• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Toa TAK

Banned
Wait you can beat the zombie modes? I thought it was just round based survival.

Bro, where have you been since WAW? :p

Nah, it's still round-based survival, but there are a couple maps where once you complete the Easter Egg, the level ends (Mob of the Dead, Origins). Other maps had it that you got all the perks and you just continued.

Dominator

Wait you can beat the zombie modes? I thought it was just round based survival.
They are, and it didn't end there as you can see, but they do have story related things that can be done while fighting the zombies.

There is actually deep lore for the zombies mode, linking all of the maps together with an overarching story.

ncslamm

Finally Prestiged last night after about 20 hours of gameplay. i've mostly been playing Hardpoint and going for challenges with the LMGs. Dingo and Dredge are gold so far and now i'm working on the BRM. I got battery maxed out with all unlocks and I'm almost done with Ruin.

What unlock did you guys take for your first Prestige? I took Dead Silence. I don't even need Awareness to hear enemy footsteps now and it's so nice to wallrun and not hear that CLING CLING CLING CLING CLING.

batrush

Finally Prestiged last night after about 20 hours of gameplay. i've mostly been playing Hardpoint and going for challenges with the LMGs. Dingo and Dredge are gold so far and now i'm working on the BRM. I got battery maxed out with all unlocks and I'm almost done with Ruin.

What unlock did you guys take for your first Prestige? I took Dead Silence. I don't even need Awareness to hear enemy footsteps now and it's so nice to wallrun and not hear that CLING CLING CLING CLING CLING.

Dead Silence. Can't play comfortably without it.

I think this may be the first time since MW3 that I'm going to be buying DLC for COD. I missed BO2 for personal/health reasons when it came out, Ghosts was way too boring and crappy and AW was just crap. Looking forward to new maps as well as remakes :)

ncslamm

I think this may be the first time since MW3 that I'm going to be buying DLC for COD. I missed BO2 for personal/health reasons when it came out, Ghosts was way too boring and crappy and AW was just crap. Looking forward to new maps as well as remakes :)

Here's to hoping for Castle, Raid, Summit, Standoff, Hijacked, or WMD remakes!

jorgejjvr

getting a bit more lately some of the -

I get killed in 2 shots, it takes them forever to die.

This can be contributed to lag right? Or peer to peer?

I've noticed quite a difference lately

itsc4z

Neo Member
My friend claims the VMP is OP, but from my personal experience it's really not. Has anyone else had any luck with that thing?

Close range it is very OP using grip and quick draw or rapid fire on it but it takes some skill to kill someone at range with it imo, because the damage is quite weak and if you hold down your fire button it has pretty bad recoil, so you have to pop shot.

When I use it, I tend to ignore people at range and just run in a diff direction.

Same issue on X1. I start off good then as the night progresses I can't kill shit as people just sponge, even when I get the jump on someone they drop me first, its bullshit.

I had some horrific lag last night. Not many issues before that but it was almost unplayable for me.

I wrote about my thoughts earlier tiday and described some scenarios. Watch the killcams. That is what the server sees. I had plenty of times I would get several hits, even at close range, only to see the killcam show me toss one or two bullets out. That's lag or, as another user said, I must be bad.

This is the same shit as previous CODs and what kept me away from this series. I rerember it was atrocious in BO2 due to lag comp. Pretty sure its still around in some form and P2P on consoles is shitty as fuck, IMO.

16BitNova

I'm a Call of Duty campaign fan. Just bought this specifically for that. How's the campaign guys? Am I going to be disappointed or is it quick fun?

Raptor

Started using the XR-2 with Grip and Stock, and following some tips from here I no longer too negative, in one I went 22/22 thats awesome for me, taking it slow, holding a particular area and so on, I want teh damn Sheiva tho. :p

Shotting down UAV, etc is really cool with the Black Cell launcher.

Last night I had a fun game of that mode that you have to scort a robot or destroy it, I hd 5 disables and nobody from my team had any, I said WTF? nobody cares or what?

Bullza2o

Whenever I start the game it would say connecting online and it starts downloading something. After it finishes, however, an error pops up saying something like the servers are not online. This forces me to go to the local LAN main menu. I can still switch to the online main menu but it's kind of annoying.
I have this on digital, PS4.
Does anyone have this problem?

smoothj

Whenever I start the game it would say connecting online and it starts downloading something. After it finishes, however, an error pops up saying something like the servers are not online. This forces me to go to the local LAN main menu. I can still switch to the online main menu but it's kind of annoying.
I have this on digital, PS4.
Does anyone have this problem?

Yup I get it too. I just rented the game from redbox so it's not digital.

I didn't like the game at first but it has grown on me a bit. I am torn between this and fallout4. Probably end up getting both. I bough MGSV last month and got super bored with it, might trade it in.

Jarrod38

Man the lag is getting old now. Last night on HC CTF we had to go to overtime once again which I noticed is happening a lot now versus all the other CoD anyways the other team got our flag and bam my team got hit with lag spikes so the other team scored and won the game.

I heard they removed Neutralization points for Domination. It just sounds like playing the objective is punished and made riskier for sacrificing your scorestreak.

I feel like people would play the objective a whole lot more if they added neutralize points and even bumped up the score value for capturing an objective

Keep in mind Im playing Black Ops 2, but nobody is helping me capture and it's super frustrating. Getting a few kills and then jumping on a flag is suicide

I feel like the announcer shouting "A being Captured" should be silenced with Ghost or UAV Jammer too.

I think all the SMGs have a bit of a range issue and the Pharo just accentuates that. I just felt like I was doing the other guys dirty when using the Pharo but this game is pretty well balanced. There's nothing egregiously powerful or at least the right combination hasn't been discovered yet. I might try the M8 though, see how it is. I prestiged my HVK yesterday. The grip is what makes that gun.

I don't know about a range buff either unless its about the Weevil, which needs something to compete with the other SMGs. Razorback already has very minimal recoil, Kuda champions a 3HK capability with manageable recoil, and both VMP and Vesper have much higher firerates which makes them deadly in close range. I do think the suppressor on all SMGs needs a range buff since the damage dropoff is insanely close and having a gun that requires five shots to kill in close ranges in CoD is like asking for frustration.

Bolivar687

Banned
Is there any consolidated guide on best wireless settings? Given what some people have said, I'm legit thinking of staying away from MP until I can get a wired connection. My experience is just getting ruined by getting killed way too fast without any time to react, it's forcing me to play way too overcautious. I swear this is the worst it's been in recent memory. There's been a few times I noticed it in Ghosts and AW but it's never been as consistently bad as it is here.

I'm a Call of Duty campaign fan. Just bought this specifically for that. How's the campaign guys? Am I going to be disappointed or is it quick fun?

Play it co-op with friends or matchmaking and you'll have have a good time. Don't expect a good story like Black Ops II.

nbraun80

Yup, that is exactly as it happened to me. Glad I only go for the common boxes so it's not that big of a loss.

Lol yeah had this too, but mine was cause our party leader started searching for a match while I was rolling a box, lost the keys and the content and had to listen to the box rolling tick while in the voting lobby. Lol

jorgejjvr

I had some horrific lag last night. Not many issues before that but it was almost unplayable for me.

I wrote about my thoughts earlier tiday and described some scenarios. Watch the killcams. That is what the server sees. I had plenty of times I would get several hits, even at close range, only to see the killcam show me toss one or two bullets out. That's lag or, as another user said, I must be bad.

This is the same shit as previous CODs and what kept me away from this series. I rerember it was atrocious in BO2 due to lag comp. Pretty sure its still around in some form and P2P on consoles is shitty as fuck, IMO.

Close range it is very OP using grip and quick draw or rapid fire on it but it takes some skill to kill someone at range with it imo, because the damage is quite weak and if you hold down your fire button it has pretty bad recoil, so you have to pop shot.

When I use it, I tend to ignore people at range and just run in a diff direction.

Same issue on X1. I start off good then as the night progresses I can't kill shit as people just sponge, even when I get the jump on someone they drop me first, its bullshit.

Alright then, im glad its not just me.

It happened to me pretty recently, noticed it the past few days.

Until now i have not had issues.

I feel like I shoot first yet die

I don't know about a range buff either unless its about the Weevil, which needs something to compete with the other SMGs. Razorback already has very minimal recoil, Kuda champions a 3HK capability with manageable recoil, and both VMP and Vesper have much higher firerates which makes them deadly in close range. I do think the suppressor on all SMGs needs a range buff since the damage dropoff is insanely close and having a gun that requires five shots to kill in close ranges in CoD is like asking for frustration.

Yeah I don't really know what would make it better which means it's probably good. I've found success with a ton of different guns so I think the game is in a good spot. Granted, I haven't used them all. I don't find the gorgon too OP because of the standard LMG limitations i.e. the slowness. The Weevil is great simply because of it's large magazine and competitive damage. Great for when the bad guys just don't stop running at you. I've trying out the Man o' war as a faster gorgon substitute and then I'm going to check out the Sheiva when I unlock it. It's great that they were able to give each gun their own feel while still keeping them balanced. Even pistols are viable.

Citadel

I'm a huge fan of World at War, Black Ops 1, and Black Ops 2... Basically consider Treyarch to be the best CoD dev-team at this point. With that said, I'm very disappointed with the campaign in Black Ops 3. The overarching story and premise is good, but the way the story unfolds to the protagonist is just... bad. Bad writing, but progression,
absolutely no connection to prior characters from previous games
... I mean, don't get me wrong... it's still fun, but just disappointing when you compare it to the older games Treyarch has developed.

Honestly, the multiplayer is where this game shines. Having a blast with it.

Z3M0G

Has anyone been playing campaign with random matchmaking? If so, I have some questions:

- is matchmaking generally successful?
- can other players force you to skip cutscenes?
- If I resume a game from the middle of a mission, can I start an "Open" game that other random players could jump into mid-mission?

I'm thinking it may be silly to wait until I finish the campaign solo before playing with other people, which is what I really want to do with it. But I want to make sure I resume from my own progress until I'm done my first playthrough...

So after a week, I think maybe this game is not for me. As a COD vet who hated the last two installments, The last two installments are getting better than Ghosts (jesus christ), and back to its roots; but the things that bother me are the following:

1) The maps are pretty awful
2) I don't like that everyone has forever sprint
3) I don't like the jet packs and wall running
4) I miss HQ
5) I suck so bad i can barely make out anyone, everyone blends into the environment.

I do like that the score streaks matter again. I like that its not Perk overload. I hate the sub class nonsense. Specialty thing what ever you call it, its stupid in my opinion, and a gimmick.

I hope that like the last two COD's we are getting closer to a more reality based game, and that we are nearing the end of the Titanfall/Halo stupidity I don't want that in my COD.

I miss COD4 and BO2 like the deserts miss the rain. It breaks my heart to see how far they have deviated form that formula. Recent sales numbers will not help my cause, as I think its only a matter of time before we get a Halo knock off on the moon or some shit.

COD Sapce Warriors. It sucks.

Yeah I don't really know what would make it better which means it's probably good. I've found success with a ton of different guns so I think the game is in a good spot. Granted, I haven't used them all. I don't find the gorgon too OP because of the standard LMG limitations i.e. the slowness. The Weevil is great simply because of it's large magazine and competitive damage. Great for when the bad guys just don't stop running at you. I've trying out the Man o' war as a faster gorgon substitute and then I'm going to check out the Sheiva when I unlock it. It's great that they were able to give each gun their own feel while still keeping them balanced. Even pistols are viable.

Yea, definitely love the balance here. They addressed the TTK issue perfectly, as well. I rarely run into insta-deaths outside of headshots now.

Gorgon is good as is, imo, but if they touch it, I hope they just neuter the range. Surprised no one has caught the Dredge yet. That thing is a one burst kill regardless of range.

Is the Gunsmith/custom weapon thing (can't remember what it's called) in the safehouse working for everyone? I was able to access it for the first few missions, but not since then.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
niiF0DZ.jpg

I wish Treyarch allowed to save your creations as a layer so you can actually finish them.

With more complicated designs, 64 layers isn't enough.

Top Bottom