• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Xeilyn

Man so many people using the M8. They should reduce the accuracy and range, it's even better than the Sheiva in those two categories. I love burst weapons(the Pharo is a beast) but they always make em too good or completely useless

k1t4j

Can anyone tell me if the double xp weekend is already working or will it start later?

Currently at work or I would check.

Thanks!

Repo Man

Wish there were more people in domination playing the fucking objectives...

I respect a good K/D ratio as much as the next guy but it don't do my team no good if the person/s have 0 captures >.<

Ensoul

yeah man don't want to hurt your stats lol. I welcome full parties they are usually terrible anyways. your last few posts about backing out of lobbies for every little thing is a big part of why the cod community sucks. no one ever wants to play decent players they just want to run over bad players to inflate stats and make it look like they are good at the game.

I was not backing out before the added the leaderboards though. But I agree and I am guilty of that. I'm not great at the game and I would rather player people at or below my level. I don't enjoy the game when I am getting owner by a better player or team.

Calabi

Well I had my first crash on the console. What is the point of consoles its ridiculous they cant ensure stable running on a fixed system.

I was not backing out before the added the leaderboards though. But I agree and I am guilty of that. I'm not great at the game and I would rather player people at or below my level. I don't enjoy the game when I am getting owner by a better player or team.

How else do you expect to get better? Or do you honestly not care about fun, competitive matches and just want a better shot at winning and padding your stats? I'm honesty curious if this behavior in CoD carries over to other games you play in some fashion. Do you think it does?

jorgejjvr

You're more than welcome to join me anytime! I'm usually playing with clanmates/friends and any/all are welcome. We're normally in a full party all communicating and having a good time... while bitching about the lag compensation and getting hitmarkers fo-days lol

PSN: TheCanisDirus
Love it!

My psn: jorgejjvr

I mostly play Dom

BDP

Neo Member

While I agree it's frustrating to get owned. There is only one way to get better and that's to play people better than you. FWIW I suck something fierce at this game and keep going back to it regardless of what my kills are.

Ensoul

Wish there were more people in domination playing the fucking objectives...

I respect a good K/D ratio as much as the next guy but it don't do my team no good if the person/s have 0 captures >.<

There should be only be two stats: kills and defendes.This will continue to be a problem as long as the kills amd deaths are on the scoreboard for all to see.

Ensoul

How else do you expect to get better? Or do you honestly not care about fun, competitive matches and just want a better shot at winning and padding your stats? I'm honesty curious if this behavior in CoD carries over to other games you play in some fashion. Do you think it does?

Been playing COD for years. The reality is I will never get better so I'd rather play with people more my level.

My behavior is like this for all online games, not that I really play many games online. Single player games I don't care if I good or bad at I always have fun playing those.

h0tp0ck3t

I wish the weapon prestige things were more visible.

Seriously. Why couldn't they make it like the paint schemes where you had some options of where you wanted it to show up? I mean on the KN-44 you can pretty much only see the kill counter if you go into Theater, switch to free camera, and zoom waaaaay in

Been playing COD for years. The reality is I will never get better so I'd rather play with people more my level.

My behavior is like this for all online games, not that I really play many games online. Single player games I don't care if I good or bad at I always have fun playing those.

I get playing with people your level but purposefully skipping out on any match that could contain people better than you seems like you must bounce from more than half of your matched games. That sound right?

I honestly feel bad for you with your experience in online games. Why do you only care about your skill at online games but not single player? Is it just how you think others perceive you as a player? Because if so, i can almost certainly guarantee that nobody cares or looks at your stats and bases any sort of meaningful judgement off of any of it as a whole.

My unsolicited recommendation to you is... just play them all and try to relax and just do you. Have fun. Enjoy the triumphs and the defeats equally. :)

do you play solo? I know for me I get really frustrated playing solo I moved from xbox to ps4 and I don't have a large friends list playing blops 3. Playing this game solo through 2 prestiges is making me lose my hair faster thats for sure. I like to play the obj and domination with randoms is so painful. but generally leaving a lobby just gets you dumped into another bad lobby.

I get playing with people your level but purposefully skipping out on any match that could contain people better than you seems like you must bounce from more than half of your matched games. That sound right?

I honestly feel bad for you with your experience in online games. Why do you only care about your skill at online games but not single player? Is it just how you think others perceive you as a player? Because if so, i can almost certainly guarantee that nobody cares or looks at your stats and bases any sort of meaningful judgement off of any of it as a whole.

My unsolicited recommendation to you is... just play them all and try to relax and just do you. Have fun. Enjoy the triumphs and the defeats equally. :)

Well I understand his point of view if all he gets is spawned killed or goes on continuous death streaks because of scorestreaks everywhere. While its rare with how bad the scorestreaks are in Black Ops 3, but I would rage quit often too if I get killed over 5 times in a row because of spawn trapping, scorestreaks, poor teammates or lag. Then again I don't play single player games that intentionally frustrate you either, so there's my excuse.

Best wishes.

Ensoul

do you play solo? I know for me I get really frustrated playing solo I moved from xbox to ps4 and I don't have a large friends list playing blops 3. Playing this game solo through 2 prestiges is making me lose my hair faster thats for sure. I like to play the obj and domination with randoms is so painful. but generally leaving a lobby just gets you dumped into another bad lobby.

Once and while I'll play with a friend I know but that's about it. I never use my microphone by choice so I don't meet new people online. Once and a while I'll get a party invite from random people but I'll never join them.

Domination is fun at times but with randoms it's not. I always go for the objectives at first but that almost always leads to going like 5-25. After a certain point I just stop going for captures and hang back becaue I do get sick of dying.

Is anyone else having trouble playing zombies online after the update PS4?

I can play multi just fine even local zombies but when i load up public it starts looking for a match then just stops and sits there on the gumball machine select screen.

hawk2025

A couple dozen hours later, I'm surprised at how much I'm still loving the hell out of this multiplayer.

not once did I get something not common from a 10 cryptopoints chest.

Wow, really?

I think I've opened 10 or so of the 10-key chests so far. I have around 10 Legendary, Epic, or Rare items, and I've had drops with more than one at the same time.

Oh, one more question:

If I Prestige on levels, does it automatically Prestige my weapons as well? Or do weapons keep their level, despite being "locked" until I can unlock them again?

aristotle

I love taking on clans. It's the only way I'll ever get that elusive "Area Denied" calling card (shooting down a RAPS ship before it deploys anything. I still haven't gotten that damn thing unfortunately :( One day soon I'll get the card and it will all be worth it.

Also those calling for shotgun nerfs have never actually used them I bet. I only run shotguns in HC because otherwise, it's just hitmarkers. Plus it's a great way to level shotgun in hardcore. ;)

P.S.: No one cares about you stats, still. Just play the game. Also CoD does use performance based match making. The reason you go up against clans is maybe just maybe, you're as good as the people in that clan. Just a thought. :)

Bolivar687

Banned
I love taking on clans. It's the only way I'll ever get that elusive "Area Denied" calling card (shooting down a RAPS ship before it deploys anything. I still haven't gotten that damn thing unfortunately :( One day soon I'll get the card and it will all be worth it.

I got it :p

If I Prestige on levels, does it automatically Prestige my weapons as well? Or do weapons keep their level, despite being "locked" until I can unlock them again?

Prestiging your character has no effect on weapons, other than locking them and having to unlock them again.

Once you do unlock a weapon, they'll be at the same level with the same attachments you had before you prestiged.

h0tp0ck3t

P.S.: No one cares about you stats, still. Just play the game. Also CoD does use performance based match making. The reason you go up against clans is maybe just maybe, you're as good as the people in that clan. Just a thought. :)

If it does it was pretty borked last night on PC cause me and my .67 kdr had no business going up against round after round of clans destroying us and everyone on my team rage quitting

aristotle

Hatechu!

I hate that they seemed to have nerfed both the BlackCell and FMJ so it makes it even harder now. 3 Black Cells to take down a RAPS. Almost a full extended mag from a Gorgon and 1 Black Cell to take down a RAPS. I just can't seem to get them out quick enough. Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend going against a clan.

If it does it was pretty borked last night on PC cause me and my .67 kdr had no business going up against round after round of clans destroying us and everyone on my team rage quitting

Don't get me qrong, I'mm not saying it works all of the time. But it is there. Usually with clans, they are usually on the same skill level (mostly) but they have the added advantage of co-ordination. You hear about all the twitchers, yourtubers, etc. complaining because they can't go and pubstomp as easily now. I think it's funny. To me, that doesn't show skill. That just shows luck with the lobby.

Valkrai

Ugh, Campaign is such a chore to grind through. I'm trying to unlock Nightmares but is it worth suffering through? I'm about 4-5 levels left to completion.

hawk2025

Prestiging your character has no effect on weapons, other than locking them and having to unlock them again.

Once you do unlock a weapon, they'll be at the same level with the same attachments you had before you prestiged.

Perfect.

I'm going to keep my Weevil maxed out, then use the permanent unlock token on it. That should REALLY speed things up I think.

aristotle

quick question: is there any benefit to prestiging besides aesthetics?

nvm; it's exactly like blops 2, meaning prestiging is pretty useless

There are additional challenges & calling cards if you prestige once. So there is that.

You level much faster after you prestige as well. I don't know why, but you do.

Bolivar687

Banned
Hatechu!

I hate that they seemed to have nerfed both the BlackCell and FMJ so it makes it even harder now. 3 Black Cells to take down a RAPS. Almost a full extended mag from a Gorgon and 1 Black Cell to take down a RAPS. I just can't seem to get them out quick enough. Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend going against a clan.

Just to be sure, are you using Engineer?

Wurdfurd

Was lag free this morning

My NAT type bring moderate is not effecting anything right? Game play wise?

It will limit the amount of players you can connect to so the chances of getting games with low latency may be decreased. I find that I usually get better connections after i opened my NAT.

There are additional challenges & calling cards if you prestige once. So there is that.

You level much faster after you prestige as well. I don't know why, but you do.

Yea, even if you're not crazy about prestiging, do it at least once just to earn the additional challenges.

And yea, when you prestige that first time, the road to 2nd prestige is pretty damn quick. HAS to be because of the new challenges you open up.

Hope everyone is enjoying double xp!

And shame on the person who said the Argus needs to be nefed, lol :p Feels good to run around with a shotgun. It's such a beast in hardcore.

So, for those who've beaten Nightmares, how long is it? I've completed the campaign once, but only played a bit of Nightmares.

The devs told me it was upwards of 15 hours long, though.

Do the boxes repeat things you already have?

Oh yeah, I've gotten the same emblems so many times, stealth camo for the Locus like 10 times. It's pretty annoying considering there seems to be quite a bit of stuff you can unlock. I think it would take a really really long time to get everything.

hawk2025

Oh yeah, I've gotten the same emblems so many times, stealth camo for the Locus like 10 times. It's pretty annoying considering there seems to be quite a bit of stuff you can unlock. I think it would take a really really long time to get everything.

There is so much stuff that once you have repeats the probability of unlocking everything is actually close to zero if you calculate it.

I imagine the probability of unlocking, say, a Legendary skin is low enough that, if you were to calculate out the number of random draws you would need to unlock everything with a high probability it would probably have the number of Crypto keys in the millions -- no hyperbole.

Pharo + Rapid Fire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vesper

Weevil + Rapid Fire + Laser Sight.

No ADS, no stopping, lots of jumping.

Was lag free this morning

My NAT type bring moderate is not effecting anything right? Game play wise?

Open port UDP 3074 if you want to be open so you can connect to anyone.

Ugh, Campaign is such a chore to grind through. I'm trying to unlock Nightmares but is it worth suffering through? I'm about 4-5 levels left to completion.

I was burnt out after beating the campaign (on Realistic). Very long slogs and levels that out stay their welcome.

Don't know why people are giving you a hard time. Just play the way you like, no need to justify it. I don't like playing good players either cause I don't like using headsets or getting clobbered.

Top Bottom