• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Hikami

thought i saw someone recommend a certain optic because it helped with long shots

like, not helped in a skill sense, but actually reduced the range required for it to register as a long shot

am i crazy or was this posted at some point?
Yeah, use the varix sight (zoomed out view) and a suppressor.

Wait, Im reading about host advantage on Reddit. I though this game was dedicated servers/hybrid servers or something :/

Also, what was everyone's favourite BO2 map? I disliked Hijacked.

I wish they'd have bought back Standoff

Jarrod38

One of the biggest margins we ever had in KC.
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
One of the biggest margins we ever had in KC.
Screenshot-Original.png

Is this a gaf group? Do you guys think its fair to pub stomp like this? Serious question. Do you guys play Arena against other clans or parties.

To me it seems kinda wrong. Looks like you guys have a mothership in every round. That plus wraith and raps and god knows what else makes CoD a fucking nightmare to play. I have been on the opposite end of that and now stick exclusively to TDM.

I love Treyarch and their attempts to bring some kind of balance to killstreaks, perks and weapons after IW's mentality of throwing every that sticks. I really hope they do something to balance these killstreaks in Domination and other objective games. Even Drift0r was talking about this in his latest video.

Maybe parties of 6 shouldn't be allowed in Pub games. 3 max. Maybe Raps shouldn't be allowed when Wraith is up or vice versa. mothership shouldnt be allowed to target people for at least five seconds after they spawn. Spawn killing people is simply broken.

P.S Just trying to get some conversation going. I dont mean to shit on any gaffers here. You guys are great players who would do well without parties.

For some reason I am having real trouble getting the Chameleon camo for the Weevil and the Vesper. Now multiple games with getting 4 kills and then getting killed myself. So frustrating. I am more of an AR and LMG guy and for those it has always been so easy to get that camo. I didn't even need to try.

How long did it take you to get headshots with them? If I'm lucky, I get maybe two max every round.

I'd recommend using awareness and sixth sense, and just camping in or around the enemy spawn after you get the first 3-4 kills. Havoc and other smaller maps are perfect because they always come through a door and you can just hide behind it and get an easy kill or two. The latest batch of Christmas noobs love to sprint into rooms so you can just wait for them with awareness, sixth sense and maybe even Cold Hands since it helps you go ADS faster after sprinting.

Xater

How long did it take you to get headshots with them? If I'm lucky, I get maybe two max every round.

I'd recommend using awareness and sixth sense, and just camping in or around the enemy spawn after you get the first 3-4 kills. Havoc and other smaller maps are perfect because they always come through a door and you can just hide behind it and get an easy kill or two. The latest batch of Christmas noobs love to sprint into rooms so you can just wait for them with awareness, sixth sense and maybe even Cold Hands since it helps you go ADS faster after sprinting.

I don't know how exactly how long it took me. I think for the Weevil it was two days of messing it. I don't mean 48 hours just however much I played in these two days. When I actually want to go for headshots I usually get 3-6 per game. It all depends on the gun though. With ARs a lot of them allow me to do a lot more.

Downloaded and decided to play single player to get to grips with the new stuff.

Has crashed to dashboard twice losing my progress... Awful.

Had to play the opening mission twice and second mission twice. I may just go straight to bots to do multiplayer training then on to online.

Never had a game crash on me twice and never had to replay very boring missions.

Jarrod38

Is this a gaf group? Do you guys think its fair to pub stomp like this? Serious question. Do you guys play Arena against other clans or parties.

To me it seems kinda wrong. Looks like you guys have a mothership in every round. That plus wraith and raps and god knows what else makes CoD a fucking nightmare to play. I have been on the opposite end of that and now stick exclusively to TDM.

I love Treyarch and their attempts to bring some kind of balance to killstreaks, perks and weapons after IW's mentality of throwing every that sticks. I really hope they do something to balance these killstreaks in Domination and other objective games. Even Drift0r was talking about this in his latest video.

Maybe parties of 6 shouldn't be allowed in Pub games. 3 max. Maybe Raps shouldn't be allowed when Wraith is up or vice versa. mothership shouldnt be allowed to target people for at least five seconds after they spawn. Spawn killing people is simply broken.

P.S Just trying to get some conversation going. I dont mean to shit on any gaffers here. You guys are great players who would do well without parties.

Nah it's a group I've been running with since the Xbox days. Nothing wrong with a little Christmas Day noob stomping. Also on that round we had a GI Unit, HATER, and RAPS.

jorgejjvr

I use it on every gun. It's an attachment that helps in every gunfight unless you're hip firing, not many attachments have that kind of use.
I find it its the one attachment that you have control over.

In other words, I need to be good at aiming, reacting, and controlling the recoil. If I'm exceptional at that, which is something controllable, I don't need it. Weapons like the Razorback and Pharo, I find are accurate enough, where I don't need it

Just play both ways and see if it makes a difference for you

If it does, and you lose many gun fights without it, then keep it

Xater

Yeah I should probably try it first. Usually I don't feel like burst weapons really need the grip.

I also wonder now that the silencer has been buffed if putting long barrel and silencer on a SMG is a viable thing.

Jblanks

I find it its the one attachment that you have control over.

In other words, I need to be good at aiming, reacting, and controlling the recoil. If I'm exceptional at that, which is something controllable, I don't need it. Weapons like the Razorback and Pharo, I find are accurate enough, where I don't need it

Just play both ways and see if it makes a difference for you

If it does, and you lose many gun fights without it, then keep it

Yea I've used those guns without it. I don't have amazing accuracy, so using grip helps me control the recoil, and has a better recoil pattern that I'm very used too. It's definitely noticeable once you start to shoot people in the medium range bordering long range.

SlimySnake

I use it on every gun. It's an attachment that helps in every gunfight unless you're hip firing, not many attachments have that kind of use.

Like jorgejjvr said, it's something that you can adjust to as you play the game. My friend once told me to never ever use Grip because then your mind and thumbs get used to it and it becomes a crutch perk/attachment. Instead train your mind to compensate for the recoil. Start low at around the navel area, and let the recoil do the work for you. Even if you get hit and flinch, the recoil will end up getting you a headshot.

jorgejjvr

Like jorgejjvr said, it's something that you can adjust to as you play the game. My friend once told me to never ever use Grip because then your mind and thumbs get used to it and it becomes a crutch perk/attachment. Instead train your mind to compensate for the recoil. Start low at around the navel area, and let the recoil do the work for you. Even if you get hit and flinch, the recoil will end up getting you a headshot.
Exactly this

I just pretend grip does not exist, and learn to play without it

Jblanks

But why pretend it doesn't exist when it's available.

I've used it without many times in every cod, and so many times I've died and said, "If I had grip there, I would still be alive". Without grip the recoil pattern is just weird, and inconsistent between each gun, with grip it makes it easier to adjust for each gun.

I'll try it without again.

eek5

7-8% doesn't seem significant enough for me when most guns kill in 2-5 hits. When compared to attachments like stock/quickdraw it just doesn't make sense IMO

Spraying walls is hardly scientific but if you look at spray patterns with and without grip there is barely a difference in the last couple of COD. They really neutered what the grip does. I just focus on landing my first bullet (reticle on the guy before firing) and take it from there

SlimySnake

But why pretend it doesn't exist when it's available.

Because you can use that precious Pick 10 slot on something more useful like Long Barrel that doubles your range or stock that wins you those critical 1v1 fights at close range. Some guns like the Shieva require four attachments to be REALLY good like High Calibur for 1 shot kills. So now with a Reflex Sight, Grip, High Caliber and of course Long Barrel you are already using SIX slots for your weapon. And that doesnt include Quickdraw which is pretty much essential if you are a run and gun style player.

Also, I am pretty sure Grip only affects vertical recoil. Some shit guns like the ICD have side to side recoil which does not change even if you put Grip on it.

With all that said, SOME guns do perform better with the recoil. High rate of fire guns like the HVK and the Vesper pretty much forced me to use the Grip to be competitive in mid to long range engangements. At the end of the day, if that's what suits your playstyle, go for it. But just remember that it affects vertical recoil only and in a game where everyone drops in 3-4 bullets, you dont really have to worry about controlling recoil most of the time.

Xater

Getting headshots with the Sheiva is for me kinda hard. It does a lot of damage but it's usually just so much easier to go for center mass with that thing.

BTW came to the conclusion that grip is super unnecessary for the Pharo. That thing has barely any kick.

Jblanks

Because you can use that precious Pick 10 slot on something more useful like Long Barrel that doubles your range or stock that wins you those critical 1v1 fights at close range. Some guns like the Shieva require four attachments to be REALLY good like High Calibur for 1 shot kills. So now with a Reflex Sight, Grip, High Caliber and of course Long Barrel you are already using SIX slots for your weapon. And that doesnt include Quickdraw which is pretty much essential if you are a run and gun style player.

Also, I am pretty sure Grip only affects vertical recoil. Some shit guns like the ICD have side to side recoil which does not change even if you put Grip on it.

With all that said, SOME guns do perform better with the recoil. High rate of fire guns like the HVK and the Vesper pretty much forced me to use the Grip to be competitive in mid to long range engangements. At the end of the day, if that's what suits your playstyle, go for it. But just remember that it affects vertical recoil only and in a game where everyone drops in 3-4 bullets, you dont really have to worry about controlling recoil most of the time.

Yea idk. I just used the Pharo w/o it for a couple games, and a couple times I was shooting the guy from medium range and missed like 3 bursts, that I know if I had grip on he would've been dead. Maybe I'm just so used to it. And I never liked stock on guns, I always tend to overaim? when I'm adsing, and end up getting killed. And I don't think long barrel doubles the range on SMGs, but I do use LB on ARs as well as grip so that's not a problem.

Also I've been using Quickdraw less on guns, and it's not nearly as essential as Grip is on SMGs, I'm finding.

SlimySnake

Getting headshots with the Sheiva is for me kinda hard. It does a lot of damage but it's usually just so much easier to go for center mass with that thing.
I use it because of that chance to get a random headshot while panic firing when someone appears out of nowhere. the amount of times i have gotten a one shot one kill from the shieva while hip firing is hilarious to say the least. poor folks dont know what hit them. The game like any other cod game has a lot of aim assist and you just never know when the gods will guide that first bullet to their heads.

eek5

Yea idk. I just used the Pharo w/o it for a couple games, and a couple times I was shooting the guy from medium range and missed like 3 bursts, that I know if I had grip on he would've been dead. Maybe I'm just so used to it. And I never liked stock on guns, I always tend to overaim? when I'm adsing, and end up getting killed. And I don't think long barrel doubles the range on SMGs, but I do use LB on ARs as well as grip so that's not a problem.

Stock isn't about you getting kills as much as it is about you being harder to kill. Hitting a moving target is much harder than hitting a stationary one which is why stock is so strong. It turns weak CQB weapons into ones that can compete, especially against average players.

BTW came to the conclusion that grip is super unnecessary for the Pharo. That thing has barely any kick.

Wait until you unlock high caliber for the 1.8x headshot multiplier.

SlimySnake

Also I've been using Quickdraw less on guns, and it's not nearly as essential as Grip is on SMGs, I'm finding.
My friend was having problems with the Pharro yesterday as well. Which is odd because I was doing the 50 kills no attachment challenge and went 29-4 and 27-2 with it. I swear i do worse with 3-4 attachments.

I guess everyone's play style is different, and if that's what you need to play better than that's what you should use.

one thing you can try is disabling vibration on the controller. Sometimes the controller shakes if you get hit or shoot your gun which could potentially mess up your aim. Oh and flip Shooting to R1 instead of the R2 if you are on the PS4. pressing R1 is much faster than pressing R2 triggers.

Jblanks

My friend was having problems with the Pharro yesterday as well. Which is odd because I was doing the 50 kills no attachment challenge and went 29-4 and 27-2 with it. I swear i do worse with 3-4 attachments.

I guess everyone's play style is different, and if that's what you need to play better than that's what you should use.

one thing you can try is disabling vibration on the controller. Sometimes the controller shakes if you get hit or shoot your gun which could potentially mess up your aim. Oh and flip Shooting to R1 instead of the R2 if you are on the PS4. pressing R1 is much faster than pressing R2 triggers.

I really like the Pharo, but again I like it with Grip on it. I've been playing CoD for years, so I pbly just got really used to how guns work with it. I'm 8th prestige, and over a 2kd so it's been working for me. I tend to always shoot around the chest area, so without grip I find lots of my bullets tend to go up and miss, unless I got high caliber on. I'll just stick with Grip, it works well.

I'll try out switching the triggers to the buttons though.

Do people actually find the contact barrage of information you get in a match enjoyable anymore? I got BO3 for Xmas and it just feels both simultaneously overwhelming and sterile.

I've enjoyed every COD since 4 (except MW3 and Ghosts) but this just doesn't feel fun.

Do people actually find the contact barrage of information you get in a match enjoyable anymore? I got BO3 for Xmas and it just feels both simultaneously overwhelming and sterile.

I've enjoyed every COD since 4 (except MW3 and Ghosts) but this just doesn't feel fun.

You mean the medals?

Or like the rewards like cosmetics?

No game can touch Halo's gratifying announcer. Medals like Revenge water down the special medals like Quad feed

I wish theyd have fewer medals shown in game, and just the special ones

Meh you get used to it, to the point where I will just ignore those medals and such popping up.

Itd be much more special if only a few popped up and if it was telegraphed to everyone. I loved that stuff in Halo and earlier CODs

So wow I saw the mothership for the first time. It was jawdropping. Like a damn spaceship

Too bad it went down almost instantly. I shot it with my Annihilator and it went down in 4 hits

Super cheap in my opinion. The balance is off if a super high killstreak can be taken down by some scrub who happens to have his special available.

I hope they adjust that. I felt really bad for the guy

On Demand

Banned

I like them. It feels satisfying knowing what i accomplished.

Sorry but BO3 is the most fun COD in awhile.

jorgejjvr

So conclusion, no grip needed right?

Lol

Great game rixxan/javes. That game made me want to play kill confirmed lol

What times do you usually play?

Itd be much more special if only a few popped up and if it was telegraphed to everyone. I loved that stuff in Halo and earlier CODs

So wow I saw the mothership for the first time. It was jawdropping. Like a damn spaceship

Too bad it went down almost instantly. I shot it with my Annihilator and it went down in 4 hits

Super cheap in my opinion. The balance is off if a super high killstreak can be taken down by some scrub who happens to have his special available.

I hope they adjust that. I felt really bad for the guy

That guy must've been the worst Mothership pilot ever, then. If I'm not mistaken, a Mothership can't be taken out of the sky until it has reached the map (unless you use a Power Core). Therefore, it was most likely his fault for not equipping the thermal camera, noticing you (I'm assuming you were outside to be able to kill him, and inside the Mothership it is easy to notice other people, especially in the time needed to shoot four times with that pistol), and killing you with a single shot (thus resetting your Annihalator).

By the way technically a Mothership doesn't get destroyed, it only goes out of commission (the pilot just says "NOPE" and runs away).

RS4-

Don't really give a shit about stomping with a 6 stack, shit ain't fun at all.

Most of the time I just run with one other person, if not, it's solo all the way.

Man, you really can't be idle for that long. Shortened the hell out of that, lol

Really liking the Dingo. Currently using it since I'm going for diamond LMG's

Top Bottom