• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Effect

On the PC version can you just install the multiplayer part of the game ala Black Ops 1? Or will the install be the entire thing no matter what?

Rixxan

i highly recommend power sliding off ledges (as opposed to jumping off of them) and into planes that you want to wallrun on

it keeps your overall speed up

Nabs

On the PC version can you just install the multiplayer part of the game ala Black Ops 1? Or will the install be the entire thing no matter what?

You need it all installed if you plan on joining friend lobbies. I think you can still play regular multiplayer without SP installed. It's all done as pieces of DLC this time around.

i can see this game is slowly sinking its hooks into you ;)

this may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVuXiqEqkA
I play games in cycles. If I go too long playing one multiplayer shooter I start to get annoyed with it, so I switch off to my backup for a week or so. COD has typically been my backup, I want to get to at least rank 30 before I pass final judgement on it and decided if I'll trade it in.

Typically Battlefield has been my main game, but now it's Battlefront. Going from a game so refreshingly simplistic to something as overloaded as BO3 is really rough.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
In yalls opinion is the high caliber attachment worth using a slot? It says increased headshot damage, but I would think head shots already do tons of damage.

eek5

imo the only gun in the game that its a must-have for is the shieva

Pretty great on the M8 too since the recoil kicks up so much. I use it to pick people off head glitches. Once I get high caliber for shieva I'll probably switch to that to pick people off glitches because it'll be more reliable (I'm guessing)

Full parties get so fucking salty when they're all posted up in TDM and I peek out and pick them all off.

eek5

Oh wow interesting, I always assumed a headshot was more damaging.

It used to be 1.6 in old COD.

HC is 1.5x multiplier on AR/pistols except for sheiva which is 1.8x (makes it OHK headshot) out until about mid-long range (same range that kn drops to 5hk which is pretty far out)

I think the Rejack ability should work as activating a tactical insertion, so it can be used manually as opposed to at death. I miss tac insert. Super useful in objective modes like Demolition

Seems the best use for it now is when youre rolling with a team that clears the area so that you can respawn. But that only sounds useful on Hardpoint

Calabi

Anyone have tips on getting the rejack rapid kill challenge completed? I can't get two people to lineup for me to kill.

There's a vid on youtube cant remember where exactly. But basically the idea is you suicide yourself, choose your moment to die,cook a grenade or whatever, and pre setup C4, or use smoke to hide your death, near some guys then rejack and mow them all down.

Oh wow interesting, I always assumed a headshot was more damaging.
Yeah I kind of ignored high calibre until recently as I was mainly playing hardcore, but been going back to core and stuck it on a few guns I was going for headshot camos on and I really felt like it made a big difference, I had a lot more headshots per game with it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
In yalls opinion is the high caliber attachment worth using a slot? It says increased headshot damage, but I would think head shots already do tons of damage.

Nope. Headshots do only 1.1x damage which is useless because most assault rifles need 3 shots to kill. High Caliber increases that to 1.5x for all but Shieva which gets a 1.8x increase. That makes it a must on Shieva because it makes it a one shot headshot machine.

Not too sure if you should be using it on any other assualt rifle since there are better attachments out there. If you are doing the Gold Challenges than yes, it's pretty much a must.

Here is the Drift0r video where he breaks it down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUupT-Luwrs

Oh and I always used it when I did the 6 attachment challenges for the Gold camos. God that was fun. If you use it with Rapid Fire and Long Barrel, it makes every Assault Rifle a death machine. I was super disappointment when I found out there is no high caliber attachment for SMGs and LMGs. It's made the road to gold camos a grind compared to ARs.

patchday

i can see this game is slowly sinking its hooks into you ;)

this may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVuXiqEqkA

oh... Nice vid didn't know you could change direction while wall running

I play games in cycles. If I go too long playing one multiplayer shooter I start to get annoyed with it, so I switch off to my backup for a week or so. COD has typically been my backup, I want to get to at least rank 30 before I pass final judgement on it and decided if I'll trade it in.

Typically Battlefield has been my main game, but now it's Battlefront. Going from a game so refreshingly simplistic to something as overloaded as BO3 is really rough.

I play both Battlefront and BO3 as well. But bo3 probably has much deeper hooks into me atm with the additive movement system. Everytime I go back to battlefront I miss the nice controls from bo3

LE6ioGKps4j72.gif

I enjoyed this kill. LOL at the way it looks when I'm climbing over though

Every time I try to shoot someone while I'm wall-running, I just fall to my death. What am I doing wrong?

You can aim down sights, look, and shoot while aiming down the sights while wall running, but your left analog stick CANNOT move whatsoever because otherwise it'll deactivate the wallrun (it has to stay pressed against the direction of the wall).

someday

Banned
You can aim down sights and, look, and shoot while aiming down the sights while wall running, but your left analog stick CANNOT move whatsoever because otherwise it'll deactivate the wallrun (it has to stay pressed against the direction of the wall).
Thanks, yeah, that makes sense. It's just so second-nature for me to move the stick.

So I'm halfway through the local campaign on realistic, renew live, try to play campaign only to be told local isn't transferred to online and vice versa.

Top Bottom