• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Sorral

I don't know about MGS2 levels, but most COD campaigns seem to age favorably (except Ghosts). People claim to love Advaned Warfare now and it seems like it was just yesterday it was universally slammed by everyone.

The AW campaign was received positively for the most part. It's the MP where people are divided about it and more negatively around here than positively.

It seems that Treyarch got it the other way around at the moment. At least from the reactions that I have been reading on here.

I love how the B Dom spot in Breach is in a tiny little room. I'm pretty sure most of my 18 defends I had were from me sitting there with the Haymaker.

That room was amazing with the Thermite grenade then using Glitch for my Prophet challenges. 1~3 surprise attacks every time. Using my KRM in there is great as well and now a lot more people check this corner first lol.

Also Ghost seems weird in this game, sometimes I just walk without aiming down sights with an SMG, and I'll be on the map until I sprint.

You can get Ghost to work while ADS'ing with a stock on SMGs, but you're not even ADS'ing, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Which SMG were you using?

The BRM is a really solid LMG in my opinion. I was running it with grip, and the recon sight tonight, and did quite well with it. I've used it well with other sights too.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Scavenger is back to being great. It refills equipment again. Trip mines and shock lances for everyone! Lol

Had so much fun running and gunning and just throwing shit everywhere. At one point on combine I had equipment and hives all over the map.

Bishop89

Scavenger is back to being great. It refills equipment again. Trip mines and shock lances for everyone! Lol

Had so much fun running and gunning and just throwing shit everywhere. At one point on combine I had equipment and hives all over the map.

cant refill with explosives though, that sucks :/

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol...something doesn't look right here. at least i made him suicide after he knifed me

8Jv9ong.gif

Playing Zombies split screen is really annoying, the text is so small it's barely readable. Makes it really frustrating to play. I don't understand how stuff like this happens, does nobody test the game before it ships?

Kysen

if only they would have patched knifing, noob tubes and one man army, boosting and all the other bullshit.
No the knifing is what made it great. I am trying to run a similar setup, completely silent and off the radar. Non stop rushing.

Having fun but feel handicapped without headphones. Watching some kill cams of people killing me makes it really obvious how much of an advantage you can have with headphones and awareness on.

A nice pair of headphones + awareness is a good combination for sure. Sixth sense also seems like a usful perk which allows a similar level of knowledge

The kill streak chat is making me miss older cod - it also seems like not only are most of the kill streaks heavily nerfed but take a lot more score to get - r.i.p uav at 3 kills

shmoglish

Yup, the chests for ten tokens are fine enough. Bought 4 so far and there was only one without a rare/better (two with rare items and this one with a legendary)

CTmvieRXIAA6qAQ.png:large

Randam

No the knifing is what made it great. I am trying to run a similar setup, completely silent and off the radar. Non stop rushing.

no, knifing, especially with commando was one of the thing that ruined MW2.

finaly they fixed melee in BO3.
knife still being a weapon kinda sucks nonetheless .

So no word yet on HC KC and DOM?

Still bummed that they didn't include it.... I'll be playing Tomb Raider until they add it.

did they have those hc variations in one of the older games?

Man. How common is this after the initial launch?

Did past dedicated server COD games get fixed?

How does AW run?
Its not common for me. Last night was the first night I noticed a huge change in killcams. I have been running my Kuda since rank 1 and I'm familiar with its TTK at multiple ranges so I try to play to its strengths since I like the gun. I usually can win any face to face unless I don't mind my ass and setup the encounter improperly - I will then usually try to gain ground instead of fighting but I've said earlier my slide work is rough.

But in later games when I know I've got the drop on a face to face and my TTK goes up - I pay attention to the killcam. That's when I notice I can barely get a few rounds out (not enough to kill) when on my screen I sent plenty downrange wih hit markers that should qualify as a kill.

This isn't the first COD to have these issues on console (PS4 here) so I'm a little pissed they still haven't moved on to legit netcode.

I've had a fairly smooth experience so far with the one-off game noticing a bit of lag which, IMO, is within the margin of error. But last night was just horrible. Averaging 2 per game then out of nowhere losing every fight and being sub 0.5 is some shit.

You really blaming a dev for you being bad ?
Yes. That's EXACTLY it.

Archpath1

New Secret Camo. After diamond ofcourse.

DARK MATTER

it's tied to the hidden dark ops challenges

Good luck getting this shit

Bishop89

na commando knife was great, knifing entire teams was fun as.

LordRaiden

Neo Member

Yup, MW3, BLOPS2, AW, Ghosts, etc

Why on earth remove the most popular HC game modes?! I just.......never mind..

I bought the Xbone with this pre-loaded on it. Thank God I didn't buy it. Otherwise I would've returned it the minute I found out these modes weren't in.

Ensoul

Couple things I have noticed.

TTK isn't consistent. Sometimes I hit guys three times they die, other times I hit them over six times and I die first. Obviously there are factors, like lag and if the guy was just in a fight but regardless there is not much consistency.

Running around is a good way to die often. The best strategy is holding down an area ad letting guy come to you.

nath999

So no word yet on HC KC and DOM?

Still bummed that they didn't include it.... I'll be playing Tomb Raider until they add it.

Vahn was on TheRace Livestream and said he hearing what hardcore players want but right now they're going to give it time before they change anything on the playlists.

Vahn was on TheRace Livestream and said he hearing what hardcore players want but right now they're going to give it time before they change anything on the playlists.

I honestly didn't know people still played Hardcore playlists. No offense at all (i used to play all the time as well) I just figured these CoDs were "hardcore" enough as is and everyone migrated away from the playlists. The TTKs are all super low, movement super fast etc. Is the lack of default map what draws most Hardcore players these days? What's the big draw/main difference in BO3?

Finally made it past round 10 in zombies. Died at 16 and haven't found a good strategy yet. Any recommendations?

Go through the rift and into the pack a punch area. You can train for days in that place since you have a trap behind you and you can call in robocop by going through the rift that leads to the footlight district. By round 15 you'll probably also have the wonder weapon. Pack a punch that and you are pretty much set to go as high as your heart desires.

Man I'm super disappointed in the pump shottie and the argus. Do these get better with attachments?

I used to love SPASing people in mw2/3 and even that pump shottie from AW was pretty damn good, but I swear they seem so useless in this game. No joke I was playing on combine yesterday and was in a room near one of the spawns and no joke shot some guy twice in the back from 5 feet away and he didnt go down.

What? XR-2 punishes you the second you miss your first burst or all shots didn't land. It also is one of the worst ARs to have in close range.

And the burst weapons being one burst kill is what makes them viable. Anything less and they are useless. They reward you for accuracy, but you can easily lose a gun battle if you miss, usually it being your first burst.

If you think the burst weapons are bad here, you probably were (or would) foaming at the mouth with CoD4's M16, MW2's FAMAS, BO1's G11, MW3's Type 95, and so on.

I honestly feel any nerf to the burst weapons is a crime when all shots in one burst need to land for a one burst kill. M8 is the only thing I can see getting toned down and it probably will be a range nerf if anything, but even that gun is fine.

I think all the SMGs have a bit of a range issue and the Pharo just accentuates that. I just felt like I was doing the other guys dirty when using the Pharo but this game is pretty well balanced. There's nothing egregiously powerful or at least the right combination hasn't been discovered yet. I might try the M8 though, see how it is. I prestiged my HVK yesterday. The grip is what makes that gun.

Nvzman

I'm really happy they brought back 4 player splitcreen for this game.
Both zombies and multiplayer seem fairly solid framerate-wise when I played with 2 other people. It wasn't 60 but it might have been above 30.

Klyka

Banned
I think all the SMGs have a bit of a range issue and the Pharo just accentuates that. I just felt like I was doing the other guys dirty when using the Pharo but this game is pretty well balanced. There's nothing egregiously powerful or at least the right combination hasn't been discovered yet. I might try the M8 though, see how it is. I prestiged my HVK yesterday. The grip is what makes that gun.

So far I haven't thought to myself yet "Oh,of cours ehe was using THAT" which is usually a good sign when we are close to 1 week into the game.

Randam

SMGs are pretty OP in this game imo.

Even at max range, I get killed by SMGs, when I'm using the "oh soo op" Gordon.
That thing is so slow, that the smg kills me, between two bullets of the Gordon.

Nvzman

Even at max range, I get killed my SMGs, when I'm using the "oh soo op" Gordon.
That thing is so slow, that the smg kills me, between to bullets of the Gordon.
My friend claims the VMP is OP, but from my personal experience it's really not. Has anyone else had any luck with that thing?

They are far from op, they suck at range and lose to ARs in those encounters. People bitch about the Gorgon because its a 2 hit kill, but its slow as fuck and has all the other trade offs of a lmg. If it was truly op everyone would be using it. I haven't seen an uptick in users similar to the XMGs from AW after patch where it became the best hip fire gun in the game, even then you were lucky to see it outside of a week after that buff hit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I disagree a lot.

I lose a lot of firefights against the Pharo but haven't had a chance to use it myself. Aside from that, I mostly win against anyone using an SMG all things equal while using my KN-44 or Gorgon.

On another note, I remember during the beta the Talon was terrible as a companion scorestreak but awesome when you took control. It seems like the exact opposite now, when I take control I feel like the hit detection is way off on that thing, but it's beastly on its own when you're capping/defending an objective.

Edit: I don't feel like it was unfair when I get killed by the Pharo btw, I think the majority of time I got killed by it the other player was clearly better than me.

Top Bottom