• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Raptor

Well, this could happen -

BTW guys, yesterday when we had problems online, we did a couple of custom games

I feel we should do this more often, so much fun.

Full on free for all with all of GAF, we also did Demolition, CTF etc. It was great. It's an idea
Best fun I had with this game in quite sometime, yes we should do it more often.

:)

zeelman

Why is this game more playable for me on Moderate NAT then Open? I would keep it that way if I didn't get dropped from parties so much.

EL CUCO

When does double XP end?

_______

Also, I find myself having so much fun with this game that I'm not caring too much about stats and all the competitive "My K/D-SPM is bigger than yours stuff". Usually I'll reset my stats a few times before I really get the feel for things like weapons and maps, but I think this time around the movement, maps, the balance, and connectivity (for the most part) have really made this an enjoyable experience.

I think I'm just gonna play to have some fun. Probably go for all the fancy camos. Rushing is a blast in this game...sometimes you can get stuck tho and need to dial it back a bit lol. But pulling off a crazy 180 off the wall or 1v1 a guy dancing and sliding around cover is extremely satisfying.

I'm very close to saying this is my favorite CoD MP ever.

thejpfin

I love how everyone just rage quits the match immediately if is one bar lag fest.
Match starts, lag so bad that you can barely move, left corner is filled with "x player left the match" :D

Do you guys get lag fest lobbies too? or maybe my region server is broken.

Thinking of picking up this game. Is sniping effective in this game? For reference, I thought that last COD game where sniping was viable was MW2 as most of the maps were sniper friendly.

Xeilyn

Thinking of picking up this game. Is sniping effective in this game? For reference, I thought that last COD game where sniping was viable was MW2 as most of the maps were sniper friendly.
Its somewhat viable but definitely not on MW2 level. They have removed the aim assist on sniper rifles and id say there are about 6 maps that have some open areas suited for sniping.

Also fuck the servers today, i usually get around 17 ms but today i stay between 30-80 every match

skynidas

Banned

hmmm i don't love the sniper rifles in this one. there aren't many maps that are good for sniping

Obviously if there are clans or parties this goes right out of window but why not put the top player on one one team, the second and third best players on the second team then go right down the line and put the 4th on the first time, 5th on the second etc.

This method is how we pick our 6 a side Indoor Football/Soccer teams when we play.

Works a treat and seems the fairest way.

RMI

Banned
Does anybody know what the effect of a silencer is on range/damage? I'm debating whether or not it is worth it to keep the silencer on the Kuda, or just run it with the quick draw grip.

I've had an okay time using the sniper rifle as a backup weapon.

crpav

Finished the main campaign the other day on hardened and will say I will not bother with realistic. Didn't like the story either.

jorgejjvr

Does anybody know what the effect of a silencer is on range/damage? I'm debating whether or not it is worth it to keep the silencer on the Kuda, or just run it with the quick draw grip.

I've had an okay time using the sniper rifle as a backup weapon.
Watch driftor video, it is like a 50% decrease in range/damage something major like that this time around

In my experience, pharo can kill on one bursts, with silence it is ALWAYS 2-3 bursts

RS4-

How can I get the Gold camo some of you guys have?

For the guns? Just do all the challenges for it. x kills, headshots, long shots. Forgot what else. Diamond is when you get gold for ALL of the specific gun type, like the ARs.

If it's the launchers, the XM needs 10 direct hit kills. But both require you taking down 5 talons, 10 turrets, etc.

edit - I don't remember if you have to hit weapon prestige 2 for it though.

You do have to get 100 head shots before you unlock the requirements for the later camo though.

I just realized that all three Black Ops games have a moving train on one of their multiplayer maps. WMD, Express, and Metro, in Black Ops 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Xeilyn

The only thing i want nerfed is the M8, that thing have 1-shot me so many times from really far away. Everything else is fine, maybe nerf the purifier a bit

T.O.P

Banned
12291692_10207913432657645_7233690911020780136_o.jpg

Second time that this shit happens tonight, fuck

Raptor

For the guns? Just do all the challenges for it. x kills, headshots, long shots. Forgot what else. Diamond is when you get gold for ALL of the specific gun type, like the ARs.

If it's the launchers, the XM needs 10 direct hit kills. But both require you taking down 5 talons, 10 turrets, etc.

edit - I don't remember if you have to hit weapon prestige 2 for it though.

You do have to get 100 head shots before you unlock the requirements for the later camo though.

Alright, thanks man.

Challenges then.

Maximus.

I really liked man o war in the campaign, but in multiplayer I feel the fire rate is a bit slow? Giving it a chance because I did enjoy it so much before. What are people's thoughts on the gun?

I really liked man o war in the campaign, but in multiplayer I feel the fire rate is a bit slow? Giving it a chance because I did enjoy it so much before. What are people's thoughts on the gun?
I had success with it last night since the servers were great. But some nights when every hit is like 20 hit confirms this gun can become frustrating to use

jorgejjvr

Don't forget that if you get Diamond Camo for every weapon, you unlock the Dark Matter Camo.

Also, for those of you guys interested, I'll probably be online soon.

-TGM

They fixed the SPM numbers in the after action report - I asked about this on here the other day all the numbers were in the thousands and made no sense or relation to your scores ... Now they do and are in the hundreds as they should be.

I thought I was losing it trying to work out the numbers. Glad its sorted.

Top Bottom