• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

No_Style

This is my first cod dlc

They are not included along all the other maps?

No idea how Treyarch is going to do it. The last time I played COD long enough to encounter map packs, they included it in the regular playlists but would just interrupt us peasants with "you don't have this map pack" messages whenever a DLC map is loaded. As a result, the game is loaded with a number of players missing because they didn't have the map, so the game booted them out.

And seeing how there is voting and not everyone will have the map packs, people may not vote those maps to be played so Treyarch may create a separate playlist with just those maps so people actually get to play what they pay for.

It's never elegant. It's times like this where a server browser would be beneficial so you can just play with people who have all the maps or none of the maps. (I guess you could make a special playlist for season pass holders that prevent non-season pass holders to enter as well)

ShinMaruku

Annihalator pistol sucks compared to everything else

Nah man, if you see any part of a person poking out take a shot and they get blown. Also the art of getting 2 triple kills when you use it at the right point and blaming people. Also I spatted a sniper with it. The git flew off.

Rixxan

What's your secret? Lol

dunno i havent really uploaded any footage in a few days but ive just been running around with SMGs and paying attention to radar and fragging hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lYdKvqsGE

last couple evenings i re-unlocked wraith/hatr/raps combo which i just cycle through, and they help out a bunch. i dont really like the mothership because im not the biggest fan of controllables - think im gonna use my next two prestiges to make sure i keep wraith and hatr, they definitely improve my kill totals but im not a player who camps for streaks whatsoever - i prefer run and gun

tigerin

dunno i havent really uploaded any footage in a few days but ive just been running around with SMGs and paying attention to radar and fragging hard

last couple evenings i re-unlocked wraith/hatr/raps combo which i just cycle through, and they help out a bunch. i dont really like the mothership because im not the biggest fan of controllables - think im gonna use my next two prestiges to make sure i keep wraith and hatr, they definitely improve my kill totals but im not a player who camps for streaks whatsoever - i prefer run and gun

That's impressive! You made the weevil looks like the vesper lol. It also rare to see someone uses kinetic armor since its pretty weak imo. I guess it just pure skills then. Nothing I can learn :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Getting chameleon with the SVG is going to be murder. Does anyone know if Rejack lets you continue kill streaks after reviving for challenges and the like, or is it really utterly useless? I already know it resets Scorestreaks.

Radec

That's impressive! You made the weevil looks like the vesper lol. It also rare to see someone uses kinetic armor since its pretty weak imo. I guess it just pure skills then. Nothing I can learn :(

Kinetic armor is pretty good when you want to rush a situation like 1v3.

I'm like it now that I'm trying to get quad feed medals.

eek5

best part of kinetic armor is how easy the medals are. probably the best ability for xp

Getting chameleon with the SVG is going to be murder. Does anyone know if Rejack lets you continue kill streaks after reviving for challenges and the like, or is it really utterly useless? I already know it resets Scorestreaks.

It used to count as of 3-4 hot fixes ago. not sure if it still does. You don't get the medal but it would count for the camo challenge.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sweet, got gold for the SVG. I had 4/5 Bloodthirsties and then I just couldn't get a lobby that wasn't either Combine or Aquarium.

No idea how Treyarch is going to do it. The last time I played COD long enough to encounter map packs, they included it in the regular playlists but would just interrupt us peasants with "you don't have this map pack" messages whenever a DLC map is loaded. As a result, the game is loaded with a number of players missing because they didn't have the map, so the game booted them out.

And seeing how there is voting and not everyone will have the map packs, people may not vote those maps to be played so Treyarch may create a separate playlist with just those maps so people actually get to play what they pay for.

It's never elegant. It's times like this where a server browser would be beneficial so you can just play with people who have all the maps or none of the maps. (I guess you could make a special playlist for season pass holders that prevent non-season pass holders to enter as well)
That's not how it works.

Usually, and I say usually because I didn't bother with AW so maybe they did things different, how it works is for a while after launch there's a separate playlist of just DLC maps. Typically this has just your core modes - TDM, Dom, KC.

Then after a few weeks they get introduced into the standard playlists.

When you look for a match there will be two pools of players. Those with the DLC pack, those without.

When you enter a lobby without DLC the DLC maps will never come up for voting.

Only if you join a party where some have DLC/some do not will you have issues where it'll say 'some guy hasn't got DLC'.

Xater

Man I just got thrown into a shitty dom match. My team was such trash that the air was just full of shit all the time and I was the only one with a launcher. Had the second most kills and the most points just from shooting everything down.

Didn't stay to the end because that was no fun at all.

jorgejjvr

I don't like controlling either, but when I have 30 kills, and when I'm done with the mothership I end with 50 ±, then it's totally worth it.

Sometimes it helps me cycle and get my streaks all over again

That game play we had, I got the mothership again, the game was just about to end and there were too many things in the air

Wraight, raps, and mothership to completely go ham

Rixxan

nah i get that, mothership definitely does mad work in terms of stacking kills, i just enjoy getting clean-up kills while they other team scrambles to deal with the wraith, hatr, and raps

all three of them active while i run around and continue getting ground game frags

but yeah i feel u, its always fun to just to spawn blast kids from the mothership, fastest way to get kills in the game probably

jorgejjvr

nah i get that, mothership definitely does mad work in terms of stacking kills, i just enjoy getting clean-up kills while they other team scrambles to deal with the wraith, hatr, and raps

all three of them active while i run around and continue getting ground game frags

but yeah i feel u, its always fun to just to spawn blast kids from the mothership, fastest way to get kills in the game probably

yeah, specially after the buff, its ridiculous.

I don't play much else besides domination, but perhaps we can play some kill confirmed together sometime. I know you play it a lot and in parties, would love to see how i do

Radec

For once I hate connection priority matchmaking.

Fucking thing can only find games in my country which only includes TDM, Domination, and once a week, Chaos Moshpit.

Even finding games on those first 2 can be a pain sometimes. Sure 30ms ping is amazing. But it gets tiring to play those modes 95% of the time because you don't have a choice.

Fuck.

ShinMaruku

Last night was fun for the matches I had with GAF and the one bad run they put me in they had 20 kills to go so I hid in a bunker with a shotgun and gunned down 4 people trying to jump into it getting 2 double kills it was glorious!

Rixxan

Any tips on how to increase my chances on HIVE double kills?

gonna be working on these tonight, plan on just dropping them near the generator path entrances/exits on combine, or in the control room entrances - should get it done quickly as ive gotten plenty of double kill HIVEs doing the same thing before i unlocked the challenge

got super lucky on rejack doubles last night, unlocked the chupacabra hat in probably 3 or 4 kill confirmed games

Edit: just have Reaper left and then I can start working on the Hero camos

Calabi

There's a good side to be only one of the few to go for the objectives. It allows me to be top of the leaderboard sometimes, hopefully will be able to do those challenges.

CW7KdcjWcAAhEdk.png

I could probably get my win streak up if I had enough matches like that and win them single handedly.

Top Bottom