• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Sheiva was a little slow for my tastes. Or maybe I was slow but hopefully they programmed in a fire rate cap to prevent modded controllers (hello MW2 FAL).

I'm excited to try out the HVK and the shotguns after the buff. The pump shotgun definitely needed a range increase.
Rapid fire on Sheiva = as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Ensoul

I realize its an advantage and don't care about kdr. I moved to ps4 primarily for large playerbase on HC KC. Last nite we played against a xim clan ps4. We didn't move on and pub stomp nor did they. If I could play HC KC and modes I like for entire season pass on PC I would, but that's not possible.

I really find it hard to belive you don't care about your kdr when you own a $150 accessory so you can use a mouse and keyboard on the ps4. If you didn't care about your kdr wouldn't you just stick to the controller?

I really find it hard to belive you don't care about your kdr when you own a $150 accessory so you can use a mouse and keyboard on the ps4. If you didn't care about your kdr wouldn't you just stick to the controller?

Because winning feels good.

No matter the price.

Lol.

Bolivar687

Banned

He wants to play CoD on PC but the player base is not big enough to support his preferred playlists.

It's shitty but, as someone who played Black Ops 2 on PC, I totally understand.

smisk

I'm liking the game, but a little worried it'll be dead on PC soon.. I hope more people buy it once a couple patches are released.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Wait, you can use mouse and keyboard on PS4???

THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH...

Bolivar687

Banned
40k players with peaks of 60k, so let me doubt that reason.

Look at how the population percentages break out across and within Core, Hardcore, and Bonus playlists, then extrapolate that out across 40k players. Also keep in mind that the population will soon settle around 15k daily, with less than 10k at different parts of the day.

Within weeks of Black Ops II's launch, I would say over half of the playlists were down to three and even two digit populations.

Look at how the population percentages break out across and within Core, Hardcore, and Bonus playlists, then extrapolate that out across 40k players. Also keep in mind that the population will soon settle around 15k daily, with less than 10k at different parts of the day.

Within weeks of Black Ops II's launch, I would say over half of the playlists were down to three and even two digit populations.

10%? 4k players on a single playlists, most games dosn't even have that.

4k players who use mouse and kb, I doubt that many people does on PS4, if the guy wants to have that advantage over other players he should say so, no need to hide anything.

And Treyarch took more seriously PC gaming this time, we don't know how numbers will be in a few weeks.

Citadel

It honestly angers me when people use M/KB on console games - I've already seen it myself on Black Ops 3. I honestly feel like people who do this aren't good enough to hang with the PC gamers, so they have to get the advantage of using a M/KB against controller-using gamers. In my mind, it absolutely is cheating. I bought it on PS4 to be on a level playing field with others. I don't understand why Sony doesn't disallow this.

Sorry, just frustrating because I'm actually having a lot of fun playing BO3 MP on the PS4. It's been a long time since i've actually played a console game, switched from PC myself.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Was the Argus buff needed? It already seemed like the best shotgun. It's fun to use though so oh well, good!

Spy

I have a friend who uses a M/KB on PS4 and he insists it's not cheating. I come from PC gaming too but would never use a M/KB on console because that just feels like a completely unfair advantage.

Bolivar687

Banned
10%? 4k players on a single playlists, most games dosn't even have that.

4k players who use mouse and kb, I doubt that many people does on PS4, if the guy wants to have that advantage over other players he should say so, no need to hide anything.

And Treyarch took more seriously PC gaming this time, we don't know how numbers will be in a few weeks.

No, definitely not 10% 4k for stuff like Hardcore KC, which he said he plays. The majority always coalesce around TDM, Domination, Core Kill Confirmed and Search & Destroy. Hardcore is always a small percentage of the population and then you have to break it down into smaller percentages than that.

I've seen posts by PC players already having seen the same people over and over.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Haymaker nerfed? Come on.

They ought to buff the Brecci though. I don't think I've seen anyone use it. Right now it feels really redundant.

No, definitely not 10% 4k for stuff like Hardcore KC, which he said he plays. The majority always coalesce around TDM, Domination, Core Kill Confirmed and Search & Destroy. Hardcore is always a small percentage of the population and then you have to break it down into smaller percentages than that.

I've seen posts by PC players already having seen the same people over and over.

That's not a bad thing, as long you have constant matches, we are pulling at straws here, he can find matches, that's the point.

DinoBoo

Neo Member
I'm using the XR-2 right now, and I don't think the nerf was that bad. I'm still able to drop people the same as usual.

PSYGN

I realize its an advantage and don't care about kdr. I moved to ps4 primarily for large playerbase on HC KC. Last nite we played against a xim clan ps4. We didn't move on and pub stomp nor did they. If I could play HC KC and modes I like for entire season pass on PC I would, but that's not possible.

I hope you turn off aim-assist at least to make it more fair.

I play on 9 sensitivity and have a high spm and kdr so I ain't worried for myself. Most XIM users suck from the videos I watched online. Only a few are good.

RedAssedApe

Banned
kind of interesting to see so many people gravitating towards different guns. seems like they have done an alright job at balance at launch so far.

multiple guns getting tweaks versus a couple is probably a good sign?

NYR

kind of interesting to see so many people gravitating towards different guns. seems like they have done an alright job at balance at launch so far.

That or no one is finding a gun they like and do well with consistently.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
holy shit black hat is bad. Takes forever. Doesn't go through walls either

Ugh, I was worried they would have over-nerfed it from the beta. Fantastic. It was one of my favorite pieces of equipment in Black Ops II.

GodofWine

To a point, maybe. As long as they don't make too many guns too similar. I think it's far too early to tell what's OP and what's weak when most people don't have all the guns and attachments.

I hope that they finalize the guns very soon, and don't keep tweaking them for months.

Rixxan

Got this for both PS4 and PC. PC is 3570k w/ R9 390. PS4 using xim4. Both setups use logitech 400s, quickfire tk, mixamp pro + A40. Its a vastly better experience on PS4 w/ xim4. I struggle on PC to maintain lil over 1.2 kdr while on the PS4 goofing around puts 2+ kdr. If I put my tryhard pants on PS4 w/ the xim4 can do 4 to 5kdr+. Blops3 ST released yesterday for xim4 and second game nuketown managed 71-9 w/ gorgon before even messing w/ ballistics curve for mouse. I don't care about kdr or being a tryhard but I have ALOT more fun getting scorestreaks and winning nearly all head-up encounters.

I got burned on AW season pass for PC last year. DLC released and had all of ONE day to play new maps before lobbies disappeared due to lack of players. My clan prefer HC KC and there is just not enuff peeps on PC for that mode. PC seams to have peaked 62k playerbase and will settle in the 10-15k level shortly. My clan has moved from pc to ps4 and were having great time. We even came across some fellow ximers on HC KC last nite. Surprised us w/ their accuracy and strafing. Made for a great challenge and had great time.

post up a screencap of those stats big dog

XR-2 nerf is beyond dumb. Its already facing stiff competition with the M8. It was best kept as is.

Same with Pharo. It already faces competition from pretty much every other SMG.

Hope they're not listening to the wrong people.

Nonentity

I'm enjoying my time with this on PC, but I know it's limited. I'll be back to the PS4 with my CronusMAX soon enough as the player base on PC dries up.

Unless mods magically make everyone interested in it again.

Enosh

damn, the dredge is a fucking beast, long range for one burst kill, fast ADS time, I guess it's kinda balanced by dogshit hipfire and long reload time with a fairly low ammo count per mag

also I'll never understand why so many people play TDM, the score per match in that mode unless you are fucking amazing seems to be abysmal

leng jai

damn, the dredge is a fucking beast, long range for one burst kill, fast ADS time, I guess it's kinda balanced by dogshit hipfire and long reload time with a fairly low ammo count per mag

also I'll never understand why so many people play TDM, the score per match in that mode unless you are fucking amazing seems to be abysmal

I average around 1600 per game but for the first half of that I was learning the game and getting rubbish scores. It's the only mode I've tried actually.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Broke my back carrying this team in Kill Confirmed earlier, I was farming for the gold camo so I had no attachments as well. I'm not surprised the Haymaker got nerfed today, I've been saying it's OP for awhile.

https://youtu.be/U-xkKo8qw5k

Jblanks

I hate when I get it in Ground War. Spawns get switched at least 3x per game. They need to make the score in Ground War 150, or switch it with Kill Confirmed.

Just tried a DOM bonus playlists, what a clusterfuck, never again.

Just got the Gold Argus, I never getting diamond though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This game is constantly putting me in full lobbies, and then never starting games.

12/12 people and the maps, or countdown never shows up.

Top Bottom