• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Jblanks

GI unit is such garbage. I've called in 3 and have gotten 5 kills. The last one I called in got destroyed by a couple of arrows... Meanwhile the mothership which requires only 100 more points to get takes 7-8 rockets to shoot down, and melts people.

ncslamm

5 Bloodthirsties with the Haymaker has got to be one of the most frustrating challenges. I did the 2 rapid rejack kills, 2 rapid vision pulse kills, and all the snipers (which I suck at) with ease but the freakin' haymaker sucks so much. I've been playing HC KC for the shotguns and haven't had any problem with any of them. But this gun...oh this gun...

GI unit is such garbage. I've called in 3 and have gotten 5 kills. The last one I called in got destroyed by a couple of arrows... Meanwhile the mothership which requires only 100 more points to get takes 7-8 rockets to shoot down, and melts people.
GI could do with downing people a little quicker. It is easy to follow a GI about and steal it's kills because it takes too long.

jorgejjvr

Mothership it is!

Lol I'm back at it, down to play

Any recommendations for lower levels? Only rank 2 and trying to figure out the best guns to run with. Currently using the KN-44 and it's not too bad. Just want to know what to switch to as the rank increases. Also looking to run with PS4 GAF any time. PSN ErnieMcCracken,

RefigeKru

Banned
Any recommendations for lower levels? Only rank 2 and trying to figure out the best guns to run with. Currently using the KN-44 and it's not too bad. Just want to know what to switch to as the rank increases. Also looking to run with PS4 GAF any time. PSN ErnieMcCracken,

KN-44 is practically the only gun I've used since I started playing.

Maddocks

I have leveled to 55, but I need to know. Is prestiging worth doing? Because while I figure I would do it, I was going to wait for another double xp weekend to actually make the jump.

Also what is a good thing to use my perm unlock token on. Should it be a gun or should I just use it on a character? so many decisions!

Gorillaz

so many shitty ass christmas kids this past weekend and they have all been on my team (no offense to anyone here that just got it lol)

im usually not bad with dealing with the christmas rush but this year has been worse, in terms of carrying teams against full parties

I have leveled to 55, but I need to know. Is prestiging worth doing? Because while I figure I would do it, I was going to wait for another double xp weekend to actually make the jump.

Also what is a good thing to use my perm unlock token on. Should it be a gun or should I just use it on a character? so many decisions!

Prestige at least once just to open up some more challenges. Your 2nd time around will be much quicker because of those new challenges. It'll slow down again afterwards, though.

If I had to bet, the next double xp should happen in February when the 1st map pack comes out. You said you were going to prestige regardless and it would be better to prestige now instead of being 55 and waiting for a month, not gaining any XP.

As far as what to use your perm unlock on, totally up to you and your playstyle. Do you want to be invisible from UAV? Pick Ghost. Found a weapon that you destroy with? Choose that weapon. Feel like you run out of ammo too quickly? Pick Scavenger. Most people like unlocking Ghost first so they can be invisible, as well as because it unlocks so late.

Just think of it as, "what is going to help me get through this next prestige easier?"

ncslamm

Well about 20 minutes after my earlier post I finally got the 5 bloodthirsties with the haymaker...in a single game. Just went to core domination on breach and sat on B. Moved on to the argus and joined a party with my cousins in core TDM and finished it up in about 6 games. Prestiged for the 6th time and now I'm working on the pistols.

Skittles

LMAO, since everything isn't downloaded i can see through cover yet still be protected by it. Making it super easier to kill someone

Gorillaz

A fun thin with the prestige tokens (and someone here can correct me if wrong) but I think you can easily move them around. So I you don't want one thing to be the permanent unlock you can change it

Radec

It is if you want to unlock more challenges, callsigns, unlock everything.

Use perm unlock on high lvl requirement things that you want to use.

I did it for M8A7, Firebreak.

Don't be like me and accidentally used it on a freaking RCXD. lol

GGs guys. Gonna have to concur that the G.I. unit is underwhelming. I don't see a reason to use it over the mothership, when its only 100 more points.

I had been trying to use the brecci but I just can't see it. It takes too long to kill a single player that when you run into two or more you just have no chance. I love the feel of hipfiring it but its just not worth using.

Switched to the kuda and man it feels good to be able to hit people at some kind of distance.

Just for fun I have it with grip, quickdraw, laser sight, and stock, no secondary or grenades. It seems pretty good.

I'm looking at some older COD games since I stopped after Black Ops 1. I never played MW3 much (it's crazy how forgettable that game is), but generally speaking, I recall maps from all games being much more open, yet still feeling like 3 lanes. They used to have so much more freedom, yet they all felt very good in terms of sensing enemy direction/having great flow.

Do we know if Black Ops 3's DLC maps are going to be the same as the vanilla maps?

Literally every map in this game is 3 lane. Sometimes even less. Combine for example is more like 2 lane, since the 3rd lane is just a wall to get to the other side.

I miss older maps that had secret tunnel passages, or areas to climb high for a sniper spot, and just generally more open spaces, little buildings, etc.

It's strange to explain, but when I go into a little house in this game, it's so fast and never feels ... intimate? Remember all those awesome houses in COD4 that had enemies sometimes in there?

I LOVED taking those guys out. In older COD games, I loved sneaking through a house, or ambushing a sniper, or running underground, etc. I loved that COD4 map, pipeline, that got remade in AW. It had 3 lanes, but it had two huge buildings, a small hill, an underground path that had great sound design, 3 lanes, another small room in the middle, a great rooftop/upper catwalk. That map was so amazing.

I really hope Treyarch mixes up the maps, but I'm assuming the DLC will be totally 3 lane e-sports maps. Is this entirely what they are focused on?

I feel like the swimming adds that extra dimension that otherwise feels lacking in this game. I'm hoping they can at least use that to recreate some of that variety.

Gorillaz

I think that has always been my problem with Treyarch. They don't know how to "dress up" the 3 lane map setup, so when you play it, it feels so plain. That was the reason Black Ops 2 was boring to me. It felt very cold and calculated in it's approach mixed in with some cool looking environments but at the same time it's like you can still feel the lifelessness to it.

Haunted is probably one of the few maps on here that feels like it would fit in with the CoD4/MW2 era of CoD.

I would say honestly if it wasn't for the wallrun/jump/suits I probably wouldn't have gotten BO3 or even given advanced warfare a look. Im not a fan of the current map philosophy the devs have been having.

Waldini

Errrr..

So I opened up some XBOX One / "COD" ports yesterday. Game plays like a charm. Suddenly, I'm shooting bullets instead of air. I can actually kill 3~4 enemies with 1 clip. Mind you, I've always had an Open NAT type.

Anyone care to explain to me how this is possible?

Was excited to find some Gaf'ers randomly today while playing:

2XCHtKi.jpg

WaLlbaNg

Errrr..

So I opened up some XBOX One / "COD" ports yesterday. Game plays like a charm. Suddenly, I'm shooting bullets instead of air. I can actually kill 3~4 enemies with 1 clip. Mind you, I've always had an Open NAT type.

Anyone care to explain to me how this is possible?

Might be a little placebo effect ;)

Ensoul

Trying to get the AR diamond. Finally finished the XR-2 which I thought was bad until I started to use the IRC-1.

The IRC-1 sucks. It takes way too many shots to kill someone. More or less I shoot someone first three or four times just to have them absorb the bullets like sponges then turn around and kill me. The only way I am getting kills off people is flanking them.

Xater

Trying to get the AR diamond. Finally finished the XR-2 which I thought was bad until I started to use the IRC-1.

The IRC-1 sucks. It takes way too many shots to kill someone. More or less I shoot someone first three or four times just to have absorb the bullets like sponges then turn around and kill me. The only way I am getting kills off people is flanking them.

The XR2 is great. I like it more than the M8. The ICR is trash though. Play hardcore to make your life easier. A lot of the weapon challenges become easier in hardcore.

Rixxan

The IRC-1 sucks. It takes way too many shots to kill someone. More or less I shoot someone first three or four times just to have absorb the bullets like sponges then turn around and kill me. The only way I am getting kills off people is flanking them.

Dude, the ICR is such garbage - my god

Just finished gold for it, took me forever because id always switch weapons mid game because I hated it so much

Ensoul

The XR2 is great. I like it more than the M8. The ICR is teash though. Play hardcore to make your life easier. A lot of the weapon challenges become easier in hardcore.

Looking back I suppose the XR2 isn't that bad especially after adding rapid fire to it.

I do agree about hardcore. That is where I go after I get all my head shots. The problem is if I try to get head shots on hardcore I just end up missing their heads and killing the person.

Dude, the ICR is such garbage - my god

Just finished gold for it, took me forever because id always switch weapons mid game because I hated it so much

I don't normally switch weapons as I just want to get the challenges over with. Lucky for me I stopped caring about my KDR about a month ago.

Xater

Looking back I suppose the XR2 isn't that bad especially after adding rapid fire to it.

I do agree about hardcore. That is where I go after I get all my head shots. The problem is if I try to get head shots on hardcore I just end up missing their heads and killing the person.

I even do headshots in hardcore for weapons that have low damage. Still makes it easier.

Rixxan

Seriously, if you are using the ICR, please stop.

All the math has it as one of the worst guns in the game, it's easy to use so it might seem good at first - but damn is it ever trash. Use the Man O War instead for a gun with a similar feel but actual punch.

Xater

All the math has it as one of the worst guns in the game, it's easy to use so it might seem good at first - but damn is it ever trash. Use the Man O War instead for a gun with a similar feel but actual punch.

I'd say KN-44 is a better replacement. The fire rate is similar and the kick is very manageable.

Ensoul

Since I am trying to get the AR diamond that is next one down the list :(

Calabi

The IRC-1 sucks. It takes way too many shots to kill someone. More or less I shoot someone first three or four times just to have them absorb the bullets like sponges then turn around and kill me. The only way I am getting kills off people is flanking them.

Yeah it is bad, just make sure you dont use the Varix 3 sight for it when you do attempt the camo challenges. It seems to stop you from getting some of them.

Rixxan

thought i saw someone recommend a certain optic because it helped with long shots

like, not helped in a skill sense, but actually reduced the range required for it to register as a long shot

am i crazy or was this posted at some point?

Xater

thought i saw someone recommend a certain optic because it helped with long shots

like, not helped in a skill sense, but actually reduced the range required for it to register as a long shot

am i crazy or was this posted at some point?

I only know the Recon further reduces recoil which helps.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
BOA is my jam, it seems to glow red too early sometimes, also great for spotting campers.

Try clearing your game storage. Hit start on game in dashboard and clear reserved storage. Seems to help me. Sometimes I get crazy micro stutter and it always goes away after that. Worth a shot
Thanks! this seems to have worked.

Sometimes I think headshots should be disabled for everything bar snipers, hand guns and shotties. vast majority of SMG/AR headshots are lucky and usually a product of flinch or spray and pray. Also add me to the GI unit is crap list, I'm running on 3.x kills per use. Totally not worth it.

funkypie

Banned
Anyone willing to give for free or sell their season pass for 5 to 10 dollars? A quick case of gaming sharing except once the dlc is downloaded won't ever have to log in Again.

Abit cheeky I know but don't want to spend 50 dollars on it.

Xater

For some reason I am having real trouble getting the Chameleon camo for the Weevil and the Vesper. Now multiple games with getting 4 kills and then getting killed myself. So frustrating. I am more of an AR and LMG guy and for those it has always been so easy to get that camo. I didn't even need to try.

Top Bottom