• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

HigXx

Just got it but cant do anything cause I need to wait on a patch downloading and its taking ages to install campaign

BokehKing

Banned
I'm a guy who loved the mechanics of the beta but felt that shit wasn't up to snuff in terms of net code...rubber banding, stuttering, etc.

Has that been fixed on ps4? Is it better? Holding off until I hear other wise.
No rubber banding or stuttering yet for me in NA east

Played about 8-10 games last night (in-between weird server issues and lobbies that wouldn't start). I played the hell out of Titanfall and did play Destiny PVP, AW and am currently playing H5 as well.

I would compare BO3 MP to Titanfall most closely due to the movement, I know there are "supers" like Destiny but they really didn't seem to have much of a significant impact. In Destiny if someone has a golden gun up or some other super you are pretty much toast. In BO3 I repeatedly took out people who had their bow out or that electricity gun even killed a guy who was mid-air doing the ground pound move.

The wall running just didn't feel as smooth as I'm used to in TF and seemed fairly superfluous to the overall game as many of the encounters happen in enclosed spaces which limit that mobility. I play primarily objective game types (Hardpoint / Domination) so maybe that plays in to it. I found myself going back to running a shottie primarily as there was so much fighting indoors that it really paid off to have a CQ one-shot weapon. (Thank god panic knife is gone). The slide was nice but that isn't exactly new to COD and neither is double-jumping but I found it to be useful at times for surprise window attacks. In several fights I really missed the ability to side boost on the ground or even in mid-air.

I'll be putting more time in but I really think the MP will wear pretty thin as it doesn't seem to bring as much to the table movement wise as I would have liked.

And does anyone else find it a bit ridiculous in how Treyarch seems to have gone totally dude-bro with the level up cock-rock guitar riff? I laughed every time I heard it kick-off. Plus the medal spam at the top of the screen and constant unlock junk did start to bug me.

rakka

Wow this is refreshing after Halo 5. Huge halo and COD fan, Halo 5 mp is frustrating as shit and has a lot of issues. High TTK in Halo is usually fine but all the extra shit in there just doesn't feel like it belongs and really affects gameplay negatively.

Nowhere near as many random deaths in BLOPS3 and I'm getting the hang of wall running, slide, thrusters. Feels natural and surprisingly FUN :)
And you dont HAVE to use the new moves to do well but exactly, its optional, up to your playstyle. That's not a bad thing as some say...

Maps play great for the most part and fuck, some are drop dead gorgeous. Wish i could say the same for the mp maps in halo 5.

Only complaint so far is splitscreen. I don't mind the visual downgrade but does all the text have to be so fucking tiny? Why not black ops 2 sized text?

thejpfin

Multiplayer is stuttery mess. Every lobby I join, every player is on 1-2 bar connection. I can't even move without teleporting everywhere.

I just bought a copy in Game. Got 2 codes, one for Nuketown and one for something else. The Nuketown one works fine but the other one is 13 digits long so I can't redeem it online. Any ideas what it's for or how to redeem it?

jorgejjvr

So what do I do if I got the season pass bit I do not see the giant on my downloads

Edit: I'm wired and have not had any issues online at all, and I was playing since midnight

Enosh

finally got mine delivered, will see how shitty it will run on my 2GB 960

and lol 6DVDs
reminds me of when i bought klingon academy and it came on 8 CDs

Played a little BO3 (PS4 version) and i had to compare it to Titanfall mobility.

IMO Titanfall is way better in gameplay and mobility, you can feel Respawn had the idea of mobility as a priority and a huge part of the gameplay where i didn't feel the same thing in BO3.

I have the PS4 version with the season pass, not sure i'm satisfied with my purchase, yet.

has anyone tried split screen on PC?

this is how me and my wife are going to play (Specifically multi monitor split screen) but with the performance issues, it seems we might need to wait?

I've got a 980ti to throw at it but i dunno

jorgejjvr

I'll be getting on in about half an hour, any gaf players down for some multi together? I mostly play Dom

Psn: jorgejjvr

Edit: perhaps have a whole team if gaf players? Lol

jorgejjvr

Multiplayer is stuttery mess. Every lobby I join, every player is on 1-2 bar connection. I can't even move without teleporting everywhere.
Strange, I've had 0 problems since getting the game at midnight

Absolutely have not had any issues whatsoever

Ps4 here

rakka

How is the splitscteen performance?

Absolute shit in campaign :(

MP splitscreen is playable. Unfortunately not as good as BLOPS2 though, i guess because the base game is more detailed. Framerate is a lil lower.

Worst however is the text in split screen, I hope they fix it. It's fucking tiny as shit lol, even on a 1080p TV. But on a 720p one its unbearably small. I don't see why they didn't just use the text size from BLOPS2. That's not a technical limitation :p If theres anyone from Treyarch here PLEASE take note.

EL CUCO

I need to get off work!

Treading reviews lightly so I dont spoil the story for myself. Seems like overall impressions are mostly positive. As long as MP plays similar to how the beta did, I'll be happy.

I grabbed next week off from work so I can have me a Blops3 marathon :D

Drewfonse

Wow, I can hold my own in BO2, but I am getting destroyed online in this game. My new tv is bigger than the one I'm used to and it does have a little higher input lag, but I just feel like I'm shooting all over the place. I guess I need to unlock some attachments for my guns, because right now I suck.

aravuus

The Haymaker is awesome too

ADS is lame

Also I love the fact that this game has proper ragdolls at last. Dying to explosions is hilarious

liquidtmd

Banned
Been running perfectly in multiplayer, having a blast on PS4

I'm going to pick up Battlefront as well and I think between the two I'm going to be entertained till SFV in February

Neofx

Woooop, this game is FUN.

The Kuda is very very strong, guess I am spending my unlock tokens on perks and shit.

Woooow... Im extremely disappointed now. I know its such a minor thing to most people but HC Dom / HC KC is the only game modes I play.

I hear ya. Not sure what the issue is with adding those 2. I'm sure they'll patch it in but it's silly something like this needs to be patched in.

There's no ricochet either, btw. Teammate kills you? Just gotta move on.

rakka

Wow, I can hold my own in BO2, but I am getting destroyed online in this game. My new tv is bigger than the one I'm used to and it does have a little higher input lag, but I just feel like I'm shooting all over the place. I guess I need to unlock some attachments for my guns, because right now I suck.

I blame the Xbone controller lol it sucks. You'll get used to it man.

And yeah, attachments are always good. Even in blops 2 I always chose attachments and perks over lethals and tacticals

Raptor

I get killed all the time because Im running on walls, slidding, and jumping everywhere like a maniac lol.

I have as much fun doing that than killing lol.

This game is great but I feel battery aint that good? or I need tips to use her, when I get the special I cant kill anyone and I want to explode people in pieces thats why I use her, the gore is incredible.

Absolute shit in campaign :(

MP splitscreen is playable. Unfortunately not as good as BLOPS2 though, i guess because the base game is more detailed. Framerate is a lil lower.

Worst however is the text in split screen, I hope they fix it. It's fucking tiny as shit lol, even on a 1080p TV. But on a 720p one its unbearably small. I don't see why they didn't just use the text size from BLOPS2. That's not a technical limitation :p If theres anyone from Treyarch here PLEASE take note.

This REALLY decreased my hype :( I might just sned the package back and use my money on Battlefront or Fallout 4 instead :(

What's everyone's favorite AR right now? Can't seem to find one I like. Just been using the default smg for now.

Out of the early ones the X-r2 has treated me the best. The Ak I forget what they are calling it now isn't bad it's the first one u have unlocked. It's seems like you need to pile attachments on assault rifles to make them more usable.

rakka

This REALLY decreased my hype :( I might just sned the package back and use my money on Battlefront or Fallout 4 instead :(

What? Surely you're not basing your decision solely on split screen. It's still fun in split screen and I'm sure they can fix the tiny text issue. And fingers crossed they improve frame rate as time goes on.

And when playing full screen MP it's both a blast and gorgeous :)

LQX

There is something about the graphics I don't like. Maybe it is because we are in a age where games look too realistic but it has this painted mud/clay look to it. Sort of like this...

twain1.jpg

Top Bottom