• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

purg3

slept with Malkin
anyone know what buff the HVK got? I tend to use that the most out of the guns I've unlocked so far. ( only lvl 20)

Unlocked the XR-2 and I went from 2-3 kills a game (Yes I am super bad at this game) to 8-15 kills a game. I really need to get my aiming down but I am feeling much better with this gun.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Man of War for spray. If you have good aim, Sheiva will make you unstoppable.

sheiva is great. playing with it will also help you improve your aim and condition you to to not go crazy with the full autos

I am only level 8... what level is Shevia unlocked? God and I used like 5 points to unlock items with the XR-2....

you're a long way off. you should hopefully have at least one unlock token saved when you're in your 40s :)

Happy to hear about the XR-2 nerf - I have died to a single burst of that weapon far too often, even when it is just body shots. Doubt the change will make up for my lack of skill, but may diminish some of my frustration.

I am only level 8... what level is Shevia unlocked? God and I used like 5 points to unlock items with the XR-2....
Sheiva is 43 and it's semi-auto, basically the MK14. Guaranteed two shot kill, one if a headshot with high caliber.

Since your only level 8, I'd stick with the kuda or AK until you unlock the ICR.

GodofWine

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Anyone have any other recommendations? I just unlocked that last night... GOD DAMMIT!!

DUUUUUUUUDE this explains so much. I was owning with that gun until last night...

1. Its not like they turned it into a pea shooter, it might just be a frame slower to sights, use it, don't let what is probably a barely noticeable nerf get in your head.

2. It wasn't nerfed last night, you just got whooped I guess :)~

ITT: anything that killed me is OP, anything I use to kill you is not OP

XR2 was an obvious need coming. If you were decent with a burst fire weapon it made you unstoppable. I've already moved onto the MoW at this point. Really enjoying how punchy it is

The overreactions to tiny stat changes are hilarious

Some are small others not so much. Gorgon going from 50/100 to 40/80 is pretty big in my opinion. Still a fucking war machine... but a decent cut back on rounds.

I believe, according to Reddit so take that for what its worth, the Pharo was also decreased in range pretty noticeably. I'll be trying that out as soon as i get home... was my favorite SMG.

Sheiva is 43 and it's semi-auto, basically the MK14. Guaranteed two shot kill, one if a headshot with high caliber.

Since your only level 8, I'd stick with the kuda or AK until you unlock the ICR.

Sheiva was a little slow for my tastes. Or maybe I was slow but hopefully they programmed in a fire rate cap to prevent modded controllers (hello MW2 FAL).

I'm excited to try out the HVK and the shotguns after the buff. The pump shotgun definitely needed a range increase.

xet72

Got this for both PS4 and PC. PC is 3570k w/ R9 390. PS4 using xim4. Both setups use logitech 400s, quickfire tk, mixamp pro + A40. Its a vastly better experience on PS4 w/ xim4. I struggle on PC to maintain lil over 1.2 kdr while on the PS4 goofing around puts 2+ kdr. If I put my tryhard pants on PS4 w/ the xim4 can do 4 to 5kdr+. Blops3 ST released yesterday for xim4 and second game nuketown managed 71-9 w/ gorgon before even messing w/ ballistics curve for mouse. I don't care about kdr or being a tryhard but I have ALOT more fun getting scorestreaks and winning nearly all head-up encounters.

I got burned on AW season pass for PC last year. DLC released and had all of ONE day to play new maps before lobbies disappeared due to lack of players. My clan prefer HC KC and there is just not enuff peeps on PC for that mode. PC seams to have peaked 62k playerbase and will settle in the 10-15k level shortly. My clan has moved from pc to ps4 and were having great time. We even came across some fellow ximers on HC KC last nite. Surprised us w/ their accuracy and strafing. Made for a great challenge and had great time.

Klyka

Banned
Got this for both PS4 and PC. PC is 3570k w/ R9 390. PS4 using xim4. Both setups use logitech 400s, quickfire tk, mixamp pro + A40. Its a vastly better experience on PS4 w/ xim4. I struggle on PC to maintain lil over 1.2 kdr while on the PS4 goofing around puts 2+ kdr. If I put my tryhard pants on PS4 w/ the xim4 can do 4 to 5kdr+. Blops3 ST released yesterday for xim4 and second game nuketown managed 71-9 w/ gorgon before even messing w/ ballistics curve for mouse. I don't care about kdr or being a tryhard but I have ALOT more fun getting scorestreaks and winning nearly all head-up encounters.

I got burned on AW season pass for PC last year. DLC released and had all of ONE day to play new maps before lobbies disappeared due to lack of players. My clan prefer HC KC and there is just not enuff peeps on PC for that mode. PC seams to have peaked 62k playerbase and will settle in the 10-15k level shortly. My clan has moved from pc to ps4 and were having great time. We even came across some fellow ximers on HC KC last nite. Surprised us w/ their accuracy and strafing. Made for a great challenge and had great time.

Are you seriously talking about your high KDR by using a Keyboard and mouse on PS4?

This is like talking about how great you are doing in fistfights cause you only fight elementary School Kids.

kaskade

Got my copy in today from the target buy 2 get one deal. Can't wait to get out of work.

How are shotguns? drift0r posted this on reddit and I found it interesting

Shotguns have a new mechanic this year that is kind of complicated. This spoils an upcoming In Depth episode but getting the info out early is better for the community. Basically, they deal a flat damage over range if any pellets hit plus a bonus per pellet hit. It sounds nutty but it seems to have been implemented to increase consistency. So, if 1 out of 8 pellets hits, the gun will deal a flat amount of damage. Then some bonus depending on how many hit.
Random example with made up numbers:
You shoot somebody with your KRM at 10m. 3 out of 8 of your pellets hit. The game registers a hit and will apply a flat 50 damage to the target. Then, it has a second application of damage for your pellets. The bonus damage at range is 5 per pellet. So it applies 3*5=15 damage. Your total damage is 50+15=65. Kind of weird but a lot less random than before. Typically the flat damage is large and bonus amount is small.

BokehKing

Banned
Are you seriously talking about your high KDR by using a Keyboard and mouse on PS4?

This is like talking about how great you are doing in fistfights cause you only fight elementary School Kids.
Wait we could keyboard and mouse it? How much would that set up be I want to try

The End

Going to assume the Gorgon got nerfed again

seems like it went from guaranteed 2-hit-kill to "eh, maybe one of those shots misses, even if you're right in front of the guy"

xet72

I realize its an advantage and don't care about kdr. I moved to ps4 primarily for large playerbase on HC KC. Last nite we played against a xim clan ps4. We didn't move on and pub stomp nor did they. If I could play HC KC and modes I like for entire season pass on PC I would, but that's not possible.

Klyka

Banned
I realize its an advantage and don't care about kdr. I moved to ps4 primarily for large playerbase on HC KC. Last nite we played against a xim clan ps4. We didn't move on and pub stomp nor did they. If I could play HC KC and modes I like for entire season pass on PC I would, but that's not possible.

Sure Buddy, you go and tell yourself that at night.

A "XIM clan" Jesus fucking Christ.

If the People who wanted to Play HC KC with Keyboard and mouse played on PC, then maybe you would actually find Players on there :p

But hey, you Keep rocking that KDR son.

Top Bottom