• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Gah. I wish I could afford the new maps. They look like what I wanted out of the vanilla maps. I really want to try them out, because at least Rise looks like classic map design that I've been itching for.

Definitely disliked Hijacked/Skyjacked. Not sure how it could have been remade with the new movement.

Unfortunately, with my PS+ lapsing, Im going to have to sell BOIII so that I can buy PS+

I really enjoyed playing with you guys, but I have to regrettably prioritize some things. I'll still watch vids you guys post on here, Jorge's gameplays are always fun to watch :p

jorgejjvr

Gah. I wish I could afford the new maps. They look like what I wanted out of the vanilla maps. I really want to try them out, because at least Rise looks like classic map design that I've been itching for.

Definitely disliked Hijacked/Skyjacked. Not sure how it could have been remade with the new movement.

Unfortunately, with my PS+ lapsing, Im going to have to sell BOIII so that I can buy PS+

I really enjoyed playing with you guys, but I have to regrettably prioritize some things. I'll still watch vids you guys post on here, Jorge's gameplays are always fun to watch :p
It's been fun mate :(

https://youtu.be/x-qveudxb3s

Skittles

So yeah... With the latest patch, people basically only use SMGs. I've played with like... 4 people over the course of like 10+ matches that had AR's like myself. Otherwise everyone is using an SMG.
I've had the opposite lately. A lot of people are running around with the brec

Repo Man

Server down for anyone else?

cant log into the game on psn

PC servers took a shit too it seems. Not the end of the world for me personally but a tweet or something with them acknowledging the issue and stating that they're working on it would be cool.

Repo Man

They do have a status website. I assume that they get notified if the servers goes down:

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/status

Also says on the site that the team are on it (its an automatic message, but still).

Yeah only just now discovered it myself after having browsed through some steam discussion threads, gonna bookmark that for the future. Thanks.

Think I've been spoilt by Blizzard's support for their games, the second there's any hitches in any of their games, you got tweets and shit with regular updates flowing out whereas a lot of the community in Blops seems to be wondering if this is a technical issue or if some sort of update is being pushed out or what. Communication is and always has been a key to a loyal and happy community, just a shame a lot of devs/publishers are pretty lousy at it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah only just now discovered it myself after having browsed through some steam discussion threads, gonna bookmark that for the future. Thanks.

Think I've been spoilt by Blizzard's support for their games, the second there's any hitches in any of their games, you got tweets and shit with regular updates flowing out whereas a lot of the community in Blops seems to be wondering if this is a technical issue or if some sort of update is being pushed out or what. Communication is and always has been a key to a loyal and happy community, just a shame a lot of devs/publishers are pretty lousy at it.
No problem :)

Yeah, i do agree that it would be nice to get a status update on Twitter as well, with some more specific info. That would be nice.

EDIT: I see now that they also did tweet about it:

https://twitter.com/playblackops3

I just noticed it last night. The lightning changes on Hunted looked a bit weird at first but it's nice. Makes it look like a nice sunny day.

someone on reddit mentioned the games lighting got an upgrade, so all maps should look different. I haven't noticed yet because I haven't played the vanilla maps since the update.

Splash is the worst map for Domination, I despise it. Dang, ever since the DLC came out I've actually had to struggle a bit to get my Motherships. I think it's just that a bunch of the really dedicated and good people are playing the DLC right now. It's different, I actually have people to challenge me. Although it's starting to become more often than not, and I don't want to get all sweaty every game.

shanafan

I don't mind buying DLC, but buying extra class slots was a complete waste of money. The way it is setup with BO3 is not the same as it was in AW. I should be able to use ANY of my extra class slots during a match, and not get stuck with the class set I selected before the match.

I was working a new set and ended up with a incomplete class set when the match started. I had to roll with a default loadout, lol.

Rixxan

definitely notice the overall skill level of lobbies up since the DLC, as expected

usually the more invested/better players tend to jump on a map pack like this

actually digging it, still doming, just cant coast as much

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pretty damn good on lmgs

Never noticed a difference myself.

Though I will concede that Rapid Fire is neck and neck with Grip as the most neutered attachment in the game. 6.4% increase in fire-rate versus a 7.5% reduction in recoil.

Rixxan

Splash is one of the most aesthetically pleasing, colorful, artistically inspired maps that I've ever played in a multiplayer shooter

But I'm still not sure if I actually like it

jorgejjvr

Splash is one of the most aesthetically pleasing, colorful, artistically inspired maps that I've ever played in a multiplayer shooter

But I'm still not sure if I actually like it
Love the look

Not liking so far how it plays

Rise is the opposite, don't like the look, but love how it plays

Still gotta give Splash more time tho

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving this game! Last COD I played was the first Black Ops.

Do you guys play hardcore?

Since I started playing hardcore, I can't go back to non-hardcore game modes. I've grown so used to one or two shot kills that having to kill with four or five shots (Razerback) is so difficult for me now. :(

I'm hating all the on top of the map glitches on the new maps. Most of the new maps have ways to go out of bounds and camp in spots on top of the map where people cant see you. On top of the map in the forest area and urban area of Gauntlet, on top of the fort and the yellow tube of Splash, on top of the building in Skyjacked. Think Rise is the only one I havent seen something for so far.

Fuck, did they test these maps or what? Every time I play Splash it has people camping in the wall above the yellow tube or on top of the fort. Hope they patch the new maps quickly.

Top Bottom