• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sniping is so fun in this game. I just wish there were some good sigh lines on more than 3 of the maps.

I've spent about 1 hour sniping between every CoD combined other than BO3 so I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it in BO3. I like the Locus other than the chest hit markers.

jorgejjvr

It actually feels like I'm playing something fresh but still with the fast flashy gameplay of previous CoDs. The guns are all great and every map if awesome.

Pharo and XR2 for life.

While I was banned I played it so much. XD
My man, those are the exact two weapons I use xD

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I've spent about 1 hour sniping between every CoD combined other than BO3 so I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it in BO3. I like the Locus other than the chest hit markers.

Same here. I was traditionally always an AR guy but I dabbled. I haven't had an actual snipe build since MW2. Shotguns and snipes definitely are the least practical weapons in the game imo but none of them are bad. The maps just sort of limit your options. Especially with how fast TTK's are with SMGs. Hell i'm even really liking LMGs. The ADS times on the heavier weapons are pretty brutal though, but honestly I just don't really have as much fun with the lighter weapons. Even though I'd still like to see a universal range nerf on SMG's I still think every weapon class is competitive.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for some team deatmatch? I'm consistently pulling a 2kd but consistently have teammates going 3-16 so I keep losing :(

Gamertag is bobs99 if anyone fancies and is on!

Add me on Xbox too guys
Gt- Archpath1

Always looking for more peeps

Finally added you guys, jumping on now. Feel free to join if you can.

One Guardian kill away from gold XM-53, I was standing 5 feet away, aiming right at it, and the rocket somehow misses.

Edit: got it next game lol!

No_Style

Great couple of games, Jorge. That one game when you went berserk was so densely filled with RAPS, Cerebus and other nonsense like I never seen before.

jorgejjvr

Omg

I've been playing with the xr2 lately and I've been neglecting my Pharo. Figured I should keep trying other guns, and since I like bursts weapon, I've been going with the xr2 and doing rather well.

However I decided to go back to my old trusty Pharo

And this happens, quite the CRAZY gameplay. If you guys could please watch.

https://youtu.be/CPsPh8KfwK4

Starts out slow, but picks up fast

Key crazy moments:

* that quad feed by B on round 1

* getting my streaks multiple times

* going behind the enemy team and destroying them

* winning some crazy gun fights

* surviving a grenade launcher like 4 times lol

* getting people right at their spawns

* surviving getting stunned towards the end

* challenging someone and winning with only 8 bullets left

* attempting to pick up a vesper, because I had no ammo, but accidently activating to manually control the ceberus xD.

* Lucky enough, I did not die and continued the streak with the vesper - a weapon I have not used.

Edit: Thanks No_Style! This is the gameplay you mentioned. I had to go take a shower, I will probably do a couple more games in a bit. It was ceberus, wraight and raps :p

Damn, that was quite the rush xD

I won't leave my Pharo neglected again haha

Darknight

Quick Qs..

Is there a GAF PS4 clan? If so any invites?

I've never played Nuketown3 even though I own it. How the hell do I play it online?

luchadork

only way ive found to play it is the chaos playlist in the 3rd option of playlists...

also. i cant stop playing. i cant believe how goddamn good this game is. i am not a massive fan of shooters, in fact i think the last one i played was world at war. but this is something else. it has its hooks in me completely. i play a bit of campaign then a bit of multi. unlock some stuff. change my loadouts. design some emblems. play some campaign. do some tdm. open some crates. play some zombies. its insane. i love it so much.

On Demand

Banned
only way ive found to play it is the chaos playlist in the 3rd option of playlists...

also. i cant stop playing. i cant believe how goddamn good this game is. i am not a massive fan of shooters, in fact i think the last one i played was world at war. but this is something else. it has its hooks in me completely. i play a bit of campaign then a bit of multi. unlock some stuff. change my loadouts. design some emblems. play some campaign. do some tdm. open some crates. play some zombies. its insane. i love it so much.

Yeah, the amount of content it has is crazy. Don't forget dead ops arcade. Nightmares i have yet to try.

Jblanks

That was a really close match. Sorry my performance is subpar.

Yea that was a rough ending. I was rolling with the lowest scorestreaks to get the Combat Focus challenge done.

Finished the Sparrow, and just need the double golden gun kills and 1 more earn 2 scoresteaks with one combat focus activated.

Then I just have the Nomad, and the Heat Wave Firebreaker challenges left.

Tip, ddo not put gaf on your clan. I had the experience of a full gaf lobby, we all had a gaf clan and people would just leave lol

Hah, that's funny. I haven't put anything as my clan in all my time of playing, though maybe I should.

No problem, glad you enjoyed them!

Edit: what's the extra range of long barrel on smgs?

It only increases your minimum damage range by 25%.

Yeah, this is correct. It's not nearly as useful on SMG's as AR's.

Omg

I've been playing with the xr2 lately and I've been neglecting my Pharo. Figured I should keep trying other guns, and since I like bursts weapon, I've been going with the xr2 and doing rather well.

Nicely done.

Suirrad

Anybody here did a "Fresh Start"?

Does it also remove the callsigns and camos you've earned from the campaign?

Yes I just did yesterday and I can confirm it doesnt delete the things unlocked in campaign or any black market items. Everything else is gone.

Xater

I think the hardened sentry challenge is bugged for me. It has been stuck a 9/10 for forever now. I have definitely gotten kills with it.

Valkrai

I hope they do some remakes of older Zombie maps, maybe the ones from Black Ops or Black Ops 2.

I don't know if the older World at War maps would be that fun now.

The zombies mode has a cool atmosphere, but imo leveling up is too slow and the mode is simply too repetitive. After five games I just don't find it fun any more. Matchmaking was also broken for it, though maybe it's been fixed now.

ncslamm

I've heard a lot of people complaining about how difficult it is to get the 2 rapid kills after glitching twice for the final Prophet body armor. I somehow managed to do it in two games of kill confirmed by luck. I glitched and there were two people almost side by side. Thank god I got that one of out of the way. Still going for diamond on all camos. All I've gotten so far was the LMGs and Launchers. Got the Drakon gold and about 30 minutes into working on the Locus I had to switch. Sniping can be so frustrating sometimes and I think I'll save them for last. Having a great time working on the ARs now and you can definitely tell they are tuned a lot better than the LMGs. Dingo is still my favorite gun in the game but I'm absolutely shredding people with the KN-44 and XR2 right now.

system11

I'm learning to enjoy the Gorgon at the moment. People are used to bursts of fire then a reload window they can attack an opponent during. With the Gorgon you can fire much longer than they expect and quite often people will just dodge back into it. You can even advance and turn into a room firing slowly.

Trouble is a lack of total ammo and having to make the tea while it reloads. Fun gun though.

Screw trying to kill people tagged with Vision Pulse though for that facepiece unlock, that thing fades so quickly. It's only worth using if you already know where the enemy is and can quickly get in line of sight after using the ability.

Hey, guys! Picked this up on Black Friday and the multiplayer's pretty neat! I haven't touched a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2 so I'm happy that this game's pretty slick with the multipla--

Omg

Starts out slow, but picks up fast

Key crazy moments:

* that quad feed by B on round 1

* getting my streaks multiple times

* going behind the enemy team and destroying them

* winning some crazy gun fights

* surviving a grenade launcher like 4 times lol

* getting people right at their spawns

* surviving getting stunned towards the end

* challenging someone and winning with only 8 bullets left

* attempting to pick up a vesper, because I had no ammo, but accidently activating to manually control the ceberus xD.

* Lucky enough, I did not die and continued the streak with the vesper - a weapon I have not used.

Edit: Thanks No_Style! This is the gameplay you mentioned. I had to go take a shower, I will probably do a couple more games in a bit. It was ceberus, wraight and raps :p

Damn, that was quite the rush xD

I won't leave my Pharo neglected again haha

holy shit

Just got into a Nuketown Dom match where someone was glitched into a wall and kept spawn camping us. You could see the muzzle coming through the wall. Couldn't shoot him.

sonto340

I'm learning to enjoy the Gorgon at the moment. People are used to bursts of fire then a reload window they can attack an opponent during. With the Gorgon you can fire much longer than they expect and quite often people will just dodge back into it. You can even advance and turn into a room firing slowly.

Trouble is a lack of total ammo and having to make the tea while it reloads. Fun gun though.

Screw trying to kill people tagged with Vision Pulse though for that facepiece unlock, that thing fades so quickly. It's only worth using if you already know where the enemy is and can quickly get in line of sight after using the ability.
I got a ton of mileage out of this tactic in blops2 with the lsat. Fire about 10-15 bullets then pause and 9times out of 10 they'll pop out of cover thinking you're reloading.
Unfortunately for them I've got about 85 billets left in the clip.
I haven't touched the LMGs too much in this game really yet though.
The Vesper I think it's called has been tearing dudes apart for me. But I've always been more of a run and gunner.

Strider

Yea game is awesome. Best CoD since... BO2 :p

I'll play this on and off all the way until the next 3arch game. No need for me to buy the next installments...

Xater

The zombies mode has a cool atmosphere, but imo leveling up is too slow and the mode is simply too repetitive. After five games I just don't find it fun any more. Matchmaking was also broken for it, though maybe it's been fixed now.

I prestiged in Zombies in the same amount of time as in normal MP.

Rixxan

Yea game is awesome. Best CoD since... BO2 :p

I'll play this on and off all the way until the next 3arch game. No need for me to buy the next installments...

Honestly this might be my favorite multiplayer call of duty since blops1 / mw2

Think I like it more than even blops2

jorgejjvr

Speaking of which, do people like the new nuketown? I only tried once in its Playlist, I prefer to play core. Hopefully nuketown gets included in the rotation soon

Also, unfortunately there's not much hope for the next two CoDs...

Going to have to play bo3 for 3 years likely

Hoping for two year dlc..

As far as sales, has bo3 destroyed the other two?

Sure hope so

Top Bottom