• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I'll be playing a lot this weekend so add me if anyone wants to play (PeskyToaster on PSN). I'll be hunting for Vision Pulse double kills.

When I remember correctly, bolivar687 wrote, that he is making one, will add the first few to be admins and send the invites out. I wrote him/her a pm. Don't know if it really happend.

Ah, okay. Well hopefully they let us know. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and make my own.

Falchion

Finished up all of Battery's challenges last night but now there's hero gear that's hidden. Any clue what that is?

Also I feel like it takes forever to get enough coins to unlock 3 items. I just want all the extra stuff for Battery but that's not going to happen.

Anybody got a solid tdm build for going for streaks? Just looking to mess around a bit and thought it would be fun to try some suggestions.

RS4-

Lol, so first time in a week that I've actually had a game dc.

Something something demo version of a demo something.

Peskytoaster, adding you

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Do they no longer have a website where you can view past matches and edit your loadouts? I couldn't find one on cod.com

Anybody got a solid tdm build for going for streaks? Just looking to mess around a bit and thought it would be fun to try some suggestions.

I find the HVK great. It's got speed to match SMGs and good range with a grip. I put grips on everything though. I use Sixth Sense, Fast Hands, and Gung-ho as my perks. I also keep the pistol especially when I have an SMG. They run out of ammo quick and the pistol has great range and great damage.

Lol, so first time in a week that I've actually had a game dc.

Something something demo version of a demo something.

Peskytoaster, adding you

Got it, thanks! I'm at work right now but hit me up tonight.

PSYGN

I find it absurd how much cover this game provides compared to the past CoD games. I get stuck around the corner sometimes as I back away because literally every corner has a barrel or a crate. Makes some matches a slog to move through if the enemies are constantly posted up and headglitching with powerful weapons. I think they could afford to get rid of 15% of the covers -- makes it more of a risk and reward dynamic to get to the enemies quicker. But hey, at least they aren't cars and explosives like MW3!

Thatoneguy

Neo Member

I like the Man of War with quickdraw and a sight. Use Ghost to sneak around the map, and tack on Hard Wired, Engineer and Blast Suppressor. Run RC-XD, UAV, and Care Package. Getting the car pretty much guarantees you'll get all of them, and engineer lets you re-roll that care package.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well I decided to give the Kuda a try last night after using only assault rifles to start. I find assault rifles frustrating in this game, and now I see why. It makes no sense that a submachine gun should out preform most of the assault rifles, especially at range. Close quarters makes sense, but is there any actual damage drop off at range on this gun lol?

I find the HVK great. It's got speed to match SMGs and good range with a grip. I put grips on everything though. I use Sixth Sense, Fast Hands, and Gung-ho as my perks. I also keep the pistol especially when I have an SMG. They run out of ammo quick and the pistol has great range and great damage.

Got it, thanks! I'm at work right now but hit me up tonight.

I like the Man of War with quickdraw and a sight. Use Ghost to sneak around the map, and tack on Hard Wired, Engineer and Blast Suppressor. Run RC-XD, UAV, and Care Package. Getting the car pretty much guarantees you'll get all of them, and engineer lets you re-roll that care package.

Thanks guys I'll give these a shot.

Just got this for Xbox One to play with my step brother. Is it common to have constant stuttering while playing multiplayer? It doesn't look/feel like lag, seems like possible frame drops? It definitely screws with my movement/aiming :(

Aside from that, I'm enjoying what I've been able to play so far!

Just got this for Xbox One to play with my step brother. Is it common to have constant stuttering while playing multiplayer? It doesn't look/feel like lag, seems like possible frame drops? It definitely screws with my movement/aiming :(

Only have experience of the beta on X1 but it was bad, blurry, stuttering, lag ect. A friend of mine plays on X1 and he has a lot of issues with it.

FiggyCal

Banned

Maybe you should try a wired connection, rather than wi-fi.

jorgejjvr

Maybe you should try a wired connection, rather than wi-fi.

Or if you are in a situation, like mine, were wired is not an option or it is not possible, try a powerline adapter -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUD1M66/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It did wonders for me

Victrix

*beard*
Well I decided to give the Kuda a try last night after using only assault rifles to start. I find assault rifles frustrating in this game, and now I see why. It makes no sense that a submachine gun should out preform most of the assault rifles, especially at range. Close quarters makes sense, but is there any actual damage drop off at range on this gun lol?

You're overestimating SMG range. They all drop to 5/6 shots at a distance where ARs are all 3/4 (or 1/2 in some cases).

Kuda is actually one of the best ranged SMGs though. It pays for it with a really awkward mid distance (where it loses its 3sk) and competes with faster firing weapons that are also 4sk.

DinoBoo

Neo Member
After bumming off my stupidly skilled friends in Multiplayer, I think I'm finally starting to suck a little less. Granted, I'm not killing people while running walls or constantly getting scorestreaks, but I'm better than how I was before. XR-2 will forever be my baby.

biteren

not having a great time a great time using the XR-2, one of the most unreliable Burst weapons ive used in a long time, i should stay away from those for a bit

EDIT: you know what? screw that, im gonna keep using it till all of its short coming are relinquished to me! im not giving up!!!!

Thinking about getting this for either PS4 or PC (I haven't played CoD since BO2).

Is the PC community big enough where I'll find a game easily and it'll last long-term, or should I just go PS4?

Bolivar687

Banned
Found a post regarding the clan, think it's clear now, let the invites flow.

Yeah I'm sorry guys I haven't kept up with the latest pages as much this week but am trying to add names when I see it. I'll make sure I get the last few I saw.

The most reliable way to get in is to look up my profile (rmx687) or anyone else in the group, select the community and from there you can request membership. Although I've never seen more than one membership request in the inbox at a time, so I hope it's not glitched on Sony's end. Feel free to message me on PSN if you've been waiting.

Let's definitely try to get some parties going this weekend.

Edit: Endorphine, if I didn't get you for some reason let me know.

Thank you for all the replies. I will try the cache clear when I get home. My roommate has one of those powerline adapters so if the cache clear doesn't work, I'll try that too!

RedAssedApe

Banned
gotta reiterate that if you like deploying equipment (mines and shock lances are my jam), scavenger is back to being amazing in this game. christmas in cod. so much re-supply just laying around that you don't even have to waste slots on danger close or extra tactical.

been rocking kuda + overclock + gungho + tactical mask + scavenger to great success just running around the map and tossing shit. and hip firing people. lotta fun.

EL CUCO

Von put this up on Reddit about 30 min ago.
Hiya,
I've said this before, but in case you missed it, when it comes to hotfixes (aka: Game Settings Have Changed) we won't be issuing full patch notes.
They happen so frequently and will get rolled up into a proper patch/title update in a future update. When that happens, we will give out more details via official social media channels like @Treyarch's Facebook and/or Twitter.

I also understand that people expect to know what has changed. This is especially true for weapon tuning. Part of the fun of video games is discovery and experimentation. This is especially in a "Create a Class" and Pick 10 world.

Nerfed

Gorgon
XR-2
Pharo
VMP
Haymaker

Buffed

Razorback
HVK-30
Dingo
KRM-262
Argus
Locus

Most of these edits were very small and range from clip sizes, to damage range, to ADS time in/out adjustments, modifications to Quickdraw Bonus(es) for LMGs, recoil reductions.
The general philosophy is to tune in small increments either up or down, until we have a really healthy set of data and player opinion to work from.
Link

Is Arena matchmaking borked on PC or is there just nobody playing? I've been sitting here for 10 minutes waiting to match with players and it's only found three others so far.

Newlove

I hate having to close the game because it can't find the servers after the title screen and you have to start up again. They need to do something about that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I hate having to close the game because it can't find the servers after the title screen and you have to start up again. They need to do something about that.

yeah that is freaking annoying. switching between local and online in the menus should trigger this but it doesn't. instead you have to hard close the game and restart (at least on ps4)

Daffy Duck

Yep annoying as hell, especially with the unskippable Activision Treyarch intro stuff.

Game also doesn't seem to like rest mode in ps4 either as it always disconnects me when I turn the ps4 back on.

DinoBoo

Neo Member
Wait, so. My bby XR-2 was nerfed? Aw man. Hopefully it wasn't anything drastic. The Gorgon being nerfed doesn't surprise me, though. That gun could be absurd at times. Like a sniper rifle with bullets for days.

I terms of headphones, I use these when I'm not talking with anyone:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ath_m50x_closed_back_professional_studio.html

Those are my everyday, listen to music while outside headphones. Love them.

When it comes to using a mic while I play, I use these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSQAACO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Bought it about a month ago. No complaints.

Argus got a small buff? Interesting...

Question..I've prestige 2 times and I see that you receive a calling card, right? I can't seem to find them, though lol. Am I just bugging out and it's right in front of my face? I need to do a triple check when I get home.

Hardcore Domination is so much fun. Really happy they added it so quickly.

Top Bottom