• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

This is painful, it's the only time this weekend I can play and the servers refuse to cooperate. Hopefully Treyarch extends the Double XP to compensate.

gnexus

This is the first CoD game I've been playing on PC, and I'm still getting used to M+KB controls, but I'm getting my ass handed to me. Oh well, more practicing is always good.

I love the feel of the gun but the kn-44 just isn't good enough to keep up. If they reduced the horizontal sway a bit it would be like my favorite cod gun of all time, the bo1 galil. How do you give such a slow fire rate gun such bad horizontal sway in auto fire..

This just reminds me why I stick to core. I mean you're doing TDM, but I see this from time to time when I do HC DOM for my attachment challenges. Its so annoying to deal with.

I can understand people being frustrated by it. However, when I come up against it I like trying to figure out how to break up their campgrounds.

I do play a mixed style. I usually go with the flow of how the game is unfolding and this game allowed me to play this certain way.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can understand people being frustrated by it. However, when I come up against it I like trying to figure out how to break up their campgrounds.

I do play a mixed style. I usually go with the flow of how the game is unfolding and this game allowed me to play this certain way.

Honestly, all any of those infiltrators had to do was crouch-walk for a bit and they'd have been able to get the drop on you eventually. No BS from your end, just a lack of learning from the enemy. The best any of them did was the guy who started firing like mad at the building from afar.

Bolivar687

Banned
HHymLtXl.jpg

Can't complain coming in second place to Jorge on our GAF free for all private match. Lots of fun while the servers were out, gg guys.

Eggbok

Awesome demo game you guys lol, we came back at the end!!
Proud to have gotten the last cap for my team.
Hell awesome games all around, we should do it again!! :D

I thought I got the last cap in overtime? Because the killcam showed that it was my bomb that got somebody

But yeah, we need to do more. Just need to avoid going into party chat and use in game chat.

Eggbok

I thought I got the last cap in overtime? Because the killcam showed that it was my bomb that got somebody

But yeah, we need to do more. Just need to avoid going into party chat and use in game chat.

Errrr I was talking about the one that put us in overtime woops!!! When we weren't defending lol.

OmegaFax

HHymLtXl.jpg

Can't complain coming in second place to Jorge on our GAF free for all private match. Lots of fun while the servers were out, gg guys.

Great games all around. That OT was intense. You guys really went all out to defend that demo. This is the first CoD game I've bought since CoD4 and really the first time playing an extended session with Black Ops III online. Between this and Battlefront, it's a great time to get back into shooters. Really should do this again.

Creaking

Hendricks is fucking terrible.

Yeah. When he's not being forgettable, he's being a prick. Haven't beaten the campaign yet (waiting to do so with a friend, and both of us have been bogged down with other work), but I spent the majority of what I did play just hoping that the game would give me an excuse to kill him.

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah. When he's not being forgettable, he's being a prick. Haven't beaten the campaign yet (waiting to do so with a friend, and both of us have been bogged down with other work), but I spent the majority of what I did play just hoping that the game would give me an excuse to kill him.

He's trying his hardest to kill my enjoyment of the game. It seems like he is Treyarchs COD design philosophy made flesh. Personifying their loud, badly written, prone to violence, edgelord bro bullshit. I don't usually mind it but having him following me around is really annoying.

Game seems to be doing the usual COD-thing where the bad guys are actually sympathetic or have good motives so I end up rooting for them.

Bishop89

treyarch really fucked up with their latest update :/

Connection errors, migrating hosts, lag etc...

Cant they just leave fucking things alone when its running fine, jesus christ.

Oublieux

Man, I feel so out of my league in this game. On a good match, I can barely break an equal K/D ratio. Personally, I'm not too harped over the stat itself since I still enjoy my time, but I definitely feel like the weak link when it comes to team matches (that is to say, most of the game types).

Do you guys have any knowledge of particular guides out there? I don't tend to rush, always ADS around corners, am currently using the KN-44 (Quickdraw, Grip) and the perks Hardwired, Awareness, and--I think--Sixth Sense.

Creaking

Do you guys have any knowledge of particular guides out there? I don't tend to rush, always ADS around corners, am currently using the KN-44 (Quickdraw, Grip) and the perks Hardwired, Awareness, and--I think--Sixth Sense.

If people seem to creep up on you a lot, it may pay to look at the minimap more. Not necessarily to see where enemies are, but to see where your teammates are. If you're alone, and your teammates are largely congregating at a different part of the map, expect hostiles to be spawning nearby.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but as always, learning the maps will go quite a ways in helping you improve. Not just layouts, but how people tend to move through those layouts, where spawns happen most, etc.

Also, if the KN-44 doesn't feel effective enough, it might end up doing you good to try another weapon. The VMP seems to be the most popular these days (high fire rate + high damage = insane TTK in close/medium-close ranges), along with the Pharo and XR-2.

Sometimes results come slowly. For me, I tend to do worse when I try a new weapon or loadout. It usually takes a few rounds to get back into the rhythm of things.

Kalavaras

Banned
Man, I feel so out of my league in this game. On a good match, I can barely break an equal K/D ratio. Personally, I'm not too harped over the stat itself since I still enjoy my time, but I definitely feel like the weak link when it comes to team matches (that is to say, most of the game types).

I guess Im pretty much in the same boat. Im at 1000 kills atm with a 0.89kd I think and Im getting it closer to 1 game by game. The newest improvement in my game has been learning the atrocious spawn points. So instead of tracking the red dots on the map Im trying to focus on where my team is stacking up so I know where the enemy is most likely spawning. Ive also tried to stop running the map around like crazy and focusing on a smaller area instead. The maps are so small youll get plenty of action either way cause the spawns are all over the place. A good example is probably Combine. I just stay on the side where I spawn and keep checking both left and right side and occasionally the middle.

Oh, and this is for kill confirmed and why not TDM. Probably not a good idea for domination lol.

SteveWD40

I have played core since COD4 but I am now firmly in the HC Dom camp. Spraying a full clip into someone in core and watching in horror as they jump 30 feet and one shot you just got too much for my 35 year old reflexes.

HC strips away the fuss, don't want a killcam and instant respawns are great, plus people tend to stay mobile, only had a few campers. Team diving into your LOF and you shooting them is my biggest annoyance.

Hazaku

Goddamn MR6 akimbo is crazy in close quarters. I don't want to prestige it ever ...

treyarch really fucked up with their latest update :/

Connection errors, migrating hosts, lag etc...

Cant they just leave fucking things alone when its running fine, jesus christ.

Haha I feel ya mate.

Went on Reddit and the latest patch has stuffed up matchmaking for several of us in Asia and Oceania. Playing Hardcore to mitigate the laggy games I find. But man my SPM is taking a beating (it's below 300 now).

And yes I've got an open nat.

Top Bottom