• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

purg3

slept with Malkin
Speaking of which, do people like the new nuketown? I only tried once in its Playlist, I prefer to play core. Hopefully nuketown gets included in the rotation soon

Also, unfortunately there's not much hope for the next two CoDs...

Going to have to play bo3 for 3 years likely

Hoping for two year dlc..

As far as sales, has bo3 destroyed the other two?

Sure hope so

Didn't treyarch say they were going to support it past the standard 1 year timeframe? Could have sworn I've read that somewhere.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yea game is awesome. Best CoD since... BO2 :p

I'll play this on and off all the way until the next 3arch game. No need for me to buy the next installments...

It's quite amazing how they have balanced everything in the game from maps to killstreaks to perks and weapons. Nothing is too op, and yet everything is effective. BLOPS 2 was the first CoD game i was really good at, and a lot of that had to do with the higher TTK and the three lane maps with very few windows or camping spots. Sadly it turned into Sniper friendly quickscoping nightmare last time i played a few months ago, but I am really surprised by how they looked at everything that was wrong with BO2 and fixed it.

No crutch perks like Toughness. No crutch attachments like Stock. No OP weapons. What's even more incredible is that the game has a lot of one hit special abilities and yet somehow they arent OP. I was afraid that they would break the MP like they broke the PvP in Destiny, but Treyarch is just on another level.

Drift0r did some analysis and it has very little lag too. IIRC, BO2 had 8ms of lag, BO3 only has 4ms. Which is very impressive.

Domination is stil a mess though. Too many scorestreaks active at all times. Way too many blowouts too.

Xater

Speaking of which, do people like the new nuketown? I only tried once in its Playlist, I prefer to play core. Hopefully nuketown gets included in the rotation soon

Sure hope so

I continue to hate Nuketown with no idea why anyone would like this map. I also have a growing hate for Combine. Small maps are fine but don't vote for them multiple times in a row.

Honestly this might be my favorite multiplayer call of duty since blops1 / mw2

Think I like it more than even blops2

Black Ops 3 "grows"on you. After getting used to the faster paced action, the new maps, I'm really enjoying more and more. Hardly touched Ghosts, didn't like AW, but really look forward to playing Blops 3 every time. Can't wait to start prestiging. I'm sure there will still be piles of MP players in a years time.

jorgejjvr

I continue to hate Nuketown with no idea why anyone would like this map. I also have a growing hate for Combine. Small maps are fine but don't vote for them multiple times in a row.
I love both lol

In bo2 it would only allow you to pick tthe same map twice, this game apparently let's you do so indefinitely, they should fix that

There's only one map I dislike, and that's redwood. Next two would probably be metro and fringe, but they are okay

Nuketown is kind of a special map which is very different from all the others. It's great when it's separated from the others so it can be played 24/7 for its intended purpose: total chaos and mayhem and lots of kills. When you want to actually play as intended, you go to normal maps.

jorgejjvr

Omg

I've been playing with the xr2 lately and I've been neglecting my Pharo. Figured I should keep trying other guns, and since I like bursts weapon, I've been going with the xr2 and doing rather well.

However I decided to go back to my old trusty Pharo

And this happens, quite the CRAZY gameplay. If you guys could please watch.

https://youtu.be/CPsPh8KfwK4

Starts out slow, but picks up fast

Key crazy moments:

* that quad feed by B on round 1

* getting my streaks multiple times

* going behind the enemy team and destroying them

* winning some crazy gun fights

* surviving a grenade launcher like 4 times lol

* getting people right at their spawns

* surviving getting stunned towards the end

* challenging someone and winning with only 8 bullets left

* attempting to pick up a vesper, because I had no ammo, but accidently activating to manually control the ceberus xD.

* Lucky enough, I did not die and continued the streak with the vesper - a weapon I have not used.

Edit: Thanks No_Style! This is the gameplay you mentioned. I had to go take a shower, I will probably do a couple more games in a bit. It was ceberus, wraight and raps :p

Damn, that was quite the rush xD

I won't leave my Pharo neglected again haha
My crazy game play from the previous page, for those that did not get to see.

just saw that, got a hearty lol out of it

also imagine this successfully salting some wounds

aTW70Eu.jpg
How do you put words on two guns?

It's quite amazing how they have balanced everything in the game from maps to killstreaks to perks and weapons. Nothing is too op, and yet everything is effective. BLOPS 2 was the first CoD game i was really good at, and a lot of that had to do with the higher TTK and the three lane maps with very few windows or camping spots. Sadly it turned into Sniper friendly quickscoping nightmare last time i played a few months ago, but I am really surprised by how they looked at everything that was wrong with BO2 and fixed it.

No crutch perks like Toughness. No crutch attachments like Stock. No OP weapons. What's even more incredible is that the game has a lot of one hit special abilities and yet somehow they arent OP. I was afraid that they would break the MP like they broke the PvP in Destiny, but Treyarch is just on another level.

Drift0r did some analysis and it has very little lag too. IIRC, BO2 had 8ms of lag, BO3 only has 4ms. Which is very impressive.

Domination is stil a mess though. Too many scorestreaks active at all times. Way too many blowouts too.

Great point regarding Domination. Was always my favourite, and played it all the time in Black Ops 3, until I recently discovered the serenity of TDM. In Domination I spend half of my time avoiding the Hellfire, Lightning strikes and the thing I hate most: R.A.P.S. There's an awful sound which accompanies RAPS as well. They should change the scorestreak figures to make Domination more enjoyable.

jorgejjvr

Great point regarding Domination. Was always my favourite, and played it all the time in Black Ops 3, until I recently discovered the serenity of TDM. In Domination I spend half of my time avoiding the Hellfire, Lightning strikes and the thing I hate most: R.A.P.S. There's an awful sound which accompanies RAPS as well. They should change the scorestreak figures to make Domination more enjoyable.

I kinda did to the enemy team what you described here, in that video you posted above lol

Getting streaks in domination is a lot of fun tho...

Definitely my favorite mode.

Spawns are clear, there's objectives, but you can also get quite some kills. I think it's a nice balance. Can't really blame if someone does good and gets his streaks. I find that it's always possible to make a comeback

High streaks are not easy to get, if you manage to get them, I would consider you to be a good player, hence you deserve it. Plus in this game you can basically take out most streaks, or just find a quick cover.

TDM I find the spawns to be crazy and random, I find people finding their 'spot' and camping there

And I don't find much of an achievement at just simply getting kills, doesn't feel rewarding as winning an objective game

I have too much fun with Dom

Quick

Banned
My crazy game play from the previous page, for those that did not get to see.

I watched the entire match. I am seriously not this good.

I've mostly ended up in 4th place or lower. Occasionally 3rd place. But my KDR is generally garbage-to-okay.

I prestiged in Zombies in the same amount of time as in normal MP.

Yeah exactly, and that's way the hell too long considering multiplayer has way more content, and is imo much less repetitive since every game is different (this is of course subjective, you could argue that every game of Zombies is also different but I find it to be more or less the same thing in every game).

jorgejjvr

I watched the entire match. I am seriously not this good.

I've mostly ended up in 4th place or lower. Occasionally 3rd place. But my KDR is generally garbage-to-okay.
I used to be horrible

However, I'm the kind of person that is very competitive in everything I do

And once I put my head to it, I make myself be good

I'm not naturally always good, I become good by practicing and putting a lot of effort

In shooters fighting games even real life ping pong lol. I enjoy improving, even if it takes me a long time

Just for fun here's another great gameplay, but this time with the xr2

https://youtu.be/cjv5nYG-VVU

I've never used LMGs in previous games, they always felt too slow for my play style.
But I've tried Gorgon this weekend and, man, that gun is awesome. It has a sniper rifle accuracy and range without annoying sway and it kills everyone in two shots. The only downside is slow ADS, so you may get killed if someone jumps on you in close quarters (that's why I always let my random teammates run into rooms first lol).

h0tp0ck3t

Maybe it's just me but the Drakon and the Sheiva need to swap firerates. For a sniper the Drakon fires pretty much as fast as you pull the trigger and is a two shot kill (I think) but the Sheiva seems way slower

WaLlbaNg

three lane maps with very few windows or camping spots.
Headglitch positions are back again and strongly punishing moving
No crutch perks like Toughness.
Fast hands is pretty much mandatory, removing toughness even though they didn't remove flinch just strengthens headglitches even more, therefore punishing moving further because even with perfect aim you often won't hit headglichting enemies due to flinch.
No crutch attachments like Stock.

I think stock is still extremly important especially due to the movement possibillities, long barrel is mandatory for ARs, too and high caliber is another must have (especially due to flinch headshots)

No OP weapons

Yeah it is one of the better balanced cods. M8/man-o-war and the Vesper are still superior to other guns. Since it is pretty much impossible to not have some superior guns I think Treyarch did an excellent job on balancing the guns initially (the weapon patches were bad ideas until now).

Ban and protect can make thinks interesting too, which is pretty cool to force people to not use their go-to gun

Ensoul

I am trying to get gold for the AR but man longshots are so tough to get. Since the game is so faced paced and people tend to pick the maps that are smaller I am almost never in a position to even get one.

Treyarch needs to make the longshots a bit closer or make it just 5 longshots. I have been mostly using the HVK for almost since day one and I have only 5 with it.

I used to play a lot of Domination as part of Ground War in MW2 but that's because it was the mode that would last long enough for the possibility of nukes. It was hard to get nukes on TDM because the games were so short. Now I play TDM because it's too easy to get scorestreaks as compared to killstreaks (I preferred killstreaks) in Domination. Makes it a cluster. The scorestreaks don't seem balanced for the objective based points while in TDM they aren't blotting out the sun.

Plus I thrive in the chaos of TDM, who knows if the corner hides the enemies with their backs to you or if you just found where 5 of them spawned.

I am trying to get gold for the AR but man longshots are so tough to get. Since the game is so faced paced and people tend to pick the maps that are smaller I am almost never in a position to even get one.

Treyarch needs to make the longshots a bit closer or make it just 5 longshots. I have been mostly using the HVK for almost since day one and I have only 5 with it.

There's certain spots I found where the range gets you a longshot for ARs:

Use a grip for steadiness, long barrel, and maybe High Caliber if you get the headshot. Don't hold the trigger down, just feather it.

1. Hunted: The little cabin near one of the spawns (by all the trucks). Shoot at people who are in the house across the bridge. Up by the waterfall. I couldn't get it to work the other way though.
2. Fringe: Where people normally snipe. The barn to the house or vice-versa.
3. Redwood: Across the tree bridges and platforms. Usually you can shoot to the middle platform from the ground, the main part of the map off the bridges, if you're find the right angle. That should be good.

Play Hardcore, maps like Infection are so easy. You can nearly do 10 in a game.

I've never used LMGs in previous games, they always felt too slow for my play style.
But I've tried Gorgon this weekend and, man, that gun is awesome. It has a sniper rifle accuracy and range without annoying sway and it kills everyone in two shots. The only downside is slow ADS, so you may get killed if someone jumps on you in close quarters (that's why I always let my random teammates run into rooms first lol).
You should try them all. They are great in this game. The 48 dredge is particularly amazing.

RefigeKru

Banned
Started a game of Domination, was at 2-8 in the first couple of minutes and top of my team still. 30 point deficit going into second half, manage to equalise by 160 and then the team gets cocky and tries to hold all 3 positions - I get my care package jacked by someone spawning behind me, turns out it was a Wraith - we lose by 6 points, I'm still top of the team.

True rage.

Started a game of Domination, was at 2-8 in the first couple of minutes and top of my team still. 30 point deficit going into second half, manage to equalise by 160 and then the team gets cocky and tries to hold all 3 positions - I get my care package jacked by someone spawning behind me, turns out it was a Wraith - we lose by 6 points, I'm still top of the team.

True rage.

I once killed a guy and took his care package, and it contained a Wraith too.

Quite possibly the best moment of my life.

SlimySnake

Headglitch positions are back again and strongly punishing moving

Fast hands is pretty much mandatory, removing toughness even though they didn't remove flinch just strengthens headglitches even more, therefore punishing moving further because even with perfect aim you often won't hit headglichting enemies due to flinch.

I think stock is still extremly important especially due to the movement possibillities, long barrel is mandatory for ARs, too and high caliber is another must have (especially due to flinch headshots)

Yeah it is one of the better balanced cods. M8/man-o-war and the Vesper are still superior to other guns. Since it is pretty much impossible to not have some superior guns I think Treyarch did an excellent job on balancing the guns initially (the weapon patches were bad ideas until now).

Ban and protect can make thinks interesting too, which is pretty cool to force people to not use their go-to gun
Stock is definitely important, but no longer necessary. on ARs, it's not as effective.

the headglitch positions are definitely annoying but i dont run into them as often as say campers in MW2. The great thing about Treyarch games is that you can flank pretty much every position. I almost never run down the middle lane.

I need to try fast hands i guess. is that aim fast after sprinting? havent used it at all. i have developed a more methodical style of play in BO3. I have a 1.68 KDR with a 261 score per minute in TDM so it's not like i camp. i suppose it could be helpful for SMGs on Combine, but i still go 2.0+ KDR on Combine almost every other game.

SlimySnake

Yeah that is the problem I am having as well. When I kill someone that is kind of far away I think to myself "That really wasn't a long shot?"
it is pretty much impossible to get longshot medals for guns like the KN-44. Took me a while, but my best strategy was on hunted to stay in the rooms on either side of the bridge and shoot at people on the other side. the trick is to stay half way inside the room to give yourself the extra few yards to get the longshot medal. if you are right at the window, you are not going to get the longshot medal.

i was able to get 3-4 per game using that strategy on Hunted. Dont even bother trying for it on any other maps.

RobbieNick

I kinda did to the enemy team what you described here, in that video you posted above lol

Getting streaks in domination is a lot of fun tho...

Definitely my favorite mode.

Spawns are clear, there's objectives, but you can also get quite some kills. I think it's a nice balance. Can't really blame if someone does good and gets his streaks. I find that it's always possible to make a comeback

High streaks are not easy to get, if you manage to get them, I would consider you to be a good player, hence you deserve it. Plus in this game you can basically take out most streaks, or just find a quick cover.

TDM I find the spawns to be crazy and random, I find people finding their 'spot' and camping there

And I don't find much of an achievement at just simply getting kills, doesn't feel rewarding as winning an objective game

I have too much fun with Dom

Same here. domination is the only mode I use.

Do you think it would be wise of me to buy the PS4 version instead of playing on PC? I only use controller so my K/D ratio is low, plus it's hard to get a game going late at night. I figure, there are more people online on PS4 and they all use controller so I'd do a lot better there.

If you stink at the game (like me), watch some youtube videos for tips. I was doing horrible until I learned to aim around doorways. Now my game has improved a lot, but I'm still near the bottom most of the time.

Guy on my team went 3-51. HOW???

I once went 0-15. UGH!

I love those tight domination matches where everyone is constantly trading flags back and forth and the score ends at 200-201.

Had about 3 of those. tight tight tight.

RobbieNick

I love those tight domination matches where everyone is constantly trading flags back and forth and the score ends at 200-201.

Had about 3 of those. tight tight tight.

My best domination match had my team lose the first round 56-100 only to win the second round 200-194. Glorious!

Valkrai

Welp, met the biggest elitist douche in zombies. Prestige 10 but was talking shit how me or 3 others weren't prestige or that we sucked, also sweared a ton and just looking like an immature asshole. Turned off chat immediately.

I put on super crunch and awareness and wow I can hear footsteps so loudly that it actually causes me to die lol.

I heard them like they are right to my left.... But they'll actually be left around a wall... I'm sure I'll get used to it.

He ps4 surround headphones don't seem to be very good with making them sound rear though so you have to guess whether it's left front or left back

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

It's no where near as bad as AW for that.

Rolling Thunder inbound

Rolling Thunder inbound

Rolling Thunder inbound

Rolling Thunder inbound

Rolling Thunder inbound

Rolling Thunder inbound

11202436_985538668154813_4273889048629556401_n.jpg

How can you compete against such killing monsters! Arrived mid game and these guys are just too good. 45 kills, 4 deaths for heaven's sake. In TDM there are usually not such extremes.

Xater

Welp, met the biggest elitist douche in zombies. Prestige 10 but was talking shit how me or 3 others weren't prestige or that we sucked, also sweared a ton and just looking like an immature asshole. Turned off chat immediately.

I have chat always turned off in this game.

RS4-

11202436_985538668154813_4273889048629556401_n.jpg

How can you compete against such killing monsters! Arrived mid game and these guys are just too good. 45 kills, 4 deaths for heaven's sake. In TDM there are usually not such extremes.

It's dom. Just how it goes with ease of kill streaks and just holding choke points if your team doesn't push in.

Sure hope so

Nuketown is alright. A bit too small perhaps but cover is placed intelligently on it. Some maps in the standard rotation are better though imo.

ErikwithaK

Neo Member
There's certain spots I found where the range gets you a longshot for ARs:

Use a grip for steadiness, long barrel, and maybe High Caliber if you get the headshot. Don't hold the trigger down, just feather it.

1. Hunted: The little cabin near one of the spawns (by all the trucks). Shoot at people who are in the house across the bridge. Up by the waterfall. I couldn't get it to work the other way though.
2. Fringe: Where people normally snipe. The barn to the house or vice-versa.
3. Redwood: Across the tree bridges and platforms. Usually you can shoot to the middle platform from the ground, the main part of the map off the bridges, if you're find the right angle. That should be good.

Actually, using long barrel seems to work against you in achieving longshot medals for this game. Apparently the trick is to nerf your gun range to shorten the distance the enemy needs to be to trigger longshot medals.

The method is outlined here...http://bit.ly/1Q1mrAP

Equip:
1. Silencer
2. Varik 3 scope

Do NOT equip long barrel, since that increases the range for ARs a ton. Also, make sure you're using the 1x zoom on the varik scope. Not sure why that shortens range, but it apparently does.

This method made getting longshots MUCH easier for me.

No_Style

Are people finding BLOPS3 fast paced compared to AW? It's the opposite for me. AW was buzzing with chaos and I felt the TTK was far too quick in that game. It was tough to survive after being spotted in AW whereas I find myself being able duck away or strafe behind stuff after being pegged with a couple of bullets.

jorgejjvr

Are people finding BLOPS3 fast paced compared to AW? It's the opposite for me. AW was buzzing with chaos and I felt the TTK was far too quick in that game. It was tough to survive after being spotted in AW whereas I find myself being able duck away or strafe behind stuff after being pegged with a couple of bullets.
It's definitely fast paced but not as fast or chaotic as AW.

You definitely die fast, but not as fast as ghosts, you have room to escape

This game strikes the perfect balance

I just got the GI Unit for the first time in a care package. Of all the time I've played this game, this was the first time I saw it in action. And it kicked ass. It requires a damn high scorestreak though so I understand that few people use it. It's not amazing, but it's certainly great.

I just got the GI Unit for the first time in a care package. Of all the time I've played this game, this was the first time I saw it in action. And it kicked ass. It requires a damn high scorestreak though so I understand that few people use it. It's not amazing, but it's certainly great.

I ran with it once and even managed to get it once. It got destroyed almost immediately. Never using it again until I need to complete challenges for it.

I saw a Mothership in one game (I was at the receiving end of it though!), now that was awesome.

Top Bottom