• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
PC servers are totally fucked for me, 250ms instead of 20ms, and massive rubber-banding. I hope they get their shit together before the double XP starts :(

Ensoul

In COD games I either play TDM, Domination or Gun Game. I notice a lot of comments regarding Kill Confirmed. I didn't know there was any difference between TDM and Kill Confirmed other than collecting a tag. Or am I wrong? :)

There is less camping in kill confirmed. It's more fasted paced because getting kills does not mean a whole lot unless you grab the tags. Plus it's more points than tdm. IE 50 points for a kill and 100 points for grabbing a tag. You can also get lucky and grab a bunch of tags without killing anybody.

Valkrai

I know I dont get people complaining about the campaign. It is the same as every year. Explosions, non-sense, shooting, set pieces, forgettable characters, it is cod after all. I thought the graphics were really good and i enjoyed the last mission.

Usually there are higher expectations from Treyarch. Black Ops 1 and 2 both had great campaigns but this campaign is Ghosts-level of awful.

Hip Hop

i started my game right now and there's a update apparently

Yup, Lobby Leaderboard is back with this patch! about time.

from Twitter:
CUMRhXTUYAEXHDS.jpg:large

Let's see what other changes they made. The patch is almost a gig.

EDIT: it's 2.7gb on the PS4.

Ensoul

With the lobby leader board people can see how much I suck. I was happy when it was not around.

Now people can show off their kdr on games like domination which means players will just go for kills and not objectives.

Victrix

*beard*
Lobby leaderboard is great, although I can see why some people might not like it. Get used to a lot of people backing out.

Not great. Going to have people leaving constantly again, and assholes hunting for newbie lobbies to nuke boost. Gotta get them youtube montages.

Ensoul

Not great. Going to have people leaving constantly again, and assholes hunting for newbie lobbies to nuke boost. Gotta get them youtube montages.

I agree. The best thing AW did was make people's stats impossible to find. Now it's back to people just going for kills to show off their KDR.

jorgejjvr

I'll be playing tonight at around 10:30 pm est if anyone would like to team up on Dom

Psn: jorgejjvr

Also, has been laggier than usual tonight and this morning for anyone else?

I don't like Safeguard in Ground War, it seems like it'd be fun in theory, but it might as well be team deathmatch half the time. I'd rather replace it with Kill Confirmed.

Yup. A lot of Youtube CoD'ers are straight up jerks.

Valkrai

I just can't go postiv!!
so frustrating.

what are yous mouse setups? which sensitivity? which acceleration?

I've given up on mouse and keyboard, just using a controller and my K/D skyrockets.

Also apparently new update is live for Steam and page changed to be VAC enabled.

Xater

Haha after the patch the message of the day welcomes me to the Black Ops 3 review event. I think something went wrong there.

Calabi

Just like real life... most cover that can be shot through makes sense... it's stuff like boxes and plywood. You're not shooting through a concrete wall or pillar in BO3. It's pretty obvious what can and cant protect you.

Well that's the thing I've been shot through walls, on the Nuketown map and they were quite thick. I dont know if it's a feature or a bug, but its not a good idea.

tigerin

I'll be playing tonight at around 10:30 pm est if anyone would like to team up on Dom

Psn: jorgejjvr

Also, has been laggier than usual tonight and this morning for anyone else?

Yea, extremely laggy today. I got booted out of the match twice and that rarely happens.

My friend came over today and brought his XB1 copy. Been playing it all day. The difference is night and day between the PS4 version. Couldn't believe it. I was planning on picking it up on the XB1 to play with friends who have it but my god it's awful. Blurry and really bad connection/hit detection were my main two complaints.

Opto

Banned
In other campaigns, I've felt like I know what's happening and what the state of the world is in. In BLOPS3, the world is kinda shitty cause of climate change? and It's American Hegemony vs Russian Hegemony? That's... inspired. You work for the CIA I guess. But then you're chasing a guy I don't give a fuck about. At least the Modern Warfare villains made me want to kill them. I look at Taylor and think "well I don't disagree with this guy too much and he only seemed to pull an Edward Snowden"

The tech abilities feel shallow and the systems around them feel uninspired.

Well that's the thing I've been shot through walls, on the Nuketown map and they were quite thick. I dont know if it's a feature or a bug, but its not a good idea.

Yeah same.. but that's always been like that... they're not solid concrete or steel walls... they're supposed to be sheet rock or some equivalent of penetrable material. That's part of Nuketown map design over the iterations.

I'm really starting to think that not being able to hear foot steps on my 5.1 system is really hurting me. Maybe I'm just crazy thinking that... I'm not sure. I'm looking for a headset for ps4 with mic for MP games only, must keep it under $100 though. Are the "PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black" as listed on Amazon for $79 the best there is in the price range?

There is less camping in kill confirmed. It's more fasted paced because getting kills does not mean a whole lot unless you grab the tags. Plus it's more points than tdm. IE 50 points for a kill and 100 points for grabbing a tag. You can also get lucky and grab a bunch of tags without killing anybody.

Thanks, going to try Kill Confirmed this evening :)

I'm really starting to think that not being able to hear foot steps on my 5.1 system is really hurting me. Maybe I'm just crazy thinking that... I'm not sure. I'm looking for a headset for ps4 with mic for MP games only, must keep it under $100 though. Are the "PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black" as listed on Amazon for $79 the best there is in the price range?

Id stay clear of the PlayStation Golds... they have notorious plastic frame cracking problems and have a garbage mic.

I'd personally pick up the TB 500s that you can now snag on sale for $89.00.... MUCH better than a set of Golds in terms of mic quality, sound stage, surround sound and positional accuracy. And also build quality and customer service.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Wireless-Headphone-playstation-4/dp/B00MNP9PD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1447960215&sr=1-1&keywords=turtle+beach+ps4

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500p/591

drotahorror

Anyone having trouble connecting from the 'press start' menu with the version number in upper right?

I just got a new modem, booted up the game and it won't connect. Other games and services are working fine :(

NIN90

I just can't go postiv!!
so frustrating.

what are yous mouse setups? which sensitivity? which acceleration?

While it is mostly down to preference, I generally recommend low sensitivity. One full mouse swipe on your mouse pad should be a bit more than a 180 ingame.

Top Bottom