• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Spectre's looks great. I like Outrider's and Seraph's. I don't think I'm getting all the gold armies. I can see some of the challenges being tough for certain abilities.

fuck you vision pulse

This kind of thing is why I think this might be my last CoD game. At the end of the clip, an example of a kill with the Sheiva in two shots as expected. Felt good, and how things should be. Next person comes up, and it feels like I can barely touch them. Even still, I get two hits on them, which should be enough for a kill since it was right around the same range as the one before it, but nope. This shit happens to me EVERY game. Usually multiple times. I've gotten so many two-hit no kill instances with the gorgon. And plenty of three hit kills with it. Hell, I once hit a dude with three shots in close range, and he STILL didn't die.

http://xboxclips.com/ShadowsFell/d49daaa4-76a9-4a6e-822b-e25aa649d436

Then there's this. At the end of the clip, I'm firing the Sheiva right people. As I'm doing so, the gun completely locks up as I fire, even though I'm shooting at the same rate the entire time. This also happens multiple times a game when I use the Sheiva. It only happens when I'm shooting at someone else however, I think. I could be wrong on this point. But this sort of inconsistency is ridiculous.

http://xboxclips.com/ShadowsFell/ca865f30-bf11-4e75-8d8f-1266b2ecdbc3

And as a bonus, here's a three hit kill at close range with the Sheiva. This should not be happening.

http://xboxclips.com/ShadowsFell/6ebbf220-7a93-4afd-8430-e1712bfb4cd3

This kind of thing just...sucks the life out of the game.

This kind of thing is why I think this might be my last CoD game. At the end of the clip, an example of a kill with the Sheiva in two shots as expected. Felt good, and how things should be. Next person comes up, and it feels like I can barely touch them. Even still, I get two hits on them, which should be enough for a kill since it was right around the same range as the one before it, but nope. This shit happens to me EVERY game. Usually multiple times. I've gotten so many two-hit no kill instances with the gorgon. And plenty of three hit kills with it. Hell, I once hit a dude with three shots in close range, and he STILL didn't die.

Then there's this. At the end of the clip, I'm firing the Sheiva right people. As I'm doing so, the gun completely locks up as I fire, even though I'm shooting at the same rate the entire time. This also happens multiple times a game when I use the Sheiva. It only happens when I'm shooting at someone else however, I think. I could be wrong on this point. But this sort of inconsistency is ridiculous.

And as a bonus, here's a three hit kill at close range with the Sheiva. This should not be happening.

In your first clip the player is very far away, which weakens the impact and requires 3-4 shots. In the last clip your second hit is through that material, which significantly weakens the impact.

If you haven't already done so, throw a long barrel on that monster. LB on any AR is a 100% range increase, meaning no matter where you shoot someone from, it's a guaranteed 2 shot kill. That is, assuming it's two hits to the body and NOT through a surface. Throw high caliber in and you're talking one shot headshots for an instant kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYBtYelHQ3A

Jblanks

Ugh, everytime I get a good game/clip to show, theater decides not to save the game. I tried to save it through Playstation with the capture button, but it saved a 6 second clip..

jedimike

I think you're being overly critical. It's just math... maybe the last kill was just outside the calculated field from the previous kill? maybe that first hit marker was a penetration shot? It's hard to tell from the replay but I guarantee the hit values aren't randomly assigned. The math just didn't add up even though the enemy location looked like it should have. There's nothing treyarch can do because they have to draw the line to calculate damage assigned somewhere... wherever they make that line someone will have an example of where it didn't seem consistent.

Jblanks

Looked like in the first clip you hit the guy with the 2 shots lower than the guy you killed right before.

Don't see a problem with the 3rd Clip. You're using an AR (longest range one also), 2 shot close range kills shouldn't be a thing unless you hit them chest and above; you know balancing reasons. And looked like one of your shots was through the material.

In your first clip the player is very far away, which weakens the impact and requires 3-4 shots. In the last clip your second hit is through that material, which significantly weakens the impact.

If you haven't already done so, throw a long barrel on that monster. LB on any AR is a 100% range increase, meaning no matter where you shoot someone from, it's a guaranteed 2 shot kill. That is, assuming it's two hits to the body and NOT through a surface. Throw high caliber in and you're talking one shot headshots for an instant kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYBtYelHQ3A
Doubt it, considering the first one was roughly equal distance. Stil doesn't explain my many two hit no kill gorgon kills, and other things I've described. Cod has issues, and has since the original black ops. It's pretty clear. I think you're right about the video with cover however.

Still doesn't explain all the Sheiva lockups and everything else I've experienced. I wish I'd taken more clips of more instances, because the game doesn't function consistently.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I see why you are getting frustrated, but I noticed that your rate of fire is incredibly slow. i know you said that the gun locks up but it could be your triggers or worse your slow trigger finger. ;p if you werent playing on the Xone, i would've recommended switching to the R1 button just for the Shieva. It's much easier to tap the R1 button fast.

Put a rapid fire, long barrel and high caliber attachment on that thing and practice shooting the trigger in local games before you go online.

SlimySnake

Doubt it, considering the first one was roughly equal distance. Stil doesn't explain my many two hit no kill gorgon kills, and other things I've described. Cod has issues, and has since the original black ops. It's pretty clear. I think you're right about the video with cover however.

Still doesn't explain all the Sheiva lockups and everything else I've experienced. I wish I'd taken more clips of more instances, because the game doesn't function consistently.

do you have a wired connection? if not, get on it.

also, dont underestimate the long barrel attachment. it doubles your range which is critical in offsetting any damage drop off based on the range.

I think you're being overly critical. It's just math... maybe the last kill was just outside the calculated field from the previous kill? maybe that first hit marker was a penetration shot? It's hard to tell from the replay but I guarantee the hit values aren't randomly assigned. The math just didn't add up even though the enemy location looked like it should have. There's nothing treyarch can do because they have to draw the line to calculate damage assigned somewhere... wherever they make that line someone will have an example of where it didn't seem consistent.

Older games didn't function like this prior to the original Black ops. Many people have complained about the inconsistencies in the games since then. There is no way to explain a three hit, no kill with a gorgon at close range, totally in the open, with no cover. I wish I'd gotten video of it. I'll try to in the future if I remember.

Looked like in the first clip you hit the guy with the 2 shots lower than the guy you killed right before.

Don't see a problem with the 3rd Clip. You're using an AR (longest range one also), 2 shot close range kills shouldn't be a thing unless you hit them chest and above; you know balancing reasons. And looked like one of your shots was through the material.
The Sheiva kills in two shots anywhere on the body. Doesn't matter if it's the chest, or the shin. It'll kill with one headshot with high caliber from what I've heard, but that's it. Maybe three hits at extreme ranges.

I see why you are getting frustrated, but I noticed that your rate of fire is incredibly slow. i know you said that the gun locks up but it could be your triggers or worse your slow trigger finger. ;p if you werent playing on the Xone, i would've recommended switching to the R1 button just for the Shieva. It's much easier to tap the R1 button fast.

Put a rapid fire, long barrel and high caliber attachment on that thing and practice shooting the trigger in local games before you go online.

Trust me it's not. It had been happening ALL day, and I was being very conscientious of it as I made each encounter to see if I was right.

do you have a wired connection? if not, get on it.

also, dont underestimate the long barrel attachment. it doubles your range which is critical in offsetting any damage drop off based on the range.
Wired connection. My other games work great! Battlefield, Halo, Titanfall, Battlefront, no issues at all. It's just Cod. Like I said, these kind of things have been an issue since the original black ops. Usually it's a vague complaint of "lag compensation". Regardless of what it is, the game is inconsistent. Like I said, I'll try to record more clips in the future if I see them.

RedRum

Banned
The range on this thing..

PBkznaq.gif

Jblanks

Older games didn't function like this prior to the original Black ops. Many people have complained about the inconsistencies in the games since then. There is no way to explain a three hit, no kill with a gorgon at close range, totally in the open, with no cover. I wish I'd gotten video of it. I'll try to in the future if I remember.

The Sheiva kills in two shots anywhere on the body. Doesn't matter if it's the chest, or the shin. It'll kill with one headshot with high caliber from what I've heard, but that's it. Maybe three hits at extreme ranges.

I've gotten 3 hit kills with the Sheiva before, and same with the Gorgon. I never take decriptions and stats on guns seriously; they never seem to be 100% accurate. Are you having other problems with other guns ? Those clips tbh, wouldn't have made me make a post like yours. May be some lag compensation or something, but didn't seem to bad.

Anyone wanna give me some tips on how to make clips ? Or do people just use theater ? I don't think theater saves clips right with Ground War.

I've gotten 3 hit kills with the Sheiva before, and same with the Gorgon. I never take decriptions and stats on guns seriously; they never seem to be 100% accurate. Are you having other problems with other guns ? Those clips tbh, wouldn't have made me make a post like yours. May be some lag compensation or something, but didn't seem to bad.

Anyone wanna give me some tips on how to make clips ? Or do people just use theater ? I don't think theater saves clips right with Ground War.
Sure, but the reason I made the posts is that this was happening all night. And truthfully, it's been happening since the game came out. It just irritated me to the point where I ended up recording those clips. The gorgon should never be a three shot kill at close range, without any cover in the way. The Sheiva one bothered me because I'm pretty sure I've gotten tons of two hit kills from significantly farther away with it. And the Sheiva locks up like that a lot on me.

I have issues with other guns as well. Other weird thing a where a gun will start firing out of rhythm as I'm fighting someone. It's the nasty kind of lag compensation, or whatever the inconcsistency is that has been around since the first Black Ops game. The best way I can describe it is it just doesn't "feel" right. Wonky hit detection, bullets that seemingly do nothing, instances where you instantly die...these are things people have been complaining about for a long time now.

I can fire up Cod 4, and have zero issues like this. Every cod since the first black ops has been this way. To varying degrees. I do think Black Ops 3 is an improvement, but I also think it still has issues.

SlimySnake

^Oh yeah, it's still inconsistent just like any other game. Today I had someone melee kill me with one hit to the chest. Then some guy turned around and shot me in the face as i was unloading a clip on him. Other than that though, i won gun battles i should've lost and landed perfect hits with the Hvak and the Weivel.... two guns with very modest damage and range.

Went 28-2 and 21-3 in the games below. the second clip has the deaths i talked about above. I just love the Hive gun. It lets me pretty much close off an entire area so i can focus on the other exits without worrying about someone coming from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFEbquK7gY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRV8qtu0LEc

^Oh yeah, it's still inconsistent just like any other game. Today I had someone melee kill me with one hit to the chest. Then some guy turned around and shot me in the face as i was unloading a clip on him. Other than that though, i won gun battles i should've lost and landed perfect hits with the Hvak and the Weivel.... two guns with very modest damage and range.

Went 28-2 and 21-3 in the games below. the second clip has the deaths i talked about above. I just love the Hive gun. It lets me pretty much close off an entire area so i can focus on the other exits without worrying about someone coming from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFEbquK7gY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRV8qtu0LEc
Yup I know. It sucks.

It's only Call of Duty that I have these issues in. And only CoD games dice the original Black Ops. It just drives me bonkers, especially when it's in addition to the fact that I don't like a lot of the fundamental design decisions that they have made in the recent games.

RobbieNick

Tried every tip on youtube, but still get disconnected every 3 minutes into a match on PS4. Every other online game works fine on the system but this one. Is everyone experiencing this or is it just me?

Tried every tip on youtube, but still get disconnected every 3 minutes into a match on PS4. Every other online game works fine on the system but this one. Is everyone experiencing this or is it just me?

Just to chime in, like the posters above I have not had this issue, and I've never seen anyone with it. Is your game updated? Your connection seem stable, so you might have to contact support.

Radec

Try deleting the game files.

Happened that to me back then. Not sure if that fixed it.

Najaf

Anyone having trouble with the Dual Wield challenge? Despite using dual wield pistols, it doesn't register any kills.

I have gotten some of the Run and Gun kills which is dual wield and gung ho, but still zero in the Dual Wield.

Xater

Anyone having trouble with the Dual Wield challenge? Despite using dual wield pistols, it doesn't register any kills.

I have gotten some of the Run and Gun kills which is dual wield and gung ho, but still zero in the Dual Wield.

I have also multiple challenge that don't work. Sentry gun kind secondary gun fighter also don't register for me.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Up against a clan in KC and I had to destroy 2 Talons, 2 Cerberus, 1 Sentry, 1 HATR, 9 UAVs, and 1 CUAV in one game.

They called in more but I couldn't destroy them all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Had probably my best ever session tonight, I was just on fire. The amount of abuse I got was absolutely insane, I think I was called every slur in the book as well as the usual hackusations. Thermal Dingo is the new hotness. I love nights like this where you just can't miss, and the lobbies are kind to you. Now time to try the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135853.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 2XP Mountain Dew Code -- MB-E124DA7E5BB7F153 - Taken by Pegasus Actual
Redeem by the end of the 31st this month for your 2XP at DewAndDoritos.com

Holy shit glitch is amazing for outplays. I had to reload so I ran around the corner glitched and was right behind the guy for the kill. God dammit.

Also I only have two more knife camos left for gold. Nobody expects the knife in this game.

Jblanks

Holy shit glitch is amazing for outplays. I had to reload so I ran around the corner glitched and was right behind the guy for the kill. God dammit.

Also I only have two more knife camos left for gold. Nobody expects the knife in this game.

Unfortunately most of the time when I used that ability; it would either glitch me somewhere way off from the enemy, or it would glitch me too far back and the enemy would know where I went.

So apparently they're gonna be improving some of the higher scorestreaks as they're underperforming.

I wonder specifically what ones they are, and what they're going to change.

I know people have been complaining about how easy stuff is to take down, but things have always been easy to take down and I've done it for years - it just seems more people run the launchers these days rather than me being the only sole doing it!

People have been saying oh Wraith needs 3 shots to down etc, stuff like that but an attack helicopter has always been 2 rockets to down. No change there, and it still seeks out the person who locks on to it.

Rey

Hey guys. Im a bit bored with the gunplay of Star Wars Battlefront and thinking about buying Black Ops. Anybody else moved from Battlefront to Blops and is having more fun with the game?

jorgejjvr

So apparently they're gonna be improving some of the higher scorestreaks as they're underperforming.

I wonder specifically what ones they are, and what they're going to change.

I know people have been complaining about how easy stuff is to take down, but things have always been easy to take down and I've done it for years - it just seems more people run the launchers these days rather than me being the only sole doing it!

People have been saying oh Wraith needs 3 shots to down etc, stuff like that but an attack helicopter has always been 2 rockets to down. No change there, and it still seeks out the person who locks on to it.
I still think they wraith should not be destroyed that easy

Top Bottom