell I've never played a COD game with such a bad framerate during the campaign. Really wish this game was better optimized on consoles. Disappointing to see that's for sure

Currently have 3 AR's with gold camo:

KN-44
Man-O-War
Sheiva

Messed around with the emblem maker again:

Isw97Nb.png

Getting to 1st prestige took about 19 hours. Currently I'm at 1 day and 3 hours played and im Prestige 1, level 51. I have to say, this run is going much faster than the first time around. Maybe it's cause I'm using different weapons/completing different challenges.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pred missile
Harrier
AC 130
(repeat 2-3 times in a match)

Good times

I just miss the sheer number of weapons you could wield Akimbo. All handguns (of which there were a sterling 8), all sub machine guns (of which there were 5), and 2 shotguns. Plus you could combo other attachments with Akimbo too, to get some dual silenced UMPs or whatever the rage was.

Now all we have are the 3 handguns in Black Ops III. :( And you can't equip any other attachments with Dual Wield.

sigh...

It's 2015. Why the fuck am I still seeing "Migrating Hosts" screens (twice in one game)?
Same as it's been since Ghosts, hybrid system of P2P and dedicated servers. They claim 95% of your games should be on dedis, though.

Btw, anyone using an SSD on PS4 notice you're always the first in? Sometimes it's so fast I have time to get to the enemy spawn before any of them enter the game, lol.

Fuck. Losing every face to face when an hour ago I was stomping. Killcams show me barely getting a round or two off when I'm damn near emptying a clip into people.

Amazing.

EL CUCO

Are most people able to see all their friends playing Blops 3 through the social game menu? I can usually only see about 2 or 3 playing when there's really about 10...

I remember this was happening during beta as well. I wonder if it has to do with having over a specific amout of friends.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think it might be the clan/kill counter tag thats considered an attachment.

Exactly, you can use a camo without issue.

Hit prestige 2 and grabbed Ghost (Purifier first). Next on the list is Dead Silence.

I was stinger 24/7. I'm the guy who shot down every. single. UAV. the enemy threw up there. My brother and friend loved it.

Goddamn. If Treyarch doesn't take some of that half billion to work servers on PS4 I'm out. This BS is one of the reasons I stopped playing. Absolutely zero fucking reason to go from 2:1 to 0.4 in a matter of hours. None. Every damn killcam the past few games I barely get a round off when I'm getting multiple hit markers like mad. No reason for that shit.

Top Bottom