• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

What's the glitch man?! Feel like I searched every combination of words on Google

Post the glitch man! lol

My bad! Correction - it's not the SP campaign, but the combat simulation, which is far, far more difficult.

For those unaware, the "Personal Decorator" trophy has a ridiculous number of challenges associated with it, including but not limited to beating the game on veteran without using a checkpoint (no restarts), and beating the combat simulator on realistic.

The combat simulator is hardcore and without a doubt the most challenging segment of BO3. You need to clear 16 waves which get progressively more difficult with each wave, without dying once, on a one-hit kill difficult. There's no checkpoints or mercy - if you die, you're starting over. The glitch puts you into godmode, making it impossible for you to die: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRdk8fxNB0

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tried using a PS4 controller on PC for a few games, it's OK. A definite disadvantage for sure, especially for someone like me who isn't a big console gamer but it's usable. The aim assist isn't great, people who cry about it being OP are just stupid, it rarely "snaps" onto anyone and is nothing like an aimbot. If you're a good player you can make it work by changing your playstyle to accommodate the inferior peripheral but you're still gimping yourself if you're competent with KB+M.

Still carried using it though, which says more about the other team than me!

cDE2sMO.jpg

zeelman

Last night I switched from a wired connection to wifi and the game was actually fun. I don't get it, the wifi on our router is kinda spotty at times. I didn't feel like I was a second behind the enemy team nearly as much as I did on my wired connection. I even got a 20 gunstreak during a Breach Dom game.

Haines

Banned
I know it's a redundant answer, but have you tried a hard reset?

If the issue still persists after that, I'd return the disc.

Yep.

Hard reset. Unplugged from net and deleted data and tried again. Going to try on a diff Xbox tonight. If a no go its going back for a swap.

Quick

Banned
Man, I really hate Fringe and Infection. Both maps are just terrible for me.

And is Nuk3town just not an option for MP anymore? I haven't ever seen it on MP since after the first weekend.

If anything needs to be nerfed it needs to be snipers. I cannot believe that it is actually viable and practically encouraged to run around with a sniper rifle and quick scope. That shit needs to stop.

Example. Watch this clip and tell me its not bullshit.

I was in a game full of that shit. The auto-aim lock on for quickscoping isn't just an unfair advantage, I almost hesitate to call it cheating. And it's not just from short range, either. On that same map I was on top of the platform behind the house where the robot has to get to, and there were people on the rocky path to the left of the house quickscoping with ease. They had 3-4 guys there and it was practically impossible to kill them because if you got anywhere close it was just a quick LT+RT and you're dead. No skill needed.

At times they were getting kills from like 40-50 meters.

How on earth hasn't this shit been stopped?

WTF ? Are you serious ? Snipers have been nerfed hugely since the days of MW2 etc. Slower ADS and now NO AIM ASSIST ... I repeat, Sniper rifles are the ONLY guns in the whole game with no aim assist.

I have over 12 hours playtime and 1200 kills and I have personally been killed by a Sniper in that whole time TWICE ! No one and I mean no one is using Snipers because of their difficulty.

The Sniping community is dead on this game and people like Daniel Kross are asking for Treyarch to add aim assist back in because a newcomer will never pick up a Sniper and do even remotely well compared to reaching for the nearest AR or SMG.

I used to Snipe almost exclusively at times in a lot of previous COD games and even I haven't unlocked a Sniper yet, because I know its going to need total focus and map and spawn knowledge to even remotely do well.

Sniping is by far the single most difficult thing to do in a COD game, I am amazed that it's even up for discussion. There are Snipers out there that can't go back to using an AR or SMG as it feels to cheap or easy for them and the challenge is gone.

If sniping is so easy and Quick Scoping takes no skill, then I challenge you to try Sniping exclusively on this game for a week and report back how you and your K/D ratio got on ?

I'll give you 6hrs before you are begging to go back to your LMG/SMG/AR

I keep trying sniper for some challenges, but I go 5-25 or something each time. What's the secret? Why are they even in the game?

What brilliant timing of your post to back up my point exactly. Bravo Sir.

Valkrai

Tried using a PS4 controller on PC for a few games, it's OK. A definite disadvantage for sure, especially for someone like me who isn't a big console gamer but it's usable. The aim assist isn't great, people who cry about it being OP are just stupid, it rarely "snaps" onto anyone and is nothing like an aimbot. If you're a good player you can make it work by changing your playstyle to accommodate the inferior peripheral but you're still gimping yourself if you're competent with KB+M.

Odd, I can't play for shit in it with keyboard and mouse, controller I'm much better at.

Ensoul

Can anybody offer any suggestions how to win one on one fights? I lose every single one no matter what gun I use. I pretty much shoot 8 shots, my first four don't count, followed by 4 hit markers followed my me dying. At this point I can only finish positive every 10 games. I have no idea what I can do differentry.

Did they remove the slower timer when teammates take your care package? I just dropped one ran up to it and my teammate took it immediately.

I'm wondering if it's lag and it showed up on his screen way before mine. The lag is awful today every lobby I'm in has atleast one guy teleporting around the map melting people.

Heroman

Banned
Can anybody offer any suggestions how to win one on one fights? I lose every single one no matter what gun I use. I pretty much shoot 8 shots, my first four don't count, followed by 4 hit markers followed my me dying. At this point I can only finish positive every 10 games. I have no idea what I can do differentry.
Better your aim, the first one to shit is usually the one who wins. Also what guns do you use?

Jblanks

Man, I really hate Fringe and Infection. Both maps are just terrible for me.

And is Nuk3town just not an option for MP anymore? I haven't ever seen it on MP since after the first weekend.

Agree with Infection. Headglitch galore on the map.

Smokey

WTF ? Are you serious ? Snipers have been nerfed hugely since the days of MW2 etc. Slower ADS and now NO AIM ASSIST ... I repeat, Sniper rifles are the ONLY guns in the whole game with no aim assist.

I have over 12 hours playtime and 1200 kills and I have personally been killed by a Sniper in that whole time TWICE ! No one and I mean no one is using Snipers because of their difficulty.

The Sniping community is dead on this game and people like Daniel Kross are asking for Treyarch to add aim assist back in because a newcomer will never pick up a Sniper and do even remotely well compared to reaching for the nearest AR or SMG.

I used to Snipe almost exclusively at times in a lot of previous COD games and even I haven't unlocked a Sniper yet, because I know its going to need total focus and map and spawn knowledge to even remotely do well.

Sniping is by far the single most difficult thing to do in a COD game, I am amazed that it's even up for discussion. There are Snipers out there that can't go back to using an AR or SMG as it feels to cheap or easy for them and the challenge is gone.

If sniping is so easy and Quick Scoping takes no skill, then I challenge you to try Sniping exclusively on this game for a week and report back how you and your K/D ratio got on ?

I'm getting one shotted quite a bit by snipers in FFA.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Sorry maybe its different on PC but on ps4 it absolutely aims for you.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Barring Redwood and another map or two, I think Black Ops 3's maps are worse than the maps of Black Ops 1 and 2. Ugh...

If anyone's played Killzone 2 multiplayer here, you'll understand how awesome map interactivity is. Killzone 2 had the best map I've ever played in multiplayer, where a nuke went off in the distance, alarming all the players to evacuate to the middle fortress in order to not be killed. Advanced Warfare started some map interactivity for the series (I believe it was the first), so what the hell happened here? It adds an awesome element to the game play and I wish Black Ops 3 had this. :/

They have removed the aim-assist on sniper rifles though

All I know is that while I rarely see snipers in this game, I was in a game last night where I died 44 times in a single match, with 35+ of those being from quick scope sniper rifles. Maybe there was more to it that pressing LT+RT, but the fact that when I would come around a corner shooting and they would switch from hip to ADS, the reticle would change from wherever they were looking to snapping onto me and a single shot would headshot me 80% of the time. It was no contest. I lost almost every single 1v1 encounter with somebody with a sniper rifle. It wasn't just one guy who might have gotten lucky over and over, either. It was a trio of guys who were all doing the same shit.

Auto aim or aim-assist might be gone, but there was some dumb stuff going on last night that pissed me off more than anything else this game has thrown at me thus far.

Jblanks

Barring Redwood and another map or two, I think Black Ops 3's maps are worse than the maps of Black Ops 1 and 2. Ugh...

If anyone's played Killzone 2 multiplayer here, you'll understand how awesome map interactivity is. Killzone 2 had the best map I've ever played in multiplayer, where a nuke went off in the distance, alarming all the players to evacuate to the middle fortress in order to not be killed. Advanced Warfare started some map interactivity for the series (I believe it was the first), so what the hell happened here? It adds an awesome element to the game play and I wish Black Ops 3 had this. :/

Black Ops 1 were the best, but Black Ops 2 had quite a few shitty maps : Aftermath, Cargo, Carrier, Turbine...gross. I'm hoping they bring back maps from Black Ops 1.

Black Ops 1 also had some map interactivity; I remember the Rocket taking off on Launch. All I can think of right now.
Radiation you could open/close the door in the middle.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Black Ops 1 were the best, but Black Ops 2 had quite a few shitty maps : Aftermath, Cargo, Carrier, Turbine...gross. I'm hoping they bring back maps from Black Ops 1.

Black Ops 1 also had some map interactivity; I remember the Rocket taking off on Launch. All I can think of right now.

It's funny, because of the maps you mentioned, Aftermath was my most disliked one. The others were awesome, in my opinion (especially Turbine). I like vastness in my maps. Partially why I like Modern Warfare 2's maps the most (Estate, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (not that Estate was particularly huge, but you catch my drift)).

To the bolded: Oh yea, forgot about that. But you had to be in a very specific part of that map. That was pretty tame. But it does count.

Jblanks

It's funny, because of the maps you mentioned, Aftermath was my most disliked one. The others were awesome, in my opinion (especially Turbine). I like vastness in my maps. Partially why I like Modern Warfare 2's maps the most (Estate, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (not that Estate was particularly huge, but you catch my drift)).

To the bolded: Oh yea, forgot about that. But you had to be in a very specific part of that map. That was pretty tame. But it does count.

Lol looks like we got different taste in maps. Estate was my least favourite map in MW2. Cool looking level, but having a team spawn below another team is always a bad idea; that and it was thermal all the time on that map.

I'm getting one shotted quite a bit by snipers in FFA.

And ? ... How many hits do you want them to have to hit you with ... Don't say TWO ! ;-)

All I know is that while I rarely see snipers in this game, I was in a game last night where I died 44 times in a single match, with 35+ of those being from quick scope sniper rifles. Maybe there was more to it that pressing LT+RT, but the fact that when I would come around a corner shooting and they would switch from hip to ADS, the reticle would change from wherever they were looking to snapping onto me and a single shot would headshot me 80% of the time. It was no contest. I lost almost every single 1v1 encounter with somebody with a sniper rifle. It wasn't just one guy who might have gotten lucky over and over, either. It was a trio of guys who were all doing the same shit.

Auto aim or aim-assist might be gone, but there was some dumb stuff going on last night that pissed me off more than anything else this game has thrown at me thus far.

No offence but I and most COD players have probably never died that many times in a single game (perhaps on a long game mode on COD4's shipment would be the one exception)

So it sounds like you were allowing 3 highly skilled Snipers to funnel you into the same lines of sight and attemtpitng to take them on at range time after time. When you should probably have been trying to flank them.

Either way don't hate on 3 Snipers who have taken the time to perfect their aim/speed and target acquisition, just accept they are good players who have perfected a play style and move on.

Like I said above EVERYONE who plays this game in the COD community should try Sniping and using those guns before they are even allowed to have an opinion on Sniping/Quickscoping etc.

Many players would soon change their tune after trying to use them for a few hours as their K/D plummets and they realise just how hard it really is to Snipe.

Sounds like your typical lag. Might I suggest a Pharo, Vesper or VMP? Also aim for chest-belly so you get that sweet flinch headshot.

RMI

Banned
my performance has been improving quite a bit since I unlocked Reaper. Scythe is ridiculous in Domination. I thought War Machine was good but this is even better. Extremely long duration, incredible penetration, tons of ammo, big damage, and you get bonus points for killing guys with it! Love it!

Try a gun that kills in one shot. I've been using the Argus and it is ridiculous. Good range and one hit kills when aiming down the sights. I take overkill, fast hands, and danger close (2x semtex) as perks and keep the basic sniper rifle (the semi-auto one) as a backup for long range encounters, it even shoots down UAVs in a pinch.

With regards to sniper rifles, they're not that great in this game. I am frequently getting out-sniped by assault rifles. Maybe that says something more about me than it does the rifles, but I still prefer to take a sniper as my secondary weapon because it is more utility for that load-out with the Argus.

Alucrid

Banned
my friend with this game is out of town. so i decided to join a public zombies match. immediately get paired up with a 10 year old crunching chips into the mic. the full call of duty experience

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
And ? ... How many hits do you want them to have to hit you with ... Don't say TWO ! ;-)

No offence but I and most COD players have probably never died that many times in a single game (perhaps on a long game mode on COD4's shipment would be the one exception)

So it sounds like you were allowing 3 highly skilled Snipers to funnel you into the same lines of sight and attemtpitng to take them on at range time after time. When you should probably have been trying to flank them.

Either way don't hate on 3 Snipers who have taken the time to perfect their aim/speed and target acquisition, just accept they are good players who have perfected a play style and move on.

Like I said above EVERYONE who plays this game in the COD community should try Sniping and using those guns before they are even allowed to have an opinion on Sniping/Quickscoping etc.

Many players would soon change their tune after trying to use them for a few hours as their K/D plummets and they realise just how hard it really is to Snipe.

What platform are you on? On PS4, more and more snipers becoming prevalent. Not just snipers, but more quickscopers, too. I posted about it last week even, since some are using a XIM as a big advantage boost (which sucks).

I posted about going against a squad of XIM users. Super sniper shotguns that I've yet to see outside of MW2, I think. Watching the Kill Cam shows you how fast their cursor/reticle is, which points to them using XIMs. Heck, one GAFfer admitted to using XIMs but said he's not using it for KD purposes (which a lot of people called BS on). Haha!

Snipers aren't as common now as before, but I've picked a few up, and they seem the same to use. I think the main difference here is the maps allow a lot of wallrunning stuff that shits on a snipers POV and equates to them being ambushed.

What platform are you on? On PS4, more and more snipers becoming prevalent. Not just snipers, but more quickscopers, too. I posted about it last week even, since some are using a XIM as a big advantage boost (which sucks).

I posted about going against a squad of XIM users. Super sniper shotguns that I've yet to see outside of MW2, I think. Watching the Kill Cam shows you how fast their cursor/reticle is, which points to them using XIMs. Heck, one GAFfer admitted to using XIMs but said he's not using it for KD purposes (which a lot of people called BS on). Haha!

Snipers aren't as common now as before, but I've picked a few up, and they seem the same to use. I think the main difference here is the maps allow a lot of wallrunning stuff that shits on a snipers POV and equates to them being ambushed.

I'm on PS4 UK ... I hear you on the XIM issue, sad that people don't enjoy going toe to toe with the opposition using equal controls - I always felt that was part of the beauty of console multiplayer. They have to look themselves in the mirror I guess.

I don't think sales or use of XIM will bee quite so high or prevalent on this side of the pond - but I do think I would be able to spot it if being killed numerous times and the killcam gave a clue they were aiming too fast/godly.

Sad times when people don't enjoy healthy competition on a level playing field anymore, everyone wants to be the best special little snowflake.

I must be getting old as I don't see the appeal of knowing I won through use of unfair means and equipment.

Top Bottom