• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

This game confuses me so much. Was playing a ton of core modes for the past week and it seemed half the lobbys had someone not at full green bars and every time this occurs for me there are hitmarkers that don't register, random deaths from behind corners, etc. I shot someone three times with an Argus at close range as he was crouched camping in a corner. Was struggling to hit a 1 k/d and plummeted my stats.

About quit for good, then decided to play hardcore for the lulz. Every lobby seemed legit, finished every match at ~2 k/d or above.

Guess I'm sticking with hardcore.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man, VMP is still a beast even with the nerfs.

I love it due to its large clip size pair with stock and silencer.

It just seems like such a silly weapon to me. I get the Vesper's fast TTK; that thing eats through a magazine like nothing, and it's hard to get more than three kills with a single clip, if that. The VMP has one of the larger clip sizes of the entire SMG class, one of the fastest TTKs in the game (I've been killed several times from full health by stray bullets from a VMP that were meant for someone else, just when walking by), and decent range and handling. In my experience, it doesn't even eat through a clip as fast as the Vesper.

I just don't get how they thought that made for a weapon with equal strengths and weaknesses as like... the Weevil.

Been seeing a lot more Kuda use these days though. Last few patches have turned that into a bit of a menace.

Sorry but i need to ask a quick question:
My brother bought Black Ops 3 and got the Nuketown map with it, my question is does the map need to be redeemed on the primary account for all users on the system to use it or will it be fine on any account?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sorry but i need to ask a quick question:
My brother bought Black Ops 3 and got the Nuketown map with it, my question is does the map need to be redeemed on the primary account for all users on the system to use it or will it be fine on any account?

Gotta be on the primary account for all users to use it. Otherwise only the user who redeemed it will be able to use it.

edit: Well, at least, that's how it is on PS4. If you bought it on Xbox One, then I'm not sure how it works.

Tokubetsu

It just seems like such a silly weapon to me. I get the Vesper's fast TTK; that thing eats through a magazine like nothing, and it's hard to get more than three kills with a single clip, if that. The VMP has one of the larger clip sizes of the entire SMG class, one of the fastest TTKs in the game (I've been killed several times by stray bullets from a VMP that were meant for someone else, just when walking by), and decent range and handling. In my experience, it doesn't even eat through a clip as fast as the Vesper.

I just don't get how they thought that made for a weapon with equal strengths and weaknesses as like... the Weevil.

Been seeing a lot more Kuda use these days though. Last few patches have turned that into a bit of a menace.

New Kuda is super hot right now. Kinda feels like a more accurate but slower firing VMP.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having my best games with a silenced KN-44 now.

I really should have unlocked Ghost instead of the M8A7 that I never use :(

jorgejjvr

I'm having my best games with a silenced KN-44 now.

I really should have unlocked Ghost instead of the M8A7 that I never use :(
Ghosts was my very first permanent unlock

The game play above is the result of ghosts, silencer, and blast suppressor. I love being invisible, mostly now with the silencer buff

Jblanks

Oh man think I just found my new favourite setup. Silenced Pharo + Dead Silence + Ghost..

Pharos Iron sights actually work well.

Anyone want to play some games with me and earn some mothership assist calling cards? I'm up for anything. I want decent teammates, since I always seem to get the worst ones whenever I play solo.

PSN: TheGoreMagala

jorgejjvr

Oh man think I just found my new favourite setup. Silenced Pharo + Dead Silence + Ghost..

Pharos Iron sights actually work well.
Very similar to mine

Silenced pharo, ghosts, blast suppressor. Not sure if dead silence will be better, haven't felt like I need it so far. I've even been playing without blast suppressor, but that combination is completely invisible

https://youtu.be/oVZFjd-SrS4

I'll have the same class for the razorback when I get it as well, will permanently unlock it

As for iron sights, I prefer helo on my smgs

Jblanks

Very similar to mine

Silenced pharo, ghosts, blast suppressor. Not sure if dead silence will be better, haven't felt like I need it so far. I've even been playing without blast suppressor, but that combination is completely invisible

https://youtu.be/oVZFjd-SrS4

I'll have the same class for the razorback when I get it as well, will permanently unlock it

As for iron sights, I prefer helo on my smgs

Yea I usually use the ELO sight, but I wanted to experiment with quickdraw + silencer + grip and I'm liking it. Never used blast suppressor because I mostly play Ground War so a lot of people don't pay attention to the quick animation it makes on their mini map. I used to use Tac Mask, but I found I don't get stunned/flashed very often, whereas dead silence keeps me silent the entire game.

I like the iron sights on the SMGs ; at least the ones I use (Weevil, RB, Pharo) so I just roll with them, and can use my extra slot on another attachment.

ncslamm

I like to watch streams before I hop in to the game but man the COD community is so toxic. All you hear in every stream is "I hope you get cancer" "Die of AIDS" "Bunch of kids" "scrubs" etc.

ncslamm

So to those of you going for dark matter camo: which class of weapons was the hardest to finish? I did LMGs and Launchers first. I've got the first 3 snipers done and now i'm working on ARs while I wait for the last sniper to unlock at 52.

Jblanks

So to those of you going for dark matter camo: which class of weapons was the hardest to finish? I did LMGs and Launchers first. I've got the first 3 snipers done and now i'm working on ARs while I wait for the last sniper to unlock at 52.

ARs were the easiest, SMGs took a little longer but were also pretty easy. LMGs went pretty fast because there's only 4, but I died a lot using them. I only have those done, as well as 2 shotguns, 1 sniper, and launchers. I would say pistols/shotties will be the hardest.

ncslamm

ARs were the easiest, SMGs took a little longer but were also pretty easy. LMGs went pretty fast because there's only 4, but I died a lot using them. I only have those done, as well as 2 shotguns, 1 sniper, and launchers. I would say pistols/shotties will be the hardest.

That's kind of what I figured. I imagine the 5 bloodthirsties with pistols is going to be annoying. Shottys may be fun to do since I play ground war. If Infection comes up on Safeguard ground war it's really really easy to get 5 kills in a row when the robot gets towards the goal and everyone is bunched up together.

Everything that requires one hit kills is very easy because you can just play in hardcore. SMGs are the most annoying primaries to me because you need to get headshots with them and they're not really meant to be used that way.

Launchers are a lot harder after the buff to streaks. You need to be getting wrecked by the other team so they can start using their streaks, but if you're getting wrecked it's not going to be easy to shoot 3 rockets onto a Cerberus... 5 times. Even worse on the launcher with only 2 shots.

Pistols are the most annoying only because I never use them.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Everything that requires one hit kills is very easy because you can just play in hardcore. SMGs are the most annoying primaries to me because you need to get headshots with them and they're not really meant to be used that way.

Launchers are a lot harder after the buff to streaks. You need to be getting wrecked by the other team so they can start using their streaks, but if you're getting wrecked it's not going to be easy to shoot 3 rockets onto a Cerberus... 5 times. Even worse on the launcher with only 2 shots.

Pistols are the most annoying only because I never use them.
Idk how many rockets it takes to kill a mint cerberus, but they usually die from an emp grenade and lock on from my blackcell.

Man emp's great.

Top Bottom