• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

The End

Does anyone expect the PS4 version of Black Ops 3 to be cheaper than $53, as it is on Amazon right now, within a week or two? I really want to get it and don't feel like waiting, but will wait if it can get cheaper in that time frame.

If you're not going to do a B2G1 deal or a bundle, probably not.

Xeilyn

My fav scorestreak along with the Dart by far.

Nice wreckage, BTW.
Cheers, tried the dart a bit in the beta, ended up flying into walls all the time. You get good results with it?
haha niceeeeeeeeee

I'm a big fan of cerberus + wraight + raps

But I do not like to control the cerberus, as im not a big fan of controlling streaks.

I let it do its own thing

I run Counter-UAV + Cerberus + Wraith. The problem i have with the A.I controlled cerberus is that everytime i let him do his thing he wanders off to the edge of the map and does nothing

EL CUCO

Advise, dont always rush for B. Try to find a good time to do it, and you need to go with teammates, then defend b as much as possible, whoever has 2 dom spots the longest wins.
I like rushing B at the start of the match. There's always 1 or 2 randoms on A/C anyways. It seems to work as long as you push with a few other teammates. I'm always concerned that the other team might set up before mine. As you can tell, I'm fairly new to DOM in CoD lol

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Cheers, tried the dart a bit in the beta, ended up flying into walls all the time. You get good results with it?

Yeah. I just steer it over the map for the first rocket kill and then line up for an indoors run. Usually get all three rocket KIAs.

Plus an extra one if I manage to hit someone head on with the actual Dart itself.

Dart - Hellstorm and Cerberus for the win. (Literally)

jorgejjvr

I run Counter-UAV + Cerberus + Wraith. The problem i have with the A.I controlled cerberus is that everytime i let him do his thing he wanders off to the edge of the map and does nothing

From time to time I control him to put him in b for example, helps capture. At times I also have 2 ceberus at once and they destroy on their own

I like having ground streaks and air streaks at the same time. The ceberus seems to last me forever too

I like rushing B at the start of the match. There's always 1 or 2 randoms on A/C anyways. It seems to work as long as you push with a few other teammates. I'm always concerned that the other team might set up before mine. As you can tell, I'm fairly new to DOM in CoD lol
Rushing at the beginning is a good idea, if you have teammates to back you up

Klyka

Banned
Haha that was awesome, I agree, sometimes you have to. But other times you can't just randomly rush in there to your death.

The spikes were great in that situation btw

Here's some general game play of mine, I do have a guilty pleasure of rushing be with Specter's ripper tho

https://youtu.be/fcbdGMR4I5E

yeah the spikes were why I went for it, i figured I could maybe kill 2 people or so with it, did NOT expect to pull off what I did there.

man watching PS4 gameplay, it's such a different game on consoles.

Klyka

Banned
You playing on pc?

How is it different?

Yeah I'm on PC.

Just the aiming and how quickly people engage and such.
On PC everything happens at breakneck speed, people jump around like crazy and people can look around them way more and faster so target acquisition happens faster.

It's just a bit of a different meta.

jorgejjvr

If my experience so far is spawn walk 10 steps forward, and get killed; what do i need to change? Do I need to slow it down or what?
Slow it down a bit

Look around corners

Don't put your body at the open out there

As a smg player I try to go around the map and get behind them

Get to gun fights I can win, know when to not engage

Etc

If my experience so far is spawn walk 10 steps forward, and get killed; what do i need to change? Do I need to slow it down or what?

Do you have Awareness perk equipped? If not do that. Try aiming as you move around corners. Dont run out into open areas and if you have to, hug a wall and try to move between obstacles so you dont get stuck in sight lines. If you see a blip near you on the radar, crouch and move. If the enemy has awareness equipped, he may hear you stomping toward him from around the corner, crouching can combat this.

Try the Gorgon ;)

Klyka

Banned

Try to get map awareness.
You basically want to never be in a place on the map where you can get shot out of more than 1 direction. Once you become aware of this and start to instinctively set up in positions that can't easily get flanked,you'll already die a lot less.

Then, you need to always look at your minimap,it is THE most important tool.
What it especially shows you very easily,is where your teammates are.
Cause,see the game tries to put teamspawns opposite of each other.
So say your team spawns in the south and enemy team in the north. And now your team rushed through and kills all the enemies and you are now in the north area of the map. the game will spawn all the enemies in the south.
If you keep an eye on your map,to see where the bulk of your teammates are,you can anticipate where enemies will spawn so they don't surprise you from behind.

Only sprint when you know enemies are further away. Once you get closer to the action, walk. When you go around corners and you are pretty sure enemies are there, ADS before turning the corner so your gun is already up.

If you're running weapons that aren't SMGs or shotguns, use vantage spots and pick people off from there. Use the outside of your map to navigate since you usually have cover there and avoid middle unless your team has control of it. When you're good enough to handle your own and know the spots that get more traffic, I would utilize the middle more often for more kills if you like the high risk, high reward aspect of it.

Oh, and one cool cookie I noticed yesterday, the map extends out more horizontally than vertically, so you have more awareness of your sides than what is in front or behind you. If the enemy team is out of reach in front or behind you, just simply rotate to the side to have better awareness of where they are at without having to pause for it (if the map is still available in the pause menu). It helps me out in more open maps so that I don't think everyone is just getting out the spawn but they are actually closer to you and I end up getting killed because I ran out in the open thinking it was safe. I think past CoDs had maps that were square, and if true, this is the first time they altered the map to look this way.

Nabs

Yeah I'm on PC.

Just the aiming and how quickly people engage and such.
On PC everything happens at breakneck speed, people jump around like crazy and people can look around them way more and faster so target acquisition happens faster.

It's just a bit of a different meta.

Blops 3 on PC is basically Crack Ops 3.

Klyka

Banned
Blops 3 on PC is basically Crack Ops 3.

Completely agree. I am nowhere near my old speed when it comes to these games, but I can kinda-ish hold my own.
Sometimes with an energy drink in me I can even keep up pretty damn well.

But the game is just fast fast fast, it's crazy fun :D

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I need to try that gun. Even though there's lots of small spaces in this game there's also a lot of long sight lines. I'm worried how it will do in longer ranges. Maybe only use it in the smaller maps.

I only use Haymaker on Combine and Nuketown if the other team are using it.

If you're gonna go slow, keep an eye on map constantly because you will get caught up from behind. So if you don't see any teammates behind you its time to turn around. The spawns flip so god damn frequently in this game that slow can be just as dangerous.

Question, I know the Nuketown map is only in the nuketown playlist right now, but is it going to be put into regular rotation or will it be relegated to "special" playlists?

I remember when Advanced Warfare came out I preordered so I could get Gorge which apparently was a remake of Pipeline from COD4. I still have NOT played that map and do not know why.

jorgejjvr

Question, I know the Nuketown map is only in the nuketown playlist right now, but is it going to be put into regular rotation or will it be relegated to "special" playlists?

I remember when Advanced Warfare came out I preordered so I could get Gorge which apparently was a remake of Pipeline from COD4. I still have NOT played that map and do not know why.

I would love to see Nuketown in regular map rotation as well

Is this ever happening?

zeelman

Like Black Ops 2, Nuketown was in its own playlist the first week (or weekend in this case), then it got moved to the Chaos Moshpit. It will have its own playlist during Double XP weekends as well. If I remember correctly, Nuketown wasn't added to the regular playlists in BO2 until after Christmas. I would expect the same for this game.

Ugh, =[ About to prestige for the first time and my aim is still so bad on ps4. I just can't get a handle on aiming. I get the jump on people all the time, blow half a clip before they shoot back and I just get killed instead. My k\d is still .80 because of my potato aim. =\

Ugh, =[ About to prestige for the first time and my aim is still so bad on ps4. I just can't get a handle on aiming. I get the jump on people all the time, blow half a clip before they shoot back and I just get killed instead. My k\d is still .80 because of my potato aim. =\

Are you overshooting your aim or is it not fast enough? If its the former, lower sensitivity a little bit, if its the latter, raise it.

I had an issue when I first got the game where I just couldnt snap to my targets and felt like I was "dragging" my sight. Eventually I jacked my sensitivity to 9 or 10 and now it feels like what I'm normally used to.

Ugh, =[ About to prestige for the first time and my aim is still so bad on ps4. I just can't get a handle on aiming. I get the jump on people all the time, blow half a clip before they shoot back and I just get killed instead. My kd is still .80 because of my potato aim. =
Try hip fire with laser sight. It's more forgiving than ADS if precision aiming is your issue. (Works well on silenced SMGs.)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Having fun but feel handicapped without headphones. Watching some kill cams of people killing me makes it really obvious how much of an advantage you can have with headphones and awareness on.

Are you overshooting your aim or is it not fast enough? If its the former, lower sensitivity a little bit, if its the latter, raise it.

I had an issue when I first got the game where I just couldnt snap to my targets and felt like I was "dragging" my sight. Eventually I jacked my sensitivity to 9 or 10 and now it feels like what I'm normally used to.

Try hip fire with laser sight. It's more forgiving than ADS if precision aiming is your issue. (Works well on silenced SMGs.)

My issue is mainly when people are at medium\long range. I tend to shoot far to one side of them, then I still have time to correct it and end up shooting too far to their other side, lol. I'll try lowering the sensitivity for that since its too far to hip fire I believe. =\

What Treyarch maps do u guys want to see remade?

Standoff in Blops 2 is pretty fun

I loved:

Upheaval
Castle (water to swim in)

Hanoi
Summit

Victrix

*beard*
General rule of thumb: People whining about TTK are talking out their ass and have next to no idea of the actual stk/rof values involved

Duxxy3

Having fun but feel handicapped without headphones. Watching some kill cams of people killing me makes it really obvious how much of an advantage you can have with headphones and awareness on.

A nice set of headphones is a huge advantage.

Top Bottom